Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Arcade you sound similar to me. I'm just about 4 months off. The first 2 months were extremely hard as I didn't see much improvement. Now when I'm busy and distracted I barely notice my sfxs. But when i'm alone its still hard. That's the final part to clear up.

Thanks ed. Hows the taper going my friend? How are the sfx?

I'm on Day 6 of my hold right now. Well, I cut a tiny bit tonight (.01mg), but pretty much a hold going forward for a few more days. Tonight was the first day in 6 days I've felt human.  Hoping to see progress soon.  I'm undecided if I'll continue to MT or I'll cut and hold once I stabilize. Seems like they each have their drawbacks and I keep vacillating between them. Whatever it takes to get down though, right?

I appreciate you asking about me. It means a lot.

Best,

Ed

Do whatever you can to get to 0. The last 2mg were friggen brutal for me. No respite at all for about 4 months straight. Just the way it seems to go for some people. Before that 2mg, I was 100% stable.

Yikes, I'm at exactly 2mg right now. So far it just feels like any other cut, but I'm getting worried about the rest of the way down since several people seem to have a hard time with the last bit.

Arcade79, your signature shows you took a year to go from 2mg to 0. Was that how you planned it, or did you have to slow down a lot due to bad sxs? Were you doing a daily MT or cut & hold?

Yikes, I'm at exactly 2mg right now. So far it just feels like any other cut, but I'm getting worried about the rest of the way down since several people seem to have a hard time with the last bit.

Arcade79, your signature shows you took a year to go from 2mg to 0. Was that how you planned it, or did you have to slow down a lot due to bad sxs? Were you doing a daily MT or cut & hold?

Youll be fine! I tried an SSRI just before I started tapering the last 2mg and it revved me up and set my system off badly. Swear I would have been fine if that hadnt have happened. Oh well. Who's to really know?

Thanks, Shamo. I've been on several ADs in the past and I didn't  tolerate them well either. At least I haven't taken any during my taper and I'm not going to.

I had to slow because my sxs were getting worse and I am super sensitive to meds.

I have decided on a micro taper plan. I would like feedback... This is for 10 mg of valium. Temazapam was the only benzo I  have taken but usage was many years.

This would be phase 1, at higher doses:

I want to take 1/2 dose 5mg dry and drop other 1/2 (5mg) mixed with 80 proof vodka and water. I really am used to the spread sheet provided. (used in crossover and it is comforting to me) So this is what I've come up with; I welcome any feedback, If this is too fast, slow ect. What holds should I incorporate?

200 ML of water 2 Ml increments, .05 daily drop. .50% daily drop with a 6.53% 2 week drop. 20 days to drop a mg (This is only for 10 to 9 to see how it goes)  If you think this rate is too fast and  will cause problems let me know please . In researching obsessively for the last 30 days, this microtaper process seems so much smoother than "cut and hold (suffer)". 

I have decided on a micro taper plan. I would like feedback... This is for 10 mg of valium. Temazapam was the only benzo I  have taken but usage was many years.

This would be phase 1, at higher doses:

I want to take 1/2 dose 5mg dry and drop other 1/2 (5mg) mixed with 80 proof vodka and water. I really am used to the spread sheet provided. (used in crossover and it is comforting to me) So this is what I've come up with; I welcome any feedback, If this is too fast, slow ect. What holds should I incorporate?

200 ML of water 2 Ml increments, .05 daily drop. .50% daily drop with a 6.53% 2 week drop. 20 days to drop a mg (This is only for 10 to 9 to see how it goes)  If you think this rate is too fast and  will cause problems let me know please . In researching obsessively for the last 30 days, this microtaper process seems so much smoother than "cut and hold (suffer)".

If it were me, I'd start out with a slow conservative rate. Say .025 per day for a couple of weeks.  That's .25 every 10 days. If you do fine, try .03 which is 1mg a month and increase until you feel sxs creeping up. Then drop back to the rate just prior to that until you find the rate that works best and keeps your sxs minimal. I'm about where you are in mg and use a .025 rate  I could probably do more but want to stay as functional as possible. Good luck!  I actually prefer the MT over the c/h.  :)--V

Thank you for the response Valley Um,

I use the water titration spreadsheet. Do you think that works ok for valium microtaper. Somehow the spreadsheet is comforting to me.    How are you calculating things?

Thank you for the response Valley Um,

I use the water titration spreadsheet. Do you think that works ok for valium microtaper. Somehow the spreadsheet is comforting to me.    How are you calculating things?

Hi Magnolis. I don't use a spreadsheet. I just jot my cuts in a calendar.  I dilute using a 10:1 liquid to Valium solution using a 10ml syringe and put it in a glass bottle. For example I dissolve 6mg of V with 15ml of propylene glycol and 45ml of water for a total of 60ml. Each ml contains .1mg of V. I just use the 10ml syringe and a 1ml syringe to make the cuts. It's pretty easy once you get used to it. For example, if 10ml=1mg of V for the cut dose, I just pull up to 9ml mark on the 10ml syringe and then pull up to the 7.5ml on the 1ml which comes out to .025ml. The rest I take in dry pill form. The next day I would do the same thing only I would only pull up to the 5 mark on the 1ml syringe. You get the idea. The reason I chose this way is so I don't waste any V by tossing every day. Hope that makes sense.  :)--V

Magnolia, your plan sounds good to me but I was the speed demon doing my doctor-dictated taper at 1 mg every two weeks. I think Valley Um's suggestion is very wise if you are willing to go a little slower. But you probably could pull off that rate until 5 mg or even 2 mg. That's where you're really wise to slow it down. I've slowed it down and I'm glad I did. It's tough enough as it is. Might as well go a little easier on yourself if you can.

An update on my journey... I'm two or three nights into this cut and I'm both happy to be free of my nighttime dose and also a bit uncomfortable and on edge. I'm still having slight vertigo upon sitting up from a lying position and vice versa. It's so mild compared to the nightmarish spinning I suffered years ago that I'm handling it quite well, but at the same time I feel depressed that it's happening at all and saddened by all the things I've missed this month out of fear. I haven't left the house in a few weeks except for last night when I finally took a short walk around the neighborhood. I'm working full days though (I work from home) so it's not like life has completely stopped. I'm just afraid again and it's unsettling.

My main symptoms this cut and last have been the shakes, sweating, headaches, and muscle pain. Not too bad so far though and tonight I seem to have had a break from all of it. Last night was rough. A lot of emotional crying, some panic, some dizziness that was all in my head and caused by the panic... once I realized it was my own doing, I managed to relax and let it go. But wow, did I ever cry and complain a lot. Lol.

But you know, it's still just bad moments. Never bad days. I keep wondering, will things continue to be this easy the rest of the way down? Or will it all hit me like a ton of bricks? I'm quite terrified of the final jump. I know I shouldn't be thinking ahead but it's so close! End of November. I can see that I'm having an emotional time letting go already. I have a feeling I'm going to make it tougher on myself than it needs to be.

Just my thoughts tonight. How's everybody doing? :hug:

Magnolia, your plan sounds good to me but I was the speed demon doing my doctor-dictated taper at 1 mg every two weeks. I think Valley Um's suggestion is very wise if you are willing to go a little slower. But you probably could pull off that rate until 5 mg or even 2 mg. That's where you're really wise to slow it down. I've slowed it down and I'm glad I did. It's tough enough as it is. Might as well go a little easier on yourself if you can.

An update on my journey... I'm two or three nights into this cut and I'm both happy to be free of my nighttime dose and also a bit uncomfortable and on edge. I'm still having slight vertigo upon sitting up from a lying position and vice versa. It's so mild compared to the nightmarish spinning I suffered years ago that I'm handling it quite well, but at the same time I feel depressed that it's happening at all and saddened by all the things I've missed this month out of fear. I haven't left the house in a few weeks except for last night when I finally took a short walk around the neighborhood. I'm working full days though (I work from home) so it's not like life has completely stopped. I'm just afraid again and it's unsettling.

My main symptoms this cut and last have been the shakes, sweating, headaches, and muscle pain. Not too bad so far though and tonight I seem to have had a break from all of it. Last night was rough. A lot of emotional crying, some panic, some dizziness that was all in my head and caused by the panic... once I realized it was my own doing, I managed to relax and let it go. But wow, did I ever cry and complain a lot. Lol.

But you know, it's still just bad moments. Never bad days. I keep wondering, will things continue to be this easy the rest of the way down? Or will it all hit me like a ton of bricks? I'm quite terrified of the final jump. I know I shouldn't be thinking ahead but it's so close! End of November. I can see that I'm having an emotional time letting go already. I have a feeling I'm going to make it tougher on myself than it needs to be.

SandP,

Just wanted to say I'm really proud of you for getting to where you are in this taper. It seems like only yesterday a new member showed up here with a taper so aggressive that many of us wondered if they could do it.  Well, you're doing it and doing it well. Congratulations!

Best,

Ed

SandP,

Just wanted to say I'm really proud of you for getting to where you are in this taper. It seems like only yesterday a new member showed up here with a taper so aggressive that many of us wondered if they could do it.  Well, you're doing it and doing it well. Congratulations!

Best,

Ed

Oh boy Ed, you've got me crying big ol' crocodile tears over here! Happy tears! That message really made my night. It has been a challenging few weeks and that just put it all into perspective for me. I could not have gotten to where I am without the support of you and everyone here. I'm so grateful. There are no words. Thank you for putting the good into what could have been a lonely and scary journey! This place is a real haven. So necessary. :hug:

Hi SandP, wow you made it to the final milligram! I'm still holding at 2mg for the next few days. I thought this would be an especially hard cut because I felt pretty lousy the first day, but then the next day was much better and so far it just feels like my previous cuts. I think you're doing quite well basically following Ashton's schedule. Speaking of Ashton, I think this quote applies aptly to you right now:

"Getting off the last tablet: Stopping the last few milligrams is often viewed as particularly difficult. This is mainly due to fear of how you will cope without any drug at all. In fact, the final parting is surprisingly easy. People are usually delighted by the new sense of freedom gained. In any case the 1mg or 0.5mg diazepam per day which you are taking at the end of your schedule is having little effect apart from keeping the dependence going. "

I can't wait to follow you into the home stretch!  :thumbsup:

Congrats S&P - you really are doing a terrific job with your taper. I am confident you have fought, clawed, cried, breathed and held on by your toe nails- your way through this, victory is right around the corner!!! Healing is happening :smitten:

Grapejuice and SandP-

Please dont be afraid of the last 2 mg! I was, but I told myself that I healed from all the previous cuts and I would heal from these too. I think at this level the symptoms become less connected to the cuts, its just whatever your body is dealing with as the last bits wash out. You are doing really well.

:thumbsup:

JKS

Just FYI...once iI got below 3mg, I had zero sxs.  Most folks have lost their dependency (have recovered, healed, etc ) before they get to a xero dose.

It is so good to hear that the symptoms do not get worse at the last mg. stages. I do feel better since getting down to 4 mg and am almost at 3 mg now. I am minus 27 mg and I do feel so much better since below 10 mg. Healing has been happening. I will continue to cut .25 mg or smaller cuts to the end. I am measuring with a gram scales. It is going well. :thumbsup: I feel the end is in sight now. The habit or dependency is much less.  Thanks for the support and the boost with this information Builder and other buddies here.

I started on this thread and may just finish on it. :smitten: :smitten:

Love and healing to all,

Moya XXX

I am at 1mg right now.

Will go real slow like 120 days down

I wouldn't say I have no symptoms

Last go around I was functional at 1mg and completely insane at .5 but it was a six week taper not a 12 month one

I pray that will make a difference

For those that didn't fry their system I think you step off ok

I worry about those like me that fried while cold turkey and fast tapering stupidly

So... I asked Baylissa about who hits acute and who doesn't

Why does one person hit acute and others don't? I am trying to get lower very very slowly like Diaz Pam did she did 10 mos from 1mg but was healed at the end and that is really all that matters

Also I am on remeron. Will stay on it bc without it I wouldn't be eating or sleeping

Praying

Just FYI...once iI got below 3mg, I had zero sxs. Most folks have lost their dependency (have recovered, healed, etc ) before they get to a xero dose.

This should be on every thread there is. Love it!  :thumbsup: BTW Builder did you have physical or emotional "reasons" for initially taking benzos? For me it was supposedly physical. I say it that way because other that a short course for alcohol detox, I feel there is NO reason to Rx a benzo. I ask because some people have anxiety or other emotional sx before benzos, so maybe it's harder for them when they are tapering. Thanks, HM

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [De...]
    • [El...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [TH...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [He...]
    • [ha...]
    • [On...]