Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Magnolia,  Don't get upset, we are here for you.  I see what the confusion is, it wasn't clear to me either.  Builder is saying to make up a whole big batch for 10 days of the liquid and taper from that but at the same time you are taking the rest of your daily dose in pills.  Do you see it now?  I will probably do milk so I can't make it up that far in advance.  No, Lainey, I am just thinking out loud for the future although I have to make a decision one way or the other soon.  Burning is horrendous and the thought of trying to taper further at this point for me is too scary.  Will see.  I could not cut like you do, I got slammed at .50 when I was at 14 mg.  :D

Hi free! Are you still holding? I know you've had a rough time. Thoughts and prayers are with you.  :)--V

MAGNOLIS

I know the feeling....I think there are some people on the board who never had/have the cognition deficits that some of us do experience (I myself have such serious cog fog - I liken it to a 40 pt drop in IQ) - I'm trying to stabilize right now on 6.5 mg Valium before moving to a daily micro taper and I myself am struggling with the math and mechanics of it - terrified (and confused) - I'm college educated and married to a math whiz - still I can't wrap my foggy brain around the numbers - or how to break my liquid dose up in 2 parts daily if I want to do it that way - But I think some here either never had the fog or have forgotten the fog - but obviously want to help.......or they wouldnt still be here -

I saw your signature about the MTHFR mutation - I too have it and I too tried the methylated B vitamins - disaster - You can PM me if you want to talk more about that......

Good luck - you're a little bit ahead of me bc I'm holding for now -

Happy Sunday to all.........(it is Sunday, correct??  :-[)

I don't know how you guys figure your own liquids. I just get a liquid diazepam from a pharmacy: 1 ml. equals 1 mg. And I use it to taper down, along with pills, reducing the pills by .5 mg. and filling in with liquid until I get down .5 mg. and then starting over. It's much easier than doing all the math. The liquid costs $45 for a two-month supply, so maybe cost is an issue for some. Whatever works for you.

Love to all,

MirandaJane

I don't know how you guys figure your own liquids. I just get a liquid diazepam from a pharmacy: 1 ml. equals 1 mg. And I use it to taper down, along with pills, reducing the pills by .5 mg. and filling in with liquid until I get down .5 mg. and then starting over. It's much easier than doing all the math. The liquid costs $45 for a two-month supply, so maybe cost is an issue for some. Whatever works for you.

Love to all,

MirandaJane

:thumbsup:

I have been following your posts for inspiration.  I have NO doubt you will pull trough this soon and continue to be a source of inspiration for the rest of us.

Magnolis, thank you for this. It's day eight, always a rough one, and indeed it is rough this time. Mostly just the shakes but it's such a deep in the gut shaky sensation that it gets my anxiety riled up. I'm so glad I heeded the advice to slow down because I can't imagine what it would have been like to tackle a 1 mg cut after the vertigo attacks last week! My body is obviously working hard to try to adapt but it's been a lot. It could be worse. I'm trying hard to keep it in perspective.

About your frustration with the liquid MT info, I understand completely. I originally planned to do a daily MT the whole way, and I finally somewhat wrapped my head around it, but then I felt like my confusion or benzo brain (which has improved dramatically by the way, so look forward to that!) was just too much and I decided to keep it super simple with cut and hold. I hate trying to cut the pills into quarters but I think it's the best way for me. It's worked well enough so far.

Just make sure you're confident in your understanding of everything before you start on any method. You're going to be just fine. Especially since you seem to always try to look on the bright side. It sounds corny but it really does help! At the end of the day, we all survive this and it's just temporary. That's what I keep telling myself! :)

Day 8 wasn't as terrible as I anticipated, symptom wise anyway. Just very shaky. But I took my frustrations out in the form of an argument with my partner. One of those roundabout arguments that never gets resolved. I assume everybody who has been together for 20 years has those types of arguments from time to time.

The trouble is that I was justly upset with another family member and my anger spilled out at my partner instead. It went badly and I spent a good long while crying, which of course exacerbated my head symptoms. Tinnitus and headache. I'm back to normal now, we made up, and we've had a nice night.

I think it's been hard on everyone around me because I have moments where I feel so good and then moments where I'm just freaking out. It's been lots of ups and downs over the last two cuts. I feel I'm handling it pretty well but it must be tough on them. At least they're all sticking by me.

I've got to get a little better handle on my emotions. I don't want to destroy my relationships over these stupid benzos! Whew. I guess I really am in the home stretch if it's getting this tough. I'm returning to half work days on Monday and I know I'll be stressed about it. Gotta make sure that stress doesn't come out in the form of more arguments. Gotta be strong. Meditate on it, feel it, deal with it.

Wish me luck with this week and the upcoming cut this weekend! Sending strength and comfort to all of you too!

Hi all wanted to jump in (more like stumble in because I am so dizzy) to say I am as of tomorrow at 4.5mgs V

started at 12.5mgs in Dec.2015  with long hold 5months that was a fruitless act.

I wish I could go as fast as Solace...but  I am so sick with either MAV (vestibular/migraine associated vertigo) and possible Lyme...so I can never tell what is causing what. All I do know is getting this crap out of me will take one less thing off the table for possible causes

friends who have been successful have doe the MT...I may go that route once I get to 4mg...my morning anxiety is so bad I practically am crawling up the walls.  Then rest of day I am off balanced...and a whacked out head feeling that I can not even describe.

Hi all, I've been holding for a cold which lasted nearly a month. Tonight I'll start again. I wish my liquid was as inexpensive as MirandaJane posted: I pay $67 to $97 for 30 ml. So I use my pills as well.

@magnolis: I understand your confusion. Also I read all the posts and as I'm OK now I could understand what the person was trying to tell you but one post was very confusing, combining the liquid and the pill part. For me, I found it got a lot easier when I had the syringe in my hand and I could SEE what I was doing. Ha ha with my eyes blurry especially during the cold, I have to use glasses with a .5 ml syringe.  :laugh: Anyway I'm at just over 10 mg now and I have 10's and 2's so I'll have to get 5's soon. So far so good breaking the pills. You can also use liquid as has been suggested and match the milliliters to the mg pills you put in the liquid. Then you just drop however many ml you want for that day. It really helped me when I finally got that 1 ml=1 mg in my compounded liquid as mentioned. Keeps it simple for me.

@solaceandpeace: glad your eighth day is not so bad. I've been very grateful that the mt works so well for me. I don't want to be expecting a wave at a certain time. Hang in there with the emotions. That cry probably did you a lot of good. Drugs of any kind (mind/mood altering) cause us to not process emotions at the time. So when we cut back or stop, all these emotions come up like a soup, sometimes. I'm in the process of letting my body speak to me instead of trying to figure out what's going on with my mind. Releasing all this stuff, along with the benzo trauma itself...

Hi all wanted to jump in (more like stumble in because I am so dizzy) to say I am as of tomorrow at 4.5mgs V

started at 12.5mgs in Dec.2015  with long hold 5months that was a fruitless act.

I wish I could go as fast as Solace...but  I am so sick with either MAV (vestibular/migraine associated vertigo) and possible Lyme...so I can never tell what is causing what. All I do know is getting this crap out of me will take one less thing off the table for possible causes

friends who have been successful have doe the MT...I may go that route once I get to 4mg...my morning anxiety is so bad I practically am crawling up the walls.  Then rest of day I am off balanced...and a whacked out head feeling that I can not even describe.

Just wanted to say congrats on the milestone and I'm right there with you! Things have gotten tougher at this cut (as predicted, you all are so wise and I'm glad I heeded your advice to slow down!). I'm dealing with the shakes and flu-like symptoms today plus high anxiety and still a bit of vertigo on sitting up from a lying position. But it could be so much worse so I'm trying really hard not to complain. I am blown away by how close to the end I actually am. In a good way and a bad way. It's awesome and terrifying at the same time. I'm sure you feel the same way. This really is the home stretch for us, regardless of speed. We're getting there! :thumbsup:

Hi all, I've been holding for a cold which lasted nearly a month. Tonight I'll start again. I wish my liquid was as inexpensive as MirandaJane posted: I pay $67 to $97 for 30 ml. So I use my pills as well.

@magnolis: I understand your confusion. Also I read all the posts and as I'm OK now I could understand what the person was trying to tell you but one post was very confusing, combining the liquid and the pill part. For me, I found it got a lot easier when I had the syringe in my hand and I could SEE what I was doing. Ha ha with my eyes blurry especially during the cold, I have to use glasses with a .5 ml syringe.  :laugh: Anyway I'm at just over 10 mg now and I have 10's and 2's so I'll have to get 5's soon. So far so good breaking the pills. You can also use liquid as has been suggested and match the milliliters to the mg pills you put in the liquid. Then you just drop however many ml you want for that day. It really helped me when I finally got that 1 ml=1 mg in my compounded liquid as mentioned. Keeps it simple for me.

@solaceandpeace: glad your eighth day is not so bad. I've been very grateful that the mt works so well for me. I don't want to be expecting a wave at a certain time. Hang in there with the emotions. That cry probably did you a lot of good. Drugs of any kind (mind/mood altering) cause us to not process emotions at the time. So when we cut back or stop, all these emotions come up like a soup, sometimes. I'm in the process of letting my body speak to me instead of trying to figure out what's going on with my mind. Releasing all this stuff, along with the benzo trauma itself...

I didn't even think of that! The cry was probably really needed. I'll take that positive spin on it! ;D Thanks for giving me another way of looking at it.

I cannot believe it's time for another cut this weekend. I'm nervous but I think I'll be ready by then. I think. Lol  :o

I AM CELEBRATING FOR YOU AND WITH YOU. THAT IS A HUGE MILESTONE! :smitten:

Just to clarify: my pharmacy liquid diazepam is 20 ml. (1 ml equals 1 mg) for $45 and the shelf life is two months. Right now I am using 2 mg. tablets (one at bedtime and one-and-a half later, for a total of 3.5 mg.) and using the liquid to taper (right now at .35 ml.). When I get to 0 on the liquid (tapering .025 per night, with holds twice per week) I will change my pills to two doses of one-and-a-half pills (total 3 mg.) and start the liquid at .475, tapering the liquid. Make sense? I wouldn't use liquid for the total dose - no need to. But WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU !!!

MirandaJane

Just to clarify: my pharmacy liquid diazepam is 20 ml. (1 ml equals 1 mg) for $45 and the shelf life is two months.

Wait. I've never heard this before. Is this true? What happens after two months? This year I was using liquid Valium filled 5 months earlier.

SD I would phone the pharmacy for details. My understanding is that expiration dates/times are made significantly earlier than the actual date to cover the pharmacy's responsibility. Good to know though; I didn't see or read anything on mine. HM

Just to clarify: my pharmacy liquid diazepam is 20 ml. (1 ml equals 1 mg) for $45 and the shelf life is two months.

Wait. I've never heard this before. Is this true? What happens after two months? This year I was using liquid Valium filled 5 months earlier.

The manufacturer's listed shelf life for Roxane 5mg=5ml Diazepam Oral Solution is 3 years from date of manufacture.  Pharmacies usually list the shelf life of prescriptions as 12 month fro date of fill, unless the manufacturer has a shorter shelf life.

FWIW, my Rx liquid diazepam was in the original manufacturer's  packaging (500ml HDPE plastic bottle).  I continued to use the first Rx for 3 months past the manufacturer's date, and there was no noticeable change.

MirandaJane

Is this Roxane Diazepam Oral Solution, or is this a pharmacy-compunded liquid?

Builder - my liquid is pharmacy compounded. I started using it long before I heard of Roxane, and I'm reluctant to change since it is working for me, though Roxane may be cheaper as I've heard it has a longer shelf life, but my pharmacy does not have it.

MirandaJane

Builder - my liquid is pharmacy compounded. I started using it long before I heard of Roxane, and I'm reluctant to change since it is working for me, though Roxane may be cheaper as I've heard it has a longer shelf life, but my pharmacy does not have it.

MirandaJane

If what you're using is working, no reason to change.

I just wanted to clear up the concern about the Roxane shelf life, as your post worried some BBs.

SD I would phone the pharmacy for details. My understanding is that expiration dates/times are made significantly earlier than the actual date to cover the pharmacy's responsibility. Good to know though; I didn't see or read anything on mine. HM

Thanks. That helps.

My 3 month benzo free update thread. I hung out on this thread for awhile so some of you might remember me.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=167215.0

Thanks so much arcade! I hope and expect my taper to go like yours. Love love love that you are in that space where you "don't think about w/d (much) anymore". Mind is sharp, all the things we look forward to. Also I really like the breakdown your sig shows as so many I've seen talk about terrible problems at lower doses. I have to work, p/t for now but would prefer f/t to get my life back, this is really encouraging! Aloha, HM

Thanks all.  The first few weeks really sucked but I knew I had to tough through it and there were no shortcuts.  At this point it's a lot easier compared to tapering.  Although I still have symptoms they're not knocking me on my ass.  More of an annoyance but the intensity is getting lighter.  I am sure at some point it will fade away to the point I won't notice it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Tr...]
    • [fr...]
    • [De...]
    • [Li...]
    • [jo...]
    • [TH...]
    • [He...]
    • [On...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ra...]