Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Ed, I did have two CT scans done prior to my appendectomy and the surgeon said there were no gallstones. I had been eating tons of beans in the months prior which had pretty much made me able to eat anything... basically the soluble fiber flushes the old bile out of your system instead of it constantly being recycled within you (karenhurd.com is where I learned all this). I've been lazy about that in recent months so I'm getting back to it.

I'm scared of the liver flushes because I'm very allergic or intolerant to olive oil. Horrible migraines and vomiting from that. I'd never be able to handle it.

Healing, I don't know my blood type but I do know that I can be extremely obsessive over diet, so it's better for me to not even overthink it. I'm just cutting the amounts down and avoiding anything acidic for now. Health anxiety is what led to me taking benzos to begin with, so I have to watch myself with all of this! Constantly telling myself to relax and not to worry. Everything always does pass quickly.

On that note, every day it's something different with these WDs, isn't it? Today, it's stabbing pains in my left temple. I've had pain and throbbing in my right temple before (only during WDs, never at other times), but this is a different type of pain and on the other side. It freaked me out pretty bad but it seems to have passed. I calmed my mind and massaged my jaw muscles, which were tight this morning.

Just to reassure myself, pain in the temples and whatnot IS a typical WD symptom, right? I think I've asked that before but my benzo brain is terrible right now! :idiot:

Yep

Feels like my head is in a clamp across temples.

Also get pains in different parts of skull.

Massage your head gently, can help.

Just keep telling yourself it's your brain healing.

Guys,I'm trying to work out  a single 2mg pill  minus 1/8 what should be the overall weight when an 1/8 is taken away? . I can't get my head around more than one pill at a time, my mind is too messed up I'm struggling to hold it together  :( Thanks

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Guys,I'm trying to work out  a single 2mg pill  minus 1/8 what should be the overall weight when an 1/8 is taken away? . I can't get my head around more than one pill at a time, my mind is too messed up I'm struggling to hold it together  :( Thanks

See my reply to your post on the microtaper thread.  We need to know how much your tablets weigh.

See my reply to your post on the microtaper thread.  We need to know how much your tablets weigh.

Anywhere from 175 to 176-177, some weigh less but 176-176 is the more common I think.

What I was doing was cutting a pill up then weighing 1mg, then1/4 then an 1/8 separately and was doing ok, but I'm having seep disturbance problems with a noisy neighbour right through the nigh, and lack of sleep plus withdrawal I'm lost the plot.

I couldn't  what a 1/4 or 1/8 should weigh,, I look at the scale all I can see is 0.000 and can't remember  what numbers I'm supposed to be looking for as in 1mg is 0.100, then 1/2 should be 0.500 and 1/8 should be 0.125? Is that correct? I'm not sure about anything at all right now nothing is registering properly. One minute it looks okay then my brain's saying its all wrong and I panic like mad as I've got waves of high anxiety.

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Anywhere from 175 to 176-177, some weigh less but 176-176 is the more common I think.

What I was doing was cutting a pill up then weighing 1mg, then1/4 then an 1/8 separately and was doing ok, but I'm having seep disturbance problems with a noisy neighbour right through the nigh, and lack of sleep plus withdrawal I'm lost the plot.

I couldn't  what a 1/4 or 1/8 should weigh,, I look at the scale all I can see is 0.000 and can't remember  what numbers I'm supposed to be looking for as in 1mg is 0.100, then 1/2 should be 0.500 and 1/8 should be 0.125? Is that correct? I'm not sure about anything at all right now nothing is registering properly. One minute it looks okay then my brain's saying its all wrong and I panic like mad as I've got waves of high anxiety.

OK, if your tablet weighs 175mg, then 1/8 is 21.875mg. (175/8=21.875)  1/4 would be 175/4=43.75.

Regarding your scale, 1 gram (g)=1000 milligrams (mg).  So 175mg=.175g.

Thanks to edzo and mr mteo for the support. Solaceandpeace, that bean thing is interesting. I get that you don't want to get into another type of diet format to overthink. I've been eating a lot more beans since my diet change, so now you've given me good feelings that I'm flushing out stuff just by food. What a drag to be allergic to olive oil. However, I'd give up oo if I could have butter back!  :laugh: HM

Noisy neighbor? Try silicone ear plugs. Yes you have to get used to them but they have made my sleep life heaven for years now. You may still faintly hear noise; for that you have to train yourself to just ignore. I have had noisy roommates up at 5 AM, roosters literally fighting under the floor in my room (Hawai`i) and all kinds of other disturbances. ZZZZ.

Jp & ed, thank you for the reassurance about the temple pains! I've gotten to a point where none of these symptoms really shake me up too much. It's scary for a second but it passes within an hour and then I forget about it. I just stay busy. What else can I do?

Thanks to edzo and mr mteo for the support. Solaceandpeace, that bean thing is interesting. I get that you don't want to get into another type of diet format to overthink. I've been eating a lot more beans since my diet change, so now you've given me good feelings that I'm flushing out stuff just by food. What a drag to be allergic to olive oil. However, I'd give up oo if I could have butter back!  :laugh: HM

I wasn't sure that there was any truth to the bean diet, but I can't deny the difference! I can eat almost anything without gallbladder pain as long as I eat some beans every day now. My cholesterol and triglyceride levels were high before too, and they're normal now. It's pretty amazing!

I'm not allergic to olive oil to the point where I can't have any at all, but it has to be small amounts, and definitely nothing sautéed in it. I also get migraines and increased pain in general from flax seeds, chia seeds, and hemp seeds. I assumed it was the omega 3s, but other sources of them don't bother me. Quinoa caused the same reaction. I put two and two together and now I'm betting it's the saponins. Ah, the endlessly frustrating world of food allergies. It's not too hard to avoid or limit these though.

And now for the big happy news... I'm down to 3 mg as of tonight! I picked up my very last Valium prescription on Wednesday. No doc appointments until February now. I feel free as a bird!

:smitten:

Jp & ed, thank you for the reassurance about the temple pains! I've gotten to a point where none of these symptoms really shake me up too much. It's scary for a second but it passes within an hour and then I forget about it. I just stay busy. What else can I do?

I wasn't sure that there was any truth to the bean diet, but I can't deny the difference! I can eat almost anything without gallbladder pain as long as I eat some beans every day now. My cholesterol and triglyceride levels were high before too, and they're normal now. It's pretty amazing!

I'm not allergic to olive oil to the point where I can't have any at all, but it has to be small amounts, and definitely nothing sautéed in it. I also get migraines and increased pain in general from flax seeds, chia seeds, and hemp seeds. I assumed it was the omega 3s, but other sources of them don't bother me. Quinoa caused the same reaction. I put two and two together and now I'm betting it's the saponins. Ah, the endlessly frustrating world of food allergies. It's not too hard to avoid or limit these though.

And now for the big happy news... I'm down to 3 mg as of tonight! I picked up my very last Valium prescription on Wednesday. No doc appointments until February now. I feel free as a bird!

:smitten:

This is tremendous news that your taper is going as well as it is! Congrats!  What types of beans do you eat? Also, how did you find out you are having issues with flax seeds and what in flax seeds could cause a problem? I only ask because I was making smoothies with flax and began to get suspicious.

Keep on trucking!

Best,

Ed

Ed, info on what beans count for this is below. I mostly do kidney, garbanzo, pinto, white, navy, black, and lima. I started off trying to do the full diet where you eat three cups of beans a day, but I ended up finding complete relief from my gall bladder symptoms with just a half cup with lunch and dinner. I'll throw them into a salad, put them on tacos, or even just eat them plain or with a little salad dressing for flavor.

Legumes are what we normally term “soup beans” or “dry beans.” They are pinto beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, white beans, navy beans, black beans, lentils, split peas, black-eyed peas, and lima beans, to name just a few. Legumes are not green beans, wax beans, soy beans, or peanuts. - See more at: http://www.karenhurd.com/pages/healthtopics/specifichealthconcerns/ht-shc-gallbladderdisease.html#sthash.1HzA306j.dpuf

Regarding flax... it all started when I was accidentally taking a ridiculous megadose of flax oil for a period of a few months. I must have been taking in about 20,000 IU daily. It was a simple teaspoon vs tablespoon mistake, and I was having chia seeds daily at that time too.

My head pain was out of control. Not even migraines. Just shooting pain. I think it's  a neck issue and I have mostly fixed it by fixing my posture, but if I have too much of flax, chia, or hemp seeds, bam, the pain returns.

Those are all supposed to be wonderful for you and I'm sure they are. But I think my body may simply regard them as a poison now since I basically OD'd on them. I really regret that. It was scary and expensive (two emergency room visits before I had insurance).

It really is a mind blower that my taper is going this well. I've had my moments, but they really were just moments. I haven't even had one whole day that was bad. That really hit me tonight and I'm really grateful. The hard part could be coming up right now, but if so, I sure don't feel even a hint of it yet. 5 mg was a rough cut for me. Since 4 mg I've been feeling just great.

Solaceandpeace, I am blown away (and so happy for you) that you have been able to taper a mg every couple of weeks.  Are there any supplements you take or do you just credit it to being extremely fortunate?  What, if any, symptoms do you have?  Thank you.  Cross

Solaceandpeace, I am blown away (and so happy for you) that you have been able to taper a mg every couple of weeks.  Are there any supplements you take or do you just credit it to being extremely fortunate?  What, if any, symptoms do you have?  Thank you.  Cross

Regarding symptoms, I've had bad hours but not bad days. Increased anxiety and some panic, temples pulsing and sometimes throbbing and hurting, random pains in my head and stomach, muscle spasms, increased muscle tension... I think that's about it. All of them happen rather fast and pass quickly.

Luck or supplements? Not sure! I've been on magnesium and melatonin from the start. A bit of medical marijuana in the evenings (I may or may not have mentioned already that it cured my PCOS which I dealt with for 20 years prior). MSM for ear health (past vertigo issues) and because it brought back the hair I was losing and also gave me long and strong fingernails! Lemon bioflavonoid, also to prevent those vertigo issues and tinnitus. P5P for my RSI injuries (I'm a transcriptionist). Probiotics to prevent the stomach pain from benzo WD. Multivitamin and vitamin D supplement. Also metoprolol for my blood pressure.

I literally pop 16 and a half pills per day. I'm tired of that but they're all essentials at this point, at least for now. They likely are helping! I haven't had a cold or flu in the five years that I've been taking lemon bioflavonoids (must be from rutin, none of the other bioflavonoids are the same thing), so I am a believer in supplements!

I just tried some tension tamer tea tonight by Celestial Seasonings. A gift from my mom. First ingredient is eleuthero (hope I'm spelling that right), a Chinese herb. Anybody know anything about that? I've used Yogi stress relief tea for relief from the temple pulsing. I know some say to stay away from the GABA agonists or whatever they're called, but I figure what harm can an occasional cup of tea do?

I MAY have had my first "brain zaps" tonight while driving. Felt like electricity shocks right below my ears. I'm not sure because my old neck injury is flaring up and causing me head pain anyway. Might have just been part of that. I got a little panicky and cried a bit. Really hoping it doesn't happen today at our Labor Day get-together.

On that note, I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! :smitten:

SolaceAndPeace,

Thank you for your detailed response about my bean and flax seed questions.  I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I was in a rough spot.  I've decided to leave the flax alone, possibly for good. Interesting that flax can have an effect on us.  I pray you don't get the "brain zaps" and your taper continues along with moderate, at worst, sx.

Thanks again,

Ed

Ed, info on what beans count for this is below. I mostly do kidney, garbanzo, pinto, white, navy, black, and lima. I started off trying to do the full diet where you eat three cups of beans a day, but I ended up finding complete relief from my gall bladder symptoms with just a half cup with lunch and dinner. I'll throw them into a salad, put them on tacos, or even just eat them plain or with a little salad dressing for flavor.

Legumes are what we normally term “soup beans” or “dry beans.” They are pinto beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, white beans, navy beans, black beans, lentils, split peas, black-eyed peas, and lima beans, to name just a few. Legumes are not green beans, wax beans, soy beans, or peanuts. - See more at: http://www.karenhurd.com/pages/healthtopics/specifichealthconcerns/ht-shc-gallbladderdisease.html#sthash.1HzA306j.dpuf

Regarding flax... it all started when I was accidentally taking a ridiculous megadose of flax oil for a period of a few months. I must have been taking in about 20,000 IU daily. It was a simple teaspoon vs tablespoon mistake, and I was having chia seeds daily at that time too.

My head pain was out of control. Not even migraines. Just shooting pain. I think it's  a neck issue and I have mostly fixed it by fixing my posture, but if I have too much of flax, chia, or hemp seeds, bam, the pain returns.

Those are all supposed to be wonderful for you and I'm sure they are. But I think my body may simply regard them as a poison now since I basically OD'd on them. I really regret that. It was scary and expensive (two emergency room visits before I had insurance).

It really is a mind blower that my taper is going this well. I've had my moments, but they really were just moments. I haven't even had one whole day that was bad. That really hit me tonight and I'm really grateful. The hard part could be coming up right now, but if so, I sure don't feel even a hint of it yet. 5 mg was a rough cut for me. Since 4 mg I've been feeling just great.

Solace,

I read that Beans contain a compound called lectin. Lectins are glycoproteins that are present in a wide variety of commonly-consumed plant foods. Some are not harmful, but the lectins found in undercooked and raw beans are toxic.

others said dont eat beans at all, but many countries eat beans all day.  Mexican food is based in beans.

I dont eat much beans for my acid reflux.

best regards

Tex

Hi all  :hug: My Diazepam  2mg come in boxed  strips not a bottle which can be counted as a single batch. I weighed 10 pills to begin with to get my ''average pill weight'' which turned out to be 172  from which I cut 1/8  which is .215 , what I need to know is do I keep 172 as my ''average pill weight''  for instance 1/8 of 172=.216  1/4 of 172=43  1/2 of 172=86.

Or do I need to weigh each batch of 10 pills and change my dose cuts? I weighed another 10 pills and that pill average is ''174'' as opposed to the first 10 of 172, or can I keep cutting at the same rate ( using 172 as my ''pill average') consistently right throughout my taper?

Also is there an easier way to cut the pills than I'm doing now as its really stressful, I cut them into 1/2 and two 1/4  then spilt 1/4 to get rid of 1/8 but I end up with lots of bits and powder, and worry that I maybe taking less than I think per dose plus I'm OCD about chuting amongst other things and its making things a lot harder and more suffering than is necessary.

I Went from C+H to  daily liquid micro taper and only managed to toss less than 1/2 of an 1/8 in 17 months which is ridiculous, and really suffered hell trying to get under 4mg liquid tapering. I then went back to C+h at 4mg August 19th as at that rate it would take me 8 years to get off 2mg and I had 4mg to taper. 

August 23rd I then cut 1/8 as I felt tragic back at 4mg and got worse by the day and  a big improvident for 6 days  by day 7 ( August 29th) felt tragic again so cut from 21.5/1/8 by another 1.5 to .23  okay for 2 days after cutting to .23 and have left rough from day 3 onwards but just about able to function but struggling so far for the last week.

But the pill cutting and weighing is freaking me out to the max and I'm sure there is a much easier way than I am doing right now but I can't think straight at all, and I like to cut a few days at least doses in advance in case I'm unable to do it as I have been  unable to the last few days.

I really would alike to be able to do  at least a week or two weeks in advance  so I can give my mind a break from worrying obsessively about pill cutting and weighing.  I am using Smart Weigh GEM20 High Precision Digital Milligram Scale 20 x 0.001g Ideal for Weighing Gems, Jewellery and other Precious Objects - Silver . I have 2 pairs and at times the difference can be .005 weight difference between the pair and I calibrate them every them I use them.

Hi Nova

I have the same scale and get fed up cutting too.

My next drop I will have to cut 2 X 1 mgs and drop 1mg in liquid.

Re the third decimal point ie .005 you can ignore the 5 bit it's minuscule.

When I cut a 2 mg pill I am looking to get half of 174 ( my average )

This comes out at .86.

It's ok for them to be .85 .86 or .87.

Hope it helps.

Hi Nova

This comes out at .86.

Hope it helps.

1/2 of 174 is 87. Not trying to be THAT guy, but.... :laugh:.  You are lucky that a few milligrams doesn't affect you. It does me.

Best,

Ed

Hi Nova

This comes out at .86.

Hope it helps.

Hi JP  :hug: I know its small amounts but cutting another .1.5 to make 21.5 23. has really effed me up, :D I'm very sensitive now to the most minute cuts, and the other thing I need to know about is changing my pill averages by each different  10 pills batch  weight or can I just carry on cutting at the original 172 batch weight irregardless of any ''pill average changes'' . 

Hang on I've just looked at it and I think I can just keep cutting at the original pill average as from 172 to 180 1/8 has a 1.5 difference.1/8 of 172= 21.5  .....1/8 of 180=22.5. I hope someone with a clearer thought pattern can tell me if that's correct and I can keep cutting at a 172 pill average weight ::)

Oh boy!! I hope I get better as I get lower again  trying to get from 5mg to 4mg was hard but trying to get under 4mg is a LOT worse, and my original dose was 20mg but I went into hell tolerance withdrawal for 10 years on it and never knew I kept getting misdiagnosed with all sorts. But began to feel better once I got down to under half the dose, from 5mg down  to 4mg has been :o but going under 4mg is  :D :D :D

Hi Nova

This comes out at .86.

Hope it helps.

1/2 of 174 is 87. Not trying to be THAT guy, but.... :laugh:.  You are lucky that a few milligrams doesn't affect you. It does me.

Best,

Ed

Ditto Ed ::)

Ed

What do you mean a few milligrams?

My pills weigh 172/174 and 176.

So it makes no difference if half a pill is .85/.87/86

It's fractions of a milligrams difference.

Not milligrams.😀

Ed

Not milligrams.😀

Your pills weigh 172, 174 or 176 MILLIGRAMS.  So in actuality, half of a pill is 86, 87, or 88 MILLIGRAMS.  In your post above, you aren't keeping consistent units of measurement. These either have to be looked at 172 to 86 OR .172 to .086. Either way, it is a matter of milligrams difference, not fractions of milligrams. But, once again, I'm happy that a few milligram swing of pill weight is no big difference to you.

Ed

Not milligrams.😀

Your pills weigh 172, 174 or 176 MILLIGRAMS.  So in actuality, half of a pill is 86, 87, or 88 MILLIGRAMS.  In your post above, you aren't keeping consistent units of measurement. These either have to be looked at 172 to 86 OR .172 to .086. Either way, it is a matter of milligrams difference, not fractions of milligrams. But, once again, I'm happy that a few milligram swing of pill weight is no big difference to you.

Actually Guys its MICROGRAMS, :) the pills weigh 2 MILLIGRAMS, 1.72 mg=1720 mcg (Micrograms) and even micrograms effect me :( That's why I said Ditto on MILLIGRAMS,  there is no way I can drop by Milligrams .

I did it once I dropped one and that's what's got me into this mess. I was cutting quarters by eyeballing  no scales and I wasn't without symptoms but I could carry on life as usual my symptoms never got in the way. Then by bad luck in my case I came across the Ashton manual  while reading BB before I joined saw the Ashton table and thought that was the way to go NO IT WAS NOT!

That 1mg cut started a cascade of even more ever worsening symptoms, and put me on my back and housebound, and the rare occasions I do get out I have to go out at 4-5am for a short walk in the dark while its quiet and even that's hell due to severe hyperacusis, tenacious tinnitus,    burning  and al sorts. And now half a microgram is enough for me to feel even worse :sick:

ALL my senses are now hypersensitive, my love of life and the world I love has become a place of fear most of the time another lovely symptom to my ever growing collection.  ::) But its taught me to truly appreciate the most tiny things I never even thought about before, like thinking a happy thought and feeling eternally grateful to be aware and enjoy that moment in time not take it for granted.

I hate the fact that we're chemically bound emotionally no matter what we do, the withdrawal/healing is the driver and we're just a passenger along on an awful ride for now. And its taught me that real wisdom is earned through  suffering along with true awareness of many  things .  And I also know this that this is one party I want to leave early for a change not  be the last one out ;)

Reposting my little update from the 3,2,1 support thread so I don't have to retype it, hope that's OK:

Just a quick update, still doing well here. I thought I was starting to have those "brain zaps" that I'd heard mentioned here, but my neck injury was flaring up and that has tapered off as that's gotten better, so I truly don't know. Last few days, minor headaches and that's about it. Anxiety has been nonexistent except when stuck in traffic or at red lights, which was an issue during my Ativan taper as well. I've mostly been able to keep myself calm through it.

It probably helps that I've been keeping busy helping others get to their doc appts, reassuring them during their anxiety, etc during this time. I swear getting out of your own head is half the battle. There's usually a second "hit" to this around day 8 or so... should be coming up. Let's see how it goes! :boxer:

Overall I am amazed at how well this is going and I'm hoping that I'm not going to get slammed at some point. I am determined not to let my brain get the best of me like it did with my Ativan taper. I literally can't afford (financially) to check out and give in to it. Maybe that necessity is what is helping me stay strong. Who knows? But so far, so good.