Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

No problem at all.

My stomach didn't like something about the liquid valium. I ingested it and within minutes felt toxic. Liquid works with some people's systems and doesn't work for other people.  Personally, I feel it's worth a shot because it is the most precise method for tapering in general.

Yes, I did 3 doses per day for quite a while.  I switched up to 2 doses per day for the sake of convenience. It took a few days to stabilize after I did that.  So long as you have the patience to set yourself up 3, 4, or even 5 times per day, there is nothing wrong with that.

Thanks so much!

Vertigo is back. I'm terrified. This brings out my worst anxiety. Please pray for me.

We've got you, SandP.  Just lay back and breathe. You'll get through this. Accept the anxiety and realize it is part of the healing process even if it doesn't feel like it.  Did you make the .5mg cut today?

--Ed

I agree with what someone said earlier about kindling. I think kindling is a technical term that's useful when we're considering reinstating or some other major change, or when someone is paradoxical and considering a faster taper. But it's basically a useless term when we're tapering otherwise, IMO. It doesn't matter if you're kindled or not. You need to get off the medication. You need to do it in a safe way. In some sense what happened in the past is less important. I mean, it's still important, but moving forward is always the goal, regardless of how you got where you are. Thinking of yourself as kindled all the time only brings up more fear.

hey guys, i was wondering how many of us are experiencing bloating, edema, weight gain or fluctuation? How are coping with this or what have found helpful to remedy these issues? thx! :)

Is anyone else experiencing terrible back/Shoulder muscle spasms pain.

Any suggestions for relief of such?

Thanks a bunch.

ATU

Vertigo is back. I'm terrified. This brings out my worst anxiety. Please pray for me.

We've got you, SandP.  Just lay back and breathe. You'll get through this. Accept the anxiety and realize it is part of the healing process even if it doesn't feel like it.  Did you make the .5mg cut today?

--Ed

Yes I did, but the evening after the attack, not before. I should note that vertigo was an issue prior to benzos and the anxiety from it is what led me to start taking benzos. I've had multiple attacks through the night every time I stand up or change positions. I really thought this was over. I'm so disheartened.

Thanks a bunch.

ATU

Hi ATU  :hug: Mines really bad as well but stretching and other things I tried tend to make it worse most of the time :( Hopefully someone else will have some suggestions  :)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi, nova 1,

I have had muscular pains on and off but this is real bad. I tried exercising through it but ad you say it just made it worse. I took some Tylenol with codeine yesterday and although it eased it a bit, it made me feel sick to my stomach.

I scheduled for my first massage on Teusday next,..not sure if this is a good or bad idea but I have to try and find something that works.

Thanks for responding.

P.S.  I'm doing the Epsom salts baths and muscle rub, Aleve, ibuprofen etc.

Cheers:

ATU

So sorry Solace about the vertigo.  Hopefully it will go away quickly.  As for muscle pain, spasm, I am in agony now.  I also have spinal issues and had surgery in January but the pain in hip buttock area is horrendous right now.  This was where I had pain pre surgery and I'm wondering if its my surgery has failed or if its another s/x.  I had a cortisone injection last Tues per the PM Dr.  It had done nothing.  Even my pain medication isn't working on it.  So so stressed between this and the burning.  Kasey, no, I have never had the bloating but I do have gas and constipation badly.  I have no appetite and have lost 45 lbs. now.  Never thought I would lose my ability to eat.  I pray we all get some relief.  This is truly awful and I feel for you all.

For those of you experiencing muscle pain, I've had some success with acupuncture.  Improvement was felt within an hour of my session.

Best,

Ed

Thanks a bunch.

ATU

Muscle pain / spasms are pretty common, unfortunately. In the entire time I've been tapering I've gotten it off and on over the years.

Thanks a bunch.

ATU

Muscle pain / spasms are pretty common, unfortunately. In the entire time I've been tapering I've gotten it off and on over the years.

Yes SD,

Me to but this time it worse,..much worse. I am guessing I made it worse lifting 150 lb. slabs I was redoing my outside BBQ,..actually I hired someone to do this part but he hosed up alone and like a dummy I helped. At 60 I should know better but you know how it is.

I'm sure it will pass.

Thanks for getting back to me.

:thumbsup:

ATU

FREE - thanks for the reply, i am so sorry for your continued suffering!!!

ATU - it sure seems that we injure easily while on benzo's,  tapering & healing. Things one used to be able to do, is so very difficult and once i injure myself it takes longer to heal.

goodness me this 'stuff' affects everything in the body.

Kasey,

Yes! Your right of course we tend to injure easily and heal slow. Then in between hurt and heal is the exaggerated pain.

I know this, yet as I go forward as make this mistake over and over.!  :idiot:

Thanks

:smitten:

ATU

[c5...]

Well said, Kaisey!

How are my fellow travelers today?

I've been slammed on this end with much physical pain since dipping below 4 mg. Looking forward to the other side of this cut. For now, managing much.....

Best to all,

Marija

I'm on the same page.  Even if I drive too much, I begin to get a sore neck that intensifies for a few days after first noticing it. The only cure is not to drive.  >:( I love to drive.

When I cut the grass, my hamstrings are sore for a couple of days.  So odd because back when I began this taper I was walking 3 to 4 miles per day.

Best,

Ed

[c5...]

I'm on the same page.  Even if I drive too much, I begin to get a sore neck that intensifies for a few days after first noticing it. The only cure is not to drive.  >:( I love to drive.

When I cut the grass, my hamstrings are sore for a couple of days.  So odd because back when I began this taper I was walking 3 to 4 miles per day.

Best,

Ed

And, it's not the type of neck tightening that dissipates with a massage:(

So sorry to hear you're  fighting the pain piece, too Ed.

The worse for me is the Paresthesia, notably on the right side of my face....

At the beginning of this I was still playing tennis 3 times a week....not anymore. I'm hoping to still be able to ski with the kids this winter. I've booked a fun getaway but hope Im not being too optimistic. I might just might end up excessively bundled, or not (thermostat waaaay off)  riding  the lifts up and down drinking hot, decaf coffee!!

We'll get there, Ed.  :)

Can't type much because of vertigo but just wanted to send love and strength to all of you. :smitten:

Back at ya SandP

:smitten: :smitten:

ATU

oh SS it is good to hear from you today!

Marija - I think it is great that you have planned a winter trip with the kids -for the kids. I truly believe you will be able to make it and make some great memories. I didn't know how i was going to be able to handle my sons destination wedding.... but it worked out fine. I was not able to do all that I could. The memories and time with all of us together was worth it. keep us updated on those dates and several of us will lift you up...... :smitten:

Ed - I think i got into some MSG last night. Ya know i cleaned out the freezer and thawed out some cooked wings the boys made. I tasted one (ok maybe 3) and it set my brain off all night long. Today is better, phew!!!

oh my stars - if i sit at the computer to long - my neck/shoulders begins to spasm. what in the world.

the really good news is that this too will all be a distant memory for us once we are done with this tapering and healing. WE will certainly know how to empathize with any who are facing medicine and or medical issues.

Have a great day guys :smitten:

Thank you for your usual upbeat message, Kasey. You're always a breath of fresh air for those of us who are going through a rough patch. I'm sure it is appreciated by many more than simply those who vocalize it.  Yeah, MSG, my big enemy. I'll always hold a grudge against YOU, MSG.  :laugh:  I'm glad that you've gotten that junk out of your system and your brain is stabilizing again.

You're absolutely right. I think we've all been taught a new level of empathy as a result of this voyage.

Take care all,

Ed

Thanks a bunch.

ATU

Yes SD,

Me to but this time it worse,..much worse. I am guessing I made it worse lifting 150 lb. slabs I was redoing my outside BBQ,..actually I hired someone to do this part but he hosed up alone and like a dummy I helped. At 60 I should know better but you know how it is.

I'm sure it will pass.

Thanks for getting back to me.

:thumbsup:

ATU

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I was minimizing it or how serious this particular time was. I just know how common it is for me. This week I started getting knee pain. I thought, "Huh, that sucks". A day later I started getting pain in my sciatic nerve. Then my thumbs started hurting. That's when I realized it wasn't anything I had done, but just my muscles deciding to spaz out and putting pressure on my joints. So I'll wait for it to pass like I have in the past.

SD,

Sorry if I came across as if your u were minimizing it. I didn't mean to sound like that.

I have had all sorts of these crazy sxs. Most of the time they can be accepted and just lived with until they pass. I have had everything in the book. Even a week in hospital with a tube in my stomach. Joint and muscle stuff galore. Ocular migraines with loss of vision etc.

I only meant this is a deeper more debilitating pain that I never had before so I thought maybe others have had it.

Your responses are super and I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks again for adding your experience :thumbsup:

ATU