Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

All of you... Bless all your hearts for the much needed info ....And maya thank you so much for the contact... Xxx

please,

Anytime. I have my PMs turned on just for those on my buddy list(which you are part of now)right now becasue I feel bad if I don't answer new people right away. 23andme now does do some health reports now as well as ancestry, but not the ones about metabolizing meds. Also it will take around two months. Genetic testing just confirmed what I already knew. I am not sure what you story is, but my best advice is just to dose when needed and keep levels even, if having issues with interdose withdrawal. No matter how you metabolize you will be fine!

:smitten:

XO Maya

[bf...]

I have benzo brain.  Totally slipped my mind Marija has it too, even though we've talked about it before!

How are you, Hope? 

Benzo brain is my daily, unwanted companion:). Lucky I could remember I had it ;)

Speedy post surgical healing to you!

Marija

[bf...]

Does anyone know the name of a test that shows if you are a slow or fast metabolizer of Valium or kolonopin..... I could of sworn there was a member on here who said she was a fast metabolizer.... please anyone with this info.... Desperate for help with this......

Maya6842 is a rapid metabolizer. Send her a pm, she knows a lot about it.

Hope thank you so much.....her PMS are turned off I think because i tried to contact her earlier....Someone else gave me info too....

I will check out the ones below too...thank you so so much..;

Just added you to my buddy list, so you can PM me anytime if you want  :smitten:

Marija,

Hi! I am glad you are doing so well. I think of you often and hope you are well  :smitten:

Genelex has a sliding scale. If you are not working p40 is $50 and nat2 is $20. Also some insurances will cover it. You can call them and they are very helpful.

XO Maya

((())) Maya !

Think of you too and always tracking your progress. Hoping your gi has settled allowing you a much needed respite from pain.

My symptons are slows a box of chocolates.....I never no what I'm going to get from day to day, but I'm moving forward.

Sending you much love and friendship. We're getting there!!!

Marija

Thank you!!! It has settled down, but it is the hardest part of my taper. I need to be more cautious not to upset my stomach. I am holding longer even though not feeling my cut anymore. Like you said we never know what we are going to get it. I am glad you have made so much progress and are moving forward. I am always here for you if you want to talk just PM me. I am always thinking of you, wishing you well, and cheering you on! We will get there!!!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lots of love, light, and hugs,

Maya

Maya,

Thank you.  And, like wise.

I'm not always the fastest at responding with 2 young teens out for the summer, but; always look forward to a pm to connect and send care.

You take good care:)

Marija

I have benzo brain.  Totally slipped my mind Marija has it too, even though we've talked about it before!

How are you, Hope? 

Benzo brain is my daily, unwanted companion:). Lucky I could remember I had it ;)

Speedy post surgical healing to you!

Marija

I'm hanging in there. Big surgery to recover from but a little better every day. I see my oncologist this week for the rest of the treatment plan  :P

All of you... Bless all your hearts for the much needed info ....And maya thank you so much for the contact... Xxx

please,

Anytime. I have my PMs turned on just for those on my buddy list(which you are part of now)right now becasue I feel bad if I don't answer new people right away. 23andme now does do some health reports now as well as ancestry, but not the ones about metabolizing meds. Also it will take around two months. Genetic testing just confirmed what I already knew. I am not sure what you story is, but my best advice is just to dose when needed and keep levels even, if having issues with interdose withdrawal. No matter how you metabolize you will be fine!

:smitten:

XO Maya

Ok. Thank you so much...

Are most ppl here doing daily tapers or cut and hold? Has anyone figured out a consensus on what seems to be working better for most ppl?

Just curious.

Are most ppl here doing daily tapers or cut and hold? Has anyone figured out a consensus on what seems to be working better for most ppl?

Just curious.

Small daily cuts should always be more tolerable than  bigger periodic cuts.

I am an ultra rapid metabolizer on one pathway and normal on the other. I did the 23 and me dna test then sent the results to livewello for interpretation. I am really glad I did since the nurse told me it was all in my head that I have to dose multiple times a day. Its not in my head, its in my liver!

Just found them in case it helps- P450 and CYP3A4 are the valium pathways that showed up on my test. I didnt see klonopin, hopefully someone else can help on that.

Just found them in case it helps- P450 and CYP3A4 are the valium pathways that showed up on my test. I didnt see klonopin, hopefully someone else can help on that.

Thank you so much kitty bean bag!!! Every bit of info helps.....

I am an ultra rapid metabolizer on one pathway and normal on the other. I did the 23 and me dna test then sent the results to livewello for interpretation. I am really glad I did since the nurse told me it was all in my head that I have to dose multiple times a day. Its not in my head, its in my liver!

Hi, How often do you dose and what are your doses? If you don't mind me asking.

I am starting to think that is my problem...always around 8 hours after last dose I start to get very ill feeling and my head is so whacked out. I dose 2 xs a day  but wondering if I should try 3?

I am still working things out. I had swapped from xanax dose for dose and I just stayed on that schedule, but valium made me tired so I took as little as I could to hold down symptoms. So Im at around 10.75 mg and I take a half mg with each meal and the big dose at bedtime. I think once every 8 hours might work for me too. I wanted to keep my night dose big since I mainly took benzos for sleep. Its definitely a trial and error thing.

Actually I might start moving a little more of my night dose to day to see if it works better, like 2 mg total daytime instead of 1.5. Im cutting tiny doses every other night since Im still not feeling right, and I felt pretty good for 10 or so days after finishing my crossover. I dont think its the missing of the xanax for me since I did it so gradually- I guess its just a matter of keep on trying. Good luck- it cant hurt to try the 8 hour thing. Everyone says even doses work best but I never dosed xanax in the daytime so its really hard for me to dose much in the day- Im scared I wont sleep...

Maya,

Thank you.  And, like wise.

I'm not always the fastest at responding with 2 young teens out for the summer, but; always look forward to a pm to connect and send care.

You take good care:)

Marija

Marija,

I completely understand. I can take a bit to respond and I don't have kids. I will PM you soon. I hope you are having a good night. I am always thrilled to hear from you!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Just curious.

libr,

I do better with cut and hold. I think most of the regulars on this thread do MT. It is like anything else with benzos, different things work better for different people at different times. I tried both. I also may try MTing again at another time. I don't completely rule it out. I see many do well with both. Many do cut and hold and then switch to MT at a lower dose. I just wrote to you about acupuncture on the Ashton thread where most people there are doing cut and hold with V. You just have to find what works best for you.

lainey

I know your question was to kitty beanbag, but I hope it's ok if I give some advice. I would try dosing every 8 hours then. Even with extensive (normal) metabolizers there is a variance in half life.

XO Maya

thanks MAYA, just am in a long hold right now and scares me to change anything...I definitely have gotten PTSD from all this

Interesting you mention PTSD.  My psychologist said its what I have now.  I totally agree with that. My house feels like a trigger.

Lainey,  I dose twice a day and tried to do three and it felt awful so I'm scared to try again.  I guess I need to leave well enough alone but thought like you it would help but I only did it one day.  I really don't feel like I get I/D w/d's but thought it might ease my symptoms if I tried 3 times a day but I don't think I'll do that again.

Ed, thank you, I think I'm just going to try to tough it out and spray on some Biofreeze when it acts up. I can always ask about muscle relaxers in a separate thread if necessary, but honestly I'm not too apt to reach for anything else pharmacological now or in the future. I take my BP meds religiously and they've saved my life (had high BP even when I was thin and healthy, got some weight to lose now but let me not go off on a tangent here, lol), but other than that, pfft... once these benzos are out of my system, they're gonna have to hold me down and force me to take anything with addictive/dependent potential! Ugh! I definitely learned a lot from this experience.

Today is cut #2. Staying optimistic and keeping my brain occupied with TV and books when I'm not working!

Emdr is supposed to be great for PTSD. Just a thought.

There is a little info on the alternative therapy board.

MT at the end- makes sense. I just don't want to make another mistake. Mistakes are so costly in this stupid game!

I posted this on the taper board too.I know some try to eventually get on Valium for the long taper especially those who have been on Ativan and Xanax. My problem with Valium it's where I have been and I get no relief whatsoever. I must get a little because I'm not in total panic and anxiety. Could a person crossover from Valium to say klonopin or Librium ? I'm pretty close to tolerance withdrawal on the Valium.Any suggestions? Are any of the Valium users in tolerance ? I am thinking I need to speed things up or something.

Pitchman: IMHO klonopin is poison as are all of these drugs. I have read Klonopin is harder to get off of then any other benzo - but what do I know it was my poison that I had been given for years so it was what I had to 'get off of'.  I wouldn't recommend it. 

A suggestion which some of us have done with the Valium - we use both the Valium and our original poison to taper.  That is go back on your Xanax which I assume worked for you and leave in some of the Valium you are taking.  I left in 2 mg of Valium when I had to cross back to Klonopin. I could not tolerate the Valium at all due to s/x of nausea and lots of other things.  I was a complete mess on the Valium.  I crossed back to my original dose of the K left in 2 mg of Valium - waited about a month and then started tapering just the K.  Hopefully the bit of Valium you would leave in would give you some coverage between the doses of the Xanax.  One of the benzo buddies - Ellen- did this and I know Bets and Can Do also did this with K and Valium.  Bets is doing well with no s/x on her taper, Can Do, Ellen and I - well it hasn't been fun but it is doable. 

I know others here take Librium so I can't speak to how that works.  I hope you find something that works for you.  BTW speeding things up I don't think ever helped anyone here at least as far as I know. 

Thanks for the suggestion kgirl but Xanax is my poison. To me it is so addicting and more craving than the Valium. Hopefully can get something figured out.

Thanks for the suggestion kgirl but Xanax is my poison. To me it is so addicting and more craving than the Valium. Hopefully can get something figured out.

Pitchman I think all of these drugs are poison.  K works longer than the Xanax but is awful to come off of - I guess you need to find the poison that works for you.  K did not give me the nausea that Valium did that is the only positive thing I can say about it now since it was a bear to get off of for me.

I hope you find something that works for you. 

You may also metabolize valium rapidly. I thought initially it wasnt working for me till I had a DNA test run and found out I metabolized it too rapidly so I split up the doses and dosed it like I was doing the xanax before. Its better. Not right yet, but better. At least it gave me some hope. I hope you figure something out.