Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I took .5 Ativan 3 times weekly

Little did I know bc I am a slow metabolizer it was as if I took it daily.. For four mos. roughly about 2mg Valium per day

Let me tell you my accidental cold turkey ( didn't know I was addicted) was so shocking my magnesium levels plummeted to almost zero and I was about to check into a mental hospital

Yes I am am skinny had kindled ( was given Valium 20 years ago on/off no usage for 8 years for bladder issue) so I am extra vulnerable and my nervous system was whacked out

Pls don't jump at 2. I did and held for 3 wks and pretty much went crazy.

Keep going

Don't worry! I'm at 4.48mg and have no plans on going cold turkey at any point.  ;D  Just throwing out a little fodder.

Hello Everyone, just a quick question, base on your experienced or any suggestion if what sleep remedy can help during taper, Im on 1mg V now, and my worst symptoms is my poor sleep, Im not taking any AD just diazepam and some vitamins because I;m difficiency in Vit. D and  folic acid.  thanks in advance.  Regards, mcm

Doxcylamine has worked well for me MCM. Its an over the counter sleep aid here in Australia. Ive tried it before being in withdrawal and it didn't help that much but now that my brain is sensitive it works really well. It seems like using less has helped aswell. I literally only take half of one pill and it knocks me out. I used to take 2 pills.

The only problem is that I think it makes my symptoms a bit worse the next day. But that might not happen to you! ☺

Thanks Shamoo, I might ask the pharmacy if available here in Ireland, cause many meds here are unlicense medicine, even pain reliever is hard to get in over the counter. My doctor dont want to prescribe me any sleep remedy while on taper because my problem is insomnia that's why i've taken benzo in the first place.  She gave me melatonin it works for few days so I need something to use and stop melatonin at some point.  any suggestion stil welcome.

regards, mcm

mcm - I take 1.5 mg. melatonin at night, have done so for about 8 months, and it helps a lot during taper. Don't see any reason to quit it. May have to take it permanently as there are no side effects.

MirandaJane

To All my Brothers and Sisters in Faith,

Dear LORD, your Word speaks promises of healing and restoration and I thank you for the miracles you still perform today. Today I claim those promises over my BB friends.. I believe in the healing power of faith and prayer and I ask you to begin your mighty work in the life of my BB friends. Please reach down and surround my BB friends with supernatural peace and strength and give them the faith to believe that all things are possible for you. Protect them from Satan's lies and discouragement and let their miraculous healing's  begin. In JESUS HOLY name I pray, Amen.

GOD bless and heal each and everyone of you,

Wanted to share this Prayer with all of the Valium/Diazepam support Group - it is very up lifting !!!

Thanks MJ, I'm on melatonin now but my sleep still not great and heavy feeling next day, it's been a week so maybe need to continue to work properly, my doc give me only for 15 days by 2mg.  Not sure if this feeling and s/x due to I'm on very low dose of tapering now. Hope it get better anyway.                    DVd, thank you for the prayers! I claim it now in Jesus name, Amen.  God Bless us all, m

Hi Buddies,

Mcm.....I believe Benadryl is good for sleep. It is available in Boots. It is an anti-histamine. I have it but have not needed to use it as yet. It is over the counter medication.

Thinking of you,

Moya XX

The inßomnia is doing me in.  Can't afford the melatonin.  Will not take another addictive medication.  There's a prescription at drug store right now for something he prescribed.  I looked it up it's another addictive drug buddies on here are trying to get off of.

No tapering off this is enough for me.  Going to try getting back on calcium magnesium at night not close to dose time.  I know anything natural takes time.

I'm trying to find out when I am most tired maybe I'm trying to sleep too late.  Really interested in the adrenal glands that are affected.  I've read some people's are mo4e active, and then lower at different hours.  Oh well it sounds complicated. 

Down and out today.  Beat.  Mood is OK .  It's a beautiful day out there to miss.  Hey not panicky or scared lots to be grateful for there.  Tomorrow another day who knows?  Going to try and make supper.  Me your chin up everybody it does get better.  Dolly

Doxcylamine has worked well for me MCM. Its an over the counter sleep aid here in Australia. Ive tried it before being in withdrawal and it didn't help that much but now that my brain is sensitive it works really well. It seems like using less has helped aswell. I literally only take half of one pill and it knocks me out. I used to take 2 pills.

The only problem is that I think it makes my symptoms a bit worse the next day. But that might not happen to you! ☺

I think you mean doxylamine.  ;)  Doxycycline is an antibiotic, doxylamine is a sedating antihistamine.  Many BBs (including me)  have found doxylamine to be a very effective sleep aid, with very limit risk of side fxs or dependency.

Definitely will ch3ck into that sleep aid.  Maybe I can get 8t here.  Really want to be careful.

Question...I'm at 13.5mg  V.  On milk tiratioñ  10% every 2 weeks too hard now.  Cutting on June 2.  I've heard of spreadsheets.  Donot know how to cut daily.  Donot understand.  I have 10mil syringe bottle and small contàiners any help or input greatly appreciated. 

Think daily easier on you.    Dolly

Definitely will ch3ck into that sleep aid.  Maybe I can get 8t here.  Really want to be careful.

Question...I'm at 13.5mg  V.  On milk tiratioñ  10% every 2 weeks too hard now.  Cutting on June 2.  I've heard of spreadsheets.  Donot know how to cut daily.  Donot understand.  I have 10mil syringe bottle and small contàiners any help or input greatly appreciated. 

Think daily easier on you.    Dolly

I responded on your other thread.  If your currently cutting .25mg every 14 days, then just cut .018 each day.  .25mg/14 days is .018/day.

Hi Buddies,

Mcm.....I believe Benadryl is good for sleep. It is available in Boots. It is an anti-histamine. I have it but have not needed to use it as yet. It is over the counter medication.

Thinking of you,

Moya XX

thanks Moya, I was checking online but it wont show, I know that so many medicine is restricted here in our place, maybe i will go in boots myself to ask.

Shamo, Builder, thanks for the info about Doxylamine, its not not over the counter here either but I will double check in some pharmacy or ask my GP if she can prescribe for me.  what dosage did you use before.  thanks, mcm

I think they bother some people but I had two in my knees 2 months ago and they didn't seem to make anything worse.  It might bother you though, see if you can get some other info from other BBs  Good luck if you do get an injection and don't worry, you will probably be fine.

Hi there:

Quick question. Right now I am doing C/H off 70 mg. Should I cut every two or every three weeks?

Thanks much,

Betsy

Hi Betsy,

I'm also doing a C/H from 40mg V down now to 18mg. I've been doing a 10-14 schedule. I would just recommend to test and see how you are feeling. If you feel good, make a cut, if not hold. This past cut has been the most difficult for me so I'm waiting it out a couple more days. Do what you think is best.

Hi there:

Quick question. Right now I am doing C/H off 70 mg. Should I cut every two or every three weeks?

Thanks much,

Betsy

I know my dose is small compared to yours but I started at 15 mg and got into a 2 week hold pattern (after my first cut which was too big and a disaster).  I did well for like 4 or 5 cuts but eventually crashed (I think the cuts caught up with me) and ended up switching to a 3 week hold pattern which worked better.  Now I'm holding for surgery but will likely stick with the 3 week hold pattern once I resume my taper.  I would say do whatever feels right and adjust as needed.  Your body will tell you if you are going too fast.

Hi Folks! 2 quick questions:

My liquid diaz is in a brownish bottle that has an adapter cap so the syringe fits right in a small hole in the top. Unfortunately, the syringes they provided are of amber color and I like to actually see the medicine--so I prefer clear syringes.

1) Can someone recommend a brand of syringes on Amazon?

2) It seems like the adapter caps come in a variety of millimeter sizes.  When I go to measure the opening at the top of the bottle, should I measure the inside diameter of the opening or measure from the outside of the opening straight across to the other outside of the opening? Basically, as an example, take the letter O. Should I measure just the inside of the letter O or should I include the black outline of the letter O?

Thanks,

Ed

Those who are at a low dose, please rate your anxiety level.

Need some positive words to let me know that this will pass soon.  Getting scared.

K

Thank you both, Hope and Cafunk......... :smitten: It helped me to decide.

So what did you decide?  And look at you down to 65.5 already.  You're going to beat me off at this rate  :smitten: 

Hi Folks! 2 quick questions:

My liquid diaz is in a brownish bottle that has an adapter cap so the syringe fits right in a small hole in the top. Unfortunately, the syringes they provided are of amber color and I like to actually see the medicine--so I prefer clear syringes.

1) Can someone recommend a brand of syringes on Amazon?

2) It seems like the adapter caps come in a variety of millimeter sizes.  When I go to measure the opening at the top of the bottle, should I measure the inside diameter of the opening or measure from the outside of the opening straight across to the other outside of the opening? Basically, as an example, take the letter O. Should I measure just the inside of the letter O or should I include the black outline of the letter O?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi edzo. I'm assuming you need the syringes with needles?  This is where I get mine:

http://www.allegromedical.com/syringes-c570.html