Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

:laugh:>:D Hi everyone! I just finally started my microtaper! So now I can officially post on the Forum. It's been almost 3 years since I attempted to drop my dosage on my own and found out, oops need to learn more. Thanks to Dr. Heather Ashton and to all the buddies past and present, I learned a lot on here. It's been a long and traumatic wait. I'm grateful to be balanced enough to start. Not to mention finally having barely enough money to pay the exobitant out of pocket fees for the only doc available.

So he uses a compounding pharmacy in San Francisco, my taper portion will be mailed monthly and I will be dropping my dose by just .1 mg/day. Will keep you posted, maybe do a 'blog. Doc says that at this rate, I should have minimal, if any, Sx. I'm aware that there will be times that it may get difficult. As long as I can function, and work at least part-time. OK that's it. Take care everyone, aloha, charlotte

Healing me dropping your dose by .1 per day means that you'll be reducing by 1mg every 10 days....that's very fast!!

:laugh:>:D Hi everyone! I just finally started my microtaper! So now I can officially post on the Forum. It's been almost 3 years since I attempted to drop my dosage on my own and found out, oops need to learn more. Thanks to Dr. Heather Ashton and to all the buddies past and present, I learned a lot on here. It's been a long and traumatic wait. I'm grateful to be balanced enough to start. Not to mention finally having barely enough money to pay the exobitant out of pocket fees for the only doc available.

So he uses a compounding pharmacy in San Francisco, my taper portion will be mailed monthly and I will be dropping my dose by just .1 mg/day. Will keep you posted, maybe do a 'blog. Doc says that at this rate, I should have minimal, if any, Sx. I'm aware that there will be times that it may get difficult. As long as I can function, and work at least part-time. OK that's it. Take care everyone, aloha, charlotte

Shamo is right.  You siggy says your dose is 13mg.  Dropping .1mg/day means that over the first month you will have cut 23%.  That is more than most can handle.

I am using a 10:1 solution of 1 ml Roxane liquid Valium and 9 ml water.

I am at 1.25 mg daily dose right now.

I am finishing a two month hold to stableize

Soon I will start my micro taper.

I will cut .01 every ten days then hold for 4 days.

That will be a cut of about 8% in 14 days.

Thinking ahead, should the percentages of my cuts be a lot lower as my dose gets a lot lower? That makes sense to me but I'm not  sure.

CAN ANYONE VALIDATE THAT THIS IS AN OK TAPER PLEASE?

Heathcliff.

Thanks Shamo and SG57, I think it's much slower. Sorry I was really fatigued last night but I was excited to post once I took that dose. I think the doc said it comes out to dropping 1 mg about every 20 days, and it's one "line" on the syringe for the compounded Rx liquid. He also said that some people drop a "line" every 2 days instead of daily. So I don't understand the exact ratio of liquid but hope this makes sense. Aloha, Charlotte

ATU I get the neck and shoulder pain. For my neck I wear a tempurpeudic neck collar (like you wear on a plane) and that relieves the pressure on my neck.  For my shoulder it is  the heating pad or ice. In between what I have been doing is yoga stretches in all these areas so the pain has become less intense. You can only start after you stop hurting but once you do if you do very mild stretches it helps and then doesn't come back as much or if it does it isn't as bad.  I also started doing a you tube exercise tape using my arms and legs - exercise has been very helpful for me with these muscle aches. 

ATU I get the neck and shoulder pain. For my neck I wear a tempurpeudic neck collar (like you wear on a plane) and that relieves the pressure on my neck.  For my shoulder it is  the heating pad or ice. In between what I have been doing is yoga stretches in all these areas so the pain has become less intense. You can only start after you stop hurting but once you do if you do very mild stretches it helps and then doesn't come back as much or if it does it isn't as bad.  I also started doing a you tube exercise tape using my arms and legs - exercise has been very helpful for me with these muscle aches.

Kgirl10,

Thank you for these suggestions.

I will google these stretches and practice some when the pain settles, right now I'm just wearing a heated bean collar or what ever it's called.

Much appreciated!  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

ATU

The neck pain is the real killer for me- ugh do I hate these drugs.

Kgirl,

Well you got yourself off of them and you are on the recovery road so you have a lot to be thankful for and to look forward to. The worst is behind you. Stay positive and who knows, that day when you wake up with no sxs could be just around the corner!  :thumbsup:

ATU

Thanks ATU - now for the most part it is my AM anxiety that is just always 'there'. Exercise has really helped me now that I can do it- before I could only do the yoga but as I went down I was able to do aerobics as well - either a you tube or outside walking or biking.  I love the Leslie Sansone walking you tubes she has some really easy ones to start out with -  an easy 1 mile walk.  For my yoga I just found some you tubes to work on the areas I need to do - it has also helped me a lot. 

Off to do my exercise and I hope you feel better soon. 

Thanks ATU - now for the most part it is my AM anxiety that is just always 'there'. Exercise has really helped me now that I can do it- before I could only do the yoga but as I went down I was able to do aerobics as well - either a you tube or outside walking or biking.  I love the Leslie Sansone walking you tubes she has some really easy ones to start out with -  an easy 1 mile walk.  For my yoga I just found some you tubes to work on the areas I need to do - it has also helped me a lot. 

Kgirl10,

I know I should be doing more exercise but sometimes it is just so hard. I want to get some routine in while the good weather is here because I know I will get down on myself once the fall/ winter set in.

I think I will start riding my bike a bit each day. :thumbsup:

ATU

Kgirl10,

I know I should be doing more exercise but sometimes it is just so hard. I want to get some routine in while the good weather is here because I know I will get down on myself once the fall/ winter set in.

I think I will start riding my bike a bit each day. :thumbsup:

ATU

I love my bike -but too hot now to use it.  One thing I have noticed is if you get in a routine and force yourself to exercise you will feel better and better - even if it is just 10 minutes a day.  :smitten:

When you get side effects during your taper, does that mean your brain is healing?

Also. Please explain homeostasis to me.

Thanks, Heathcliff

Has anyone found any self help techniques for the shoulder/neck/ jaw muscle pain?

Thanks a heap!

ATU

For the neck and shoulder, rest and heat. Jaw pain and tension has been my primary symptom thus far, and my advice for that is jaw massage. I'm sure you can find better instructions online, but basically I open my jaw slightly and feel my cheeks between the cheekbone and jawbone for that muscle that's too tight. I press into it like you would for trigger point massage, small circles with moderate pressure, and it really relieves it. I also try to keep my jaw loose throughout the day. Chewing gum seems to help relieve the tension too, but your mileage may vary on that.

Has anyone found any self help techniques for the shoulder/neck/ jaw muscle pain?

Thanks a heap!

ATU

For the neck and shoulder, rest and heat. Jaw pain and tension has been my primary symptom thus far, and my advice for that is jaw massage. I'm sure you can find better instructions online, but basically I open my jaw slightly and feel my cheeks between the cheekbone and jawbone for that muscle that's too tight. I press into it like you would for trigger point massage, small circles with moderate pressure, and it really relieves it. I also try to keep my jaw loose throughout the day. Chewing gum seems to help relieve the tension too, but your mileage may vary on that.

Solaceandpeace,

Thanks for that. I did exactly that yesterday and today the pain is much better.

It's good to know these things in case these sxs crop up again.

Hugs:

ATU

When you get side effects during your taper, does that mean your brain is healing?

Also. Please explain homeostasis to me.

Thanks, Heathcliff

Not sure if I know what you mean by homeostasis with regard to benzos, but I assume that just means reaching a state where you feel stable. Pethaps someone with more knowledge than me can address that.

About side effects and what your brain is actually doing, if you haven't read this thread yet, this is where you need to go (and it will make you feel very relieved, believe me!):

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.0

Homeostasis the body's natural ability to keep  processes and chemicals in close balance.  Homeostasis is why we become tolerant to the effects of benzos.  The body recognizes it this drug is unnaturally producing excess sedation and calm.  The body responds by becoming less responsive to the effects of the drug.

The body's ability to maintain an internal temp of approx 98.6 F regardless of external ambient temps is another example of homeostasis.

"the tendency of a system, especially the physiological system of higher animals, to maintain internal stability, owing to the coordinated response of its parts to any situation or stimulus that would tend to disturb its normal condition or function. "

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/homeostasis

Tex,

I see you were dosing 4 times a day and at what point did you change that in your taper?

Hi,

I did a dry taper,  I was cutting little by little,  then I start taking 3 times a day,  the morning was always my main dose.  then hold for a while, then 2 times a day,  holding.  then one time a day.  holding for months,  then jump from  0.02 mg. 

benzo free!    95% healed. 

I have waves if I leave my comfort zone.

Tex

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi everyone, just thought I'd post again that I've started my MT. I'm on day 6. Feeling very excited and happy to finally start after all these years. As this is a support thread, I'd hoped to have some support and maybe an "atta girl" from someone. I am very isolated, live away from my home and have no one to talk to here. I have gone through life hell these past 6 years and am still very transitional. I believe that what I'm doing is phenomenal considering. But it's always nice to get the support I keep reading about on here. I do give support to others, daily. Aloha, HM

Let me be the first to say ATTA GIRL, you will do this.  I am also on 3 meds to taper and know it will be very hard but all we can do is support each other.  You sound like you are doing well with MT.  I am going to start back and might try a liquid microtaper at some point.  I have been holding to try to stabilize as I got slammed my last cut so hopefully soon I will feel better.  Good luck and all the best to you.

Tex,

I see you were dosing 4 times a day and at what point did you change that in your taper?

Hi,

I did a dry taper,  I was cutting little by little,  then I start taking 3 times a day,  the morning was always my main dose.  then hold for a while, then 2 times a day,  holding.  then one time a day.  holding for months,  then jump from  0.02 mg. 

benzo free!    95% healed. 

I have waves if I leave my comfort zone.

Tex

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome to hear! I've just gone from 4x per day to 3x per day so this whole successful experience is inspiring to read! Excited for you! Congrats!

Hi everyone, just thought I'd post again that I've started my MT. I'm on day 6. Feeling very excited and happy to finally start after all these years. As this is a support thread, I'd hoped to have some support and maybe an "atta girl" from someone. I am very isolated, live away from my home and have no one to talk to here. I have gone through life hell these past 6 years and am still very transitional. I believe that what I'm doing is phenomenal considering. But it's always nice to get the support I keep reading about on here. I do give support to others, daily. Aloha, HM

Atta girl indeed! Remember that there will be both good and bad moments as you do this. I had a terrible night last night but I'm much better today. It's all temporary, so just move through it and know that it'll get better. We're all here for you!

Great job healingme. You're doing a great taper. Edzo-- Havent seen you around since the  msg incident. Wondering how things are with you?