Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I have 5 mg valium pill. Cut the 5 mg into 4 pieces. Each piece is now over 1 mg.  Want only 1 mg. So i have weight if 1 mg.  So i use a nail file to fill off extra amount til I get to 1 mg weight on each of 4 pieced

5 mg is the weight of Valium in the pill. That does not account for fillers and binders. To get 1 mg you would weigh the pill then file off the pill until you get 1/5 the total weight of the pill, which would contain approximately 1 mg of V assuming even distribution of drug in the pill. Does this make sense? I just had surgery and am a little druggy so maybe somebody else can explain better if this does not make sense.

Thanks George and Fight,

It is nice to have your doctor's behind you, even if he does roll his eyes and shake his head trying to understand what the hell you are doing.  I think he's impressed I'm serious about doing this.

And I'm off all sleeping pills, Tramadol 100ER 3x's a day, which weren't working anyway.  I might take a sleeping pill tonight just to get some sleep thou.  Taking them every night builds up a tolerance so they stop working, but I haven't taken one for awhile so maybe it will help.  This getting up at 4am is for the birds and tonight we set our clocks back so even thou it's now 9pm, tomorrow it will be 8pm.  So if I'm waking at 4am, it will be 3am.  OUCH!!!

We retired and my H sleeps until 9am and it's nice having the peace and quiet, but 3am is ridiculous.

Kass

Thanks George and Fight,

It is nice to have your doctor's behind you, even if he does roll his eyes and shake his head trying to understand what the hell you are doing.  I think he's impressed I'm serious about doing this.

And I'm off all sleeping pills, Tramadol 100ER 3x's a day, which weren't working anyway.  I might take a sleeping pill tonight just to get some sleep thou.  Taking them every night builds up a tolerance so they stop working, but I haven't taken one for awhile so maybe it will help.  This getting up at 4am is for the birds and tonight we set our clocks back so even thou it's now 9pm, tomorrow it will be 8pm.  So if I'm waking at 4am, it will be 3am.  OUCH!!!

We retired and my H sleeps until 9am and it's nice having the peace and quiet, but 3am is ridiculous.

Kass

Kassidy, that's a big accomplishment getting off the Tramadol, good for you. :thumbsup: Keep on "educating" your doctor, they need to understand and learn the proper way to taper patients off this drug. Left  :smitten:

Thanks George and Fight,

Kass

Hoping you got some rest last night!! - Luckily I slept like a baby AND woke up early enough to have some time to myself before my kids got up......the time change is nice - its the little things these days!

I HATE DST...it messes me up bad...waking up even earlier stinks too.

my symptoms are now at the point that I am barely functioning at all....

This is my 2nd round and I can not give up even though Dr says "stop tapering...we need to treat you for Lyme"

I tested negative and she says its a clinical dx and I "HAVE LYME"  what am I to believe?

do any of you have weird symptoms that do not match up with typical w/d?

Lainey - I just looked at your signature - Could you be tapering too fast now? .5mg is a lot (much higher percentage) as you get to these lower doses??

I only point this out bc I got into trouble that way........so I'm going to slow it down considerably when I start back up......but thats just me and we all have to trust our bodies

I tapered from 10mg Valium at .5mg every month - Started having significant trouble around 7 or 7 1/2 but pushed my self down to 6 and held for 3 months - got better but not well enough (for me - I have young children at home - I have to function for as long as possible through this) - so I updosed to 6.5 and now will slow it down.  My first month of Daily Liquid MT will be at a rate of 4.7% until I've tapered away that .5 and then I will slow it down to 3% of the 6 mg for the following month and then see where I am with sxs

laniek:

What are the weird symptoms that don't match up? I've found almost EVERYTHING is a symptom if you look. But curious as I had some that were and are not the most common for sure.

Blue

I have this too at times

I am positive through igenex

I think this stresses the body so

Something to do w amygdala and HPA axis

Getting off drugs safely is key I think

Hi Valium peeps! Just wondering when you crossed over to V, did you feel groggy and did it eventually wear off. I tried a dose of V instead of Ativan one night but suprisingly didn't sleep well so gave it up for a while.  But have been feeling awful and so tried a dose of V this morning instead of the Ativan and am now feeling groggy-but I think groggy is better than the torture I was feeling. Just wondering if the grogginess wears off and you get used to it or should I maybe go down a little on the V dose.  I took 5 mg of V instead of the 0.5 of Ativan I had been taking.  Thanks for any input.  Also wondering if I should go ahead and take Valium at bedtime instead of Ativan, or only switch one of the two doses at a time.  Before today I was taking 0.5 Ativan twice a day.  I hope this made sense.

Hi AF1

I swapped .5 Ativan to 5mg Valium and held for a week and then swapped the next .5 Ativan.

I was on 2mg Aviva and switched to 20mg Valium.

All my interdose anxiety on Ativan disappeared after the switch.

Felt groggy for about a week then it wore off :)

I searched for this answer and posted it in another BB forum without much success. Since Valium is what I am tapering, maybe I can get my question answered here.  I know there are some allergy meds we should or shouldn't take, but don't remember what they are. I adore cats, but I am allergic to them.  I have to spend a few days at a house with a cat soon so I need to buy allergy pills, Benadryl doesn't work for me.  So can someone please tell me if I should try Claritin, Zyrtec etc or even tell me which one not to take. Or should I call the doc and ask for a RX?  I am already so stressed about taking this trip, I would like not to feel miserable as well. Thank you so much for any advice you could share.  Cross

I searched for this answer and posted it in another BB forum without much success. Since Valium is what I am tapering, maybe I can get my question answered here.  I know there are some allergy meds we should or shouldn't take, but don't remember what they are. I adore cats, but I am allergic to them.  I have to spend a few days at a house with a cat soon so I need to buy allergy pills, Benadryl doesn't work for me.  So can someone please tell me if I should try Claritin, Zyrtec etc or even tell me which one not to take. Or should I call the doc and ask for a RX?  I am already so stressed about taking this trip, I would like not to feel miserable as well. Thank you so much for any advice you could share.  Cross

Cross,

I take zyrtec sometimes and have no issues. I also have taken claritn while tapering with no issues. I would avoid claritin D because the decongestant can be stimulating. Most do fine with antihistamines. You can also use a nettie pot or net bottle. I am mildly allergic to cats and I have one. I hope you have a nice trip!

:smitten:

XO Maya

Crosstheroad: I also take Zrytec without the D. I agree with Maya that the D can rev you up. I took it all through my taper and it did not impact me at all. 

Crosstheroad: I also take Zrytec without the D. I agree with Maya that the D can rev you up. I took it all through my taper and it did not impact me at all.

Agreed Agreed - Probably what others are referring to is Allergy meds. with D - very stimulating

When I have a question about which meds you can mix, I just call CVS or wherever and ask a pharmacist.  I don't think they would know about D revving you up while in benzo w/d though, so thank God for the buddies for questions like that.

Ok, thanks for the allergy meds tips.  I thought I had read on BB that there are certain allergy med ingredients not to take, guess I was wrong.  Cross

Ok, thanks for the allergy meds tips.  I thought I had read on BB that there are certain allergy med ingredients not to take, guess I was wrong.  Cross

If you see it again and find out, let us know!!

Calcium revs me up - Can't take it - apparently its' like gasoline for Glutamate - that's a problem because I have Osteopenia.......sigh