Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

[66...]

I cut my .5mg pill in 1/2 to get .25mg  then I cut that in 1/2 to get .125mgs

I am using Reg Pearts c/o and I am being conservative with the amount of diazepam..only because most all other equivalent charts do not agree with Ashtons.

Sorry Lainey, I was unaware of another system by a Doc. I am sure it is fine and good luck.  The only concern I have is cutting pills.  Not only was it a pain in the backside to do, I was told that the disbursement of drug is not evenly distributed through the pill which is why I decided to go liquid.  The liquid taper with a drop between every 2-4 days has been a breakthrough for me.  No longer am I torturing my family with my wild swing of moods and symptoms. I hope your crossover goes smoothly for you :thumbsup:

Hi there! Apologies for interrupting the flow, but I've just posted my success story here:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=144781.0

I used to hang around on this thread, and got lots and lots of help from folk on here. So a big hello to those who were around 6 months back and for the past few years. And to those I'm not acquainted with, I trust a little 'success' in getting off might be a boost to you!

-Bolders

Hi Bolders

I've just read your success story and I'm so happy for you. Go out and live your life now. You deserve it.

Hi Diaz-Pam

I'm glad you created this tread, Is the best help for people trying to get off of benzos,  I'm going to be benzo free soon,  I'm  0.89 mg  daily taper.

Thanks again

Tex

[66...]

Hi there! Apologies for interrupting the flow, but I've just posted my success story here:

I used to hang around on this thread, and got lots and lots of help from folk on here. So a big hello to those who were around 6 months back and for the past few years. And to those I'm not acquainted with, I trust a little 'success' in getting off might be a boost to you!

-Bolders

Hi Bolders

I've just read your success story and I'm so happy for you. Go out and live your life now. You deserve it.

Hi Diaz-Pam

I'm glad you created this tread, Is the best help for people trying to get off of benzos,  I'm going to be benzo free soon,  I'm  0.89 mg  daily taper.

Thanks again

Tex

Goooooooo  Tex :thumbsup:

-Bolders

Hi Bolders

Hi Diaz-Pam

Thanks again

Tex

Wow Tex that's really great. Not long to go now!!!

Update.

Holding at 1.10.  Symptoms uptuck this week.  No rhyme, reason or explanation.  That is benzo w/d right?  :). It's been rough but so freaking worth.  Love being at this low dose.

Hi Diaz-Pam, and all Valium Support Buddies, just checking in to let you know tomorrow, I will start my Liq Taper. I am ready it has been three months since my last cut, and realize now that I was cutting too much and I did feel worse, but now I can take my time and leave the razor blade alone. I have everything on the kitchen counter and will take my first dose, Mon I will start decreasing, thanks to all that have helped me to get to this place. I may check in every now and then and be assured you will hear from me if I need some help. I am glad that I have come this far this third taper,and I know I feel better because I did not rush or make big cuts like I did the first two times. It is going to take a while, but this is what is working for me. My goal remains the same to be benzo free and to have my Life back, I also want to tell all that are still struggling that it will get better, it just takes time and you will be healed, we all want the same thing. We are all Warriors""""""""".  Stay Strong and I am sending you healing hugs's, and Support. For those who have been Healed, Thank you for the help you are giving us. :thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Diaz-Pam, and all Valium Support Buddies, just checking in to let you know tomorrow, I will start my Liq Taper. I am ready it has been three months since my last cut, and realize now that I was cutting too much and I did feel worse, but now I can take my time and leave the razor blade alone. I have everything on the kitchen counter and will take my first dose, Mon I will start decreasing, thanks to all that have helped me to get to this place. I may check in every now and then and be assured you will hear from me if I need some help. I am glad that I have come this far this third taper,and I know I feel better because I did not rush or make big cuts like I did the first two times. It is going to take a while, but this is what is working for me. My goal remains the same to be benzo free and to have my Life back, I also want to tell all that are still struggling that it will get better, it just takes time and you will be healed, we all want the same thing. We are all Warriors""""""""".  Stay Strong and I am sending you healing hugs's, and Support. For those who have been Healed, Thank you for the help you are giving us. :thumbsup::smitten:

I wish you well on your way down back to life!

That's great news and so nicely written!

I was in a big hurry to get off the Benzos and found myself in trouble with a resurgence of migralepsy episodes so I ended up holding and slowing way down (also doing a liquid V taper) and although I was pretty frustrated at first, that has made a big difference for me. I recently started cutting again, too, and am going by a new set of guidelines: tapering .02-.03 mg per day until I notice sxs interfering with my life, then holding until the sxs have passed.

While it seems excruciatingly slow, I think doing a sxs based micro taper is working better for me than trying to set a certain percentage or timeline. This way, I find I am more functional and if sxs are not bad and life circumstances allow, I can keep cutting every day as I feel up to it, and if sxs or life circumstances are making things tough, I can adjust pretty quickly to experience fewer sxs and it seems like it takes a shorter hold before I can resume tapering.

Certainly not how I originally planned to do this, but like you I am so very grateful for all the great help, support and advice I have received here on BBs...it is because of all of you, and those who came before you, that I have been able to find a way to get to where I am now. Thanks for the update.

Best Wishes!

Mo

[66...]

you will do great!  :clap:

Update.

Holding at 1.10.  Symptoms uptuck this week.  No rhyme, reason or explanation.  That is benzo w/d right?  :). It's been rough but so freaking worth.  Love being at this low dose.

Yes it is definitely worth it (and yes "no rhyme or reason" is it in a nutshell). Just keep plugging on. You'll get there before you know it.

You're definitely going to do it this time. You have the right attitude. There's no rush. Just keep chipping away slowly and you will get there.

Thanks moutainyogi, I wouldn't be doing this without you helped with my decision  :smitten: Diaz-Pam thank you for the support and taper plan  :thumbsup:

Tex, you're feeling almost normal? I'm so envious. I feel like hell. Glad you are doing better.

MirandaJane

Hi MirandaJane,

Yes, I'm getting  good windows lately, the last 2 weeks I felt almost normal  most of the days,  I didn't have a normal day since 02/14/14

almost 1 year and 8 months,  only some moments I have a buzzing in my ears,  but some days I have a organic fear,  suddenly a fear comes to me and left. but no physical symptoms now.    but I keep working on my taper and watch everything, SX  may come back anytime.  but now I know:  "It's just a feeling, It wont hurt me"  ( I read this here) 

keep going, there is hope!! 

TEX

so quiet in here, i guess no news is good news, happy sunday BB's :smitten:

Yogi,

Thanks for your:  Goooooooo  TEX,  It really help me.    Thansk BB for the great support, I canceled my cardiologist appointment.  there is no need to waste my Insurance money.  I will re-schedule in few weeks .

Zumba is a great exercise. 

Tex

:smitten: :smitten:

Yes, thank you all on this board and this thread, it has helped me through these last few awful months.  I have also been holding for 3 months like BEgood, and have decided to try the daily microtaper with milk.  The cut and hold didn't work out so well for me, the burning neuropathy just wouldn't let up.  It has lessened somewhat in the last few days, still around but there so I feel now is the time to start back up.  I had crossed from 2.5 mg Ativan a day to 20 mg. of V.  Maybe that extra 5 mg. of V would have helped, don't know at this point but since its been 3 months I will not updose now.  I will try the daily MT and see if it works better.  Thank you all on here who give me hope that I can do this, its so hard esp when you have other issues and meds on board.  God Bless you all.

Tex, thanks for your support. I see you are on Prozac, though, which I'm sure is a big help. I used to take Prozac but it quit working for me and gave me terrible headaches and then anxiety. I wish I had those early Prozac days back. I tried other antidepressants afterward but couldn't tolerate the side effects. That's partiallly how I ended up on benzos. Damn doctor! anything would have been better than this. I'm having a horrible day today, had a bad night. Mostly with disorientation, fear, racing heart and breathing. I hope I can get through this.

I hope you keep improving.

MirandaJane

[66...]

so quiet in here, i guess no news is good news, happy sunday BB's :smitten:

Yogi,

Thanks for your:  Goooooooo  TEX,  It really help me.    Thansk BB for the great support, I canceled my cardiologist appointment.  there is no need to waste my Insurance money.  I will re-schedule in few weeks .

Zumba is a great exercise. 

Tex

:smitten: :smitten:

ohhh zumbai -----i think i need to try that one. It might help with that socially awkward thing i have going on these days.  ??? ???

[66...]

Yes, thank you all on this board and this thread, it has helped me through these last few awful months.  I have also been holding for 3 months like BEgood, and have decided to try the daily microtaper with milk.  The cut and hold didn't work out so well for me, the burning neuropathy just wouldn't let up.  It has lessened somewhat in the last few days, still around but there so I feel now is the time to start back up.  I had crossed from 2.5 mg Ativan a day to 20 mg. of V.  Maybe that extra 5 mg. of V would have helped, don't know at this point but since its been 3 months I will not updose now.  I will try the daily MT and see if it works better.  Thank you all on here who give me hope that I can do this, its so hard esp when you have other issues and meds on board.  God Bless you all.

good luck Freeme, sounds like a good plan to microtaper :thumbsup:

[66...]

Tex, thanks for your support. I see you are on Prozac, though, which I'm sure is a big help. I used to take Prozac but it quit working for me and gave me terrible headaches and then anxiety. I wish I had those early Prozac days back. I tried other antidepressants afterward but couldn't tolerate the side effects. That's partiallly how I ended up on benzos. Damn doctor! anything would have been better than this. I'm having a horrible day today, had a bad night. Mostly with disorientation, fear, racing heart and breathing. I hope I can get through this.

I hope you keep improving.

MirandaJane

Hi Miranda, sorry you had a bad night. Do you have any calming teas in the house? I go to my local apothecary and have them mix of bulk teas that I use every night before I sleep, and all day when I have a night like you just had.  I must say I have not had a night like that since I went liquid and started .05 cuts every few days.

feel better :smitten:

mountainyogi - what teas do you recommend? I'm so scared of supplements and have such nausea, I'm afraid to experiment with any foods. But I might try a recommendation from you.

Thanks,

MirandaJane

Mirandajane the best thing I have found for nausea is ginger.  It helps a lot and I drink ginger tea every day. You can buy it in tea bag form or make your own using fresh ginger or ginger crystals.  I add a little lemon peel to my tea as well since ironically citrus helps with digestion. For other stomach issues, the cramping etc peppermint is wonderful.  I also know lots of people on the klonopin board who use a special type of licorice but I don't recall the brand - ask NYC Wave Runner for it or Bennie.  I hope you feel better soon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [je...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [jo...]
    • [le...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Re...]