Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hi EDzo, how come you gain weight during taper, i've read your personal log,  I'm trying to gain weight before and during taper but no luck, im skinny and petite and now I lost more weight during taper.  i dont need to lost weight because Im so small and need to gain, trying to eat everything my appetite is good but I dont know why?  Maybe you have special diet that you can share to help those who lost weight like me during taper.

thanks,

mcm

Hi there !

I lost a lot of weight at some point during my taper. It's coming back!

I was nauseous on and off ( mostly on  ::))

On days where I had no appetite I made smoothies.

What probably is good is eating whole foods and good fats.

Our adrenals  can take a good beating under all this stress and with anxiety. And so we need those fats. Omega 3 kind. Salmon, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, REAL butter, etc.

You could try nut butters ( almond, cashew).

Grass fed beef, if possible. Organic chicken.

You don't want to put empty calories in your body at this point, IMO.

Thanks Moodle for your reply,  I will add something to my food as you suggest, I almost eat everything now, all my clothes are so big for me now and I dont want to buy smaller sizes I want to keep my size  and to be healthy while on taper.

thanks and have a nice day to all!!

mcm

Another thing which I consume that I think helps keep muscle mass is plant based protein. I make smoothies out of Vega Protein and Greens.  I like the berry flavor. It is sweetened with Stevia, which some people find too sweet. But I use a NutriBullet Extractor and throw in spinach, flax seed grains, carrots, broccoli, banana, and strawberries--and it tastes pretty good. More importantly, you are able to fulfill almost the full 5 servings of fruits and vegetables for the day in one convenient large drink.  Each scoop of the Vega powder (1 serving) contains 2 servings of vegetables and tons of protein.

Best,

Edzo

Hi everyone...

I am holding at 2.5 mgs of Valium for a month now and keep hoping to stabilize. I was on Valium for around 3 weeks at 7.5 mgs. And the doc told me to do a fast taper.  I have a few better days but then all of a sudden.. The last two days have been bad. I almost feel like I am back at square one.

WHY????

I am so scared that I will never get better.

K

That is a very rapid taper from your starting point. If your body is telling you that you are moving too quickly...you are. Perhaps someone else with a bit more experience than I could suggest a next step for Keeka.  I hesitate to suggest for this member to up his/her dosage to stabilize and then come back down at a more reasonable pace.

One thing I can speak of from experience is that you'll have to learn to be patient with this. We all want our lives back, but only time can allow it to happen.

Best,

Edzo

Hi everyone...

I am holding at 2.5 mgs of Valium for a month now and keep hoping to stabilize. I was on Valium for around 3 weeks at 7.5 mgs. And the doc told me to do a fast taper.  I have a few better days but then all of a sudden.. The last two days have been bad. I almost feel like I am back at square one.

WHY????

I am so scared that I will never get better.

K

Whoaaa, that's a big drop. My doc told me to do a fast taper too. Clearly I wasn't informed  :sick:

I personally would hold for that time , too. And if you still do not get relief at that point, maybe think about adding some Valium back to you dose, try to get stable and then come down way slower.

Some people are able to do a quick taper. But it sounds like you're not one of them... :-\

The WHY is because you cut too fast, too big.

If your doctor doesn't agree or doesn't want you to taper according to what YOU can handle, I would strongly suggest finding a different prescriber.

It's not about getting the drug out of your body. It's about your receptors having been pruned back due to benzo use and they will regenerate with time. And with time only. Going quicker than your body allows will only make the process more painful.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks guys

I know it has been awful. I wish I would have listened to the pharmascist instead of my doctor.

I don't like the idea of updosing so hopefully this will pass.

I would like to hear people withdrawal experiences during holds.

Have you had it where you feel like you are getting somewhere and then BOOM... Your really sick again? I am hoping that this will pass and when it does, I will feel even better.

Thanks guys

I know it has been awful. I wish I would have listened to the pharmascist instead of my doctor.

I don't like the idea of updosing so hopefully this will pass.

I would like to hear people withdrawal experiences during holds.

Have you had it where you feel like you are getting somewhere and then BOOM... Your really sick again? I am hoping that this will pass and when it does, I will feel even better.

Yes, I think most of us have felt decent and then BOOM. Happens on any dose, really... :-[thats just the nature of this process. It's not linear.

When you feel okay and then you really really don't again. But for me, eventually the periods between feeling THAT bad and okay became longer.

It's your Rabin trying to find balance. And the only thing we know for sure while in wd, is that nothing is for sure. The unpredictability of it makes it so hard.

Just keep moving forward, as good as you can. And time needs to do the rest. It's a long and crazy process.

What's Rabin?

RABIN

[Rah-bin]

NOUN

1. The autocorrect substitute for the word Brain, not caught in time by a member called Moodle, who is currently experiencing brain fog

2. Yithzak Rabin, former Israeli politician

;D

What's Rabin?

RABIN

[Rah-bin]

NOUN

1. The autocorrect substitute for the word Brain, not caught in time by a member called Moodle, who is currently experiencing brain fog

;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What's Rabin?

RABIN

[Rah-bin]

NOUN

;D

Wow! I'm cracking up! Thank you so much! I love how you owned it too...gotta love some moo!

What's Rabin?

RABIN

[Rah-bin]

NOUN

;D

:laugh: Too funny!!!

Valium depression question- for those who have been there, is it a coming and going thing? Im at around the halfway point in my cross from X to V and my problem suddenly switched from not being able to catch my breath and being tired to MAJOR relentless headaches and I dont like to use the word depression but thats the best word for it. Is it common at halfway, and does it lighten up? This is week 5 for me. I was supposed to go to 13.6 V but I keep seeing people rounding down and Im hoping I can- not because Im impatient but because I dont know how long I can be this down and function very well... Anyone? :(

Valium depression question- for those who have been there, is it a coming and going thing? Im at around the halfway point in my cross from X to V and my problem suddenly switched from not being able to catch my breath and being tired to MAJOR relentless headaches and I dont like to use the word depression but thats the best word for it. Is it common at halfway, and does it lighten up? This is week 5 for me. I was supposed to go to 13.6 V but I keep seeing people rounding down and Im hoping I can- not because Im impatient but because I dont know how long I can be this down and function very well... Anyone? :(

Well, it's not a happy drug, that's for sure.

Depression is certainly a common symptom during withdrawal. I had it on and off. Just like any other symptom that would wax and wane, for me.

On days that were relatively ok, I didn't feel depressed. During waves, I'd be pretty dark sometimes. Yes.

It can come and go.

I also had it on Ativan so maybe I'm not a good example. Ativan was the devil, for me.

Sorry you're feeling bad... :smitten:

If its come and go, I can deal with that. I see so many people bailing on valium crossovers it just made me wonder if its common for it to get progressively worse. Maybe since its a 2 week lag time, maybe its because I switched from 2 mg pill of 1 brand to 5 mg pill of another around then... Maybe this is ugly generic. I guess I will just try it a few more days and see. I hate bringing people around me down- people who are sick dont need my misery.

Thank you Moo- lovely Moo- I hope things go ok for you. I know things are really hard for you now. You are in my prayers!

I didn't notice depression during the crossover from X to V, just sedation which I developed tolerance to in a few weeks.  Honestly I was just elated to have my I/D withdrawals covered and finally get some sleep.  I do get depressed when I make a cut now that I'm tapering.  It seems like every time I make a cut I become an emotional basket case (cry and get upset easily) around day 4-5, and if I cut too much even have suicidal thoughts and this correlates with the onset of my other symptoms (I'm not going to do it, please don't give me the hotline #, just explaining what happens).  As I begin to improve after the cut my mood lifts back to baseline.  So for me it's not the drug itself that's causing the depression, but the withdrawal.

By the way, before I hit " this thing" in January, xanax actually made me happy. Go figure.

Hope, maybe thats it, maybe Im attaching significance to something thats not even a factor. Maybe it just is.

If its come and go, I can deal with that. I see so many people bailing on valium crossovers it just made me wonder if its common for it to get progressively worse. Maybe since its a 2 week lag time, maybe its because I switched from 2 mg pill of 1 brand to 5 mg pill of another around then... Maybe this is ugly generic. I guess I will just try it a few more days and see. I hate bringing people around me down- people who are sick dont need my misery.

Thank you Moo- lovely Moo- I hope things go ok for you. I know things are really hard for you now. You are in my prayers!

At some point , one day, you'll notice " hey... Not too shabby". And then maybe the next day. And then maybe the next ..not so much.

It can be so many things.

We try to find a reason for this wave. Is it something we ate? Did I walk one block too many? Is it the brand?

Sometimes it's just plain old, nasty withdrawal. It's so tough to figure out.

I'd say try to accept that nothing is for sure and that it comes and goes but that you are on the path toward getting better. You're working toward it. Even when you're not tapering now but solely crossing over. It's all for that end goal.

The body will do what it needs to do. As awful as it feels.

I hope you will find some relief soon.

Nobody likes to bring others down...but you're not doing that. You're just struggling right now. And it's okay.

Thanks Kittybean for the thoughts..

At some point , one day, you'll notice " hey... Not too shabby". And then maybe the next day. And then maybe the next ..not so much.

It can be so many things.

We try to find a reason for this wave. Is it something we ate? Did I walk one block too many? Is it the brand?

Sometimes it's just plain old, nasty withdrawal. It's so tough to figure out.

I'd say try to accept that nothing is for sure and that it comes and goes but that you are on the path toward getting better. You're working toward it. Even when you're not tapering now but solely crossing over. It's all for that end goal.

The body will do what it needs to do. As awful as it feels.

I hope you will find some relief soon.

Nobody likes to bring others down...but you're not doing that. You're just struggling right now. And it's okay.

Thanks Kittybean for the thoughts..

Truer words never spoken.

Hope Im sorry to hear its hitting you like that- can you do smaller more frequent cuts or anything?

I'm doing 0.5 mg cuts every 2 weeks right now.  The last few cuts have been tolerable.  This cut's a little rougher so may hold longer.  I'm cutting as small as I can without getting out the scale or doing microptaper.  Not quite ready to do that yet, but I'll listen to my body and do that when the time comes.  I don't think there's a way out of this without some level of symptoms.  It's more about keeping it tolerable. 

Hope Im sorry to hear its hitting you like that- can you do smaller more frequent cuts or anything?

I'm doing 0.5 mg cuts every 2 weeks right now.  The last few cuts have been tolerable. This cut's a little rougher so may hold longer. I'm cutting as small as I can without getting out the scale or doing microptaper.  Not quite ready to do that yet, but I'll listen to my body and do that when the time comes.  I don't think there's a way out of this without some level of symptoms.  It's more about keeping it tolerable.

A longer hold just gives you more time to recover from the discomfort caused by the cut; a longer hold will NOT reduce the actual discomfort caused by the cut.

Smaller cuts, more often!

I'm doing 0.5 mg cuts every 2 weeks right now.  The last few cuts have been tolerable. This cut's a little rougher so may hold longer. I'm cutting as small as I can without getting out the scale or doing microptaper.  Not quite ready to do that yet, but I'll listen to my body and do that when the time comes.  I don't think there's a way out of this without some level of symptoms.  It's more about keeping it tolerable.

A longer hold just gives you more time to recover from the discomfort caused by the cut; a longer hold will NOT reduce the actual discomfort caused by the cut.

I do not agree with this at all and have seen a long hold reduce or eliminate a sx.

Everyone's cns is different and heals at different rates.

I do not agree with this at all and have seen a long hold reduce or eliminate a sx.

Everyone's cns is different and heals at different rates.

Yes, the hold is what allows us to recover from the sxs, but it is the cut that causes the sxs.

Yes, the hold is what allows us to recover from the sxs, but it is the cut that causes the sxs.

Yes, I agree with that.