Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Wow, builder, so updosing even just a little can help stabilize?  And then when you reduced after updosing, what prevented the same thing from happening again?  Going slower down? And did you do a microtaper in water?    Thanks.

1)  Well, remember, I had already held for 2 weeks, so my body was recovering (upregulating receptors) during that 2 weeks.  So I was already partially recovered before I did the updose, so a small updose worked fine.  And since it was fine at 3.7 before the sxs hit, that's what I updosed to.  Go back to the last dose you felt good at.  And after I felt good again, I lowered my taper rate from .015/day to .0125/day.

2) My doc gave me a scrip for Rx liquid V.  I took most of my dose from tablets, and the cut portion with liquid, diluted to .1mg per ml.

Is liquid valium from a compounded pharmacy preferred over mixing your own pill with alcohol?

If you mix your own using alcohol or PG as a solvent (or have Rx liquid), you can dilute it to whatever strength  works for you (.1mg/ml, 1mg/ml etc)  Many of the compounded liquids can't be readily diluted, or have limitations on the dilution ratio.  Also, several BBs have had problems with the quality and concentration ratios.

Personally, I would feel much more comfortable with the "homebrew".  IMO, there would be no advantage to a compounded liquid, but several possible problems.  FWIW, if I had not been able to get scrips for Rx liquid, I would definitely would have done the  vodka method.

Tapering diazepam and run into serious withdrawl for about a month now so have been holding.    Having a few more relief windows in the last two days, but still far from stable.  Considering updosing, but not sure so still holding.

Just wondering if anyone can share updosing after holding this long (month or more) and had it help stabalize them.  Were you then able to get back down okay?  So many say never updose and I'm scared about the kindling.  Any expeirence out there with updosing after a long hold and it working?  I'm 56 and got some other health issues as well.

Well, I'm one who disagrees with that philosophy.

Withdrawal sxs occur when you lower your  dose more quickly than the body can adapt. In short, you body needs more of the med to be stable.  So you can 1) wait (hold") until your body adjusts the lower dose (and suffer while you wait), or 2) you can increase the dose.

I had some significant sxs when I was at 3.5mg.  I held for 2 weeks, with no improvement, so I did a small updose to 3.7, and was OK again after about 5 days.

During my 3 unsuccessful attempts to get below 9mg when I was doing C&H, when my sxs were unbearable and unrelenting, each time I went back up to 9mg, and my sxs resolved.

And updosing will NOT cause kindling.

Thank you Builder for your answer.  I have been told repeateldy on the forum to not updose.  Just hold as long as I need to and stabalize.  A few have shared their stories of how they cannot get back down after updosing.  Totally stuck.  I have also been told to cut and see what happens.  But that seems ludicrous since I am not stable.  So nervous about options. 

Tomorrow will be 5 weeks of holding and yes, I can tell that my brain is making adjustments.  My symptoms have now gone from one set to another.  I was in intense agitation, burning, heart palps almost non-stop, head pounding and very lightheaded a lot - only some relief after dosing and sometimes not.  Now I am shifting into bad nausea, depression, anxiety and still very lightheaded.  I am getting a bit of PTSD about what will happen next and if I will get another wave of the intense stuff.  Honestly, I think I was in acute the first 4 weeks.  Can that happen in a taper?  Now I don't know what phase, but still suffering.  Kind of at the point where I can't do much.  Getting dinner on the table is about it and maybe a grocery store run when I have a window.  Lots of bed and couch time.

Anyway, point is that it is the time frame I have been holding that makes me nervous about updosing. Seems my brain has been working hard to stabalize and now I'm going to give it more.  Ashton manual and all about not doing it.  But I completely agree with your point that I'm holding, but really suffering.  Hence, the post.  In hindsight I should have done it sooner, but pdoc and hubby kept saying hold so you don't have to go through this again.  Do you think the long hold matters before updosing?

ANother thing I would like to mention in my tale, before my questions below, is that I've had two really strange experiences.  One before my cut to 1.2 and one before my cut to .8.  Both times I went off a PPI (first Nexium and then prevacid) and had a 3 day updosing each time.  I have no idea why, but it wasn't going on the PPI that did it, it was going off.  I felt like I was on 3x as much and felt totally overly drugged.  So my brain is getting (Oh you've given me way more messages).  The first time I cut to 1.2 and had 3 bad days of withdrawl, but then it stopped and I carried on cutting.  Didn't make the connection to the Nexium and never tapered before so didn't know much about interactions.  The second time, I cut to .8 cause I couldn't stand how much it felt like I was being drugged, but then crashed and burned big time.  And here I am.  Strange updosing from going off a PPI, cutting too fast as a result, and probably starting off lower then equivalent.    I share that because it may very well be part of the reason for my bad withdrawl currently and hesitation to updose again.  My brain feeling like a yo-yo.

Given that would you still think an updose could be in order without problems coming back down?  Can you tell, I'm really worried about coming back down!!  if I try and updose, how do I know what to go up to after such a long hold?  I cut so fast (due to docs recommendation) that I really don't know quite where I was stable prior (probably 1.2 or maybe never, but better than this)  And does all of this withdrawl account for something.  Like maybe a smaller updose at this point to 1.0.  Based on how severe my withdrawl was I'm not sure that would do much, but then again maybe it would cause I'm super sensitive and feel everything.  Then my next question would be, How long before you know the upodse has worked with Diazepam?  And if it doesn't work what do you do?  Updose again?  Once stable, do you hold for a while (2 weeks/month)?

This is maddening and Pdoc knows nothing beyond people who can get off fast with 25% cuts and no withdrawal beyond a month.  So I greatly appreciate your time and answers.  I realize, I ultimatley have to make the decision.  Wish I knew when I started, what I know now.

Thanks again,

Sharkie

Thanks for all of the help. 

@solaceandpeace, congratulations on your 20th anniversary! I hope that you allow youself to enjoy whatever you feel up to doing. We need to be kind to ourselves and remember that we are strong people or we wouldn't be doing this. The past choices are just that. A date is a date. It's for you to enjoy at your current level of ability. Not to please others by bearing up through something you find difficult. Regarding the jaw/teeth situation, I really recommend a bite guard at night. There are different kinds, and not as uncomfortable as you might think. A dentist told me they protect your teeth and gums because grinding (I've been a grinder for years) can be hard on the enamel and even gums. Also you might find less pain in your jaw and/or headaches if you get those. That's been true for me.

Thank you! I haven't even left the house yet since the vertigo started (I've been free of it for two whole days now btw, fingers crossed and knock on wood that it stays gone!) so maybe I am being a little ambitious. I keep picturing it though and it sounds so nice. I think I will just wait and decide on the day. The other option is to watch romantic movies together and order takeout from our favorite local restaurant. Somehow that feels not good enough for a 20th anniversary, but hey, it's what we do most of the time anyway! Lol. I will make it a nice and enjoyable day/night no matter what. And I've taken the day off so that's a bonus!

I've been thinking about a night guard, thank you for the info! I've never had this issue before though with the jaw tightness, so I'm hoping the TMJ type situation is just during WDs and that it'll pass. But I'm overdue to see the dentist so it's something I'll be having checked soon enough. My mom does have TMJ so it might just be in the cards for me.

Just wondering if anyone can share updosing after holding this long (month or more) and had it help stabalize them.  Were you then able to get back down okay?  So many say never updose and I'm scared about the kindling.  Any expeirence out there with updosing after a long hold and it working?  I'm 56 and got some other health issues as well.

If you look at the failed Ativan taper portion of my signature, that part that was total chaos was after an updose. I was hospitalized for a couple of days for emergency surgery and they would not cut my Ativan into quarters as I was doing, so I had to updose by a quarter of a tablet. Then they gave me a dose of Valium before the surgery. I went right back down when I got home and before long I was having derealization and depersonalization. Worst days of my life. Then I crossed over to Valium and the rest is history.

I don't really have advice because everyone is different, but for me personally, I'd never updose again. I would absolutely hold for however long was necessary even though I haven't done that yet and I pray I won't have to. It's also worth noting that a cut sometimes relieves the symptoms that are plaguing you. My symptoms are a brand new set at every cut, without fail, and sometimes knowing that I'm about to shift to a new set of symptoms is enough of a relief for me. Of course sometimes they're worse! :crazy: But everything eventually passes or changes.

Your doctor sounds a lot like mine. I'm sorry you had to go through that. My old doc basically did abandon me right at the time I posted about above. This new one is super positive and supportive but he firmly believes that you can taper relatively quickly and that WD never lasts more than 30 days. He told me that I'd need to see a psychiatrist if I ran into problems with my taper and I don't exactly blame him because they really are watching the docs close with benzos nowadays and its not really a primary doc's place to be overseeing a taper. He basically did me a favor by continuing to prescribe what my previous doctor put me on without sending me to a pdoc to get it. But he motivated me to get off of it and to be more brave than I'd have been otherwise. I actually thanked him for pushing me to go a little faster than I'd planned. If it had backfired on me, it would have been a different story, but it turned out he was right.

I went off on a tangent there which I will blame on my benzo brain. My point was just to share my experience with updosing and to say I'm so sorry that you went through that with your doctor. It's a tough decision to make but in any case, take extra good care of yourself and don't be hard on yourself about any of this. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get there or how difficult it is, because eventually we'll be free of it all and these times will be just a memory. :thumbsup:

Hi S&P.

Thanks for your reply.  That was my thinking too.  Holding now 5 weeks tomorrow.  Never thought it would take this long to even out.  But symptoms are debilitating so considering an updose to stabalize.  I posted more elsewhere to Builders reply if you care to read.  But I mostly wanted to thank you for your empathy and understanding and sharing your doctor's story too.  Hard to believe after 35 years of practice that she's never had a patient struggle to taper before me. Anyway, kind words and support go far when one is on this journey.  So thanks much.  And congrats on how low you have gotten!  You will be free soon.

Sharkie :smitten:

I recognize the prejudice here against updosing, but honestly, I don't understand it.  And for those you believe in long holds as a remedy for your sxs, if that's what you choose, that's OK.

But once again, here's the logic.

1)  Withdrawal sxs and discomfort are the result of the the benzo doses/levels dropping faster than the body can adjust.  There is an imbalance between the amount of benzo in the body compared to the amount the body needs to be in equilibrium.

2)  If you wait long enough, the body will eventually "catch up".  There will be enough upregulation to bring things back into balance.  The downside of course is you'll probably be pretty miserable while you're waiting.

3)  The other alternative is to increase the dose/med level to more nearly match the body's current  needs.  Basically that means go back to a dose you felt OK at.  Then once you have leveled out, restart your taper at a slower rate.

When I started my microtaper, I had 2 objectives:  1)  Get off of diazepam, and 2) minimize my  discomfort while doing it.  Given the 3 points I listed, the option for minimum discomfort  seems pretty obvious.

FWIW, I only had to updose once. And if I had done it sooner, rather than waiting (and suffering) 2 weeks, I probably would have been able to restart my taper sooner.

Hi

I guess I have a similar question

I am at 1.02 mg of Valium

I am getting hit w insomnia this week - can't fall asleep until 3am

Should I try another drug or updose? One week ago I was ok. Now last several nights were bad but also had life circumstances different bc my husband was away at working and taking care of kids. Too much. Going to hold at 1mg. At what point is an updose necessary? Or wise? This is my 3 try. I cannot fail again. But I am afraid I have done the damage on my Cns and habe underlying health issues. What would you suggest?

Primary symtpoms: PVC heart palp, burning, lack of sleep, anxiety of course but not off the charts. I feel manic. This morning was ok. No history of mania. And not exactly manic bc mania you tend to be grandiose and happy- for me it's just up Up up with no down switch. Thank you builder

Sharpie, thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate it.

This whole discussion has made me realize that what I've been referring to as an updose probably doesn't qualify as one. I think I was only on that increased dose for maybe three or four days at maximum (maybe not even that long, I was only in the hospital for two days but I can't remember if I went back to my original dose immediately upon returning home) and I certainly never stabilized on it.

I think I will refrain from sharing my "experience" with updosing because it wasn't quite that! An increased dose for a few days is more accurate. My mistake!

Jackson1, for what it's worth, I've been taking melatonin for sleep during my entire taper and I also take a Benadryl occasionally if I need it. Mostly because I know I'll have less muscle tension in the morning if I do, but it definitely knocks me out for sleep as a bonus.

Ed and Hope, thank you too!

Builder - I think you said that you used Remeron during your taper - Can you share what dose you were taking and any side effects? I'm looking for help with sleep and anxiety - Also - i read it can cause weight gain which I desperately NEED - after my last taper I lost an enormous amount of weight very quickly - I simply can't afford that again and I've only regained 10 of the lbs I lost last time.......

Sharkie - I just updosed and it has helped immensely with my symptoms - I had been holding for 3 months and gave up - updosed bc I couldnt get stable -  however I can't speak to what the rest of my taper will look like - I'm still holding while I work through some thyroid issues - My thyroid symptoms look very much like my Benzo sxs - so it's imperative that I get that dealt with before moving forward in my taper - so I'm better able to tease out what's what.......

All: So when I start my liquid taper - my plan and dr.'s plan is to do the RX Liquid Valium - am I correct that I will then dilute the liquid? I believe 5ML = 5MG - So I'm assuming I'll HAVE to dilute - but how? with what? I'm still not clear on what the difference would be between a liquid RX Valium and a compounded liquid valium? Can someone explain? I think Builder said liquid compounded is sub par in comparison to RX - trying to understand why and how

and obviously if the RX Liquid doesn't sit well with me - I'll have to move to home-brew

Thanks to all.......

Builder - I think you said that you used Remeron during your taper - Can you share what dose you were taking and any side effects? I'm looking for help with sleep and anxiety - Also - i read it can cause weight gain which I desperately NEED - after my last taper I lost an enormous amount  weight very quickly - I simply can't afford that again and I've only regained 10 of the lbs I lost last time.......

Thanks to all.......

I started on Remeron when I became full tolerant to diazepam and was unwilling to increase my diazepam dose.  I took 30mg/day remeron for about 3 years (IMO, it literally saved my life).  I never gained any weight, although it clearly did stimulate my appetite. (I was just very careful not eat too much, or eat the  wrong things).  The only side effects was dry mouth, so I used a special mouthwash my dentist recommended.

After the 3 years on remeron, I felt my anxiety had resolved, and I stopped the remeron.  I did a 2 week taper, then stopped.  No withdrawal sxs at all.

After I was off of remeron, I started my daily microtaper off of diazepam.  Because it is such an effective sleep aid at lower doses, I occasionally (maybe once every 10 days) took a small dose (7.5mg, or even 3.75mg) for sleep.

"All: So when I start my liquid taper - my plan and dr.'s plan is to do the RX Liquid Valium - am I correct that I will then dilute the liquid? I believe 5ML = 5MG - So I'm assuming I'll HAVE to dilute - but how? with what? I'm still not clear on what the difference would be between a liquid RX Valium and a compounded liquid valium? Can someone explain? I think Builder said liquid compounded is sub par in comparison to RX - trying to understand why and how"

Thank you Builder - Can you speak to the above too? I guess I'm confused about what the difference is between a pharmacy compounding a liquid in comparison to  a home-brew? Maybe thats what I'm asking.......if I just get the valium liquid 5mg=5ML - then how do I dilute? and could I not just ask the compounding pharmacy to do exactly that for me (whatever THAT is?)

Am I making sense??

Thanks again

"All: So when I start my liquid taper - my plan and dr.'s plan is to do the RX Liquid Valium - am I correct that I will then dilute the liquid? I believe 5ML = 5MG - So I'm assuming I'll HAVE to dilute - but how? with what? I'm still not clear on what the difference would be between a liquid RX Valium and a compounded liquid valium? Can someone explain? I think Builder said liquid compounded is sub par in comparison to RX - trying to understand why and how"

Thank you Builder - Can you speak to the above too? I guess I'm confused about what the difference is between a pharmacy compounding a liquid in comparison to  a home-brew? Maybe thats what I'm asking.......if I just get the valium liquid 5mg=5ML - then how do I dilute? and could I not just ask the compounding pharmacy to do exactly that for me (whatever THAT is?)

Am I making sense??

Thanks again

1)  Rx liquid is manufactured to very close tolerances to insure uniformity and consistency.  Concentrations and uniformity for Rx liquids  are actually much more tightly controlled than for tablets.  If the concentration is 5mg=5ml, you can be assured  that every ml will actually contain 1mg of benzo.  Rx liquid are either formulated with glycol solvents or alcohol, so they can easily and reliable diluted  works with water (or other liquids) to concentration that works for you (Ex: 1.mg/ml or .01mg/ml, or any other ratio you choose.

2)  Compounded liquids are basically one-off batches that often  have only minimum quality controls, and can vary from batch, with no assurance of purity or consistency.  That is not to say that compounded meds are necessarily poor quality.  The quality depends on the care and skill of the pharmacist.  But the reliability of compounded meds are definitely not equal to the standards of Rx liquids.  Also, from what I see here, most compounded benzos are either compounded with oils, or suspension agents.  That means they are suspensions, not solutions, and either cannot be diluted, or can only be partially diluted.

3) "Homebrew" is almost always either a glycol (PG) solvent, or alcohol (vodka), either of which can be extensively diluted, and create a true even distributed solution.,  The home brewer of course determines the quality, so if you care about your taper, I would expect the home brewed liquid to be pretty top quality.  Since the tablets you are starting with are not 100% consistent, your home brew will likely not match Rx liquid grade, but it can easily be just as reliable as the tablets your using.  (The small variations in tablets are not really going to cause any problems, whether your just taking the tablets, or liquifying them.

To dilute your Rx 5mg=5ml liquid, just mix it with water.  Remember, 5ml=5mg is the same as 1mg=1ml.  So if you want to end up with 1mg=10ml, just add 9ml of water for each 1ml if the Rx liquid.  If you want 1mg=100ml, then add 99ml water for each 1ml of Rx liquid.

Its not really any more complicated than making a batch of orange juice from a can of frozen concentrate.

Builder - Thank you so much - I can actually understand this now.......I have more questions - but will move them to the micro-tapering board

THANK YOU!

Hi all, I am new to this support group.  I was withdrawing from Cl. for 8 months and got stalled at 0.5 mg/day.  So, a few weeks ago I switched over to V - took about 4 weeks.  I came in at 8 mg - it was supposed to be 10 mg but once I cut out the Cl. I was at 8 mg and decided to leave it be. 

I am trying to determine where I am at in terms of a therapeutic dose?

1) What is the minimum daily prescribed dose for V - I have scoured the internet for answers and not a one mentions an actual daily dose.  They generally say: 2-10 mg; 4 times daily.  Does this mean the total dose for the lowest prescriptions is 8 mg, or 2 mg?

I realize there are extenuating factors such as length of use, and personal biochemistry, etc., so this may all be meaningless. 

The reason I am asking is that I cant tell if there is any effect at all, or of I am now in a mostly psycholigical realm now.  Even my GP, who is very helpful, though a bit ignorant of the process, thought that the 1 mg of cl (20 mg of V) was a relatively low dose. 

So, is eight mg per day a low dose, or even a therapeutic dose by any normal measure.

Further to the above I have learned that the pediatric dose (up to 4 yrs) maximum is 5 mg per day, and the child dose to 14 maximum is 10 mg per day. 

I am around 4 times larger than a comparable kid. 

Hi all, I am new to this support group.  I was withdrawing from Cl. for 8 months and got stalled at 0.5 mg/day.  So, a few weeks ago I switched over to V - took about 4 weeks.  I came in at 8 mg - it was supposed to be 10 mg but once I cut out the Cl. I was at 8 mg and decided to leave it be. 

1) What is the minimum daily prescribed dose for V - I have scoured the internet for answers and not a one mentions an actual daily dose.  They generally say: 2-10 mg; 4 times daily.  Does this mean the total dose for the lowest prescriptions is 8 mg, or 2 mg?

I realize there are extenuating factors such as length of use, and personal biochemistry, etc., so this may all be meaningless. 

The reason I am asking is that I cant tell if there is any effect at all, or of I am now in a mostly psycholigical realm now.  Even my GP, who is very helpful, though a bit ignorant of the process, thought that the 1 mg of cl (20 mg of V) was a relatively low dose. 

So, is eight mg per day a low dose, or even a therapeutic dose by any normal measure.

2 mg is the lowest prescribed tablet. I weigh 120 lbs and was prescribed 5 mg of Valium every 8 hrs as needed for muscle spasm after a leg surgery a few yrs ago. I would break it in half and take 2.5 mg at night with relief of spasm. This was only for a week or two and before I became tolerant to benzos. I have currently tapered down to 8.5 mg of Valium from 15 mg and the dose is not therapeutic at this point, it only keeps me out of withdrawals.

2 mg is the lowest prescribed tablet. I weigh 120 lbs and was prescribed 5 mg of Valium every 8 hrs as needed for muscle spasm after a leg surgery a few yrs ago. I would break it in half and take 2.5 mg at night with relief of spasm. This was only for a week or two and before I became tolerant to benzos. I have currently tapered down to 8.5 mg of Valium from 15 mg and the dose is not therapeutic at this point, it only keeps me out of withdrawals.

Good point.  Therapeutic dose is usually not a relevant concept in tapering and withdrawal.

A therapeutic dose is an amount that potentiates GABA response, and  increases the bodys output of "feel good chemicals" to relieve anxiety and promote a feeling of well being.  But one of the hallmarks of benzos is the body becomes tolerant, and the therapeutic effect declines, then disappears completely.  By the time most folks decide to withdraw, they have long since lost any therapeutic effect.

But...the body still continues to need  some dose level to avoid or minimize withdrawal sxs.

I just wanted to pop in and write a quick update. My cut to 1 mg was a little rough in the first couple of days but has been quite smooth since then. I am hot and sweaty, alternating with cold and sweaty, but that's the only symptom I'm really dealing with right now! It's annoying for sure, but I can handle it!

My anxiety has definitely increased, but I think it's just natural anxiety returning. It's not panic attack level anxiety at all. I still haven't left the house since my vertigo attacks except for a few walks around the neighborhood. Not necessarily a big deal because I work from home and my partner has been doing the grocery shopping, so I AM busy and active, just not out and about in the world, you know? And I'm on my feet all day since I work at a standing desk. But I do feel really anxious about actually getting back in the car and driving. I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be able to go out to dinner on Wednesday for our 20th anniversary. I really, really want to. I hope I can do it!

We did have company over on Saturday night and it was so fun! We honestly haven't had anyone over in a couple of years. We'd let our house get quite cluttered and we let that be an awful excuse to not invite anyone over. My partner's sister and her husband came over to carve pumpkins with us for Halloween, and we had the best time. We watched some funny TV shows and had a great dinner. It felt like old times and I had ZERO anxiety the whole time. I did have some rebound anxiety the next day, which is typical for me after anything social. But not bad.

I'm still working full days and even taking on some creative projects around the house that I had been putting off. Oh, and switching to one dose daily instead of two has been really freeing! I thought it would scare the hell out of me but it was a total non-event. I'm so ready to have ZERO doses per day! :thumbsup:

I'm of course worried about the vertigo returning as I cut lower, but overall I have a really good feeling about everything and I feel like I can handle whatever comes. The only thing I REALLY don't want to have to deal with is any type of medical procedure or dental procedure, so I'm avoiding both until the benzos are out of my system. I hope destiny/fate/etc is with me on that one, because the emergency appendectomy during my Ativan taper was a major wrench in the gears of that whole process. Hell, I'd have been off by now if that wouldn't have happened!

But anyway, just wanted to let you all know that things are still going well here! This has felt like such a long process, but when I look back on it, it was pretty quick! I'm still super glad that I heeded your advice to slow down, and I know I will literally be dumping powder into my mouth for that last 0.25 mg dose (I mean, even the best pill cutter can't handle cutting a quarter of a Valium tablet in half without crushing it!), but I think it'll make things easier on me and I'm actually feeling anticipation about getting to that point. I've been a scaredy cat all my life and you guys have really helped me to be brave with something that completely terrified me. Especially considering the fact that health anxiety is what brought me to benzos to begin with!

So THANK YOU. :smitten: Wishing you all the strength you've given me!

Dear SandP,

Congrats!  Enjoy your 20th Anniversary as you should....something truly special. I'm so glad that there is a good chance that you'll be able to partake.

All the best,

Ed

So, basically I am taking it now to minimize withdrawal effects, and not much other reason.  Not sure if this should embolden me with confidence or scare the beejeebers out of me. 

I got my GP to prescribe 2 mg tabs.  It seems not many use a dose this low.  I am the only person asking for 2 mg tabs at a very busy local pharmacy.  They had to order in a bottle just for me.  Kind of special in sick sort of way.    :P

Almost everbody that's using pills to taper uses 2mg tablets.  The smaller dose tablets make it easier to do small cuts.  You can cut them in half, so you can do 1mg cuts, or some folks even cut them into quarters and do .5mg cuts.

According to your siggy, your actual dose is 10mg.

So, basically I am taking it now to minimize withdrawal effects, and not much other reason.  Not sure if this should embolden me with confidence or scare the beejeebers out of me. 

I got my GP to prescribe 2 mg tabs.  It seems not many use a dose this low.  I am the only person asking for 2 mg tabs at a very busy local pharmacy.  They had to order in a bottle just for me.  Kind of special in sick sort of way.    :P

My doctor prescribes 2mg pills to make it easier to taper so I get 180 2mg pills every month. My current dose is 10mg so you're not alone in using only 2mg pills. The pharmacy does have to scramble to find that many lol. It was my doctor's idea to do it this way.  :)--V