Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Does anyone on this thread have experience using charcoal tablets or powder for belly issues?

thanks

yogi

For gas, I use fennel seed extract.

Digestive bitters for digestive issues.

[ae...]

Does anyone on this thread have experience using charcoal tablets or powder for belly issues?

thanks

yogi

Is the fennel seed an essential oil?

thanks

yogi

no. it is an extract in alcohol or you can get it in vegetable glycerin.

You can also, get fennel seed powder and just mix it in water and drink.

Maybe a 1/2 tsp of the powder.

[ae...]

thanks

yogi

thank you mrt, i will check that out.  My poor benzo belly feels like it wants to explode.  I wonder if the jumpers still experience the benzo belly. Hopefully at some point these symptoms start to decrease in intensity.

thanks

yogi

thank you mrt, i will check that out.  My poor benzo belly feels like it wants to explode.  I wonder if the jumpers still experience the benzo belly. Hopefully at some point these symptoms start to decrease in intensity.

My mom still has it waxing and waning and she is only on .06mg, so I don't forsee it leaving very soon.

I have asked others that recovered, but they don't remember when it went away.

My poor benzo belly feels like it wants to explode.  I wonder if the jumpers still experience the benzo belly.

yogibear, I never really had benzo belly but I had nausea from hell. I ate a lot of ginger, drank ginger tea, sucked on ginger candies and when it was truly awful, took Zofran.

I still (even today, thank you benzo gods) have a little of the sick dizzies. I guess this rotten s/x will just fade away. Sure hope so.  :-[

Hope you feel better.

My poor benzo belly feels like it wants to explode.  I wonder if the jumpers still experience the benzo belly.

yogibear, I never really had benzo belly but I had nausea from hell. I ate a lot of ginger, drank ginger tea, sucked on ginger candies and when it was truly awful, took Zofran.

I still (even today, thank you benzo gods) have a little of the sick dizzies. I guess this rotten s/x will just fade away. Sure hope so.  :-[

Hope you feel better.

Yogi, I do....

At times I'm so bloated...other days not so much.

It's less now on the lower dose ( only been off a day, so can't comment ).

The sick dizzies too. Just like Katz.

Really crappy, yes.

My sick dizzies went away a few weeks ago.  I can relate because it was bad for me at times.  Now I'm dealing with the  sensation of my brain feeling swollen or my head is filled with concrete.  It goes away at night.

I tell my wife I feel like a human bobble head.  Chuckle.

:)

A question about diazepam induced depression. (after a switch from a different benzo)

Does anyone here take an antidepressant for that kind of depression, or do you deal with this in a different way ?

A question about diazepam induced depression. (after a switch from a different benzo)

Does anyone here take an antidepressant for that kind of depression, or do you deal with this in a different way ?

Hi Liberty,

My had this symptom, but only at night for a few hours at most.

She would distract by watching TV until it went away.

I wish I had found a supplement, herb or homeopathic remedy that could help with the depression but was unable to find anything.

Maybe others out there have found something.

Hope you feel better.

Yogi, I do....

Really crappy, yes.

Hey Guys,

I have an arsenal of Tums, Pepto Bismol tablets and GasX (simethicone). A feeling of bloating, at least for me, can come from gas or irritation to the stomach lining. I take one or the other of these and sometimes all three. I use them liberally. Works well for me. I also sometimes eat a slice or several of junkie white bread, which helps as well for me.

Fun.

Steve

Hi Liberty,

I take no other supplements or psych meds.  I guess I have been lucky in this department.  I suffered from depression for only 3 days because of a large cut from 3.5 to 3.  I rationalized this as a reduction in serotonin due to my brain trying to adjust to the new dose.  Distraction and doing is the key to coping for me.

I think I have asked this before, but that was a long time ago.

Those who switched from Klonopin to Valium often had a rough time ... till the sedation wore off after a few months and they got dependent on the diazepam ? Is that how it went ?

Hope you feel better.

Yogi, I do....

Really crappy, yes.

Hey Guys,

I have an arsenal of Tums, Pepto Bismol tablets and GasX (simethicone). A feeling of bloating, at least for me, can come from gas or irritation to the stomach lining. I take one or the other of these and sometimes all three. I use them liberally. Works well for me. I also sometimes eat a slice or several of junkie white bread, which helps as well for me.

Fun.

Steve

Hi,

I also have had good relief from nausea, dizziness and bloating by taking rather large amounts of ginger as well as by altering my diet to stay away from food additives like carrageenan, artificial colors, flavorings, preservatives, etc., and just sticking to a light, rather bland diet with a minimal amount of processed foods. Licorice (if you don't have high blood pressure) and marshmallow root and slippery elm bark tea also have helped me as has raw honey. I'm not "cured", but I definitely feel better when I stick to the diet.

Best,

Mo

Hey Moo:

I told you that I would be back! I wanted to post this here, as well as micro taper. Question. My planned taper off 70 mg of Valium (using liquid V and pills) seems too fast for me. I was planning a micro taper 5% every 14 days. I noticed that it took builder 2 years to taper off 9 mg.  And Okatz had a very difficult taper from 15 mg, which took 33 months. These are waay slow tapers to me. Mine seems very rushed. Since you know I am stupid when it comes to math, and builder gave me the amount to cut every 14 days down to 57 mg, I guess I want to slow my taper rate down. He gave me a rate of 5% every 14 days, which is what I asked or. What is your opinion? Remember, I will not have my kpin to back me up. Seems everybody here is cutting much slower than I planned to do, and I want to err on the side of caution. And of course, you know, I won't be able to figure out the math on each progressive drop unless there is a math equation that someone would be willing to give me. W/O that equation, I am SOL. Thank you,

Bets :smitten:

Bets, I think I replied to this on the micro taper thread.

It's not a problem to make you a schedule. At all.

It might sounds rushed to you because you see people tapering on lower doses, maybe?

On 70 mgr you can probably still afford To go lots quicker.

I'll go look for my post to you later, okay ?

Little bit fogged right now.

Not too,long befor you're off K. :thumbsup:

Hey Moo:

I told you that I would be back! I wanted to post this here, as well as micro taper. Question. My planned taper off 70 mg of Valium (using liquid V and pills) seems too fast for me. I was planning a micro taper 5% every 14 days. I noticed that it took builder 2 years to taper off 9 mg.  And Okatz had a very difficult taper from 15 mg, which took 33 months. These are waay slow tapers to me. Mine seems very rushed. Since you know I am stupid when it comes to math, and builder gave me the amount to cut every 14 days down to 57 mg, I guess I want to slow my taper rate down. He gave me a rate of 5% every 14 days, which is what I asked or. What is your opinion? Remember, I will not have my kpin to back me up. Seems everybody here is cutting much slower than I planned to do, and I want to err on the side of caution. And of course, you know, I won't be able to figure out the math on each progressive drop unless there is a math equation that someone would be willing to give me. W/O that equation, I am SOL. Thank you,

Hey BG

IMO you probably shouldn't really be thinking in terms of a percentage taper if you are doing a daily liquid taper. Percentages are a good way to work out where to start, but you really need to be prepared to adjust that daily cut if it's not working for you.

I'm not sure what the specifics are of your liquid taper, but if you think what you are cutting is too much, it's really just a case of reducing how many mls you are reducing each day. I personally wouldn't bother about the %, because it's not really relevent with a daily taper. Possibly any easier method for you would be work out over how many days you want to reduce 1mg, and then work out how many mils you would need to reduce each day to achieve that amount.

If I can help you work it out let me know, but I'll need to know what kind of ratio you are using (ie 1:100 or 1:10).

Having said that, I'm not sure why you are using liquid to taper from 70mg. That seems like a high dose to start using liquid at, but everyone has to taper the best way they can, and there's certainly no rule that says you can't use liquid from any dose you want. Maybe you could start out making some dry cuts of even just 0.5mg at first and see how you go.

[ae...]

I just wanted to add for the belly healing seekers that I found a recipe online for lemon and baking soda in water.  It seemed to help with the belly and alkalinizing the belly. There is a product I have been using by Metagenics called Glutagenics with Glutamine and aloe that is supposed to repair the lining of the intestines, we'll see.  I feel inspired by jackie's post on the forum about the brain http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.0. I wish I could find that sort of detailed explanation about what is happening to the gut and how it repairs itself in time.  Anyway, definitely worth the read if you have not found it yet and are looking for a little light at the end of the tunnel.

be well BB's

:smitten:

Hey Moo:

Hey BG

IMO you probably shouldn't really be thinking in terms of a percentage taper if you are doing a daily liquid taper. Percentages are a good way to work out where to start, but you really need to be prepared to adjust that daily cut if it's not working for you.

I'm not sure what the specifics are of your liquid taper, but if you think what you are cutting is too much, it's really just a case of reducing how many mls you are reducing each day. I personally wouldn't bother about the %, because it's not really relevent with a daily taper. Possibly any easier method for you would be work out over how many days you want to reduce 1mg, and then work out how many mils you would need to reduce each day to achieve that amount.

If I can help you work it out let me know, but I'll need to know what kind of ratio you are using (ie 1:100 or 1:10).

Having said that, I'm not sure why you are using liquid to taper from 70mg. That seems like a high dose to start using liquid at, but everyone has to taper the best way they can, and there's certainly no rule that says you can't use liquid from any dose you want. Maybe you could start out making some dry cuts of even just 0.5mg at first and see how you go.

Bets, I agree.

I think at your dose you can still dry cut pretty easily.

I wouldn't go liquid on 70 mgr either but if you really want any to take it slow, it surely can't hurt.

Anyway, if you need a schedule, let Diaz or myself know or anyone on the micro taper thread.

Maybe, Just do a few 0.5 cuts and see how you do?

What do you think ?

Hey Moo:

Hey BG

Bets, I agree.

I think at your dose you can still dry cut pretty easily.

I wouldn't go liquid on 70 mgr either but if you really want any to take it slow, it surely can't hurt.

Anyway, if you need a schedule, let Diaz or myself know or anyone on the micro taper thread.

Maybe, Just do a few 0.5 cuts and see how you do?

What do you think ?

Well, my first cut will be easy, but the following cuts would be much harder and an odd count. Builder gave me a list of the progressive cuts for 5% every two weeks, but now I lost the damned thing. sigh. I assumed since I would be cutting, at first, .25 mg per day, that would add up to 3.5 mg every 2 weeks. Would doing cut and hold speed things up for me? It seems to me that they add up either way. I don't know what you mean about .5 cuts. Do you mean cutting .5 every day? That would mean a 10% cut every 14 days. Waaaay to fast for me. Doing a micro taper from the very beginning would slow things down a lot? I'm still not getting the pic here. Builder said for me to take 69 mg in pill form, then on the first day drop .25 mg, 2nd day, .5 mg, 3rd day .75 mg, 4th day drop 1 mg. Next time around take 68 mg and rinse and repeat. So I don't know what to think cause I don't understand what your .5 suggestion is. I will be in need of an equation. I always felt one should be cautious at first and then you can speed things up. Also, Valium lasts a long time so I won't know for a while how I will feel. Understand where I am coming from?

Bets

Well, my first cut will be easy, but the following cuts would be much harder and an odd count. Builder gave me a list of the progressive cuts for 5% every two weeks, but now I lost the damned thing. sigh. I assumed since I would be cutting, at first, .25 mg per day, that would add up to 3.5 mg every 2 weeks. Would doing cut and hold speed things up for me? It seems to me that they add up either way. I don't know what you mean about .5 cuts. Do you mean cutting .5 every day? That would mean a 10% cut every 14 days. Waaaay to fast for me. Doing a micro taper from the very beginning would slow things down a lot? I'm still not getting the pic here. Builder said for me to take 69 mg in pill form, then on the first day drop .25 mg, 2nd day, .5 mg, 3rd day .75 mg, 4th day drop 1 mg. Next time around take 68 mg and rinse and repeat. So I don't know what to think cause I don't understand what your .5 suggestion is. I will be in need of an equation. I always felt one should be cautious at first and then you can speed things up. Also, Valium lasts a long time so I won't know for a while how I will feel. Understand where I am coming from?

Bets

With a cut and hold taper I was suggesting cutting say 0.5mg, which would bring you to a daily dose of 69.5mg, and take that 69.5mg every day for at least a week to see how you feel.  I don't know for sure of course, but I would suspect that you might not even notice that sized cut. If you felt okay after a week or so, then you could cut another 0.5mg, and then hold at that new dose of 69mg for another week or so.

So if for example you cut 0.5mg once a week, that would mean that you will cut 1mg every 4 weeks, and that would equal a percentage cut of about 1.5% every 4 weeks. That is a really slow taper, and you might find that you could get away with cutting more than the 0.5mg every week.

edit - oops - sorry got that totally wrong. I'll try again....

So if for example you cut 0.5mg once a week, that would mean that you will cut 1mg every 2 weeks, and that would equal a percentage cut of about 1.5% every 2 weeks or 3% every 4 weeks. That is a really slow taper, and you might find that you could get away with cutting more than the 0.5mg every week.

I can't say for sure what would be faster - cut and hold or a daily taper, but in theory a daily taper can end up being quicker when you're on the lower doses because you are allowing your body to slowly adjust as you lower your dose. Either way, you can only taper as fast as your body will allow you.

So if you still want to do a liquid daily taper, can you tell me exactly how you are making up each batch (ie are you using 1ml of liquid valium with 10ml of water, or with 100ml of water). I can help you work out how many mls to reduce each day if I know how much liquid you are using.

Hi Again Bets

I've just done some calculations, and if you want to cut 5% every 2 weeks, that means you would drop 3.5mg every 2 weeks. So to achieve that reduction, doing daily liquid cuts, you would need to cut 0.25mg per day. To check that all you have to do is .... 0.25mg x 14 days = 3.5mg

I'm going to assume you are using a 100ml liquid mixture (if you're using 10ml, or not diluting at all - no biggie, I can just adjust the figures). I prefer to work in 1mg reductions, so you would reduce 1mg every 4 days. That will equal a daily reduction of 25ml of the 100ml solution, which is the same as 0.25mg.

So to work out your daily doses you would firstly take 69mg in dry tablets and each day you will make the following reductions.....

Day 1 – Drink the 100ml solution

Day 2 – Make a new solution and drink 75ml (you can either discard the rest or use it to make up part of your next day’s dose)

Day 3 – Make a new solution and drink 50ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 4 – Make a new solution and drink 25ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 5 – Make a new solution and drink the whole 100ml again, but reduce your dry tablets by 1mg to 68mg. Then just keep following the above pattern.

If you find that 25ml reduction every day is too much, then all you have to do is reduce it to say 20ml and see how you go.

What I've set out there is exactly what builder has set out for you, but perhaps just explained slightly differently.

[ae...]
4 a.m. and surging with electricity. So much for making plans to do anything ever that brings me joy. How can one ever make plans to go to a lovely farmer's market, as I had planned for tomorrow, errr I mean today, or a vacation with the specter of the benzo beast showing up to remind me that my life has been hijacked with no end in site? I quit my job 2 months and have lost precious moments with my son to this beast, what next?

Hi Liberty,

My had this symptom, but only at night for a few hours at most.

She would distract by watching TV until it went away.

I wish I had found a supplement, herb or homeopathic remedy that could help with the depression but was unable to find anything.

Maybe others out there have found something.

Unfortunately for me it's more a daytime thing.

MEGA CONGRATS TO MOODLE AND OKATZ‼️‼️‼️‼️. You give me and so many others hope. Good on ya!!  Cross

SHARED POST:

Today, Moodle and I . . . JUMPED.

We are DONE!

We held virtual hands today, having taken our last dose.

We did it!!! It was less scary doing this together  :smitten:

We were nervous, excited, but determined. And now it's done!

Okatz and Moodle