Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hi Steve, '

Yes, I feel "almost normal"  on the physical symptoms,  but two weeks ago I stared feeling emotional sx, like fear and stress,

and that got me acid reflux,  It's like the cycle is repeating,  That is how I got into benzo:  stress, fear and acid reflux,

right now I dont have any stress situation other than my health,  my my mind went back and pick up some bad memories and try to scare me.  It's like myself is looking for trouble.  I have a doctor appointment Nov 4,  but she only prescribe pills, she doesn't ask other questions.   

I have to find how to break the cycle. 

Thanks.

Tex 

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi Tex,

I am really sorry you are getting hit with these mental sx's.

I used to find all kinds of natural things to get my mom thru all the physical sx's, but could never find anything for the mental.

The organic fear is the worst from my perspective.

Do you have insurance that would cover a therapist, such as over the phone so you don't have to go out?

Hi Steve, '

Yes, I feel "almost normal"  on the physical symptoms,  but two weeks ago I stared feeling emotional sx, like fear and stress,

and that got me acid reflux,  It's like the cycle is repeating,  That is how I got into benzo:  stress, fear and acid reflux,

right now I dont have any stress situation other than my health,  my my mind went back and pick up some bad memories and try to scare me.  It's like myself is looking for trouble.  I have a doctor appointment Nov 4,  but she only prescribe pills, she doesn't ask other questions.   

I have to find how to break the cycle. 

Thanks.

Tex 

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi Tex,

I am really sorry you are getting hit with these mental sx's.

I used to find all kinds of natural things to get my mom thru all the physical sx's, but could never find anything for the mental.

The organic fear is the worst from my perspective.

Do you have insurance that would cover a therapist, such as over the phone so you don't have to go out?

Mrtmeo,

I have insurance I hope it will be cover,  I'm very disappointed with doctors and nurses,  I like BB,  this forum helped me more than anything

Thanks

Tex

Tex,

I hope you have support to rely on when you need it most because this is such a hard process to endure alone.

Yes, I have the best support of BB,  also have my Daughter and girlfriend,  I meet my gf a week after I started using benzo, 

For me was a traumatic episode, It was the worst experience in my life, I think few people got into benzo the way I did.  I had a panic attack at Walmart, It's over now.  after that everything was bad. 

It was a big one. 

now I'm in peace even if something will happened I will not freak out like before.

Thanks

TEx 

So does just about everyone coming off valium need to switch to doing a daily micro taper once they hit 5mg and under? I'm going to start tapering at the end of this month starting at 15mg and was planning on cutting 1mg every two weeks like in Ashton's schedule. I'm getting concerned about how bad it will get once I get to the lower doses, is that when things get really tough for everyone else?

So does just about everyone coming off valium need to switch to doing a daily micro taper once they hit 5mg and under? I'm going to start tapering at the end of this month starting at 15mg and was planning on cutting 1mg every two weeks like in Ashton's schedule. I'm getting concerned about how bad it will get once I get to the lower doses, is that when things get really tough for everyone else?

Grape juice,

Everyone is different.  It might be easier for you.  Just take this day by day and listen to your body.

[e9...]

Hi Grape,

I started at 3mg. The percentage drops were too high to do cutting with pills. I feel that this is a much gentler way to go. I wish I would have started liquid tapering sooner. When I got below 5, every time I dropped, by the third day I would have two to three days without sleep, accompanied by rage and depersonalization. Also, I was told that trying to cut a 2mg tablet into 4's would not guarantee an equal distribution of the drug(not sure if this is true). Anyway, I hope this helps a little.

[e9...]
Belly pain is getting scary. I finally broke down and made an appointment with an internist today and dreading the blank look on their faces as I try to explain what Ashton tapering is all about and the possibility of the tapering creating the havoc in my organ systems. The triage nurse on the phone told me to not expect the Doctor to have knowledge about it.  It seems to be a mystery in the world of Medicine :idiot:

Hiya,

Actually, you can do a daily taper and still use Ashton's schedule. Daily tapering makes the "ride" down smoother (escalator vs stairs), and makes it easier to do a symptom based taper.

For example, if you taper .08 mg/day, you are doing 1 mg every 12.5 days. At .04 it's 1 mg every 25 days. I started at 20mg and tapered .04/day for most of my taper. One can always speed it up if desired.

I got pharma grade liquid, used a 1ml syringe, and squirted it directly into a small cup of water. Was very easy, and accurate. Some prefer to dilute; some crush tablets and dissolve; some use a scale and so on. Many ways to do it.

Here's to your healing!

Steve

Belly pain is getting scary. I finally broke down and made an appointment with an internist today and dreading the blank look on their faces as I try to explain what Ashton tapering is all about and the possibility of the tapering creating the havoc in my organ systems. The triage nurse on the phone told me to not expect the Doctor to have knowledge about it.  It seems to be a mystery in the world of Medicine :idiot:

Certainly is!!!

So maybe just present your symptoms and let them check you to rule out issues?? You know, you don't need to say Ashton. You can simply say your tapering off and leave it at that.

Steve

they suck

I dunno who they is exactly but just a general 'you suck' to all those medical professionals who don't know the anguish of a pharmaceutical.

So glad you are doing better daily tapering yogi! :smitten:

mountainyogi, sorry to hear you are still having belly problems, hopefully nothing severe is going on. I know you are very proactive about your health, I had benzo belly really bad about a year ago, and I started taking Walgreen's Pro biotics,and honestly have only had a couple of times with belly discomfort. I am not sure of your belly pain sx's, so this may not work. You are in my thoughts.  :)  :smitten:

[e9...]

Thx Smiffy and Begood. Unfortunately Steve, the Ashton mention usually has to come up at some point because I had to take back control of the situation and show them what I needed from them.  It was a monthly wrangling session with my doctor to get the correct script filled every month.  Until I started the liquid titration, they were confused about the amount of pills and the type of pills(how many 2's, 5's, 10's).  Vodka/Liquid has changed all that now, (thank you BB's :angel:)--the worst is when I was told I was a red flag at the pharmacy because all of the confusion around my always changing script. There are no "Benzo-wise" doctors to be found here unfortunately unless I go into Denver :o

Too bad doctors do not read this forum, it would do them much good--Unfortunately it might cut into the pharmie-gangstas pockets.

moutainyogi, So you have been told about the RED FLAG, also, I was also confronted because I bought only the V at discount pharmacy,and Head man came out and racked me out, and I was not nice, what we have to do to get through this, ok, I am stronger than these self rightous people. great picture, love your kitchen.  :smitten:

[e9...]

moutainyogi, So you have been told about the RED FLAG, also, I was also confronted because I bought only the V at discount pharmacy,and Head man came out and racked me out, and I was not nice, what we have to do to get through this, ok, I am stronger than these self rightous people. great picture, love your kitchen.  :smitten:

yeah, i have dealt with some bullies behind the counter.  what made it worse is that i was using opiates pre and post surgery then suboxone so they had an attitude with me. Anyway, onward.

p.s. that is my boy and i dancing in the kitchen a few years ago

[e9...]

Ok BB's

a funny OMG moment in tapering history

My husband picked up a syringe for me at the drug store.  I was in my first days of liquid tapering and I used this 10ml syringe to draw up the vodka out of the bottle to make my solution.  I proceeded to add the water rinse out the syringe and draw up the new fresh dosage for the night.  I look at the syringe and the numbers are rubbed off where i dipped it in the vodka. GONE! I freak. How am I going to take my dose?? I had a 1ml syringe but my ratio was 16 something odd ml's(a huge problem for a tired, brain chemistry challenged mom). My husband luckily bought 2 syringes and the day was saved ::).  FYI--if you put scotch tape over the numbers the vodka will not melt them.  Happy tapering kids ;D

Ok BB's

My husband picked up a syringe for me at the drug store.  I was in my first days of liquid tapering and I used this 10ml syringe to draw up the vodka out of the bottle to make my solution.  I proceeded to add the water rinse out the syringe and draw up the new fresh dosage for the night.  I look at the syringe and the numbers are rubbed off where i dipped it in the vodka. GONE! I freak. How am I going to take my dose?? I had a 1ml syringe but my ratio was 16 something odd ml's(a huge problem for a tired, brain chemistry challenged mom). My husband luckily bought 2 syringes and the day was saved ::).  FYI--if you put scotch tape over the numbers the vodka will not melt them.  Happy tapering kids ;D

Hi yogi,

I saw your signature, we started almost at the same time the Ativan, but I was reluctant to use more that 2.0 mg  and only for one day, the max I used was 1.5 in one day, go back to 1 mg the next day, then few days after to 0.5 mg.  then I started 0.5 mg am and 0.5 pm.  then 0.25 4 times a day,  January 2015 crossed to Valium 10 mg for one day,  8 mg then quick;y to 5 mg, now I'm 0.90 mg Valium, holding. 

What a journey,  Hope we can get the zero soon. 

Tex

:)

It's time for my mom to cut again, but she is just not doing well mentally after holding her usual 18 days.

Normally, she gets better around the 14th day and I can cut.

I don't know if I should hold or what.

Anyone have any ideas?

She is at .04mg valium.

meo, if it were me, I would hold for a few more days. These rotten small doses are real stinkers. And letting your mom know that she will be holding instead of cutting may give her a psychological boost.

meo, if it were me, I would hold for a few more days. These rotten small doses are real stinkers. And letting your mom know that she will be holding instead of cutting may give her a psychological boost.

Hi Katz,

Thanks. I will try a hold. However, my mom doesn't even know when she gets cuts and doesn't even know what dose she is at.

Just a couple of months ago, she had alot of energy and was going out, but now, she is couch bound again.

If only her appetite would come back and stay.

Hi Katz,

Thanks. I will try a hold. However, my mom doesn't even know when she gets cuts and doesn't even know what dose she is at.

Just a couple of months ago, she had alot of energy and was going out, but now, she is couch bound again.

Maybe this could be the non-linear nature of benzo withdrawal?  Maybe wait a few more days and see.  What are you cutting to?

[e9...]

Ok BB's

Hi yogi,

I saw your signature, we started almost at the same time the Ativan, but I was reluctant to use more that 2.0 mg  and only for one day, the max I used was 1.5 in one day, go back to 1 mg the next day, then few days after to 0.5 mg.  then I started 0.5 mg am and 0.5 pm.  then 0.25 4 times a day,  January 2015 crossed to Valium 10 mg for one day,  8 mg then quick;y to 5 mg, now I'm 0.90 mg Valium, holding. 

Tex

I am counting on it Tex! I was not counting on these headaches that started about a month ago >:(

I refuse to do long holds unless I get some bad news after seeing the Internist on Monday. Hydration seems to be an issue these days also, although it might be the change of weather and the fact that I have kicked up my physical exertion. Meo, sending love and support to your Mom.

Hi Katz,

Maybe this could be the non-linear nature of benzo withdrawal?  Maybe wait a few more days and see.  What are you cutting to?

I was going to cut to .03mg v from .04mg v.

What is interesting is a sx that she has had for 2 years only at night, she had this morning, but hasn't had it at night for over a week.

It is so hard trying to taper someone that can provide any feedback.

Hi Katz,

Meo,

I think holding for more days will be the best for her,  and try to compensate the valium with other emotional incentives, like family reunions or friends,  or something, I'm trying to fill the Valium space with  other activities.

Tex

Ok BB's

Hi yogi,

Tex

I am counting on it Tex! I was not counting on these headaches that started about a month ago >:(

I refuse to do long holds unless I get some bad news after seeing the Internist on Monday. Hydration seems to be an issue these days also, although it might be the change of weather and the fact that I have kicked up my physical exertion. Meo, sending love and support to your Mom.

Yogi,

At this lower doses, we have to be careful with the organic symptoms,  flu, headache, allergy, acid reflux.  we can believe It is a withdraw sx, but sometimes is something simple, like Hydration, I only drink water with mango juice.

Tex