Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I can't speak for myself yet since I'm only at 4.5. But I recall one member who had been tapering Ashton style, got hit hard at 4mg and held for a month. Then one she recovered she continued tapering Ashton style and jumped at 1mg. I remember she was tempted to jump at 2mg since she was feeling that good, but waited another week and cut to 1mg. She wrote her success story two months after the jumping. So not everyone suffers the rest of the way down.

I can't speak for myself yet since I'm only at 4.5. But I recall one member who had been tapering Ashton style, got hit hard at 4mg and held for a month. Then one she recovered she continued tapering Ashton style and jumped at 1mg. I remember she was tempted to jump at 2mg since she was feeling that good, but waited another week and cut to 1mg. She wrote her success story two months after the jumping. So not everyone suffers the rest of the way down.

Thank you for your feedback. Of course, one taper doesn't influence another, but it is nice to hear something positive. I'm currently doing the daily taper and have struggled for about the last 1.2mg down to where I am now at 4.2mg.  I'm considering a hold and then going back to cut and hold just to see what happens.

How are you feeling at 4.5mg?

Best,

Ed

Edzo.......Thanks for asking. Daily milk tiratioñ.  Been dropping milk tiratioñ  0.13 mg a day.  It's been 18 days.  I did have to hold  at one point.  Thought going good then today sick all day into the sweats and crying by this evening. Emotional dow a little panicky.  .  I was concerned I would not keep it down.

Insomnia.  I'm thinking I will see how I am tomorrow as it was a bit much yesterday. It's the middle of the night now.  You get so beat.

Now it seems I'm on the right path.  Been pretty screwed up coming off this stuff.  Hard to follow directions.  Like it's said here each day different.  I know I can't drop any faster that's for sure.  Hanging in there with everybody here.    :thumbsup:

Edzo.......Thanks for asking. Daily milk tiratioñ.  Been dropping milk tiratioñ  0.13 mg a day.  It's been 18 days.  I did have to hold  at one point.  Thought going good then today sick all day into the sweats and crying by this evening. Emotional dow a little panicky.  .  I was concerned I would not keep it down.

Insomnia.  I'm thinking I will see how I am tomorrow as it was a bit much yesterday. It's the middle of the night now.  You get so beat.

Now it seems I'm on the right path.  Been pretty screwed up coming off this stuff.  Hard to follow directions.  Like it's said here each day different.  I know I can't drop any faster that's for sure.  Hanging in there with everybody here.    :thumbsup:

Well, keep up the good work!  This is a real challenge. I find I can get down about a total of .14 to .20 using titration and then I have to hold no matter how small my incremental steps are. I hear you about every day being different. Some days it's tough to even get out of bed or off the couch in my case.  One thing's for sure...we'll be much stonger people when this is all done!

Keep in touch,

Ed

Hi edzo and grapejuice, that member was ego trapped. You can search for her success story.

I think we often have doses during the taper that we are afraid of. I was terrified of 2 mg because that was where I had difficult withdrawal symptoms previously and ended up reinstating. Once I got there the second time I continued to take it one step at time (which for me was 0.25 mg every 2 weeks) and it really wasnt worse than the rest of the taper. Looking back at the whole taper, there really was no "wall", just some cuts were worse than others.  Tapering gave me a lot of confidence in my healing. Just think - you arent requiring your original dose anymore, so your receptors have already proven they can heal. The healing will continue.

JKS

Hello Fellow Benzo Warriors -- I wanted to check in and offer encouragement to you. I'm now at .9mg of Valium and managing pretty well. My tapering experience could be beneficial to those of you on this journey. I have found that I do fine if I don't withdraw by more than 7% over a two week period.

I use liquid Valium and am now counting the drops. Seems that .5 mg = 13 drops. I take .5 and then refill the syringe to .5 and remove a drop every four or five days.

We just went through a very traumatic home remodeling project that left us without use of our kitchen and we now have several more months without it and already paid the contractor that we had to fire. We have to redo the entire project since we discovered they didn't obtain permits. We will get through this and I know good will come from this situation. Intense anxiety resurfaced from this situation so I can't tell what's withdrawal symptoms and what's from the trauma of the remodeling.

I am counting my blessings and putting this situation in God's hands as I have with the Benzo withdrawal. I haven't exercised since April, and that had been my biggest help (in addition to prayer) with withdrawing. So today I'm off to the gym. One foot in front of the other.... :thumbsup:

The best advice I have received from others is to take it slow with the withdrawal-- it's not a race. Then distract yourself with low-stress, healthy activities such a exercise, walking, being with friends, gardening...whatever you're able to do.

Things will get better!

Hello,

For those of you who hit the proverbial "wall" at around 4mg, was there a point at which you broke through or was it just devastatingly painful the rest of the way down?

Thanks for your input.

Best,

Ed

i

The only point in my taper where I was significantly symptomatic was 3.5mg.  I did a hold, updose, and lowered my cut rate.  I had no firther sxs during the rest my taper.

Ed and buddies,

I have had a hard time getting below 4 mg and stabilising. I was hit with benzo flu, sickness the first .50 cut, then on a .25 cut, I had insomnia and nerve pain. I decided to change my way of cutting and I am presently cutting 1/8th so smaller yet again. I am shaving off these amounts and using a scales. I have managed to stabilise 4th attempt at under 4 mg and am grateful to be at 3.625.  I will hold until the end of the month after the latest cut. I know I can up dose as I did each time I got slammed. This journey is humbling. :thumbsup: Try, Try and Try again. :thumbsup: However, this is the first sustained glitch since I started coming off 30 mg 2 years ago.  I start CBT in July and may hold for a few months to try this therapy.  I want to enjoy the Summer and I can cut the last of this drug best during the Winter months. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I hope to be done in December........no medals, no competition.  Going as slow as my body requires seems to be the best way for me. :thumbsup:

Love Moya XXX

Thank you for your feedback. Of course, one taper doesn't influence another, but it is nice to hear something positive. I'm currently doing the daily taper and have struggled for about the last 1.2mg down to where I am now at 4.2mg.  I'm considering a hold and then going back to cut and hold just to see what happens.

How are you feeling at 4.5mg?

Best,

Ed

4.5 has been a rough cut for me (10%). Lots of fatigue, muscle aches, ears zapping, head humming and more nervousness. No brief windows like I usually have. It's been two weeks and I finally feel like I've been stabilizing in the past day or two. I going to hold a few more days to recover and then resume with smaller .25mg cuts.

Moya...your doing so good.  Gives us hope.  Not near as low as you are,. Yet I can

relate to these symptoms and I'm convinced I need to hold.  You have come so far and thanks for letting us know what your experiencing. :thumbsup:

Hi All,

Such great feedback from ALL of you.  I thank you so much for your input.  Grace, congratulations on getting so low!  Builder, I envy your taper--it doesn't matter how slowly I taper as of late--I'm still symptomatic.  Moya, I like that 7% cut idea.  And I admire your perseverance. Grapejuice, that sounds like a good idea to hold a bit longer and reduce your cut. What can it hurt?  Still in awe of you SBT!  JKS, thank you for your input here and on the other thread.  If I've forgotten anyone, my apologies, but I've read it all and appreciate it all.

I hope you all are able to enjoy this lovely Sunday. I'm going to do my best.

Thanks again!

--Ed

Hey all, glad to hear you're all hanging in there and getting through it. :smitten:

I very happily found a shortcut for this work project that had been stressing me out, and now I'm really enjoying it. So that's one but of stress off me, one more step toward keeping it cool and not wearing myself out.

Unfortunately that neck pain is back today, so maybe it really was WDs last time and not an injury, because I definitely didn't do anything to cause it this time. Are muscle relaxers safe to take during benzo WD? I'm trying to just tough it out but we do have a large stash of methocarbamol on hand (hope I'm spelling that right or even naming the right drug) and I'd love to know if it's even an option to take it if it gets really bad.

Other than that, doing well. :thumbsup: Next cut is Wednesday. Nervous but also kinda excited if that makes sense, because so far I have more energy and I think I've actually had LESS panicky moments since I started cutting. I know it won't be easy all the way down but I have a feeling it won't be too bad until the halfway point or maybe the dreaded 4 mg.

Terrific job on your taper!  I wish I could give you some info on your question regarding muscle relaxants, but maybe someone else can chime in.  I CAN tell you that I'm much more susceptible to soft tissue soreness then ever before.  Before this issue began, I'd never get soreness in my neck unless I really, really slept on it wrong. It took a heavy workout to get muscle soreness in my leg muscles and glutes. Now I get sore from a simple 1 mile stroll (on days I can manage that).

Keep up the great  work!

Best,

Ed

Hi everyone,

I hope all you wonderful supporters are doing well. I look forward to the time I can "pay it forward" like you all are doing and helping so many people like me.

I can only taper in very small amounts. I am presently at 1.25 mg. I recently tapered from 1.5 and hit a wall. It was a 1/8 mg reduction. (Too much) and only after three weeks on previous dose. I am now doing better after two weeks of bad withdrawal. I have begun to stabilize. I will stay here for two more weeks before tapering again.

Please tell me,anyone, if this is a good plan that I am considering.

I will use Liquid Valium and a 1 mg syringe for oral dosing.

The 1 mg syringe has markings every .1 mgs. I plan to use the half way marks and reduce by .05 ( or .06 if that marking is easier to use) every 5 or 6 days. It will take some time to get to zero but I'm hoping the tiny cuts will make my withdrawal much easier on me in regards to withdrawal effects.

Does this make sense? 

-

I saw something similar by Diaz-Pam but not exactly the same. Thanks to Diaz-Pam for posting her schedule. It gave me this idea.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has posted in this support group! I had no idea how hard it would be to get off this drug. You all are helping me SOOO very much. I can not properly express how thankful and grateful I am!

Thanks, Heathcliff

Does anyone know the name of a test that shows if you are a slow or fast metabolizer of Valium or kolonopin..... I could of sworn there was a member on here who said she was a fast metabolizer.... please anyone with this info.... Desperate for help with this......

Does anyone know the name of a test that shows if you are a slow or fast metabolizer of Valium or kolonopin..... I could of sworn there was a member on here who said she was a fast metabolizer.... please anyone with this info.... Desperate for help with this......

Maya6842 is a rapid metabolizer. Send her a pm, she knows a lot about it.

[6f...]

Like Maya, I'm a rapid metabilzer for CYP2c19, one on V's major pathways.

You can have this tested several ways.

1.  23and me - https://www.23andme.com/

This is a genetics test you order on line. They will send you a buccal swab kit. You send them back a sample and they will run your genetic results. When I took the test, 23 and me were only permitted, by law, to supply raw data information requiring patients to then up load the raw data for interpretation at one of the following:

A) www.Livewello.com

B) https://mthfrsupport.com/ (Sterling Report)

2.  Or, if your doctor is willing to write the order, you can have your P450 phase I liver enzymes tested by a lab called Genelex. They will provide results of your enzyme status directly without requiring further interpretation.

Marija

[6f...]

Here is an interesting article from the Washington Post speaking to genome testing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/wellness/2006/04/18/liver-success-span-classbankheademerging-enzyme-test-can-predict-drug-side-effectsspan/5a941721-2686-40f7-ae7f-8858417f0ad4/

Depending on ones insurance, the P450 test may be fully covered.

Mine was with the exception of the NAT2, phase II liver pathway responsible for the final biotransformation and elimination of Klonopin. That was an additional $200.

Marija

Hope thank you so much.....her PMS are turned off I think because i tried to contact her earlier....Someone else gave me info too....

I will check out the ones below too...thank you so so much..;

Here is an interesting article from the Washington Post speaking to genome testing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/wellness/2006/04/18/liver-success-span-classbankheademerging-enzyme-test-can-predict-drug-side-effectsspan/5a941721-2686-40f7-ae7f-8858417f0ad4/

Depending on ones insurance, the P450 test may be fully covered.

Mine was with the exception of the NAT2, phase II liver pathway responsible for the final biotransformation and elimination of Klonopin. That was an additional $200.

Marija

Thank you so much Marija... I'm also forwarding to my dr!!!!! Bless you!!!!

Hope thank you so much.....her PMS are turned off I think because i tried to contact her earlier....Someone else gave me info too....

Just added you to my buddy list, so you can PM me anytime if you want  :smitten:

Marija,

Hi! I am glad you are doing so well. I think of you often and hope you are well  :smitten:

Genelex has a sliding scale. If you are not working p40 is $50 and nat2 is $20. Also some insurances will cover it. You can call them and they are very helpful.

XO Maya

[6f...]

Just added you to my buddy list, so you can PM me anytime if you want  :smitten:

Marija,

Hi! I am glad you are doing so well. I think of you often and hope you are well  :smitten:

Genelex has a sliding scale. If you are not working p40 is $50 and nat2 is $20. Also some insurances will cover it. You can call them and they are very helpful.

XO Maya

((())) Maya !

Think of you too and always tracking your progress. Hoping your gi has settled allowing you a much needed respite from pain.

My symptons are slows a box of chocolates.....I never no what I'm going to get from day to day, but I'm moving forward.

Sending you much love and friendship. We're getting there!!!

Marija

All of you... Bless all your hearts for the much needed info ....And maya thank you so much for the contact... Xxx

Marija,

XO Maya

((())) Maya !

Think of you too and always tracking your progress. Hoping your gi has settled allowing you a much needed respite from pain.

My symptons are slows a box of chocolates.....I never no what I'm going to get from day to day, but I'm moving forward.

Sending you much love and friendship. We're getting there!!!

Marija

Thank you!!! It has settled down, but it is the hardest part of my taper. I need to be more cautious not to upset my stomach. I am holding longer even though not feeling my cut anymore. Like you said we never know what we are going to get it. I am glad you have made so much progress and are moving forward. I am always here for you if you want to talk just PM me. I am always thinking of you, wishing you well, and cheering you on! We will get there!!!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lots of love, light, and hugs,

Maya