Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

anybody

Sunday October 4th was my last day on Benzos ( diazepam from Lorazepam )

Monday October 5th i jumped.

Been a rough week...but also some good spaced in there. It still hits me but thank God they dont last as long.

I think my diet is screwing with the journey...i celebrated with some foods...but tomorrow back to all the foods that helped me while getting off

Moodle has been a great friend in our private conversations and helped me a lot with jumping and being there.

Good luck to all and i will keep posting about the healing journey that i am now on

Stick with it and go through it...it is the only way out...trust me i tried every other way including over $1000 in supplements that only made it worse in the end.

I will try them now that i am off and see if they help.

Stay with this and do as your fellow buddies have done...they do know better than you...it is tough letting that part of you that thinks it know better...GO!

Liberty,

I will try to be kind. You seem to have a lot of knowledge about the drugs and how they work etc etc. This is all pretty much useless information IMO. What you really need is some common sense. You need to taper a Benzo. The plan C is to forget all the useless knowledge and overthinking this process and just do it. Your best chance for success hands down is to eventually cross over to valium and get this done. The more you think about it, the more you talk to yourself which is a dangerous game.

Just do it!

etown

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

anybody

Been a rough week...but also some good spaced in there. It still hits me but thank God they dont last as long.

I think my diet is screwing with the journey...i celebrated with some foods...but tomorrow back to all the foods that helped me while getting off

Moodle has been a great friend in our private conversations and helped me a lot with jumping and being there.

Good luck to all and i will keep posting about the healing journey that i am now on

Stick with it and go through it...it is the only way out...trust me i tried every other way including over $1000 in supplements that only made it worse in the end.

Stay with this and do as your fellow buddies have done...they do know better than you...it is tough letting that part of you that thinks it know better...GO!

Hey There Sage!!!

Well, once again, I qualify as "anybody!"

That being said, ahem... CONGRATS BUDDY! Happy Healing!

Steve  :thumbsup:

anybody

Congrats man.  Now the real healing g begins!

Steve  Thanks so much Buddy...and yes you qualify as more than anybody... :laugh:

I also want to thank all the other buddies who have been there for me when i needed it. It meant so much to me then and so much to me now!

Listen to your buddies!!!!! :thumbsup:

anybody

Awesome, Shasta!

Welcome to the land of the free.

I'm still waiting for that moment for my mom.

Third day after step down from 2.5 mg to 2.0 mg. Slept okay again (> 6 hours) without a sleep aid. However, today is again tougher than yesterday was. No break in withdrawal symptoms. Experiencing flushing of face and upper torso, weakness, and mild sweats and tinnitus. But the biggest problem is exacerbation of my gastritis/acid reflux, for which I am already taking Dexilant. As it is, I’m barely able to digest enough nutrients to sustain me. Overall, it feels like I have the flu (but I don’t, because my temperature is 98.7 deg. F.

I had planned two more days at 2.0 mg before going to 1.5 mg, but if the symptoms continue to get worse, I’m considering holding until they get better and then making smaller cuts. As I said in an earlier post, I’m concerned that the train might have already left the station for a rapid taper. Yet I imagine a number of you are thinking, did he not get our message? Suck it up, bite the bullet, and get off ASAP!

So, SetFree...

I actually do empathise with you. If you didn't notice my recent post about the firestorm that is benzo addiction, click here:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.msg1929099#msg1929099

You seem to be edging more and more into long term addiction with each passing day.

I get it. I really get it. I know the near-panic of not being able to fall asleep. That's what got me here. Valium. More  valium. Still more. And finally, Valium plus other stuff. Do you, BTW, realize that both oxy and Valium are respiratory  suppressants? Please Google

death oxycodone hydrochloride and valium

and see what you find.

If you feel you need more relief w respect to your surgery, please speak with your doctor and try to stop stealing from your future life.

Take care, buddy...

Steve

I am here because I am wanting to get advice and opinions on what I should do

Currently I am taking diazepam 5mg in the morning and 5 mg at night.

This medicine isn't doing anything for me at all. Idk if I feel worse with or without it.

I started taking it around September 3rd

But that's not when. I first started taking benzos

In 2014 my dr gave me klonopin 1 mg for anxiety and I only took it when I needed it like 3 times a week or 4 max. I was fine for a while until this summer. I don't remember if it was may or June when my pharmacy gave me the same meds but a different manufacturer. These pills only worsened my anxiety. The next time I filled my prescription I had the dr specify that I wanted my old

Manufacturer brand and I took it and it was fine. Then again the next time they messed up. I was forced to take the same shitty pills for a month only now I was taking them everyday because i couldn't stop the edgy anxious feeling all day. I went to my dr and told him that the meds weren't helping me anymore and he switched me to Xanax w/o a taper . Same dosage (1mg/day) He also gave me Prozac . Idk if it was the Prozac or what happened but I felt like I was losing touch with reality and like I was disappearing and I didn't know if I was alive or dead. I told my dr and he immediately stopped the Prozac and threw me on 50 mg of Zoloft and told me to increase by 59 mg every week up to 150mg/day max

I only ended up taking 100 mg of Zoloft with the Xanax. After two weeks I was getting the same disoriented awful feeling dead and disconnected feeling again.

My dr then told me to stop the Xanax cold turkey and taper the Zoloft.

I had heard stopping these meds cold turkey was dangerous so I suggested that maybe there was something else I could try or do and he gave me the Valium on the 2nd of sept. The next day around the afternoon my arms started shaking uncontrollably and my legs were weak like noodles.

My dr told me "this isn't real. This is psychological. It's all in your head"

He then gave me seroquel 3x a day to take for only ten days.

An hour later my whole body was involuntarily jerking and my blood pressure was 160/148. The er just dismissed it as "anxiety" and sent me home.

I didn't take all the seroquel my dr gave me I only took it for 4 or 5 days and I tapered it off.

It did help to calm me from this crisis I guess I had.

So now currently the Valium I take doesn't help my anxiety I am always on edge and scared.

My question is this:

Should I start tapering off now

Or up my dosage and then taper off?

And if I taper, how fast or slow should I taper?

I also currently take buspirone (10mg 2x a day) for anxiety

And I also take metropolol tartrate (I have SVT) so it slows my heart down which is very helpful for when I have had panic attacks.

Any advice is welcomed. Thank you very much

Builder, DiazPam,

Looking back at my old posts I am again a bit confused.

I want to dilute valium in vodka using a 9 to 1 ratio which is correct:

1.  for a 2mg tablet, you would use 4mg vodka then dilute 9:1.  If you  did 2mg/4ml, then add 36ml water.  Each ml will contain .1mg diazepam

2.  dissolve a 2 mg tablet in 4 mg vodka add 16ml water you now have 20ml liquid, and each ml contains .1mg V

thanks again for your help.

Hazelnutt - it looks to me like you need a new doctor! The one you have has you all over the place. When you switch so many meds at the same time, you have no way of knowing which one is causing which reaction. Also, all the meds you mention work differently. Valium takes several days to weeks to take effect, so it's no wonder that Valium didn't help immediately after you stopped Xanax. Prozac and Zoloft are antidepressants, but act very differently than benzos. I couldn't tolerate zoloft - it kept me wide awake, hyper, headache, etc. But some people swear by it. In any case, sometimes you get side effects right away but no positive effects for a few weeks. Seroquel is a "mood stabilizer" and also has different timing and effects. The other meds you mention complicate the issue.

It's hard to find a doctor who knows what he/she is doing when it comes to psych meds. And hospital ER docs don't know a thing about them. I don't know how you can find a good doctor. I finally got lucky and found a good psychologist and good doctor who are working together to try to get my meds and taper right. Maybe you can ask friends or call different doctors to see who has experience with psych meds. Maybe a younger doctor or a doctor or psychiatrist affiiated with a medical school would have more up-to-date information.

Benzo Buddies are a great help, but your diagnosis and cocktail of medications sounds complicated. We are not medical professionals (not that I'm a big fan of most medical professonals these days - they are the ones who got me hooked on benzos in the first place).

I wish I had an easy answer for you.

MirandaJane

Liberty,

I will try to be kind. You seem to have a lot of knowledge about the drugs and how they work etc etc. This is all pretty much useless information IMO. What you really need is some common sense. You need to taper a Benzo. The plan C is to forget all the useless knowledge and overthinking this process and just do it. Your best chance for success hands down is to eventually cross over to valium and get this done. The more you think about it, the more you talk to yourself which is a dangerous game.

Just do it!

etown

All of this seems smart, but the reality of the situation is more complicated.

Tapering from clonazepam directly: at best very complicated, plenty of problems

Tapering with diazepam: it will take months for my body to adapt to diazepam, and I think I'll be in for a whole new world of issues while on/tapering diazepam.

All I know is that I should be in a good enough health to be very functional while tapering the clonazepam. Since I'm not, major problems.

You don't know my experiences with this drug ...

Enough negativity. I think I'll be more quiet from now on.

Liberty,

Just do it!

etown

All of this seems smart, but the reality of the situation is more complicated.

Tapering from clonazepam directly: at best very complicated, plenty of problems

Tapering with diazepam: it will take months for my body to adapt to diazepam, and I think I'll be in for a whole new world of issues while on/tapering diazepam.

All I know is that I should be in a good enough health to be very functional while tapering the clonazepam. Since I'm not, major problems.

You don't know my experiences with this drug ...

Enough negativity. I think I'll be more quiet from now on.

Sorry but this is tapering forum for tapering support. That's what I'm trying to do is add some tapering support. I guess another option for you is to stay on Benzos for life.

etown

Hi Mrmteo,

You listed these two oral syringes:

.5ml syringes

.5 mL syringes which have .01mL graduations.

http://www.squirrelstore.com/product/80005

http://www.beardeddragon.co/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=291

Which one do you use?  Any preference to which works best for you?  Is the stopper hole on the liquid valium bottles a universal size?  I have been using the CVS 1ml oral syringes.  Now that I am getting low I want to switch to .5ml oral syringes.

Thanks

[97...]

Third day after step down from 2.5 mg to 2.0 mg. Slept okay again (> 6 hours) without a sleep aid. However, today is again tougher than yesterday was. No break in withdrawal symptoms. Experiencing flushing of face and upper torso, weakness, and mild sweats and tinnitus. But the biggest problem is exacerbation of my gastritis/acid reflux, for which I am already taking Dexilant. As it is, I’m barely able to digest enough nutrients to sustain me. Overall, it feels like I have the flu (but I don’t, because my temperature is 98.7 deg. F.

I had planned two more days at 2.0 mg before going to 1.5 mg, but if the symptoms continue to get worse, I’m considering holding until they get better and then making smaller cuts. As I said in an earlier post, I’m concerned that the train might have already left the station for a rapid taper. Yet I imagine a number of you are thinking, did he not get our message? Suck it up, bite the bullet, and get off ASAP!

SetFree, why aren't you doing a liquid titration at a much slower pace? I use to make cuts like you are until I hit 2.75 and realized the percentage was way above 10 percent--too high to comfortably survive the sxs and horrible wave that came with the cut.  My tapering and sxs have gotten much more manageable since I switched to the vodka water titration. I am actually sleeping now. If I may say sincerely and respectfully, it does not help to hear people on the forum refer to these drugs as poison, as the rest of us are still on this "poisonous" tapering regimen. If you are thinking "this is poison, I must end this quickly, every time I dose," it does in fact play out in your psyche and then your body that way. Please consider gentleness and equanimity during this intense time of healing of your body temple.

Builder, DiazPam,

1.  for a 2mg tablet, you would use 4mg vodka then dilute 9:1.  If you  did 2mg/4ml, then add 36ml water.  Each ml will contain .1mg diazepam

2.  dissolve a 2 mg tablet in 4 mg vodka add 16ml water you now have 20ml liquid, and each ml contains .1mg V

2mg/40ml  Each ml contains .05mg.  (2/40=.05)

2mg/20ml  Each ml contains .1mg.  (2/20= .1)

Anyone, Builder

Confused again

just want to make sure this is correct

so you multiply 40ml x .05mg = 2 mg        20ml x .1mg = 2mg

So if I use 2Oml x .1mg ratio and I want to take .25 mg I would move the decimal one place to 2.5  and draw out 2.5 ml - is that correct?

If I use 40ml X .05 ratio and want to take .25 mg I would draw out 5 ml -is that correct?

SetFree, why aren't you doing a liquid titration at a much slower pace? I use to make cuts like you are until I hit 2.75 and realized the percentage was way above 10 percent--too high to comfortably survive the sxs and horrible wave that came with the cut.  My tapering and sxs have gotten much more manageable since I switched to the vodka water titration. I am actually sleeping now. If I may say sincerely and respectfully, it does not help to hear people on the forum refer to these drugs as poison, as the rest of us are still on this "poisonous" tapering regimen. If you are thinking "this is poison, I must end this quickly, every time I dose," it does in fact play out in your psyche and then your body that way. Please consider gentleness and equanimity during this intense time of healing of your body temple.

Hi yogi and Setfree

Yogi.... Setfree has only been on valium for six weeks, which is why most people have suggested he rapid taper yogi. Sorry talk about poison effects you so. You are right of course that often tapering you have to not think about the drug that way. In fact you kind of have to think about the drug as little as you can as you keep putting it in your mouth and at an ever increasing lower dose. I'm glad you are doing better on titration method!

Setfree.... after 6 weeks use one would expect bad symptoms of withdrawal; the main difference in withdrawal from that and taking it longer will be severity and most importantly longevity. We might expect most on 6 weeks usage to be feeling better a few months after a rapid taper. As with everything though, what we expect for some may not work for others. I have seen the occassional person who had to do a slower taper to get off after short term use. Additionally, your pre-benzo lyica use may complicate the situation.

You will have to decide what to do ultimately. If you really think you can't try to see out two months without benzos first, then you do have the option of a slower taper at a rate you feel comfortable with. We are advising from the other side of a computer screen. We are advising after, or during, painful protracted tapers that we would prefer not to see replicated. But we aren't you...

Look after yourself MY and SF. This too shall pass

Builder, DiazPam,

Hi Basha

When you say you want a 9:1 ratio do you mean 1:10? That would be 1mg valium with 9ml liquid to equal 10ml? If so, and you want to use a whole 2mg tablet, this is what you would do .....

Dissolve the 2mg tablet in 4ml vodka. Add 16ml of water to make 20ml total. That makes a 2:20 ratio (which is just double a 1:10 ratio). Each ml would then contain 0.1mg.

Hi Diazpam

So if I use 2Oml x .1mg ratio and I want to take .25 mg I would move the decimal one place to 2.5  and draw out 2.5 ml - is that correct?

Hi Mrmteo,

.5ml syringes

Which one do you use?  Any preference to which works best for you?  Is the stopper hole on the liquid valium bottles a universal size?  I have been using the CVS 1ml oral syringes.  Now that I am getting low I want to switch to .5ml oral syringes.

Thanks

Hi Arcade,

I got the squirrel store ones.

I had bought the orange syringe with white graduations and it is very hard to see the levels.

I like the clear syringes the best.

All the bottles of liquid valium my mom got from walgreens was a generic bottle.

The new valium compounded in almond oil has this special cap where the syringe fits tightly into it for pulling out the liquid into the syringe. The squirrel store syringes fit perfectly in the special caps.

I also, liked the name of the store...lol

Hazelnutt, I agree with MirandaJane.... time for a new dr.

Miranda Jane is right too that ssris are very very unlikely to help at this point. Seroquel may but it wont really change the situation which is benzodiazepine withdrawal. Only benzodiazepines and time will help with that.

So I would be inclined to stick with what you are on: valium and trying to find a dose you feel comfortable with - probably stability - and then taper off. A valium dose that might stabilise you at this point would be around 14mg hopefully, remembering valium takes a while to build up. One would expect a sensible taper from that dose to take from 12-16 months, you can always go faster or slower depending on your priorities at the time.

Hi Mrmteo,

.5ml syringes

Thanks

Hi Arcade,

I got the squirrel store ones.

I had bought the orange syringe with white graduations and it is very hard to see the levels.

I like the clear syringes the best.

All the bottles of liquid valium my mom got from walgreens was a generic bottle.

The new valium compounded in almond oil has this special cap where the syringe fits tightly into it for pulling out the liquid into the syringe. The squirrel store syringes fit perfectly in the special caps.

I also, liked the name of the store...lol

Thank you sir.  The clear oral syringes from squirrel it is.  :)

Yes cool name!  🌝

Hi Diazpam

That would be too quick. You may have 20ml, but you have to keep in mind that only 10ml of that mixture equals 1mg. The whole 20ml equals 2mg, and if you reduce 2.5ml per day you would reduce a whole 1mg in just 4 days.

How much are you wanting to actually decrease each day? You can work that out by deciding over how many days you want to drop 1mg. Once you know that just divide 10ml (because that equals 1mg) by that number of days, and that will tell you how much you need to decrease each day. Then multiply by 10 to work out how much that amount is equivalent to as a 1:10 ratio mixture.

So, as an example, if you decided you want to drop 1mg over 30 days it would look like this...

1mg ÷ 30 days = 0.03mg drop per day

0.03mg drop per day x 10 = 0.3ml (to double check that it's.... 0.3ml x 30 days = 9ml (so a little under 10ml)

So each day you would need to reduce a 2mg=20ml valium/vodka/water liquid by 0.3ml, to achieve a 30 day reduction of 1mg.

I hope that makes sense.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Na...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Th...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]