Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I would so appreciate a sample spreadsheet with your recommended rate of decrease . Also titration liquid info.  I'm foggy and anxiety filled. There isn't enough info for me to proceed.  I dont fully understand and dont want to screw up.  This method seems to make the most sense. Thank you.

You're making this more complicated than it really is.

10mg -.025=9.975

9.975-.025=9.950

9.950-.025=9.925

etc

Mix 10mg tablets+20ml vodka+ 80 ml water.  Now you have 100ml liquid, .1mg=1ml.

Day 1 9mg dry+ .975mg (9.75ml) liquid

Day 2 9mg dry+ .950mg (9.50ml) liquid

Day 3 9mg dry+ .925mg (9.25ml) liquid

etc

Your dose is dropping .025mg/day.

You can transfer this info to a sheet of ledger paper if you don't know how to create spreadsheets on the computer.

Relax, it really isn't complicated!

So to be clear. I take 9 mg dry pill form and titrate 1 mg with the microtaper.

As builder typed:

"I would start by taking 9mg from tablets and 1mg from liquid for about 10 days, both to stabilize on the valium dose, and to begin to acclimate to liquid."

Good luck to you!

-Ed

It took me such a long time to wrap my head around the liquid taper but once I did it was easy! I mean the taper itself is brutal but.. Micro taper is good

Good luck

Ok. I get it.  No holding just I small continual drop. Thanks!!

If you are doing a safe daily cut, it shouldn't be necessary to hold.  If it becomes necessary, you will know.

So to be clear. I take 9 mg dry pill form and titrate 1 mg with the microtaper.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

See, its not so complicated!  ;)

Interesting you had a bad reaction to b 12

I just took it this am bc I am low on b12

How are you addressing the mthfr?

I am on zinc and vit c right now bc I have a virus

What about you? Any supplements while on Valium taper?

I am holding at 1.15 mg Valium for another couple of days until this virus passes

I Am so fatigued I can barely walk

Is this wOthdrawal or post pneumonia - it is hard to say?

Thanks!!

That experience in June, caused my withdrawal. People get these tests, which reveal Information that we are not trained to treat. I took it upon myself to take a methylated b-12 with lmethyfolated.  And this was a tine dose. I wish I knew how to handle the MTHR but right now, Ill be happy  I make through this this taper without any major issues. The only "supplement"  I will add is CBN and CND, medical cannabis.

I would so appreciate a sample spreadsheet with your recommended rate of decrease . Also titration liquid info.  I'm foggy and anxiety filled. There isn't enough info for me to proceed.  I dont fully understand and dont want to screw up.  This method seems to make the most sense. Thank you.

10mg -.025=9.975

9.975-.025=9.950

9.950-.025=9.925

etc

etc

You can transfer this info to a sheet of ledger paper if you don't know how to create spreadsheets on the computer.

Builder. This looks like you want to put the entire 10mg in liquid.  When you say (9.75ml) liquid. Is that what you mean?

10mg -.025=9.975

9.975-.025=9.950

9.950-.025=9.925

etc

etc

Builder. This looks like you want to put the entire 10mg in liquid.  When you say (9.75ml) liquid. Is that what you mean?

You'll get the hang of it Magnolis. I do it exactly as builder indicates. You have 1mg of V per each 10ml of liquid.  If you pull 9.75ml of liquid, that equals a .025 reduction. The next day you pull 9.5ml and so on. I just use a wall calendar to keep track. Once you get the hang of it, you hardly have to think about it at all. It did take a week or so to get used to tapering this way inititially as it seemed there were constant minor sxs but after that they completely vanished and I have very few if any sxs at all. I do have negative thoughts occasionally but they are easily handled with distraction. Good luck! It really is easier than it seems to you right now.  :)--V

10mg -.025=9.975

9.975-.025=9.950

9.950-.025=9.925

etc

etc

"Mix 10mg tablets+20ml vodka+ 80 ml water.  Now you have 100ml liquid, .1mg=1ml."

So if 1ml=.1mg, then 9.75ml=.975mg  (just move the decimal one place to the left)

9mg tablets+.975mg=9.975 total dose

9mg tablets+.950mg=9.950 total dose

Your reducing .025mg per day.

Your 100ml liquid batch will last about 10 days.

Rough night tonight. I got back to work finally, just for a couple of hours. I work from home at a standing desk as a transcriptionist/captioner. I captioned a really interesting file tonight and really enjoyed it, but when I walked away from the desk for a break, I felt like I couldn't feel my feet and legs and it freaked me out. It's not so crazy after a week of bed rest for my legs to be a little wobbly, and they have been anyway. But still, it kicked my health anxiety into high gear and I just got really frantic.

I'm also losing weight at a pretty fast rate since I lost my appetite earlier in the week. I'm about 65 pounds overweight so that is a GOOD thing, but I've lost about six pounds in a week and I'm having a little bit of gall bladder pain. I have had long term pains in it but nothing super extreme. I've had it checked and they don't see any stones. I think it's just sluggish and I've mostly turned it around with a diet high in beans (it sweeps the cholesterol and bile out and gives pretty much instant relief), but I have slacked off with that in recent months. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't, because if I eat high fat or dairy, I'm in pain, and if I cut my calories and eat "healthy," I'm in pain too. It's not THAT bad, no fever, etc., and I've never had what I would call a REAL gall bladder attack, so I don't really need to freak out about it. But I do anyway. It's just silly of me.

I had myself freaked out enough tonight that I was pretty close to a panic attack and even felt a little derealization. That's the symptom that led me to abandon my first ativan taper and do the crossover to valium. There's nowhere to cross over to now (lol) so I just have to keep it in perspective and know that this is temporary. It's crazy how you can go from having such a great night to feeling so out of sorts. Day eight of this cut is tomorrow, so this isn't completely unexpected. This is always a rough time.

I'm hanging in there. But the last week has been so reminiscent of that tough time with ativan. I hope I am tough enough to make it through all this. I think I'm driving my partner crazy. ::)

I am also not understanding the amounts in the liquid V solution.  If you put all 10 mg. dose into liquid then reducing .025 a day is like a 1/4 mg. cut each day.  Do you mean to say take 9 mg in tablets and liquify the 1 mg in vodka and water.  If not I am completely lost and must be stupid.  Can you explain again or are you sick of it now lol.

I am also not understanding the amounts in the liquid V solution.  If you put all 10 mg. dose into liquid then reducing .025 a day is like a 1/4 mg. cut each day.  Do you mean to say take 9 mg in tablets and liquify the 1 mg in vodka and water.  If not I am completely lost and must be stupid.  Can you explain again or are you sick of it now lol.

One more time...

If you mix 10mg (milligrams) dry valium in 100 ml (milliliters) liquid, then each ml contains .1mg (1/10th of a mg)  Its exactly the same as mixing 1mg in 10ml, its just a bigger supply.  Based on the daily progression I suggested, that's about a 10 day supply.  You only use the liquid for the "cut" portionof the dose...1mg or less.

So then, if you drink 1ml of that solution, you are drinking .1 (1/10th) of a milligram

So...

1ml=.1mg

.975ml=.0975mg

.950ml=.0950mg

.925ml=.0925mg

You'll get the hang of it Magnolis. I do it exactly as builder indicates. You have 1mg of V per each 10ml of liquid.  If you pull 9.75ml of liquid, that equals a .025 reduction. The next day you pull 9.5ml and so on. I just use a wall calendar to keep track. Once you get the hang of it, you hardly have to think about it at all.

I think I see now.  YOu are just mixing up a big solution to last awhile and just use the liquid a 1 mg and cut that and take 9 mg in tabs.  Do I have that right now or am I still crazy.

Free, so you are going to try LT?  I am still C&H until I get to 4 mgs (2months at .25mgs cuts every 2 weeks)  then I am going to MT  To  much for me to make LT  hard enough to do MT

good luck...

my next cut is Tues... will be at 4.75mg

I think I see now.  YOu are just mixing up a big solution to last awhile and just use the liquid a 1 mg and cut that and take 9 mg in tabs. Do I have that right now or am I still crazy.

Your 100ml liquid batch will last about 10 days.

...that's about a 10 day supply.

You could just make a 1mg batch each day, but IMO that's kinda silly.  The vodka/valium liquid will remain stable and does not degrade.  So every 10days-2 weeks or so, you spend about 5-10 minutes preparing your liquid, then you don't have to fuss with it gain for a while.

date=1475938843]

I would so appreciate a sample spreadsheet with your recommended rate of       

10mg -.025=9.975

9.975-.025=9.950

9.950-.025=9.925

etc

Mix 10mg tablets+20ml vodka+ 80 ml water.  Now you have 100ml liquid,

You'll get the hang of it Magnolis. I do it exactly as builder indicates. You have 1mg of V per each 10ml of liquid.  If you pull 9.75ml of liquid, that equals a .025 reduction. The next day you pull 9.5ml and so on. I just use a wall calendar to keep track. Once you get the hang of it, you hardly have to think about it at all. It did take a week or so to get used to tapering this way inititially as it seemed there were constant minor sxs but after that they completely vanished and I have very few if any sxs at all. I do have negative thoughts occasionally but they are easily handled with distraction. Good luck! It really is easier than it seems to you right now.  :)--V

ok. Im feeling Dumb also.  This Post says 10ml of liquid needs to be used. I understand this.

Builder talks about 100ml. ??? 

Rough night tonight. I got back to work finally, just for a couple of hours. I work from home at a standing desk as a transcriptionist/captioner. I captioned a really interesting file tonight and really enjoyed it, but when I walked away from the desk for a break, I felt like I couldn't feel my feet and legs and it freaked me out. It's not so crazy after a week of bed rest for my legs to be a little wobbly, and they have been anyway. But still, it kicked my health anxiety into high gear and I just got really frantic.

I'm also losing weight at a pretty fast rate since I lost my appetite earlier in the week. I'm about 65 pounds overweight so that is a GOOD thing, but I've lost about six pounds in a week and I'm having a little bit of gall bladder pain. I have had long term pains in it but nothing super extreme. I've had it checked and they don't see any stones. I think it's just sluggish and I've mostly turned it around with a diet high in beans (it sweeps the cholesterol and bile out and gives pretty much instant relief), but I have slacked off with that in recent months. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't, because if I eat high fat or dairy, I'm in pain, and if I cut my calories and eat "healthy," I'm in pain too. It's not THAT bad, no fever, etc., and I've never had what I would call a REAL gall bladder attack, so I don't really need to freak out about it. But I do anyway. It's just silly of me.

I had myself freaked out enough tonight that I was pretty close to a panic attack and even felt a little derealization. That's the symptom that led me to abandon my first ativan taper and do the crossover to valium. There's nowhere to cross over to now (lol) so I just have to keep it in perspective and know that this is temporary. It's crazy how you can go from having such a great night to feeling so out of sorts. Day eight of this cut is tomorrow, so this isn't completely unexpected. This is always a rough time.

I'm hanging in there. But the last week has been so reminiscent of that tough time with ativan. I hope I am tough enough to make it through all this. I think I'm driving my partner crazy. ::)

I have been following your posts for inspiration.  I have NO doubt you will pull trough this soon and continue to be a source of inspiration for the rest of us.

This Post says 10ml of liquid needs to be used. I understand this.

Builder talks about 100ml. ??? 

I've already said it at least 3 times...100ml is a 10 day supply.

I suggest a 100 ml batch so you won't have to mix a new batch each day.  You make a batch, and just extract the amount you need each day.  Its just like getting your bottle of tablets and taking out the number of tablets you need.

If you want to make a 1mg/10ml fresh batch each day, you can do that...but that seems silly to me.

Builder

I didn't know you mentioned a 10 day supply.  I see you are very frustrated with me.  You don't need to respond anymore to me. THE LAST thing I need from a support group member is irritation at my questions.

Magnolia,  Don't get upset, we are here for you.  I see what the confusion is, it wasn't clear to me either.  Builder is saying to make up a whole big batch for 10 days of the liquid and taper from that but at the same time you are taking the rest of your daily dose in pills.  Do you see it now?  I will probably do milk so I can't make it up that far in advance.  No, Lainey, I am just thinking out loud for the future although I have to make a decision one way or the other soon.  Burning is horrendous and the thought of trying to taper further at this point for me is too scary.  Will see.  I could not cut like you do, I got slammed at .50 when I was at 14 mg.  :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [De...]
    • [El...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [TH...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [He...]
    • [ha...]
    • [On...]