Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Yesterday I had deep tissue massage of upper body to release tightness.  Is stored valium in cells and muscles released during a massage. Today I was lethargic,sleepy and it felt like the 1st time I took Valium.  Anyone experience this?

Conversely, my sx were set off to red alert after my last massage. Not a pleasant experience at all. My CNS was just revved up!

Yesterday I had deep tissue massage of upper body to release tightness.  Is stored valium in cells and muscles released during a massage. Today I was lethargic,sleepy and it felt like the 1st time I took Valium.  Anyone experience this?

Conversely, my sx were set off to red alert after my last massage. Not a pleasant experience at all. My CNS was just revved up!

I've  had the same thing happen before. Sx getting worse after a massage.

SD,

I get a massage once a month now.

The first time I got one I felt worse for thr first two days or so following.

The next massage though, I had no such after effect.

I have heard that muscle massage can be detoxifying and thus release stored V but I really do not know if there is any science behind that. Some say they feel better, some say they feel worse.

I guess like so many other adjunct theropies, we all react differently.

Personally, im sticking with them until they do me harm.

Peace & Healing

ATU

I know it helped. Because deep tension and trigger points were released.  But the stoned feeling today was scary. Yet another thing lurking when you least expect it. I layed in a hammock all day. 

Just checking in real quick! I'm going into day 5 since my jump and I'm still good. A slight floaty feeling and a headache are the only symptoms to speak of. I keep wondering if it's all going to hit me in the second week.

Tonight I did something spontaneous! I met up with a cousin that I haven't seen in years. We hung out in her outdoor hot tub while it was snowing and raining. It felt so good. I never do anything like that! I did have a tiny panic attack when I first got there, but it passed quickly.

I never in a million years would have thought I'd be doing something like that on the first weekend of my jump! I thought I'd be hiding out! :)

S&P,

Yes! Well done, you know sitting back in anticipation of sxs is a sure fire way of getting what you expect. Try not to think that way, be possitive. I suspect you will have some mild issues as time passes and little matters may feel big but that should level out!

Stay well and congrats on getting to the finish line.

Your going to be just fine.  :thumbsup:

Peace & Healing

ATU

I know it helped. Because deep tension and trigger points were released.  But the stoned feeling today was scary. Yet another thing lurking when you least expect it. I layed in a hammock all day.

Magnolis,

Perhaps you were just feeling very relaxed after the massage??

Hanging out in a hamack sounds wonderful! Now I have to go and plough the driveway  :sick:

Stay well :thumbsup:

ATU

Magnolis,

Perhaps the massage released some stored V and thus that sensation. Did it eventually pass? If so, then fine.

I doubt you would have that result a second time if in fact this is what happened.

Your cool now, right?  :thumbsup:

ATU

I feel better today partially motivated to do a little work.

My husband is a deep tissue massage therapist.  I let him do my feet,but I was afraid of this result if he did deep tissue. If i knew it helped release valium from my body i would do it more.  The valium is making me super depressed on top of my typical seasonal depression.

Atu

Did you get valium depression?  AT your low dose is life pretty normal?

Magnolis,

Looking at ypur taper and history, you shpuld be proud of where you are right now.

At your cutrent dose feeling some depression is understandable. I believe it will pass as you get lower in dose. You will probably have sxs but the depression should phase out. At what level it is hard to say.

I never did get depressed but then my highest dose of V was only 4.5 mg.

i would like to tell you that I am more or less normal but I would be lying. I get periods of severe muscle pain mostly in the back and at night when I go to bed I get full body burning. Short periods of anxiety but nothing too bad.

I just came in from clearing my drive and walkway and I had to stop call the wife because I put my back out shovelling the heavy wet snow.

Now thats a bummer but im sure it will get better.

Stay positive. Someone once said if you believe your doing fine or if you believe your doing poorly your right! In other words our ineer thoughts are so important to getting through this.

Go as slow as you need to with your taper, its not a race and sometimes slower is actually. Faster as you avoid the setbacks that can accompany fast tapers.

Just accept it all and move forward!

Stay well!  :thumbsup:

ATU

Forget shoveling snow.  You need to come to Florida and lay in hammocks!

Magnolis,

After a 2 year attempt to taper off Ativan I convinced my doctor to let me cross to V. He wanted me to cross at 3mgs. I told him the recommended equal is 7.5 mg. he said try to cross over at a smaller dose. As it turned out for me 4.5 was good.

Ive never been to Florida though a lot of my retired friends spend winter there. I have a two week vacation coming up in March to the Mayan Mexican area. That will be nice.

Right now Ill have settle for photos of warmer spots!  :thumbsup:

Peace & Healing to you

ATU

Just checking in real quick! I'm going into day 5 since my jump and I'm still good. A slight floaty feeling and a headache are the only symptoms to speak of. I keep wondering if it's all going to hit me in the second week.

Tonight I did something spontaneous! I met up with a cousin that I haven't seen in years. We hung out in her outdoor hot tub while it was snowing and raining. It felt so good. I never do anything like that! I did have a tiny panic attack when I first got there, but it passed quickly.

I never in a million years would have thought I'd be doing something like that on the first weekend of my jump! I thought I'd be hiding out! :)

Wonderful news Solace! Keep focusing on the positives, be spontaneous, enjoy life. Have you heard the saying "thoughts that fire together wire together?"  Well, you're doing an excellent job of rewiring your brain.

Left :smitten:

You guys are just awesome. Thank you for the great replies. It did get a little worse today, more of that floaty feeling and also some pretty strong intestinal/rectal pain, not happy to have that back! Might have to temporarily increase the probiotics. But again, still working, still staying busy, still being positive. None of this is anything that I didn't expect, and it really isn't that bad so far. I'm so relieved to not be putting that poison in my system anymore! Proud of all of you who are getting there too. We are a bunch of tough cookies! :thumbsup:

You guys are just awesome. Thank you for the great replies. It did get a little worse today, more of that floaty feeling and also some pretty strong intestinal/rectal pain, not happy to have that back! Might have to temporarily increase the probiotics. But again, still working, still staying busy, still being positive. None of this is anything that I didn't expect, and it really isn't that bad so far. I'm so relieved to not be putting that poison in my system anymore! Proud of all of you who are getting there too. We are a bunch of tough cookies! :thumbsup:

Very happy for you and great to see your log and that you are now off Valium and feeling functional! I hope to get there someday but that day seems very far and away right now, it's stories like yours and others that keep my chin up through this nightmare. Thnak you and best of look being being benzo free! I'm sure the future is very bright for you.

Solaceandpeace,

Congratulations on being benzo free.

I too hope to join that group as soon as I can but not yet.

So good to hear you are doing well. :thumbsup:

Peace & Healing

ATU

So happy for you Solace.  :smitten:

Hi

I'm looking for opinions and feedback on which route to take now.  I am doing a dlmt starting with 11 mg of valium at .03 per day. (1 mg per 33 days.) Original drug was temazapam. That was October and early Nov.. I felt fine. SO I then increased the rate to .04 from about nov.3 to now . close to 9mg v .Depression increased and morning nausea started.  I work out of my house and can't get going til 11. Feel sick til 11 or 12. Thought yesterday it was getting better,was even feeling positive.  Today sick all day with nausea and general shitty feeling.  One opinion is to reduce taper rate.

Wanted feedback.  Is nausea a side affect of the drug valium or a w/d symptom.  I suffer from depression normally and that increased. Is that also a side effect of valium or w/d . I know there are no set rules but I would like feedback before I reduce taper rate.  Temazapoison was the only benzo I have ever taken.

Thanks

Hi

I'm looking for opinions and feedback on which route to take now.  I am doing a dlmt starting with 11 mg of valium at .03 per day. (1 mg per 33 days.) Original drug was temazapam. That was October and early Nov.. I felt fine. SO I then increased the rate to .04 from about nov.3 to now . close to 9mg v .Depression increased and morning nausea started.  I work out of my house and can't get going til 11. Feel sick til 11 or 12. Thought yesterday it was getting better,was even feeling positive.  Today sick all day with nausea and general shitty feeling.  One opinion is to reduce taper rate.

Wanted feedback.  Is nausea a side affect of the drug valium or a w/d symptom.  I suffer from depression normally and that increased. Is that also a side effect of valium or w/d . I know there are no set rules but I would like feedback before I reduce taper rate.  Temazapoison was the only benzo I have ever taken.

Thanks

Nausea is absolutely one of the side effects with which I have struggled with over the course of my valium taper.  Sometimes it is strong. Sometimes it is weak. I've tried CBD oil, ginger, you name it. The best thing for me has been Sea Bands, which are cheap little cotton/elastic wristbands with an acupuncture pressure button sewn in. Non intrusive and inexpensive on Amazon.

Hi

Thanks

For me nausea is a withdrawal symptom, and I hate it!  I do cut and hold and I always make sure to hold until the nausea is better before I cut again.  It does improve for me with holding.  If you diminish your taper rate, you won't be going backwards, just slower. No sense suffering more than you have to.