Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hope I remember you were at a point close to where I was at when I was finishing my crossover! I hope you can continue on with a smooth taper, I remember you had some rough times. Maybe we can both get through slow, steady and smooth. Or smooth- ish!

Has anyone heard of cutting 1 day a week for a few weeks, then two days, etc.....My doctor said that was one approach but I hadn't ever heard anyone talk about it? He said it can be easier?

Lmk if anyone has tried this....

Thanks!

Blue

Builder:

He mentioned this was one way of leveling them out over course of a month w/out feeling effects as much as daily? But I'm sure you know more than he does!

Hope I remember you were at a point close to where I was at when I was finishing my crossover! I hope you can continue on with a smooth taper, I remember you had some rough times. Maybe we can both get through slow, steady and smooth. Or smooth- ish!

Yes I've had some rough times but I'm making progress. My taper got delayed for 2 surgeries this year so I would have been a little further along. Yes, hopefully we will both have a smooth ride to the finish line!

Bad panic attack and some dizziness tonight. For once, I chose not to push through it. I decided to rest in bed. It took several hours to feel normal again. Even once I felt mentally normal, I had this shaky/nauseated feeling that lingered.

Panic attacks are new for me and hopefully temporary. What I find interesting (and terrifying) is that where my familiar anxiety is more mental and somewhat under my control if I don't fight it, panic seems to be a chemical thing that happens physically. I guess the answer to both is to not fight it and just let it pass, but where I feel I can distract myself from anxiety, that's not really the case with panic. I can choose not to make it worse, sure, but I mostly just have to ride it out.

The thing that keeps me from losing my mind is the understanding that it will always pass even if it takes a long time. No panic attack is permanent. That's the reassurance for me. When I went through this on Ativan, it felt like it would never end, and I just lost it. If I had this understanding then, maybe I could have finished that first taper! Ah well, no regrets, right?

Anyway, my Saturday was derailed because of that. Gonna try to make my Sunday a good one.

SandP,

You definitely have the right attitude. These panic attacks will pass. I've experienced what you did last night many times during my taper. It's not pleasant, but it will always pass.

Keep that mindset and you're home free!

Best,

Ed

I'm trying, Ed!  :) Thanks for the encouragement! The mental side is the tough part for me. I can handle all the physical stuff as long I keep my head on straight, but if I let the anxiety get its grip on me, I'm done for. I'm battling with that today. I've made plans to get out for a bit and I'm sure it will help but right now I'm dreading it. I'm looking forward to Monday just to get back to my work routine, but I know I need to be able to enjoy my downtime too. I don't want to get back into that space where I can't stand the weekends. I guess it's ok to feel down right now. It's just hard because I've been so happy lately and I don't want to let go of that feeling! Just gotta keep reminding myself that it will return naturally in its own time.

:thumbsup:

Healing is a process rather than an on/off switch. Think about how a cut heals. It scabs over and the skin gradually regenerates. You'll get there. Take it slow.

Sounds like you are doing pretty well if you are able to work ERC?

Good job!! Lucky duck!!

How are you doing, Jackson? Are you holding at 1mg of V until after the holidays or have you begun to taper down a little?

Hope you're well,

Ed

Hi Ed!

Yes I have been holding at 1mg v and the 600 per day total neurontin and remeron

This is craziness Ed if u knew how health conscious I am to be on these dreadful meds

However, my terror and Akathesia has settled down (thanks for neurontin I think)

So bummed to take it as its another issue

Everyone in my house is sick at the moment so I am bracing myself. Was hoping to stabilize and start taper in a couple of weeks on jan 1. It will be about a two month hold. Then I will go to .90 and hold for 3 wks and proceed like that I think.. .80 hold etc. Idk.  Am I dragging out the torrure? If it weren't for Akathesia I could manage. But that sx and the inner restlessness makes me fear for my life honestly

It's very hard to describe. I honestly think after my cold turkey I should have stuck it out. The Cns damage has intensified this last year on these drugs and I am such a lightweight

How are you?

Are you holding or tapering?

My worst sx now is major PVC, I have night sweats and a little anxiety today but I think it's just bc of the stress of my kids being ill and wondering how to do this while caring for kids etc

I no longer work which is another craziness in itself

Hope you are ok!!!!

Hi Ed!

Yes I have been holding at 1mg v and the 600 per day total neurontin and remeron

This is craziness Ed if u knew how health conscious I am to be on these dreadful meds

However, my terror and Akathesia has settled down (thanks for neurontin I think)

So bummed to take it as its another issue

Everyone in my house is sick at the moment so I am bracing myself. Was hoping to stabilize and start taper in a couple of weeks on jan 1. It will be about a two month hold. Then I will go to .90 and hold for 3 wks and proceed like that I think.. .80 hold etc. Idk.  Am I dragging out the torrure? If it weren't for Akathesia I could manage. But that sx and the inner restlessness makes me fear for my life honestly

It's very hard to describe. I honestly think after my cold turkey I should have stuck it out. The Cns damage has intensified this last year on these drugs and I am such a lightweight

How are you?

Are you holding or tapering?

My worst sx now is major PVC, I have night sweats and a little anxiety today but I think it's just bc of the stress of my kids being ill and wondering how to do this while caring for kids etc

I no longer work which is another craziness in itself

Hope you are ok!!!!

Oh, I'm all too familiar with the Akathesia and terror feelings. It truly is torture. I'm just happy that you have been able to get out of that spot you were in at the end of October. I really felt for you.

I have been bouncing back and forth between cut/hold and MT. When I hit a dead end with one method, I switch back to the other. In all honesty, I never feel "good", but when I hit about a 5/10, I know it's time to reduce again.  That's where I am now, so tonight I'm going to just knock off a little bit (maybe .0125mg) and see how I feel tomorrow. My main goal until Christmas is to be functional for my wife.

I don't know if you're dragging things out or not. One thing that you should know by now though is that it is tough to set a schedule and stick to it rigidly. Why not reduce to .9 and see how you feel? If it takes too long to bounce back, why not cut by .05 next time. Conversely, if you feel great, maybe you'd want to knock off .25mg the next time. 

Just my 2 cents.

All the best,

Ed

Not sure where to post this. I just started a Valium cross over from Klonopin this past Friday. (The cross over is 1 mg QID Valium and .388 K for two weeks then stop K and go to 2 mg Valium QID.)

As soon as I started taking Valium, this depression came on. I wake up feeling ok, then take the valium and within an hour I am really depressed.

I felt fine last week before the start of the cross over. I talk to the doc Wednesday and am so worried that if this is me on valium from the beginning, there is no way I can continue taking it and should stop cross over now.

Any thoughts on Valium and depression. Klonopin totally sucks, but at least didn't have depression.

I got hit with terrible depression 3 weeks ago.  The valium causes it.  It lifts. But I have had to strip down all stressors. I went too fast on my taper and got horrible wd Symptoms. Since that subsided and I realized I lived thru it, the depression is a little better.  I realized. These drugs  are so bad that there is no easy answer. I do know that valium is far less potent than k.

Not sure where to post this. I just started a Valium cross over from Klonopin this past Friday. (The cross over is 1 mg QID Valium and .388 K for two weeks then stop K and go to 2 mg Valium QID.)

As soon as I started taking Valium, this depression came on. I wake up feeling ok, then take the valium and within an hour I am really depressed.

I felt fine last week before the start of the cross over. I talk to the doc Wednesday and am so worried that if this is me on valium from the beginning, there is no way I can continue taking it and should stop cross over now.

Any thoughts on Valium and depression. Klonopin totally sucks, but at least didn't have depression.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.7490;topicseen

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find a couple of people who discuss the same thing. Perhaps post on that thread as well for more eyes on your question. 

I'm sorry you're experiencing depression.

All the best,

Ed

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.7490;topicseen

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find a couple of people who discuss the same thing. Perhaps post on that thread as well for more eyes on your question. 

I'm sorry you're experiencing depression.

All the best,

Ed

Thanks for the link Ed, also thanks to Magnolis and as always fightformylife. I am still reading all the posts. I don't think I am going to try and soldier through the Valium. Don't know what doc will say. Hopefully try for liquid compounded pharmacy Klonopin because I am tied of cutting and scraping.

I know I was in inter dose withdrawal for past year but actually finally stabilized last month. I think my brain finally got use to .388 (down from 1 mg).

So if I soldier through the rest of the K taper with the understanding I will go into inter dose withdrawal again. I learned how to deal with this particular problem so not willing to learn how to deal with the new issues that come with Valium.

People with inter dose withdrawal say you just got to keep going slow and cutting and using all the coping skills you can. Rather be anxious than depressed.  Everyone has to decide for themselves.

Just hope doc agrees to stopping the Valium after three days.

I was a bit depressed after c/o but found that went away after a few weeks. I have other symptoms certainly, but perhaps the depression will subside given some time?

blue

I too was hit with some depression when I did my "crossover" (that's in quotes because if you look at my signature, it wasn't really a crossover, just dumping the full amount on top of my Ativan dose, which was crazy and I was so oversedated). I toughed it out with the Valium because the Ativan taper was a total nightmare for me. I think there is an advantage to just tapering from your original benzo if you're able to do it, but I just couldn't. The depression definitely lifted with each cut. I preferred the depression to the DR/DP that I was experiencing on my Ativan taper. Not an easy decision to make and I'm afraid I don't have any good advice, just sharing my experience!

I too was hit with some depression when I did my "crossover" (that's in quotes because if you look at my signature, it wasn't really a crossover, just dumping the full amount on top of my Ativan dose, which was crazy and I was so oversedated). I toughed it out with the Valium because the Ativan taper was a total nightmare for me. I think there is an advantage to just tapering from your original benzo if you're able to do it, but I just couldn't. The depression definitely lifted with each cut. I preferred the depression to the DR/DP that I was experiencing on my Ativan taper. Not an easy decision to make and I'm afraid I don't have any good advice, just sharing my experience!

Hello,

Maybe you didn't follow the Ashton protocol, I crossed over in a month little by little,  It was a smooth cross over,  I loved valium,

It was great, was the best thing I ever done,  now I'm 7 months benzo free.  It's hard to be without  benzo,  you have to manage the anxiety.  I use 10mg prozac to stop depresion. 

TEX

Two weeks is just not enough to adjust to valium, it took me over 12. But klonopin is long lasting too, I read so many people just split their K doses and it helps with the interdose mess- is that correct, anyone? Crossing over takes up time because you dont usually cut during the cross- thats what I was told but I did cut because my doc would not give me enough V to cover my X and ambien dose. But mine were both short acting and Im a rapid metabolizer anyway which is a set up for a screw up from the beginning. I hope you get some good advice. Just from what I experienced the V let up over the first week after my cross. I see a lot of folks just taper off K straight just by adjusting their doses if its just idwd because they might metabolize it too fast.

Anyone taking D3 and/or B12 with diazepam while tapering?  I have been deficient in past and usually take the D3 in winter.

Not sure if it will interact.

Thanks

Sharkie  :)