Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

You are doing exactly what I have been doing with the scale and 5 mg pills. I don't have 2.0 mg either.

Keep in mind that the scale weighs in grams and that a 5.0 mg pill doesn't weigh that amount on the scale. I found it very confusing... I didn't want to do the liquid route either so I finally decided to just go by the weight of the pill. I figure my .020 grams is equivalent to around .5 mgs of drug... Not pill weight. Not sure but it really doesn't matter at this point... I just want to make sure when I do a cut, that it's less than before and all my doses weigh the same.

Glad to hear you are doing better...

I just may be having a window right now... Hmmmmmm? Is it possible... Weird.

K

A window right now? That's what I want to hear. Yes it's possible and you're going to do this. So close now. I think what I will do is weigh the 5mg and get the weight than divide by 4 to get what my quarter should weigh, then make up about 7-10 pills the same weight. I'm debating whether to go to about 13mg or straight to 12.50 on my next cut. If I do the 13 mg I'm going to figure that out and may need a fingernail file to get my pills to exact weight  ;D.

Keep that positive attitude Keeka.

Pitchman

It starts to get hard doing the weighing when you cut small amounts.  Hard to figure out weight vs mg totals.  It was for me anyways.

Good luck. Keep us posted with your progress.

K

I'm not sure where to get the maximum number of eyeballs on this, so I'll place this question in a couple of places:

Has anyone experienced problems with roasted sunflower seeds inducing a  wave?  These were unsalted, roasted, with no other ingredients from Trader Joes.

Thanks in advance.

--Ed

Thanks Pitchman!  The anxiety just came out of nowhere and was intense. Strange because I can't connect the anxiety to anything else. Someone on another thread suggested I try them again on another day when I'm feeling pretty good. It's a good suggestion, but I just hate being a human guinea pig!  :)

Edzo, re: 'human guinea pig' thing, yeah, what with my spiffy graduated cylinder and all, I feel like half mad scientist/half lab rat. If the whole experimentation on oneself wasn't so exhausting, I'd put 'lab rat' on my resume ::)! Hey, after this benzo ride, any drug trial would likely be totally tame; what could go wrong 8)!?

Hey everyone.  I am on Day 13 of .5 mgs using cut and hold. I am feeling better and now have to make the decision of totally stopping or dropping down to .25 mgs but the pills will be really hard to cut that small.

After all this time of wanting off this crap, I am scared to jump.

Words of wisdom please.

Thanks k

Hey everyone.  I am on Day 13 of .5 mgs using cut and hold. I am feeling better and now have to make the decision of totally stopping or dropping down to .25 mgs but the pills will be really hard to cut that small.

After all this time of wanting off this crap, I am scared to jump.

Words of wisdom please.

Thanks k

Just jump. Lots of people jump at 0.5.  Be done with the evil poison and start to heal.  I would give anything to be in your shoes, but my taper is now on hold because I've been diagnosed with cancer and am facing major surgery in 2 weeks and then chemo.  Carpe diem.  Good luck!

Hope, So sorry about your diagnosis but I will pray for you.  Keeka, I would taper further if it were me but if you feel good maybe it won't be bad for you.  I feel every tiny cut so I could never do it. Good luck to you both,

Keeka,

I would love to be in your shoes too. I think if I was under 1 mg and feeling stabile I would personally try to jump. Be sure you are ready. Keep us posted on your decision. I hope the best for you.

Hope, I have a friend in chemo as I type this. He is hanging in there and will be done with chemo next Wednesday and then finish radiation for like another month. You are first going to kick cancers butt then Valium will be next in line. Thoughts go out to you.

Thanks everyone.. You would think that after this hard journey, I would love to jump but I am scared. I don't feel 100% of course. Still weak and filled with anxiety but I think I need to do it. I have one last .5 mg pill left and not much to do in the next few days, so this would be a good time. I just have read too many horror stories of people still suffering after they quit. I know we are all different....

This drug sure does get its nasty claws into us. Even at the end, it doesn't want to let go.

Will keep you posted.

K

Thanks everyone.. You would think that after this hard journey, I would love to jump but I am scared. I don't feel 100% of course. Still weak and filled with anxiety but I think I need to do it. I have one last .5 mg pill left and not much to do in the next few days, so this would be a good time. I just have read too many horror stories of people still suffering after they quit. I know we are all different....

This drug sure does get its nasty claws into us. Even at the end, it doesn't want to let go.

Will keep you posted.

K

Keeka,

You will have to go through acute one way or the other, just hopefully not so bad since you tapered sensibly!  Thanks all for the well wishes. 

Pitchman,

I was kicking Valium's butt (OK it was kicking mine) and had gotten rid of about a third of my dose when I got the diagnosis.  Planning to just hold here for surgery in 2 weeks, then I will have a better idea of the treatment plan and will decide on what to do about the taper.  But yes, first must kick cancer's butt, then finish kicking Valium's butt. Something like that.  :crazy:

Keeka,

You will have to go through acute one way or the other, just hopefully not so bad since you tapered sensibly! 

No offense, but that's absolutely incorrect.  Most folks that have followed a sensible taper step off their benzo dependency with no lingering or recurring sxs.

Builder I hope you are correct since it has taken me more than 2 years to do this and I just want to feel decent.  My s/x have gotten better the lower I have gone and I am getting more and more windows so hopefully that will continue when I am finally done with this.  The one thing I have learned is to not rush this process.

Keeka,

You will have to go through acute one way or the other, just hopefully not so bad since you tapered sensibly! 

No offense, but that's absolutely incorrect.  Most folks that have followed a sensible taper step off their benzo dependency with no lingering or recurring sxs.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Very true.  The problem is not that we don't know how to taper and feel well...we do!!  The problem is awareness of this and also having the patience to do what is required.

Keeka,

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Very true.  The problem is not that we don't know how to taper and feel well...we do!!  The problem is awareness of this and also having the patience to do what is required.

I don't want to start a big argument here, but I've seen plenty of people on the boards who have followed a sensible taper  (way more conservative than Ashton) and have experienced symptoms during and after the taper.  I am tapering sensibly by my standards and have experienced symptoms, but I adjust as needed to keep them tolerable.  Everybody is different and symptoms are part of the healing process.  I've even met people, "Gasp," that could not tolerate micro taper or felt it did not work for them.  Again, everyone's experience is different and telling everyone they can look forward to jumping off into a symptom free wonderland is setting them up for a big disappointment.  There is still healing that needs to be done after we are off.  If anybody needs me, I'll be on the Ashton thread.  As Ashton says, true healing cannot begin until we are off.

I don't want to start a big argument here, but I've seen plenty of people on the boards who have followed a sensible taper  (way more conservative than Ashton) and have experienced symptoms during and after the taper.  I am tapering sensibly by my standards and have experienced symptoms, but I adjust as needed to keep them tolerable.  Everybody is different and symptoms are part of the healing process.  I've even met people, "Gasp," that could not tolerate micro taper or felt it did not work for them.  Again, everyone's experience is different and telling everyone they can look forward to jumping off into a symptom free wonderland is setting them up for a big disappointment.  There is still healing that needs to be done after we are off.  If anybody needs me, I'll be on the Ashton thread.  As Ashton says, true healing cannot begin until we are off.

I thought you said you don't want to start an argument.  I guess that was a ...fib. ::)

I thought you said you don't want to start an argument.  I guess that was a ...fib. ::)

I am not arguing.  I'm not a "fibber." I am exercising my right to express a differing opinion.  But I keep forgetting this thread is the BB version of junior high.  Differing opinions are not tolerated, and those who express them are quickly put back in line.  But good luck keeping me in in line.  Now if you will excuse me, I need to go get ready to kick cancer in the butt.  And after that I will finish kicking V in the butt, sans chem lab.

I am not arguing.  I'm not a "fibber." I am exercising my right to express a differing opinion.  But I keep forgetting this thread is the BB version of junior high.  Differing opinions are not tolerated, and those who express them are quickly put back in line.  But good luck keeping me in in line.  Now if you will excuse me, I need to go get ready to kick cancer in the butt.  And after that I will finish kicking V in the butt, sans chem lab.

Gee, some serious angst there.  I have no desire to keep you in line.  And I hardly ever post here, but I read this thread and it seems fine to me...other than the last few posts...and they were instigated by you!  You have your opinions and I have mine.  I don't buy what your selling and it sounds like you don't buy what I'm selling, so why not just leave it at that?

Online dvd

Buddie

I love BenzoBuddies!

Has anyone ever used Doxycycline ( tetracycline ) while on WD from V??? I've been on it two weeks and my WD sxs have gone thru the roof!! According to the Doc.

and the Pharmacy, it is safe to take Doxycycline and Diazepam at the same time??? Of course, Doc have been known to be wrong, as we all have learned!!!

If you have ever experienced any problems with this combination of Meds please let me know!! I'm really lost and can't figure out what my next step will be??  Should be off the Doxy in about two weeks, if I can hold out that long??? Thanks

Online dvd

Buddie

I love BenzoBuddies!

Has anyone ever used Doxycycline ( tetracycline ) while on WD from V??? I've been on it two weeks and my WD sxs have gone thru the roof!! According to the Doc.

and the Pharmacy, it is safe to take Doxycycline and Diazepam at the same time??? Of course, Doc have been known to be wrong, as we all have learned!!!

If you have ever experienced any problems with this combination of Meds please let me know!! I'm really lost and can't figure out what my next step will be??  Should be off the Doxy in about two weeks, if I can hold out that long??? Thanks

...as have their patients. ::)

Online dvd

Buddie

I love BenzoBuddies!

I've never taken is but checked it out and its got no interaction with Diazepam, so it could just be coincidence and the wave was going to hit you anyway but its  also possible that your experiencing side effects, and quite a few of them look like ''wave symptoms''

Doxycycline Side Effects http://www.drugs.com/sfx/doxycycline-side-effects.html

And another thing is it could be because antibiotic kill off all the good bacteria in your body and you should take a good pro-biotic to replenish good bacteria and hour after the antibiotic or the pro-biotic will stop the antibiotic working properly and take it for a week or two after the antibiotic course as well. :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: