Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Free and Kgirl...getting .25mg on these stinking pills would have me weighing and I am not sure I am up to that either.

at 5 mgs then I am forced to cut smaller anyways

Are you able to get prescriptions for both 2 & 5mg pills? That's how I make my .25mg cuts. I cut a 5mg pill in quarters to get a 1.25, then cut the 2mg pills to make up the rest of my dose. No scale needed.

Hi all, @solaceandpeace: you mentioned sleeping all day. That happens to me sometimes. I suspect the V. It has more sedative properties. Sorry you had/have such nightmares. I only have occasional mild ones. I think that since our nervous systems are at a high arousal state, sometimes the system just has to have a prolonged shut-down to heal. Hoping your wave turns into a window very soon. Thanks for all the follow-up info about the medical cannabis. Sending good thoughts, Charlotte

Major update and major decision. I've decided to heed your warnings and slow down the end of my taper. I've always said that I'd listen to my body and decide when the time comes, and my body is telling me that slower is smarter.

Those who have been following know that my Valium taper has been really easy, especially in comparison to my first failed Ativan taper. Today, symptoms are still mild. I'm still able to work. But I'm slightly dizzy, muscles are tight, stomach is burning, nightmares are haunting me, and my anxiety and agoraphobia are popping back up. I'm also having a strange pain in my temple area, which has been typical for me during this taper, but this is a different kind of pain now and it leaves me with numbness in that area and I feel a little confused after it happens.

I refuse to complain or feel bad about it because I know how many of you are truly suffering here. If I'm still able to get up and get my job done, I figure I'm doing pretty OK. But I'm going to cut by .05 mg every two weeks instead of 1 mg. What's one extra month? I'm a little sad to do this because I was so attached to the idea of taking my very last pill on my birthday. But things have gone so well and I don't want to screw things up by going too fast. I don't want to end up like I did with the Ativan taper.

The fact is, I have bills to pay and I need to make it through the rest of this taper without having to take time off. If slowing it down makes that more likely, it really seems like the wise thing to do.

I'm having difficulty splitting these pills into quarters though and I don't want to do liquid. I ordered a new pill cutter that is supposed to be better, so let's hope it is.

Thank you everyone for your insight and input. It all added up to me being a little more cautious about this and I don't see any reason that I could ever regret that. I'll keep you posted as to how this goes.

SandP,

No one knows your body like you do. We all fully support whatever you decide to do.  Best of luck on your new pace and we'll all be cheering you on.

All the Best,

Ed

Dear solaceandpeace: YAY!!!  :smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup::laugh:

Taking care of our bodies is the most important thing. Hopefully you'll now have an excellent birthday and next year you can celebrate it knowing you did the right thing. There's always Christmas. Or New Year's. Or valentine's day. Or easter. One thing is certain: you'll always celebrate your b-free date. A new special day just for you. Aloha, HM

Hi fellow taperers

I have a autoimmune disease that can't tolerate the RX liquid Roxanne or a glycerine based compounded formula.  I am now trying the milk method.  My problem is when I add a little bit of milk to my 2mg valium pill to see it dissolve it doesn't dissolve completely.  It must be the brand of valium I have.  I am worried it is not completely dissolved even after letting it sit in the milk for hours.  I just tried adding 2mls of 100 proof vodka to the pill and it dissolved very quickly.  My question is can I do this and then add my milk without the vodka compromising the milk potion.

Hi fellow taperers

I have a autoimmune disease that can't tolerate the RX liquid Roxanne or a glycerine based compounded formula.  I am now trying the milk method.  My problem is when I add a little bit of milk to my 2mg valium pill to see it dissolve it doesn't dissolve completely. It must be the brand of valium I have.  I am worried it is not completely dissolved even after letting it sit in the milk for hours.  I just tried adding 2mls of 100 proof vodka to the pill and it dissolved very quickly.  My question is can I do this and then add my milk without the vodka compromising the milk potion.

It is unlikely that that the "pill" will fully dissolve, but the benzo will fully dissolve.

Your 2mg tablet probably actually weighs about 150 mg.  That means only about 1.5% of the pill is actually valium.  The rest is inactive binders, fillers, colorants, and other excipient ingredients.  The valium is definitley soluble, but some of the other ingredients won't be.

Having solid particulates remain in the solution does NOT mean the benzo is not fully dissolved.  Some of those ingredients that dissolve in alcohol may not dissolve in milk.  It really isn't necessary to start the solution with alcohol, but if it makes you feel more comfortable, it certainly won't hurt anything.

SandP,

No one knows your body like you do. We all fully support whatever you decide to do.  Best of luck on your new pace and we'll all be cheering you on.

All the Best,

Ed

Dear solaceandpeace: YAY!!!  :smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup::laugh:

Taking care of our bodies is the most important thing. Hopefully you'll now have an excellent birthday and next year you can celebrate it knowing you did the right thing. There's always Christmas. Or New Year's. Or valentine's day. Or easter. One thing is certain: you'll always celebrate your b-free date. A new special day just for you. Aloha, HM

These responses really warmed my heart! :smitten: I'm doing well here and I hope all of you are too. I will check in soon. :thumbsup:

Major update and major decision. I've decided to heed your warnings and slow down the end of my taper. I've always said that I'd listen to my body and decide when the time comes, and my body is telling me that slower is smarter.

Those who have been following know that my Valium taper has been really easy, especially in comparison to my first failed Ativan taper. Today, symptoms are still mild. I'm still able to work. But I'm slightly dizzy, muscles are tight, stomach is burning, nightmares are haunting me, and my anxiety and agoraphobia are popping back up. I'm also having a strange pain in my temple area, which has been typical for me during this taper, but this is a different kind of pain now and it leaves me with numbness in that area and I feel a little confused after it happens.

I refuse to complain or feel bad about it because I know how many of you are truly suffering here. If I'm still able to get up and get my job done, I figure I'm doing pretty OK. But I'm going to cut by .05 mg every two weeks instead of 1 mg. What's one extra month? I'm a little sad to do this because I was so attached to the idea of taking my very last pill on my birthday. But things have gone so well and I don't want to screw things up by going too fast. I don't want to end up like I did with the Ativan taper.

The fact is, I have bills to pay and I need to make it through the rest of this taper without having to take time off. If slowing it down makes that more likely, it really seems like the wise thing to do.

I'm having difficulty splitting these pills into quarters though and I don't want to do liquid. I ordered a new pill cutter that is supposed to be better, so let's hope it is.

Thank you everyone for your insight and input. It all added up to me being a little more cautious about this and I don't see any reason that I could ever regret that. I'll keep you posted as to how this goes.

Solaceandpeace,

Great decision,  slow is the best way to go,  keep the good job.  see you in the other side.

I'm 4 months benzo free, thanks to benzo buddies for all the help.    I'm 90 %  OK.    working full time. 

dont pay attention to the body sensations, those are harmless false  alarms. 

I dont have more panic Atacks, the mild anxiety  still there.  the tinnitus is GONE !!!!    I CAN'T BELIEVE IT  !!!

Cheers!!  :smitten: :smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Solaceandpeace,

Great decision,  slow is the best way to go,  keep the good job.  see you in the other side.

I'm 4 months benzo free, thanks to benzo buddies for all the help.    I'm 90 %  OK.    working full time. 

I dont have more panic Atacks, the mild anxiety  still there.  the tinnitus is GONE !!!!    I CAN'T BELIEVE IT  !!!

Amazing news, Tex! Congratulations. Do you have a success story written up?

Best,

Ed

Hi all, @ texfernand, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!  :smitten::thumbsup:;) I've lived with tinnitus so long that I don't notice it, even. Something to look forward to.

Also looking forward to getting over what apparently is a 'flu. Ugh. Holding for a few days I guess. Well at least that's short-term. HM

edzo8

I dont have a success story yet,  I'm looking to feel better and better to post my success story.  I want to be 98% fine.

thanks

Tex

edzo8

I dont have a success story yet,  I'm looking to feel better and better to post my success story.  I want to be 98% fine.

thanks

Tex

Understood.  Well congratulations on your improvement thus far.

All the best for the future,

Ed

Solaceandpeace,

Tex, wow, congratulations! And thank you for the supportive words! How wonderful that you are doing so much better! To be four months out must be amazing. I guess we'll all be there sooner than we even realize. I'm very inspired by you and I hope you'll continue to check in now and then! How wonderful.

:clap:

Hi all, @ texfernand, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!  :smitten::thumbsup:;) I've lived with tinnitus so long that I don't notice it, even. Something to look forward to.

Also looking forward to getting over what apparently is a 'flu. Ugh. Holding for a few days I guess. Well at least that's short-term. HM

Keep the good job,  we all be better sooner or later, slow  is the best way to go.  no hurry.

Cheers!!

:smitten: :smitten:

Tex

Solaceandpeace,

Hi Texfernand, when did your tinnitus go away? Tinnitus is my worst symptom.

Keep the good job,  we all be better sooner or later, slow  is the best way to go.  no hurry.

Cheers!!

:smitten: :smitten:

Tex

Thanks Tex! I resumed my mt after 1 day hold. Now down to 10.5 mg. Hope you're feeling guuuud!  :thumbsup::laugh: HM

Hi fellow taperers

I have a autoimmune disease that can't tolerate the RX liquid Roxanne or a glycerine based compounded formula.  I am now trying the milk method.  My problem is when I add a little bit of milk to my 2mg valium pill to see it dissolve it doesn't dissolve completely. It must be the brand of valium I have.  I am worried it is not completely dissolved even after letting it sit in the milk for hours.  I just tried adding 2mls of 100 proof vodka to the pill and it dissolved very quickly.  My question is can I do this and then add my milk without the vodka compromising the milk potion.

It is unlikely that that the "pill" will fully dissolve, but the benzo will fully dissolve.

Your 2mg tablet probably actually weighs about 150 mg.  That means only about 1.5% of the pill is actually valium.  The rest is inactive binders, fillers, colorants, and other excipient ingredients.  The valium is definitley soluble, but some of the other ingredients won't be.

Having solid particulates remain in the solution does NOT mean the benzo is not fully dissolved.  Some of those ingredients that dissolve in alcohol may not dissolve in milk.  It really isn't necessary to start the solution with alcohol, but if it makes you feel more comfortable, it certainly won't hurt anything.

Thank you Builder, thank you very much.

I have no idea if I'm posting this in the correct area - But I'm looking for insight and support......

After 2 failed tapers (one CT and the other a 4 month long Klonipin taper in which I reinstated 3 months post my final dose) - I am currently trying to taper from Valium - I crossed over to 10mg and made it to 6mg but have been so horribly symptomatic that I up dosed to 6.5 as of yesterday. 

My first taper was very painless.......it wasn't until 3 weeks post my final dose that the wheels fell off - I didn't even realize that it was withdrawal......thought I was going crazy and racked up $15K in Dr bills trying to figure out what was wrong with me - it was the most horrific 3 months of  my life - I finally ended up in an ER and given Ativan as a supplementary drug to help bring my BP down  - All of my symptoms disappeared and I realized - I was so scared that I just went home and started back on the Klonipin and then called the dr the following day........I then crossed over to Valium 10mg and started my taper in January of this year......

The point of all of this is that this Valium taper has been horrendous - MUCH harder than the Klonipin - Am I kindled? I've had some speculate "YES" and others say NO or that it really isn't common or even real - but my last taper was such a breeze that when the symptoms hit me, I stupidly didn't connect it - was convinced I had a brain tumor or was "going crazy" - the physical symptoms were horrendous......

This taper - so different - so hard - I'm terrified that I've destroyed my life and my sweet kids and husbands lives in the process

Any feedback? Anyone have a completely failed taper then REINSTATE, and taper Valium to the end and heal relatively quickly??

I'm sorry this isn't written or articulated well - I am so foggy and its hard for me to get my thoughts on to paper (screen) - in any sort of organized way......If anyone has any words of wisdom, I would so appreciate it.......

I'm so scared.......

Hi Fight!

I too have seen many posts from both camps as to whether or not kindling exists. At this point, I guess it doesn't really matter if it does or doesn't. I've read about plenty of people who have had more difficult second and third tapers though.  It seems as if that is the boat you're in.  The good news is that you have found a safe haven of supporting people who will help  you along every step of the way.

It's natural to be scared. We all get scared at points in this taper.  You'll just have to move on with your taper at a pace that your body dictates.  You can do this though. I won't lie and tell you it will be all smooth sailing for you and your family. I might be trying at times. Marriage, even in the best of times, can be a bit of work. But with a compassionate partner, you will be fine and the lives of your family will certainly not be destroyed.

There are PLENTY of people who have tapered off of Valium and recovered. Head over to the Success Stories section of this board and you'll see this is true.  You can do this! Many have done it before you, many will do it after you, and you'll do it yourself.

Best,

Ed

Thank you Ed for your reply......I read the Success stories non stop.......I'm hoping that a slow liquid daily micro taper will give me the best hope of success - I've just updosed and hoping to stabilize a little bit before I start to titrate down ....

Again thank you - I'll take all the support I can get and I appreciate it so much.......

Thank you Ed for your reply......I read the Success stories non stop.......I'm hoping that a slow liquid daily micro taper will give me the best hope of success - I've just updosed and hoping to stabilize a little bit before I start to titrate down ....

Again thank you - I'll take all the support I can get and I appreciate it so much.......

It's absolutely my pleasure. Just remember that Valium is long acting and it may take a bit for the updose to be fully felt. After a while you'll stabilize and you'll be ready to do a nice, slow taper.

:)

Ed

Thank you for your replies!!

Can I ask just a few more questions? I see in your signature that you went to liquid and then have (NO GO) - what was your experience with that - I'm so foggy headed that I'm scared I'll mess up trying to concoct my own mixture and with young children in the house, it just feels weird - like I'm turning my house into a meth lab or something.....(kidding of course, but you get the point)

Also - I think I saw that you did more than 2 doses a day - I think I'm metabolizing quickly and I'm wondering if I should try dosing 3x?

Thank you for your replies!!

Can I ask just a few more questions? I see in your signature that you went to liquid and then have (NO GO) - what was your experience with that - I'm so foggy headed that I'm scared I'll mess up trying to concoct my own mixture and with young children in the house, it just feels weird - like I'm turning my house into a meth lab or something.....(kidding of course, but you get the point)

Also - I think I saw that you did more than 2 doses a day - I think I'm metabolizing quacking and I'm wondering if I should try dosing 3x?

No problem at all.

My stomach didn't like something about the liquid valium. I ingested it and within minutes felt toxic. Liquid works with some people's systems and doesn't work for other people.  Personally, I feel it's worth a shot because it is the most precise method for tapering in general.

Yes, I did 3 doses per day for quite a while.  I switched up to 2 doses per day for the sake of convenience. It took a few days to stabilize after I did that.  So long as you have the patience to set yourself up 3, 4, or even 5 times per day, there is nothing wrong with that.

Best,

Ed