Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Yeah. Mine seem worse for distance but I hear you. Reading is oddly okay still. The distance thing is freaky b/c it makes driving a bit tenuous.

I too have tons of vision issues. Blurry, etc..... before I up dosed I had blackspots in the corners of my vision. The good news (are you laughing yet) is that "temporary blindness" is listed in Ashton's more extensive list of sxs.....which none here (so far?) are experiencing.....It's the "little" things we can be grateful for - but it IS awful and scary. Seriously!

On a side note.....I know that "sxs" means symptoms but can anyone tell me what the acronym actually stands for? (What is the X?)

I too have tons of vision issues. Blurry, etc..... before I up dosed I had blackspots in the corners of my vision. The good news (are you laughing yet) is that "temporary blindness" is listed in Ashton's more extensive list of sxs.....which none here (so far?) are experiencing.....It's the "little" things we can be grateful for - but it IS awful and scary. Seriously!

On a side note.....I know that "sxs" means symptoms but can anyone tell me what the acronym actually stands for? (What is the X?)

I thought sxs stood for "side effects" with the "cts" sounding like an "x". Phonetic abbreviation.

I thought sxs stood for "side effects" with the "cts" sounding like an "x". Phonetic abbreviation.

AHH! THANK YOU! Been racking my tiny, tired brain on this one!!

Panic attack tonight. Not too bad, I'm hanging in there. I HATE this because I never had them before benzos. This is maybe my third during this entire taper so I know I shouldn't complain. Should I expect these to pass after I'm through acute later on? I was the generalized anxiety type, not the panic attack type. That feeling when the panic washes over you is just horrible. :-[

Panic attack tonight. Not too bad, I'm hanging in there. I HATE this because I never had them before benzos. This is maybe my third during this entire taper so I know I shouldn't complain. Should I expect these to pass after I'm through acute later on? I was the generalized anxiety type, not the panic attack type. That feeling when the panic washes over you is just horrible. :-[

My honest guess/hope is that most everything that wasn't there before benzos will most likely disappear.

My honest guess/hope is that most everything that wasn't there before benzos will most likely disappear.

SandP,  I agree with Ed, if you didn't have them pre-benzos, I wouldn't expect you to have them once you are healed.

Phonetically,  its side effex.

But more correctly, the use of one letter followed by X is a standard system of medical short hand.

abx=antibiotics

bx=biopsy

dx=diagnosis, and of course,

rx=prescription

There are many others.

Phonetically,  its side effex.

But more correctly, the use of one letter followed by X is a standard system of medical short hand.

abx=antibiotics

bx=biopsy

dx=diagnosis, and of course,

rx=prescription

There are many others.

Oh wow - I had never thought about that (Rx in particular) - If only I had a brain - I'm certainly not in Kansas ANY. MORE.

Any common NSAID pain reliever will work just fine.  Most folks seem to have the best results with  Tylenol.

That includes Advil, correct?

Any common NSAID pain reliever will work just fine.  Most folks seem to have the best results with  Tylenol.

That includes Advil, correct?

Yup.

Thank you ed and left, that is my hope too! I got through it last night and will keep on persevering! :thumbsup:

S&P

You are such a Rockstar. You are honest about what you're experiencing, but you still remain positive through it. You have given me (and I'm positive many others) so much hope and a new perspective for the rest of our tapers. You have worked so hard and just continued to fight this battle on down and I think you are amazing. I'm firmly convinced that you'll be nearly symptom free by the end, and because you have such an amazing attitude,  you'll hammer right through any tiny thing that pops up. Keep fighting the good fight. You really are an inspiration!

Hi there. Has anyone heard of The Road Back by Jim Harper? It talks of a pre taper That includes supplements and vitamins. Just wondering if anyone has tried this and has it been successful?

Thanks,

hopefulscot.

I have tried the Jim Harper program. I ordered all the supplements. Tried for about 3 months. They did not help me but they didn't hurt either. I've found Suntheanine-L the best supplement but my symptoms are largely nerve oriented--and vision issues---Not sure how helpful this is but I am not sure they do much.

Blue

Thanks Blue. I kinda thought that myself, that he is just trying to sell something. Think I will stick to the Ashton Manual.

All the best,

hopefulscot.

Thank you ed and left, that is my hope too! I got through it last night and will keep on persevering! :thumbsup:

S&P

You are such a Rockstar. You are honest about what you're experiencing, but you still remain positive through it. You have given me (and I'm positive many others) so much hope and a new perspective for the rest of our tapers. You have worked so hard and just continued to fight this battle on down and I think you are amazing. I'm firmly convinced that you'll be nearly symptom free by the end, and because you have such an amazing attitude,  you'll hammer right through any tiny thing that pops up. Keep fighting the good fight. You really are an inspiration!

Just popped in to see how everybody is doing and I saw this and you completely made my night! Thank you.  :smitten:

I'm excited to say that I'm not feeling this cut psychologically at all. I am having heart palpitations and head pain but it's not too scary. I was shocked to realize that I'm already a week into it. We've been busy Christmas shopping and decorating for the holidays. Just focusing on fun stuff and keeping my mind moving forward. I had a couple of panicky moments after that panic attack but I distracted myself and managed to avoid a full blown repeat.

Since I'm just literally dumping a tiny bit of Valium powder into my mouth in the mornings at this point, I don't have to think about it during the rest of the day and I really don't think about it. When I think back to the first half of my taper and how convinced I was that I was having interdose withdrawals, it blows my mind. I think so much of my previous struggles were just me making things unnecessarily worse. I learned that lesson though and I won't go back!

I did have a horrible weekend health wise but not benzo related. I got food poisoning and I was violently ill, (TMI alert) throwing up with such force that I hurt my ribs! I can hardly laugh right now from the pain. It's terrible. But even this has a bright side. Get this. I've been TERRIFIED to throw up ever since my first vertigo attacks five years ago. I had a lot of ear issues and I was afraid throwing up would cause more damage there. Well, it finally happened and BOY did it ever happen. If I survived that with no worsening of my vertigo, I don't have to fear that anymore. Nice to cross that off the list. It was almost worth going through it. Lol.

I'm a little nervous about Thanksgiving just because of my usual social anxiety and I'm hoping no one argues over political stuff, though there are important conversations to be had if we can keep it on a conversation level rather than a shouting match level. But as important as all that is right now, I'm more concerned with my sanity and I'd rather chit chat about TV shows and holiday plans. So sue me! :laugh:

How's everybody? Thanksgiving plans?

Hi SandP! Wow, sorry about the food poisoning. At least it happened over the weekend and not on Thanksgiving. Good to hear you're doing well on you latest cut otherwise. Almost off, wish I was there. I'm at 1.25 and my ears are acting up bad today. Lots of zapping, clicking, ear pressure, wobbliness and my head has been humming bad all day. I really hope this lifts tomorrow, I have to drive out to my dad's for Thanksgiving. It's just me and my dad so no pack of people and noisy house.

SandP,  I agree with Ed, if you didn't have them pre-benzos, I wouldn't expect you to have them once you are healed.

Yes I had not had a panic attack until after benzos now im low in taper I don't have them.  I didn't get them often ..they were terrifying.  Went away as I found right dose and right taper.  Thankful it passes.