Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Moodle,

Congrats to you.

thanks for the quick reply - the situation is it's not little bits, but the entire liquid is filled with white bits and the bottom too.

About 95-98% of the tablet is binders, fillers, colorants, and other inactive ingredients, many of which are insoluble.  But the active ingredient, diazepam, is definitely dissolved.

Moodle,

Congrats to you.

thanks for the quick reply - the situation is it's not little bits, but the entire liquid is filled with white bits and the bottom too.

Yes, that's normal, Basha.

You've used more than enough vodka to dissolve your Valium.

For example , when I was on Ativan and was weighing my pills, they'd weigh about 0.30 gram.

That was for a 1 mgr tablet.

See ? How much filler that is per active ingredient ?

I've done the milk titration for a bit and I also saw a lot of white gunk .

If you shake your liquid around well, you can just dose... :smitten:

SHARED POST:

Today, Moodle and I . . . JUMPED.

We are DONE!

We held virtual hands today, having taken our last dose.

We did it!!! It was less scary doing this together  :smitten:

We were nervous, excited, but determined. And now it's done!

Okatz and Moodle

;) ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SHARED POST:

We are DONE!

Okatz and Moodle

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]YIPPEE!! CONGRATULATIONS TO OKATZ AND MOODLE!! [/glow][/shadow]

It's so great to have a Jumping Buddy. Eliz and I jumped at the same time, and it's been really good to be able to keep comparing notes and keep each updated on what's happening in our lives.

SHARED POST:

We are DONE!

Okatz and Moodle

;) ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Builder.

Means a lot.

:thumbsup:

I have heard from other people on the board that it is better to stay with one method of medication. Either all pill or all liquid. I dissolve 15mg because I would have to take a lot of liquid to fulfill my dosage at this point. My husband plugged the numbers into an excel spread sheet and came up with better ratios. So at 15mg dilution in 98 mL of water(2ml vodka), I do 17.67 mL of the solution to get 2.65 mg of Diazepam.

I'm not sure who has said you need to stick with either pill or liquid, but it's just not true. Most people who titrate use tablets for most of their dose and then some form of liquified valium for just 1mg. Usually they use vodka, milk or actual liquid valium. I've used all three methods and they all work well. It just comes down to personal preference.

Seeing as you are on a lower dose you could titrate you entire dose if you wanted to, but I frankly don't see the point in liquifying a whole tablet that you don't need to reduce from. You're taking a very accurate dose (ie a whole tablet) and turning it into liquid unnecessarily. I think Colin posted a method somewhere that gives the instructions for liquifying your entire dose, but as far as I'm aware he never did a titration reduction, so he really doesn't have any experience with it. Those of us who have done it are the ones with the experience. Titrating your whole dose is just not necessary.

Maybe I'm being really dumb (which is highly likely..lol..), but I still just don't understand what you mean when you say you "have to take a lot of liquid to fulfull my dosage at this point". Your dosage is only 2.65mg per day, and seeing as that is quite a low dose you could titrate the whole amount if you wanted to, but you would only need to titrate 3mg and reduce from that.  I just don't understand the necessity for the 15mg thing. Also putting 15mg into just 100ml is making a highly concentrated mixture, so you will need to be extremely accurate with your measurements.

There really aren't any better or easier ratios than the 1:10 or 1:100 ones (which would be 3mg with 30ml of liquid or 3mg with 300ml liquid, if you were to titrate your entire dose), so I'm not sure what ratio your husband is using, or why he needs to use 15mg, but if you understand it then that's all that matters, but please make sure you understand it. There was a lady on BB 2-3 years ago who had a family member work out her titration for her, because her liquid valium was the slightly more complicated 2mg=5ml and she didn't want to learn how to do it herself. She suffered really badly and the end result was that the last part of her taper was done as a quick detox in hospital. I'm sure your husband is doing it right, but please make sure that you are dosing correctly, because it's hell on earth if you don't - as I'm sure you already know.

Thank you for the input, I will try a combo of both pill and liquid. How long can you keep the solution sitting on the counter?

I personally wouldn't leave it on the counter in case it is affected by light or heat. I always kept mine in a cool cupboard away from light.

I don't have much knowledge on how long a mixture is actually viable for, but I always stayed on the safe side and only kept a batch going for up to about 5 days, in case there was any loss of potency.

SHARED POST:

We are DONE!

Okatz and Moodle

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]YIPPEE!! CONGRATULATIONS TO OKATZ AND MOODLE!! [/glow][/shadow]

It's so great to have a Jumping Buddy. Eliz and I jumped at the same time, and it's been really good to be able to keep comparing notes and keep each updated on what's happening in our lives.

Thank you Diaz!

Hope,your doing okay.. :)

Etown!!! You jumped too??? Congratulations! Best to you as you step into the next phase. It takes tremendous dedication to complete a taper. That strength will carry you through the next stage of healing.

I am grateful for the support and encouragement you showed me during my taper....long journey shared.

Warmly,

Carita :smitten:

Thanks A. With all this excitement I decided to join in.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII""""""""""""""""""""""""""""MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

DONE!

etown

...... and another one bites the dust.....

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]WELL DONE ETOWN. YAYYYYYYY !!!!![/glow][/shadow]

You're all Jumping Buddies together.

Moodle,

Congrats to you.

As long as you allowed the valium tablet to break down totally in the valium (which doesn't take long - maybe less than a minute) all that powdery white stuff is just fillers, as Moo and builder said. The valium has been released into the vodka. Don't worry about it. Just shake and measure. You'll be fine.

SHARED POST:

We are DONE!

Okatz and Moodle

Wow happy tears to you both

etown

Etown! You KNOW I would not have made it without your help, right ?

You were the one who plucked me right off the boards where I was frantically posting. And then I stuck to the Valium thread and ( did my best to ) listen to you and I got stable. Your encouragement and comforting posts have pulled me through then. Seems like ages ago now. Crazy !

Couldn't have done it without you.

With hugs and much gratitude and waiting for ya!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII""""""""""""""""""""""""""""MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

DONE!

etown

I sure wish I could join in, but you all are awesome!

Smooth landings for everyone jumping this benzo free season!

I have heard from other people on the board that it is better to stay with one method of medication. Either all pill or all liquid. I dissolve 15mg because I would have to take a lot of liquid to fulfill my dosage at this point. My husband plugged the numbers into an excel spread sheet and came up with better ratios. So at 15mg dilution in 98 mL of water(2ml vodka), I do 17.67 mL of the solution to get 2.65 mg of Diazepam.

I'm not sure who has said you need to stick with either pill or liquid, but it's just not true. Most people who titrate use tablets for most of their dose and then some form of liquified valium for just 1mg. Usually they use vodka, milk or actual liquid valium. I've used all three methods and they all work well. It just comes down to personal preference.

Seeing as you are on a lower dose you could titrate you entire dose if you wanted to, but I frankly don't see the point in liquifying a whole tablet that you don't need to reduce from. You're taking a very accurate dose (ie a whole tablet) and turning it into liquid unnecessarily. I think Colin posted a method somewhere that gives the instructions for liquifying your entire dose, but as far as I'm aware he never did a titration reduction, so he really doesn't have any experience with it. Those of us who have done it are the ones with the experience. Titrating your whole dose is just not necessary.

Maybe I'm being really dumb (which is highly likely..lol..), but I still just don't understand what you mean when you say you "have to take a lot of liquid to fulfull my dosage at this point". Your dosage is only 2.65mg per day, and seeing as that is quite a low dose you could titrate the whole amount if you wanted to, but you would only need to titrate 3mg and reduce from that.  I just don't understand the necessity for the 15mg thing. Also putting 15mg into just 100ml is making a highly concentrated mixture, so you will need to be extremely accurate with your measurements.

There really aren't any better or easier ratios than the 1:10 or 1:100 ones (which would be 3mg with 30ml of liquid or 3mg with 300ml liquid, if you were to titrate your entire dose), so I'm not sure what ratio your husband is using, or why he needs to use 15mg, but if you understand it then that's all that matters, but please make sure you understand it. There was a lady on BB 2-3 years ago who had a family member work out her titration for her, because her liquid valium was the slightly more complicated 2mg=5ml and she didn't want to learn how to do it herself. She suffered really badly and the end result was that the last part of her taper was done as a quick detox in hospital. I'm sure your husband is doing it right, but please make sure that you are dosing correctly, because it's hell on earth if you don't - as I'm sure you already know.

Thank you for the input, I will try a combo of both pill and liquid. How long can you keep the solution sitting on the counter?

I personally wouldn't leave it on the counter in case it is affected by light or heat. I always kept mine in a cool cupboard away from light.

I don't have much knowledge on how long a mixture is actually viable for, but I always stayed on the safe side and only kept a batch going for up to about 5 days, in case there was any loss of potency.

Thank you Diaz-pam :)

Good job Moodle and oregonkatz!!! Congrats!!!

SHARED POST:

We are DONE!

Okatz and Moodle

SHARED POST:

We are DONE!

Okatz and Moodle

etown

You were the one who plucked me right off the boards where I was frantically posting. And then I stuck to the Valium thread and ( did my best to ) listen to you and I got stable. Your encouragement and comforting posts have pulled me through then. Seems like ages ago now. Crazy !

DONE!

etown

ha!

Holy Crap!

I'm so EXCITEMENT!!!

I can't stop smiling!!

This is the bestest news ever. Some of my favorite people all FREEEEEE

p.s Thanks Yogi. I love the thelma and louise leap pic!

So happy to hear of everyone's taking their last dose!  Hope your journey from here on is not too hard.  I know many will be wishing you all the very best.  Let us hear from you.

Just want to add my congrats to you all.  Its so wonderful and we all hope to join you one day.  Please stay around and help us, we need you.  Best of health and happiness to you three.

You can safely store it on the counter, but protectfrom direct light.,

I often kept a batch for 10days-2weeks on the counter, but I covered the jar with a Solo cup.

SHARED POST:

We are DONE!

Okatz and Moodle

etown

DONE!

etown

Congratulation!!  :clap:

You can safely store it on the counter, but protectfrom direct light.,

I often kept a batch for 10days-2weeks on the counter, but I covered the jar with a Solo cup.

thanks Builder

How WONDERFUL!!  :yippee:

CONGRATULATIONS Etown,  :smitten: Katz  :smitten: and Moo  :smitten:

Wishing each of you healing blessings  :angel:

Thank you with my heart for being there for me .. :smitten:

I will be praying for your well being from here on forward  :angel:

Love, Anu  :hug:

Does anyone on this thread have experience using charcoal tablets or powder for belly issues?

thanks

yogi

my understanding is charcoal does the job of absorbing a bunch of chemicals including medication, so it may be difficult to keep your dose consistent and take the charcoal  :smitten:

Does anyone on this thread have experience using charcoal tablets or powder for belly issues?

thanks

yogi

my understanding is charcoal does the job of absorbing a bunch of chemicals including medication, so it may be difficult to keep your dose consistent and take the charcoal  :smitten:

I understood from the source that it should not be consumed around meals and that would probably apply to dosing time as well.  I thought it might be a way to deal with my intense benzo belly issues by detoxing all of this shite out of my body, including the 6 months of oxycodone and percocet prior to valium use. I'm desperate here :sick:, and willing to try anything.

By the way Ms. Smiff, how is day 8 treating you(or is it 9?)? Everything bright and shiny on the other side of the rapids?