Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hi everyone!

@laineyk, welcome back and I sent you an angel prayer.

Checking in to say that as of 9/18 I was down to 11 mg V.  :thumbsup: Still using liquid and pills to microtaper .05 mg per day (I think). Anyway I don't feel dope sick (anxiety, depression, that mental stuff). Have been experiencing some sciatica. I mean I feel LESS dope sick than when I really feel it since it's always there to some degree.

Not many posts here lately. Oh well. Take care everyone, aloha, HM

thank you solace...I was told to get ester-C  so I think its basically the same thing with bioflavoinoids.

Actually, rutin is specifically from lemon rinds and it's a totally different thing than all the other citrus bioflavonoids. Many who have Meniere's disease take this supplement for relief, and they specify that it must be rutin or lemon bioflavonoids, not any other bioflavonoid. I have popped an extra one when I feel tinnitus or a vertigo attack coming on and you can actually feel it open up your ears and take away that awful fullness sensation within 10 minutes.

Of course, there are many different types of vertigo. For some it's an ear issue, for some it's central nervous system related, for some it's Meniere's or migraine... What works for you would depend on what the true cause is, but I definitely recommend experimenting with supplements and diet because it does help. And make sure your BP is in the normal range. Both generally good advice for any condition, I suppose!

Sending strength!

I'd like to ask about Valium causing depression, is that okay? I'm on Ativan right now, but considering a crossover to Valium because I'm having such a hard time.  I already have bad depression and don't want to make that worse. 

Thank you and if I should be asking this question elsewhere or not at all, please just let me know.

~Ranomi

By the point that I crossed over, I was very depressed from the depersonalization and derealization. The Valium wiped that right out so I actually felt relief, but I was still overmedicated (I didn't really do a proper crossover, just dumped the whole V dose on top of my A dose) so I was exhausted and sad at times. As soon as I finally started cutting the Ativan dose, I felt lighter and brighter. More energy, lots of clarity.

Depression isn't something I normally deal with and I'd be nervous about the V if it was, BUT I got to a point with the Ativan where I truly felt I couldn't do the rest of the taper, and my V taper has been super smooth. I definitely recommend the crossover to anyone and everyone because it helped SO much, but do it slowly, do it right, and monitor your mood as you go. Expect to feel better but be aware. Also note that not everyone needs the full Ashton recommended amount to cover the Ativan, so crossing to a little less might help avoid the depression.

Just my experience but hopefully someone with ongoing depression can chime in with something of more value.  :)

Healingme, so you think the sciatica is caused by WD?  Recently had my first experience with it.  Just got down to 13mg Valium, doing pills and liquid.  Thanks.  Cross

My experience is that wd can definitely cause sciatic nerve pain. During my initial taper in 2014 I had terrible knee pain and back pain that was all related to tightness in my legs that was pinching that nerve. Massage and acupuncture helped to some extent and I definitely advise those if you can tolerate them. Stretching helped as well. But as with anything else time was really what was required. When those nerves wake up in the muscles the muscles kind of go bonkers.  :D 

Eventually it gets better.

:hug:

Solace and peace,

Good luck on your end of taper plan. I hope it works for you.

I had little trouble going from 7.5 mg Valium to  1.5 but boy did I hit a wall at 1.25. I guess all my previous cuts caught up with me.

So now I am holding a 1.2

I just can not do any more major cuts. Too many bad wdfx

I'm going to have to slow down now to micro cutting.

I sincerely hope you are able to keep cutting  a whole mg without pain and sfx  but be careful, the wdfx can catch up and slam you.

It's actually advised by buddies across the forum to slow down a lot  once you get down to 1 mg.  like only 10% of your last dose being the biggest cut each time. Some people need to cut even less than that.

I hope you will let everyone know your secret if you are able to do it. I wish I could but it's just not possible for me.

The very best of luck and may you get off the last bit of Valium with ease, if it is at all possible.

Heath

Heath,

Thank you for the concern. I'm very aware of the general advice to slow down at the end and I'm considering everything very carefully.

This next cut has been on my mind a lot but I'm trying not to overthink it. My premise from the start was to listen to my body and go by feel. I've had no lingering symptoms except a mild headache over the last two cuts or so, and even that isn't every day. Different symptoms with each cut, but always short lived. If I see a reason to slow down, I certainly will, and I'll hold for however long is necessary. Having said that, I only have the pills that I already have. I need to count them up and see what I'm working with.

My secret? So far, anyway? Luck, I guess! My Ativan taper became absolute hell and I couldn't do it. A lot of factors added to that though (emergency surgery, extra benzos in hospital, tons of stress in general). I believe these things have made it easier though:

The Valium crossover was a miracle for me. Everything below was already in place with my Ativan taper, which was actually pretty smooth up until it turned bad. I credit the Valium switch the most. I was so afraid I'd regret it but it was the best thing I ever did.

Supplement-wise, I take a multivitamin, probiotics, magnesium, MSM, vitamin D, lemon bioflavonoid, and melatonin, plus daily medical marijuana to prevent migraines but really even more for anxiety. It was my idea to replace benzos with cannabis and that has definitely worked. It seems to be healing my PTSD issues in a very dramatic way too, and that effect has been scientifically documented so it's exciting to see it happening in my life. Especially since I never smoked recreationally.

On that note, while I think cannabis has helped tremendously with my taper, I am planning to be on it for life for my migraines, for anxiety, for any pain, and for general health and well being. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it as a temporary thing to help your taper because it does affect GABA receptors. It's a wonderful thing that I recommend in general, but if you never smoked before and don't plan to after your taper, it seems to me like it could just complicate things.

I'm also on metoprolol for high blood pressure, which I'm guessing suppresses a lot of symptoms.

I can't help but think that some if not all of that has been helpful. Also, mindfulness and keeping busy with work. I guess you could call that a mixture of mindfulness and distraction! It's good to distract myself from overthinking and then be mindful in the moment when things are less crazy.

I haven't taken a nap in weeks and today I took one and actually slept all day. Unfortunately I had horrible nightmares. I'm used to that as it happens when I start meds, stop meds, or change doses. But these were truly the worst I've ever had. Not letting it bug me though. In fact, I just watched the latest episode of American Horror Story and started a new Stephen King book tonight. Hehe :o

Morning anxiety is ripping me apart again now that I am cutting again.

tomorrow I go to 5mg  and I am frightened I will want to give up AGAIN!!!  I know I can't but I fight with my inner self.

without God I really have no idea where I would be right now.

so this will have to be my last .5mg cut because I can not do 10% cuts...have to slow this down AGAIN!!

Lainey:  Just saying if the .5 is ripping you up why don't you cut .25 instead?  If you still want to do .5 then split up the cut - do .25 now and see how you feel and then .25 in a week to 10 days but IMHO I would not send myself over the cliff by cutting .5 mg when you don't have to. 

We have all been where you are now- it is so hard to do and yes it is terrifying what these drugs do to us. 

Lainey, So sorry you are getting hit.  Kgirl gave you good advice.  I am stuck again at 13 mg.  I made two tiny cuts and am getting worse and worse with the burning and also spinal pain is awful.  I don't know which way to turn either.  I'm getting a steroid shot in back tomorrow but the burning has become unbearable.  I might have to try the gabapentin as I can't survive in this state much longer.  A body can only take so much.  Praying for you too.  :smitten:

Hi all, @ cross: StephenDedalus may be right. This is the worst sciatica episode I've ever had and it's continuing on a low level basis.

Really gang did everyone miss the part of my post where I said I dropped to 11 mg?  :'(

Anyway I think I am dope sick. I've felt like I'm "coming down with" a cold for a week now, lots of fatigue and this sciatica. The thing missing is the mental anxiety and desolation which is nice, I suppose. All I do is lay around except for my p/t work and the few things I have to do. Which then does cause some anxiety because things I need to do are piling up, i.e. laundry. Has anyone else bought more underwear instead of going to the laundromat? No washer in the house is totally not OK for benzo people. Ugh.

I'm going to hold for awhile. Have to see a podiatrist and other things this week. Feeling disappointed. Oh well. Aloha, Charlotte

Solace and peace

What strain of mm are you using?  Indica? Cbn. For sleep or cbd for anxiety.  I am going to use cbn transdermal patches for sleep. These do not affect gaba.  Was wondering what strain or product you are using?

Yes S and P I'd like to know too. Have been considering that for a long while now. Magnolis I think you mean CBD (cannabidiol) which has no THC. I'm guessing you're using a blend. Thanks, Charlotte

Congrats on getting to 11 mg.  Yeah, this spinal stuff stinks but the burning is the worst for me.  I can relate to the wash, I do have machine here but hate to do it.  I do nothing now but lay here in agony.  Its a horrible life but I keep praying things will get better.  Hope you feel better soon also.

Solace and peace

What strain of mm are you using?  Indica? Cbn. For sleep or cbd for anxiety.  I am going to use cbn transdermal patches for sleep. These do not affect gaba.  Was wondering what strain or product you are using?

Yes S and P I'd like to know too. Have been considering that for a long while now. Magnolis I think you mean CBD (cannabidiol) which has no THC. I'm guessing you're using a blend. Thanks, Charlotte

I am different than most in the fact that high CBD strains or CBD oil cause me increased pain. Same with chia seeds and flax oil. Both indica and sativa strains relieve my anxiety but I have stuck with hybrids and indicas during my taper.

I don't grow it myself and the menu changes frequently at the delivery service that I use, so I don't stick to just one strain, but my favorite so far has been Sunshine Daydream which is listed as one of the more potent psychoactive strains. People with anxiety are supposed to avoid the psychoactive stuff but not me! It helps me relax and let go of my control freak nature.

In fact, being open to trying new strains all the time has been good for my anxiety too. You have to relax into it and be willing to experience whatever each one happens to feel like. It's been two years now since I started smoking daily and it has been one of the most positive and rewarding things I've ever done.

But you do have to start really slow. Don't puff on it like a cigarette. Tiny puff. Wait 15 minutes before deciding if you want another tiny puff. Burning it hotter makes it more psychoactive. Tiny puffs that aren't burning too hot are better for beginners. I really believe that most people who get paranoid with it are just overdoing it too soon. I did that a couple of times when I first tried it and I thought it wasn't for me.

My mom really likes the CBD oil and everyone that I know likes the CBD strains for pain, but for me, it's just more headaches and more body pain with those. Increased anxiety too! As with everything else, you have to try things in small amounts and listen to your body. :thumbsup:

Yes I think I did see your posts somewhere else. You're a daily smoker so people please don't try this at home!  :laugh: Hey I used to be chronic in Hawai`i so I know the tolerance level. Appreciate your careful advice to others. However I'd suggest a balance of THC and CBD to anyone who wants to try, for me it would be high on the CBD (non-psychoactive) end. Even one little hit can cause anxiety for hours for people who are not benzo users, if you use the high-THC type. And no cookies or edibles of any type! Glad it works so well for you and thanks for the reply.

Yes I think I did see your posts somewhere else. You're a daily smoker so people please don't try this at home!  :laugh: Hey I used to be chronic in Hawai`i so I know the tolerance level. Appreciate your careful advice to others. However I'd suggest a balance of THC and CBD to anyone who wants to try, for me it would be high on the CBD (non-psychoactive) end. Even one little hit can cause anxiety for hours for people who are not benzo users, if you use the high-THC type. And no cookies or edibles of any type! Glad it works so well for you and thanks for the reply.

Interesting point because I have been on benzos the entire time that I've been smoking legally. I tried it on a few occasions recreationally in the prior decade of my life (mid 20s, I'm mid 30s now) and had good experiences when I had just a couple of puffs or built it up slowly, but no one told me to do that, so on a couple of occasions I think I took about three puffs right from the get-go, and while it wasn't terrible, I became the official party pooper. "You're not gonna do that are you? Oh no, that's not safe. Are all the doors locked?" Lol... Not over the top paranoia but just a real worry wart. Of course I had undiagnosed anxiety at the time and absolutely zero coping skills.

I am curious how it'll feel when I'm 100% off. I've noticed that it hits me harder lately but I haven't been smoking as much so I think my tolerance has decreased again. Before, I could smoke and be social. Now I pretty much just want to have a little before I go to bed.

On that bed note, I slept literally all day yesterday and half the day today. How much can one person sleep? I've always been a heavy sleeper but I haven't even napped in ages. I guess I'm getting caught up. But it's been nothing but nightmares and I'm even more exhausted today. I think I have changed my habits and I just can't sleep that much anymore without feeling the effects! Everyone that I know always marveled that I could sleep so much and feel fine. I guess I'm becoming like them. Lol

Last time I tried MJ I got pretty anxious. I have no clue what strain it was, etc. So my interest would be in something that helps mostly with pain without being psychoactive.

The only kind that I have tried and that I know to be organic and natural is from greenroadsworld.com. It's still made from industrial hemp, because it pretty much has to be unless you are a legal patient buying from a dispensary. (This is legal everywhere because there is no THC and no psychoactive effect.)

None of my local delivery services (dispensaries are quite far away from me) carry CBD products that I'm aware of. I bought that at my local smoke shop. But you have to be careful because I have heard that a lot of the brands that are sold are absolute junk. Definitely do your research before you buy whatever you find.

I would be taking it myself if it agreed with my system. Anything high-CBD makes my head hurt and gives me anxiety. But I'm a total anomaly in most ways, so don't let that scare you! I've literally never heard of a single other person having that experience except me. I'm a total weirdo, always. :idiot:

The only kind that I have tried and that I know to be organic and natural is from greenroadsworld.com. It's still made from industrial hemp, because it pretty much has to be unless you are a legal patient buying from a dispensary. (This is legal everywhere because there is no THC and no psychoactive effect.)

None of my local delivery services (dispensaries are quite far away from me) carry CBD products that I'm aware of. I bought that at my local smoke shop. But you have to be careful because I have heard that a lot of the brands that are sold are absolute junk. Definitely do your research before you buy whatever you find.

I would be taking it myself if it agreed with my system. Anything high-CBD makes my head hurt and gives me anxiety. But I'm a total anomaly in most ways, so don't let that scare you! I've literally never heard of a single other person having that experience except me. I'm a total weirdo, always. :idiot:

Hi SP  :hug: I bought a high quality CBD oil and i made me a lot worse, and I had such high hopes it would be helpful :(

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

What was made worse by it, anxiety or physical symptoms or both? I don't know what it is about it, but I just feel wrong when I take it. Regular cannabis is fine, but no CBD oil for me. My brain obviously prefers THC for whatever reason. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, I had an eighth of Cannatonic #4 once which is one of the high CBD strains. I didn't hate it but it didn't do much for me. No real high of course, but I don't remember it actually being unpleasant. I wonder if it's specifically the CBD oil since it's more refined and not so natural. I guess I'll never know.

What was made worse by it, anxiety or physical symptoms or both? I don't know what it is about it, but I just feel wrong when I take it. Regular cannabis is fine, but no CBD oil for me. My brain obviously prefers THC for whatever reason. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, I had an eighth of Cannatonic #4 once which is one of the high CBD strains. I didn't hate it but it didn't do much for me. No real high of course, but I don't remember it actually being unpleasant. I wonder if it's specifically the CBD oil since it's more refined and not so natural. I guess I'll never know.

Both unfortunately, I had to lay down and pray I felt so bad and the increase in pain nearly stopped me breathing :o I get terrible waves anyway, and am in a long one AGAIN  ::), but it took me into my worse stage waves really quickly :D I'm in UK, and unfortunately you can't get one with the THC here as its illegal, but I wish we could, I would give it a try, I used to smoke weed a lot but stopped it 2 yeas ago as the one lot made me feel terrible but I don't know what strain it was except it was  a skunk weed and probably  really high in THC. I had bad anxiety for 18 or more hours from it.

Free and Kgirl...getting .25mg on these stinking pills would have me weighing and I am not sure I am up to that either.

at 5 mgs then I am forced to cut smaller anyways

Free I am saddened that you are not getting any relief....I was given a lotion from Gilster for my neck that actually helps with the pain!!!

if interested PM me

5mg V= .25mgK    I am almost there....almost