Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I’m completing day 5 at 1.5 mg of valium. Withdrawal symptoms have increased steadily the last 3 days and include the following in varying degrees: flushing in face and upper torso, sweats, tingling/tension/chills in skin and muscles, feeling of weakness, tinnitus, insomnia, no appetite, feeling of fullness, upset stomach to acid reflux, headache, ache where neck joins back, inability to focus mentally, feeling of hopelessness, overreaction to disturbances. Not so bad compared to most of yours. Still much harder than what I went through getting off oxycodone in 2012. I did sleep 7.3 hours last night with one Benadryl capsule (Unisom leaves me too groggy the next day).

Mrtmeo, I presently do not plan to post a plog, as I prefer to use my signature line to summarize my cut and hold history.  The plan has been to cut my dose by 0.5 mg every fifth day, which lands me at zero in 10 days. I’ve debated with myself about “microtapering” 0.1 mg/day starting today, but that lands me at zero in 14 days – not 10 – and I’ve been told that for me, every day is critical. I’ve also debated with myself about holding at 1.5 mg a couple more days. After reading Kgirl10’s reply #15380 on October 15, 2015, I think I’ll stick with the plan – cut to 1.0 mg tonight and let the chips fall where they may – unless this thread’s wisdom suggests otherwise.

Oh setfree I know it hurts. All of those symptoms are horrible, and we all know them. I'm hoping they start to resolve over the next few months. Hang in there. It will hurt but it will hopefully be over sooner than had you taken a slower tapering route.

DP helped me understand liquid tapering. I changed my method to 'pull to use' ;) (sorry to DP) after I switched to a compounded liquid but her method was light in the dark for me at the beginning.

I think fondly of a great many people here. We all have something in common: benzo wd. It isn't something we'd like to have in common but it is a shared experience that brings us together.

Diaz-Pam, just wanted to express to you, that the instructions you gave to me, will be easy to follow and looking forward to my Nov 7 date of begginng lig vodka taper. I had someone print off the instructions, and although I have been reading the posts, and getting somewhat confused, realized that I had what I needed and no need to get hung up and overthink this. so will stay with the plan outlined by you. I will be dropping in I am sure to get more helpful advice from all here on support site. thanks again for the care you give to us that are still struggling, as that is so important to have BB in our corner helping us get to RECOVERY''''''.  :highfive:  :thumbsup: 

I am going to reword my previous question.

I take 1.375mgs lorazepam a day divided in 4 doses

I feel that I need to c/o to diazepam (AGAIN) for tapering

I only have 5mg pills of diazepam

how important is it that I c/o by splitting the 2 drugs in half for each dose at a time?

for instance, can I just go from taking the evening dose of lorazepam and switch it to diazepam...hold that a couple days and proceed with next dose?

My Dr dose not want to give me 2 mg pills yet...she does NOT I=understand c/o  and thinks I can just go right from lorazepam to diazepam

when I c/o before from klonopin to diazepam it was different Dr and she gave me 2mg & 5mg pills to c/o Peart method

please anyone?

I am going to reword my previous question.

I take 1.375mgs lorazepam a day divided in 4 doses

I feel that I need to c/o to diazepam (AGAIN) for tapering

I only have 5mg pills of diazepam

how important is it that I c/o by splitting the 2 drugs in half for each dose at a time?

for instance, can I just go from taking the evening dose of lorazepam and switch it to diazepam...hold that a couple days and proceed with next dose?

My Dr dose not want to give me 2 mg pills yet...she does NOT I=understand c/o  and thinks I can just go right from lorazepam to diazepam

when I c/o before from klonopin to diazepam it was different Dr and she gave me 2mg & 5mg pills to c/o Peart method

please anyone?

Laine - I am not in favour of a direct cross over. That being said many people do it successfully and although uncomfortable they stick it out with good outcomes. One thing you are doing is in stages which will help some. You WILL get help from an equivalent dose of Valium. If your Doctor will not support a slow cross over you have no choice but to give it a try or find a Doc that will.

etown

Hi,

Diaz-Pam and builder, you have both helped me.  I would be in worse shape had I continued the cut and hold rapid taper I started with.  I learned about daily tapering from both of you.  I am now functional because of the daily taper method.  You both are very valuable to this board.  Please don't get discouraged and leave BB.

I was in really bad shape but in a better place because of many people on BB.

Question for those who have gone from Klonopin to Valium:

I have made several attempts to switch from clonazepam to diazepam.

My last 'stable' (not!) dose was on clonazepam.

A few times I experienced depression.

Last time before today when I switched, I was in an angry mood.

Is this familiar ? I presume this is related to what the clonazepam has done to me.

I'm seriously reconsidering. Today I tried to switch again, and now I feel sedated, tired, exhausted, depressed. I thought I'd tolerate the anger, I was not expecting this.

Is this familiar ? I presume this is related to what the clonazepam has done to me.

I'm seriously reconsidering. Today I tried to switch again, and now I feel sedated, tired, exhausted, depressed. I thought I'd tolerate the anger, I was not expecting this.

Do a proper cross over and switch slowly.

etown

Oh setfree I know it hurts. All of those symptoms are horrible, and we all know them. I'm hoping they start to resolve over the next few months. Hang in there. It will hurt but it will hopefully be over sooner than had you taken a slower tapering route.

Smiff, thanks for the encouragement. I did in fact make the cut from 1.5 mg to 1.0 mg per day last night.

Hi,

Diaz-Pam and builder, you have both helped me.  I would be in worse shape had I continued the cut and hold rapid taper I started with.  I learned about daily tapering from both of you.  I am now functional because of the daily taper method.  You both are very valuable to this board. Please don't get discouraged and leave BB.

Oh, I'm not going anywhere.  Our 2 systems are just a little different.  No big deal.  Both work just fine.

Hi, just wanted to ask a question, I have been reading some posts on some of the other threads and when i finally complete my liq taper then I can expect to have more w/d's and sx's is this correct? I thought the things that i am feeling now although mild compared to my first two failed tapers thinking that if i went slow this time I would not be slammed like first two times, fast tapers and fast cuts. I am getting myself confused, ok so I can expect when i am completely off Valium i will be in the acute stage and then it is going to get bad?  sorry i need to stop, i am sounding silly now. sorry. '''' ??? 

Most folks who taper at a sensible rate are just fine after the end of their taper.  Only a small percentage of folks experience any post-withdrawal sxs.

etown

I can't, I'm sorry. Ashton doesn't apply.

I dose only once a day, valium and klonopin are as different as night and day.

I can't just reduce the clonazepam a bit and add a bit of diazepam. I could try to explain, but what good would that do ? Sory about the *I*.

The depression and exhaustion vs. anger last time just surprised me.

Just logged on to update my sig and saw all this. Pam, you were the first person I met on BB. You were immensely helpful to me. AND emotionally supportive as well. As you pointed out, when people first come here -- often in a state of tolerance, like I was -- they are confused; as was I. In a few days now, I will be done. And I'm feeling grateful to a fair number of people. Including builder and etown as a matter of fact. And Okatz as well! :) But, although I chose my own taper method, it was you who helped me get there; I would have been lost except for you. I even took (I think I mentioned this to you) some things you had written to my p-doc who then agreed to my taper!

I'll say thanks to all of you in a few days now!

Steve :smitten:

Pre-Congrats for when you jump!

Have a smooth landing.

Hi,

Diaz-Pam and builder, you have both helped me.  I would be in worse shape had I continued the cut and hold rapid taper I started with.  I learned about daily tapering from both of you.  I am now functional because of the daily taper method.  You both are very valuable to this board. Please don't get discouraged and leave BB.

Oh, I'm not going anywhere.  Our 2 systems are just a little different.  No big deal.  Both work just fine.

:thumbsup:

Ironically our systems really aren't that different. It just comes down to builder's misinterpretation, and taking things too literally. The End. I have no interest in commenting ever again on this matter - and I will be taking a break from BB for a little while. Sometimes it's just too frustrating.  :brickwall:

etown

I can't just reduce the clonazepam a bit and add a bit of diazepam. I could try to explain, but what good would that do ? Sory about the *I*.

A proper cross over applies exactly because they are so different .

Dosing once a day doesn't mean you can't do a cross over either : you can substitute small amount at a time.

The sedation lasts a few weeks for most people. I felt like a zombie. Exhausted AND ramped up inside .

Depression is different for everyone on this junk .

liberty, you might PM jjrosk. He crossed from Klonopin to Valium and did a 12 day cross as I recall. His experiences with the cross and with the initial start up of valium might be helpful to you.

He did a very slow sensible daily taper and was able to step off valium without too many bad s/x. His sig is worth studying.

Hope things turn out for you.

Okatz

Ironically our systems really aren't that different. It just comes down to builder's misinterpretation, and taking things too literally. The End. I have no interest in commenting ever again on this matter - and I will be taking a break from BB for a little while. Sometimes it's just too frustrating.  :brickwall:

etown

Dosing once a day doesn't mean you can't do a cross over either : you can substitute small amount at a time.

The sedation lasts a few weeks for most people. I felt like a zombie. Exhausted AND ramped up inside .

etown

E!! Give us some news about you ? How are you feeling ?

I'm getting plenty of the sick dizzies and pretty much sweating all night long.

Other than that, my mind is much more clear.

I'm feeling kind of withdrawn though, not really feeling like going out much still but really starting to enjoy some things I'm doing again.

Got the flu shot last week and it kicked my butt for a few days.

Other than that :  :thumbsup:

I guess. ::)

Moo,

So happy to read that your doing so well. :thumbsup:

I am taking the plunge to 1.95 mg. today.

I was feeling sickly and anxious and so on and so on but I told myself over and over,..its just sensations and there is no danger,..utter acceptance and I just go out and do what I otherwise would shy away from.

Just the act of accepting and plunging ahead has lifted my anxiety and gave me the courage to know I can master these feelings!

Keep on trucking gal!  :)

:smitten:

ATU

Hey there, ATU, good for you! Breaking the 2 mg barrier gave me a great psychological boost. Before you know it you will be joining us in the Jumpoff Bar. We'll keep a stool warm for you!

Okatz

Moo,

So happy to read that your doing so well. :thumbsup:

I was feeling sickly and anxious and so on and so on but I told myself over and over,..its just sensations and there is no danger,..utter acceptance and I just go out and do what I otherwise would shy away from.

Just the act of accepting and plunging ahead has lifted my anxiety and gave me the courage to know I can master these feelings!

Keep on trucking gal!  :)

:smitten:

ATU

Yes, it's true. Not easy, but it helps somewhat , for sure.

There is no way around it.

I've not believed in pushing myself TOO hard. Especially not now. But keep on trucking nonetheless.

Sorry you'v e been feeling crappy.

Good job on the 1.95

Below 2, my friend  :hug: