Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hello,

I was many months in a low Valium dose  0.20 mg almost nothing, so when I jump I didn't feel anything. 

there was 2 things left: the tinnitus and the anxiety when I went to public places or met people.

then I found out that talking while eating was the worse trigger, then I found out that just talking too much on the phone or to anybody will trigger anxiety, then I was trying to fix it by singing alone,  to get use to my voice sound, 

until I sang too much that day,  I did in front of my wife, then I felt something weird.    I went to my bed and tried to relax, but it was too late.  BP and palpitations and anxiety,  I controlled very quick, I took an aspirin and 1 mg Valium, and I pinched my finger to measure my sugar(a nurse told me to lower the BP),  I was in control ,  but I was scared, I went to ER anyway.

then in ER i got more nervous.  The ER just told me that everything is fine.  they ran I lot of test. 

now I'm trying to recover and back to normal.  no depression until I force my self to cry.

hope we can get better sooner.

question:  My left hand tingled, and my legs too.  is the withdraw  or a bad circulation ? 

TEX

Thank you JustDoToday!

Still doing well. Today, the temple pulsing returned (no pain, but a physical pulsing that you can feel with your fingertips) as well as muscle spasms in my right leg (also not painful).

Serious question -- I understand the muscle spasms, but what's with the temple pulsing? Is that a muscle too? I tend to perceive it as a vein pulsing but I guess that may indeed be a muscle... this one symptom just puzzles me and I had it on my Ativan taper too.

:pokey: (seems appropriate!)

Hi Solace,

My mom had that temple pulse and sometimes jolts too.

It is definitely and Ativan thing.

But I've been off Ativan for quite some time now. I'm currently tapering Valium. Does anybody else get this when tapering V? Now I'm nervous that it's just me and not the benzos. Lol :wacko:

Hey Tex,

Is this the second time you took Valium while off?  Rescue doses do count.  Are you going to get rid of the Valium?  You don't want to end up kindling yourself and sensitize your CNS more.

Thank you JustDoToday!

Still doing well. Today, the temple pulsing returned (no pain, but a physical pulsing that you can feel with your fingertips) as well as muscle spasms in my right leg (also not painful).

Serious question -- I understand the muscle spasms, but what's with the temple pulsing? Is that a muscle too? I tend to perceive it as a vein pulsing but I guess that may indeed be a muscle... this one symptom just puzzles me and I had it on my Ativan taper too.

:pokey: (seems appropriate!)

Hi Solace,

My mom had that temple pulse and sometimes jolts too.

It is definitely and Ativan thing.

But I've been off Ativan for quite some time now. I'm currently tapering Valium. Does anybody else get this when tapering V? Now I'm nervous that it's just me and not the benzos. Lol :wacko:

Solaceandpeace,

I personally think it is just withdrawal. I get all sorts of these twitches and pulsings all over the place. I just ignor them now. Our bodies will come up with all sorts of crazy sensations and feelings during withdrawal. Try not to attach any thought of fear to them. They are just trying to trick us into believing something is wrong. Sensations can be disturbing I know but they are not dangerous so keep telling your self this over and over because to do the opposite will throw us into a vecious cycle of worry fear worry. We all know what that does to us.

Stay positive, it's just withdrawal and healing.👍

ATU

Definitely having the muscle spasams feet legs hands will actually close up.  Yes the temple pulsing, also stomach.  You can feel it and see it.  Like said here I believe it's the body healing and reacting.   

I try not too be over concerned as I've seen so many complaining about the same symptoms on here.  One day I was sure it was a stroke coming on.

Anyway trying to keep out of too many side affects so I can function.  Finding it impossible to get around having some. 

Looking forward to feeling up to going out again 8). Get some fresh air and sun.  Won't be today though not feeling good.  Lol I think I've heard it called the benzos flu.  Anyway not going to say all is great when it isn't.  Not giving up that's for sure.  Take care everyone :smitten:. Dolly

Definitely having the muscle spasams feet legs hands will actually close up.  Yes the temple pulsing, also stomach.  You can feel it and see it.  Like said here I believe it's the body healing and reacting.   

I try not too be over concerned as I've seen so many complaining about the same symptoms on here.  One day I was sure it was a stroke coming on.

Anyway trying to keep out of too many side affects so I can function.  Finding it impossible to get around having some. 

Looking forward to feeling up to going out again 8). Get some fresh air and sun.  Won't be today though not feeling good.  Lol I think I've heard it called the benzos flu.  Anyway not going to say all is great when it isn't.  Not giving up that's for sure.  Take care everyone :smitten:. Dolly

Surviving Benzo taper,

Dolly, I am doing the same thing, tapering slow enough to stay functional.

I know I am turtling with my cut and holds but it seems those who go slow get there in one piece!

I hope that's the case.

Take care

ATU

I get twitches in my temples, kidney areas, pecs, as well as the usual places including my butt! Don't concern yourself; it's just another sx.

Best,

Ed

Thanks all of you! I'm not worried about it, was just curious about it. I'll bet it is a muscle in our temples and not a vein at all.

It's definitely my number one priority to NOT worry about any of these symptoms and just let myself feel them and experience them as they are. Anxiety was the reason I got on these stupid pills to begin with, and learning real coping skills for anxiety was something that I made sure to do after that messed up Ativan taper and before this Valium taper.

Appreciate your input, everyone! Still doing well here. 👍

Hello everybody, 

Hi ATU. 

I'm  2 months benzo free,  I have some anxiety episodes everyday, I counted to see my progress.

my symptoms now are:

Tinnitus, social anxiety, 

my new symptom:    I cant be sit in a chair, my hand start tingling, and I get anxious. 

I have to be stand  up, walking, lay  in my bed or in a recliner position, I go to work  and  recline my self in my chair.  I can't sit normal    y.

Any body have any idea?   

Thanks

TEX

Hello everybody, 

Hi ATU. 

I'm  2 months benzo free,  I have some anxiety episodes everyday, I counted to see my progress.

my symptoms now are:

my new symptom:    I cant be sit in a chair, my hand start tingling, and I get anxious. 

I have to be stand  up, walking, lay  in my bed or in a recliner position, I go to work  and  recline my self in my chair.  I can't sit normal    y.

Any body have any idea?   

Thanks

TEX

Tex,

This sounds like regular anxiety to me. Restlessness, can't sit still long, feel like you have to be moving etc.

You are doing great my friend, you are bound to have some anxiety now and then. You have to learn to fully accept it and not fight it. Then it will settle over time.

Remember to yourself, these feelings and sensations are bothersome but not dangerous. Give no thought of danger to them. It takes practice but you will succeed.  :thumbsup:

Stay well my friend.

ATU

Hi. I haven't posted for a long time. I'm down to 1.3mg. Think I'm getting hit with some w/d today. At what rate are people cutting when at 1.3mg? I was losing about .3mg a month. Is it possible I need to slow down? This is taking FOREVER!!

Hi. I haven't posted for a long time. I'm down to 1.3mg. Think I'm getting hit with some w/d today. At what rate are people cutting when at 1.3mg? I was losing about .3mg a month. Is it possible I need to slow down? This is taking FOREVER!!

Mm74,

Don't worry about how long it takes,..it will be done when it's done.

At 1.3 you will want to take it slow the rest of the way. Only you know what that is though.

In my opinion as long as you are decreasing you are doing fine. Small cuts are the ticket!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

ATU

Hey Tex,

Is this the second time you took Valium while off?  Rescue doses do count.  Are you going to get rid of the Valium?  You don't want to end up kindling yourself and sensitize your CNS more.

Arcade,

Thank you very much,  I took only once,  but I carried everywhere with me, aspirin, mineral water, blood pressure machine, and more, I like to be prepare,  I  put down  the worse panic attack ever in 30 seconds, I took an aspirin, 1mg valium, took my blood sugar, and drink mineral water, done. I stopped it.   

driving a car for long time is so bad.    that day I drove 3 hours in traffic. 

I didn't have this in 2 years.  :(

but I bounce back to normal so quick.

now my hand tingle.    F  I want to laugh  :(

Thanks

Tex

Hello everybody, 

Hi ATU. 

my symptoms now are:

Any body have any idea?   

Thanks

TEX

Tex,

This sounds like regular anxiety to me. Restlessness, can't sit still long, feel like you have to be moving etc.

You are doing great my friend, you are bound to have some anxiety now and then. You have to learn to fully accept it and not fight it. Then it will settle over time.

Remember to yourself, these feelings and sensations are bothersome but not dangerous. Give no thought of danger to them. It takes practice but you will succeed.  :thumbsup:

Stay well my friend.

ATU

Atu my friend,

My tears are coming now, even though my  depression is gone, and I don't cry anymore. 

but  my gratitude to you made my cried this time.

I don't know what would happened to me with out you guys.  I remember so many times you helped me. 

Get well soon,  slow taper is the best way,  I was many months in 0.30 mg valium. 

Tex

Hello everybody, 

Hi ATU. 

my symptoms now are:

Any body have any idea?   

Thanks

TEX

Tex,

Stay well my friend.

ATU

Atu my friend,

My tears are coming now, even though my  depression is gone, and I don't cry anymore. 

but  my gratitude to you made my cried this time.

I don't know what would happened to me with out you guys.  I remember so many times you helped me. 

Get well soon,  slow taper is the best way,  I was many months in 0.30 mg valium. 

Tex

Tex,

Right now I am waiting to feel better at 1.75 mg. V. I do not seem to be getting my usual relief after holding.

This is crazy.

I need to find my way out of this mess.

You are going to be fine Tex, just give it time now and work on acceptance and learning ways to calm your mind.

Hugs buddy!

ATU

Hang in there, ATU, my friend.

Many, many times on those dratted small doses I had to hold until I felt well enough to go on. But you know what? Even creeping towards the finish line counts. Even if we proceed at a snail's pace, with many stops and starts, we get there.

I sure hope you get some relief soon. You have had a rough time of it, buddy.

I'm thinking of you.

:smitten:

Katz

Atu,

It will be better soon.    I hold and cut,  very slow,  now I feel normal,  just little things.  but most days normal.

the tingle in my hand is bother me now.  that spoil the moment.

but It's 100% better than before. 

I do a lot of thing now.  go to the beach, parties, work, gym.

I have a social phobia still. 

you will be fine, just push it. 

TEX

Atu,

It will be better soon.    I hold and cut,  very slow,  now I feel normal,  just little things.  but most days normal.

the tingle in my hand is bother me now.  that spoil the moment.

but It's 100% better than before. 

I do a lot of thing now.  go to the beach, parties, work, gym.

I have a social phobia still. 

you will be fine, just push it. 

TEX

Tex,

Thanks for your support Tex.

I know I'll get through this but at times as you know we get scared it will not get better.

I'll be fine and I am so glad to hear the great spirit in your words.

Take care:

ATU

You're doing great, Tex. You're a real trooper! Soon all this will be a distant memory. You will be able to do better in social situations . . . it just takes time and a bit of practice.

Katz

Just checking in. Finally hit some real wd symptoms in the last two days. Ear pain and heart palpitations. I was really hoping the metoprolol (for blood pressure) would keep me out of this area. Guess not. So these are safe, huh? Nothing to worry about? Just let that sinking-chest/skip-a-beat feeling happen and wait for it to end? :-[

Its a common s/x but still if its really a lot I would check with Dr. to make sure.  I had them a long time and they then went away and lately they are back some, very light but still its a scary feeling.  Hope everyone feels better.  You are on such low doses, you will be done soon.  I will be on forever lol but whatever, one step at a time.

Its a common s/x but still if its really a lot I would check with Dr. to make sure.  I had them a long time and they then went away and lately they are back some, very light but still its a scary feeling.  Hope everyone feels better.  You are on such low doses, you will be done soon.  I will be on forever lol but whatever, one step at a time.

Freeme,

Don't worry about being on or how long it will take to get off the valium.

The key is to go at a rate that keeps you stable so that by the time you are done, you will be healed or almost there.

Going too fast, just means longer suffering.

Thank you MRT,  I am holding all meds right now as I had surgery, a heart chemical stress test and bunch of other things.  I tried two tiny cuts around a month post surgery and was slammed.  I have been so sick I couldn't taper anymore.  I am feeling better but the burning is the worst.  I will soon try to start tapering again.  It is not a race and I must do what I can to feel better first.  You are a wonderful person who helps your mother, God bless you.  Please keep us informed as to how she does, I hope she knows what a wonderful child she has. 

Thank you MRT,  I am holding all meds right now as I had surgery, a heart chemical stress test and bunch of other things.  I tried two tiny cuts around a month post surgery and was slammed.  I have been so sick I couldn't taper anymore.  I am feeling better but the burning is the worst.  I will soon try to start tapering again.  It is not a race and I must do what I can to feel better first.  You are a wonderful person who helps your mother, God bless you.  Please keep us informed as to how she does, I hope she knows what a wonderful child she has. 

I am sorry you have the burning.

I update my mom's progress in the plog link in my sig.

That is a really horrible symptom that my mom had worst during her first withdrawal, but it went away.

She only got buring maybe a handful of times far apart during the valium wd.

She didn't even have any burning during the acute phase off the valium this time, so it does go away.

I wish I could have known how my mom was feeling because she wouldn't tell me or didn't know how to.

If I had been able to hold and take it as slow as her body needed, things would have gone much smoother.

We went too fast many times because it caused an autoimmune disease that the treatments were not putting her into remission.

Hopefully, soon she will go into remission.

Just keep going at a rate that works for you and don't worry about when you are off.

The key is being as stable as possible til you recover.

Bart recovered while tapering.