Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Yes, does gabapentin help Withdrawls?

My sister withdrew from 2 mg ativan in 2 months with gabapentin and.buspar.

She was on  ativan  5 years.  She works full time. She's 56.

I

She is till on gabapentin now about 600 mg a day..and buspar.

Wondered about gaba..

Terry.

help BB's. just made my first vodka water titration mixture and I put 15 mg in 1 mL of vodka and it was not enough vodka to dissolve the tabs so I added another mL of vodka then added 23mL of water.  Does the added vodka change things? Also, I am noticing pill residue on the side of the jar.  Will that mess up the amount of Diazepam in my dose?

Adding extra vodka doesn't change anything. It is only used as a medium to dissolve the valium.

The residue on the jar is just the fillers in the tablets. They won't dissolve anyway, so just ignore them.

However, I'm a little confused by why you put 15mg V in just 2ml of vodka. According to your signature you are down to just 2.75mg. Also putting so much valium in such a small amount of vodka (ie 1 or 2ml) could make dissolving the valium more difficult.

There is some disagreement over how much valium 1ml of vodka will actually dissolve (the amounts have ranged from not very much up to as much as 16mg), so you need to be careful because you could be playing on dangerous ground if you use a lot of valium in a small amount of vodka. What I now recommend is 2ml of vodka for every 1mg of valium.

When doing a titration taper, most people make a liquid out of 1mg of their overall dose, and then take the rest of their dose as dry tablets. So if you are on 15mg, I would make a liquid out of 1mg and then take the other 14mg as dry tablets.

Most people also keep to the 1:10 or 1:100 ratio when making a valium solution/suspension. For the vodka method you would add 2ml of vodka to 1mg of valium, allow to dissolve for a minute or so, and then add enough water to make either a 10ml mixture (ie add 8ml of water) or a 100ml mixture (ie add 98ml of water). That will make the reduction process much more straight forward.

If you prefer to not cut your tablet in half (to get the 1mg) then you can use a 2mg tablet, add 4ml of vodka and then add enough water to make a mixture of either 20ml or 200ml. This will be the same ratio as above, but you have just made up a double mixture.

***edited for clarification***

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If it is 80 proof (40%) vodka it will dissolve only 1.9mg V in 1ml.  Higher proofs will do much better than this, but most people seem to use 80.  The source of this info is reliable...The Handbook of Solubility Data for Pharmaceuticals.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Handbook+of+Pharmaceutical+Solubility.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I had understood from other sources here that you can dissolve up to 16 mg per 1 mL of vodka.  Anyway, it seemed to dissolve properly with 2 mL and then I added 98 mL of water and changed my proportion of dose.  It seemed to work ok.  I had also heard DiazPam that it was not good to mix tablets and water dilutions and that it was better to stay with one method.  My husband is using a microsoft excel spread sheet so it is easy to plug in the desired quantities for a manageable amount of liquid. I went down to 2.65 mg yesterday and it seems to be ok, I hope :-\. Thanks for  the help Pam and SG. My waves have been long and intense with the dry cut and hold method.  The most difficult part of this process is trying to get my doctor on board with what I am doing and why.  The pharmacist was arrogant and uniformed about the process of tapering and could not understand why at 2.75 mg of Diazepam, I could not drop down to 2 then 1 and be done in a couple of weeks. :idiot:

It has been written here that 1ml vodka will dissolve up to 16mg, and I might have even mentioned that on the vodka titration thread. However, there does seem to be some disagreement with that amount now. I personally dissolved 1mg in 1ml of vodka and had no problems, but it doesn't hurt to use a bit more to be on the safe side. I don't think it is a good idea to try to dissolve so much valium in 1ml of vodka though, and it's not necessary anyway for a simple titration.

I'm not sure what you mean by me saying you should stay with one method. Maybe you heard me say you shouldn't try to dissolve valium tablets in water. That doesn't work because valium isn't easily soluble in water. However you can certainly dissolve a small amount of valium (usually 1-2mg) in a small amount of vodka (usually 2-4ml) and then add water once the valium has been dissolved in the vodka.

I'm still a bit confused as to why you put so much valium into the vodka anyway when your dose is only 2.65mg. What you should be doing is taking 2mg as a dry tablet and put the other 1mg into the vodka/water mixture and only reduce from that liquid.

GABA

Funny i came to post about GABA and then to see it being talked about.

During my 2 years on Lorazepam and c/o to Valium/Diazepam  I have spent over $1000 on supplements of one sort or the other to help my brain and gaba receptors

I gave up about 10 months ago as everything i tried seemed to work from 10 minutes to 2 hours and then i went into withdrawal...so i accepted my lot and did my best and had lots of potatoes ( they did help in AM )

But now that i am so low in dosage i wondered if it might have been the amount of Benzos that rebelled against any supplement help. It was like the Benzos was jealous and attacked if i tried anything else...so yesterday i decided to try GABA from vitamin Shoppe 750 mg. Funny it is the one thing i had not tried as most of what i read said it didn't work. I kept remembering taking it one time from GNC about 20 years ago and it made me feel really good and relaxed.

So i tried one last night and today i had an amazing window most of the day.

I asked my wife to try one to see what it did for her...she said she felt really good but really tired.

To me ill take really tired all day long to feel really good after a two year drought. I have felt almost blissful all day ( it was also a perfect 75 degree blue sky day here so that helped too.)  I actually don't remember when i felt like this before the Dr. Put me on this crap for heart issues.

Not sure if it will work for you but the stuff is really cheap and would have paid a ton more to get what i got today.

Tomorrow might be different but i got some relief today and i can breath and now have a memory that will keep me going until i can get there naturally again :-)

Cheers to All!

Mark

help BB's. just made my first vodka water titration mixture and I put 15 mg in 1 mL of vodka and it was not enough vodka to dissolve the tabs so I added another mL of vodka then added 23mL of water.  Does the added vodka change things? Also, I am noticing pill residue on the side of the jar.  Will that mess up the amount of Diazepam in my dose?

Adding extra vodka doesn't change anything. It is only used as a medium to dissolve the valium.

The residue on the jar is just the fillers in the tablets. They won't dissolve anyway, so just ignore them.

However, I'm a little confused by why you put 15mg V in just 2ml of vodka. According to your signature you are down to just 2.75mg. Also putting so much valium in such a small amount of vodka (ie 1 or 2ml) could make dissolving the valium more difficult.

There is some disagreement over how much valium 1ml of vodka will actually dissolve (the amounts have ranged from not very much up to as much as 16mg), so you need to be careful because you could be playing on dangerous ground if you use a lot of valium in a small amount of vodka. What I now recommend is 2ml of vodka for every 1mg of valium.

When doing a titration taper, most people make a liquid out of 1mg of their overall dose, and then take the rest of their dose as dry tablets. So if you are on 15mg, I would make a liquid out of 1mg and then take the other 14mg as dry tablets.

Most people also keep to the 1:10 or 1:100 ratio when making a valium solution/suspension. For the vodka method you would add 2ml of vodka to 1mg of valium, allow to dissolve for a minute or so, and then add enough water to make either a 10ml mixture (ie add 8ml of water) or a 100ml mixture (ie add 98ml of water). That will make the reduction process much more straight forward.

If you prefer to not cut your tablet in half (to get the 1mg) then you can use a 2mg tablet, add 4ml of vodka and then add enough water to make a mixture of either 20ml or 200ml. This will be the same ratio as above, but you have just made up a double mixture.

***edited for clarification***

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If it is 80 proof (40%) vodka it will dissolve only 1.9mg V in 1ml.  Higher proofs will do much better than this, but most people seem to use 80.  The source of this info is reliable...The Handbook of Solubility Data for Pharmaceuticals.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Handbook+of+Pharmaceutical+Solubility.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I had understood from other sources here that you can dissolve up to 16 mg per 1 mL of vodka.  Anyway, it seemed to dissolve properly with 2 mL and then I added 98 mL of water and changed my proportion of dose.  It seemed to work ok.  I had also heard DiazPam that it was not good to mix tablets and water dilutions and that it was better to stay with one method.  My husband is using a microsoft excel spread sheet so it is easy to plug in the desired quantities for a manageable amount of liquid. I went down to 2.65 mg yesterday and it seems to be ok, I hope :-\. Thanks for  the help Pam and SG. My waves have been long and intense with the dry cut and hold method.  The most difficult part of this process is trying to get my doctor on board with what I am doing and why.  The pharmacist was arrogant and uniformed about the process of tapering and could not understand why at 2.75 mg of Diazepam, I could not drop down to 2 then 1 and be done in a couple of weeks. :idiot:

It has been written here that 1ml vodka will dissolve up to 16mg, and I might have even mentioned that on the vodka titration thread. However, there does seem to be some disagreement with that amount now. I personally dissolved 1mg in 1ml of vodka and had no problems, but it doesn't hurt to use a bit more to be on the safe side. I don't think it is a good idea to try to dissolve so much valium in 1ml of vodka though, and it's not necessary anyway for a simple titration.

I'm not sure what you mean by me saying you should stay with one method. Maybe you heard me say you shouldn't try to dissolve valium tablets in water. That doesn't work because valium isn't easily soluble in water. However you can certainly dissolve a small amount of valium (usually 1-2mg) in a small amount of vodka (usually 2-4ml) and then add water once the valium has been dissolved in the vodka.

I'm still a bit confused as to why you put so much valium into the vodka anyway when your dose is only 2.65mg. What you should be doing is taking 2mg as a dry tablet and put the other 1mg into the vodka/water mixture and only reduce from that liquid.

I have heard from other people on the board that it is better to stay with one method of medication. Either all pill or all liquid. I dissolve 15mg because I would have to take a lot of liquid to fulfill my dosage at this point. My husband plugged the numbers into an excel spread sheet and came up with better ratios. So at 15mg dilution in 98 mL of water(2ml vodka), I do 17.67 mL of the solution to get 2.65 mg of Diazepam.

GABA

Funny i came to post about GABA and then to see it being talked about.

During my 2 years on Lorazepam and c/o to Valium/Diazepam  I have spent over $1000 on supplements of one sort or the other to help my brain and gaba receptors

I gave up about 10 months ago as everything i tried seemed to work from 10 minutes to 2 hours and then i went into withdrawal...so i accepted my lot and did my best and had lots of potatoes ( they did help in AM )

But now that i am so low in dosage i wondered if it might have been the amount of Benzos that rebelled against any supplement help. It was like the Benzos was jealous and attacked if i tried anything else...so yesterday i decided to try GABA from vitamin Shoppe 750 mg. Funny it is the one thing i had not tried as most of what i read said it didn't work. I kept remembering taking it one time from GNC about 20 years ago and it made me feel really good and relaxed.

So i tried one last night and today i had an amazing window most of the day.

I asked my wife to try one to see what it did for her...she said she felt really good but really tired.

To me ill take really tired all day long to feel really good after a two year drought. I have felt almost blissful all day ( it was also a perfect 75 degree blue sky day here so that helped too.)  I actually don't remember when i felt like this before the Dr. Put me on this crap for heart issues.

Not sure if it will work for you but the stuff is really cheap and would have paid a ton more to get what i got today.

Tomorrow might be different but i got some relief today and i can breath and now have a memory that will keep me going until i can get there naturally again :-)

Cheers to All!

Mark

So Mark, is it Pharma-Gaba that you are taking? Because I have read that regular Gaba does not cross the blood brain barrier.

mountainyogi No Vitamin Shoppe is a store all over the USA

I know it is not supposed to work accross the blood brain barrier but it had to be the GABA today... the seminar link i posted a few pages back is a Dr. who gets this stuff and she said she found that GABA worked the best...so i figured i  would give it a try.

It is wearing off tonight and i am feeling it a bit...but my psychology needed what i got today

I don't have a fatty liver I have hepatitis c. Big difference but my liver is compromised it wasn't clearing the valium I had to go back to ativan I guess I'm going to try to micro taper I couldn't tolerate the valium I made it two weeks and it was soooo sweating and made me so sick but wast making my symptoms any better at all

I have heard from other people on the board that it is better to stay with one method of medication. Either all pill or all liquid. I dissolve 15mg because I would have to take a lot of liquid to fulfill my dosage at this point. My husband plugged the numbers into an excel spread sheet and came up with better ratios. So at 15mg dilution in 98 mL of water(2ml vodka), I do 17.67 mL of the solution to get 2.65 mg of Diazepam.

I'm not sure who has said you need to stick with either pill or liquid, but it's just not true. Most people who titrate use tablets for most of their dose and then some form of liquified valium for just 1mg. Usually they use vodka, milk or actual liquid valium. I've used all three methods and they all work well. It just comes down to personal preference.

Seeing as you are on a lower dose you could titrate you entire dose if you wanted to, but I frankly don't see the point in liquifying a whole tablet that you don't need to reduce from. You're taking a very accurate dose (ie a whole tablet) and turning it into liquid unnecessarily. I think Colin posted a method somewhere that gives the instructions for liquifying your entire dose, but as far as I'm aware he never did a titration reduction, so he really doesn't have any experience with it. Those of us who have done it are the ones with the experience. Titrating your whole dose is just not necessary.

Maybe I'm being really dumb (which is highly likely..lol..), but I still just don't understand what you mean when you say you "have to take a lot of liquid to fulfull my dosage at this point". Your dosage is only 2.65mg per day, and seeing as that is quite a low dose you could titrate the whole amount if you wanted to, but you would only need to titrate 3mg and reduce from that.  I just don't understand the necessity for the 15mg thing. Also putting 15mg into just 100ml is making a highly concentrated mixture, so you will need to be extremely accurate with your measurements.

There really aren't any better or easier ratios than the 1:10 or 1:100 ones (which would be 3mg with 30ml of liquid or 3mg with 300ml liquid, if you were to titrate your entire dose), so I'm not sure what ratio your husband is using, or why he needs to use 15mg, but if you understand it then that's all that matters, but please make sure you understand it. There was a lady on BB 2-3 years ago who had a family member work out her titration for her, because her liquid valium was the slightly more complicated 2mg=5ml and she didn't want to learn how to do it herself. She suffered really badly and the end result was that the last part of her taper was done as a quick detox in hospital. I'm sure your husband is doing it right, but please make sure that you are dosing correctly, because it's hell on earth if you don't - as I'm sure you already know.

Just to update: I have officially throw away ALL my valium on last Friday night!!!

Have been taking magnesium daily and I guess it helps with the heart palpitation I'm having.

I sleep better at night also.

Congrats Smiff!!! :thumbsup::clap:

I have some symptoms last night again, after dosing on the emergency pill on sunday night with much regrets.

Fortunately, my breathing exercise helps and I manage to fall asleep after that.  8)

To be honest, I have not pluck up the courage to throw away all my benzos yet.  :-[ I feel insecure without them

at my house. As I'm writing this, I decided to throw away them tonight. History must not repeat itself again.

It took me 1 year and 8 mths to finish the taper of a 5mgs valium.

I have no regrets to be on the slower path, as I'm functioning much better than in the past. I'm so glad I found

benzobuddies.  :smitten:

Just to update: I have officially throw away ALL my valium on last Friday night!!!

Have been taking magnesium daily and I guess it helps with the heart palpitation I'm having.

I have some symptoms last night again, after dosing on the emergency pill on sunday night with much regrets.

Fortunately, my breathing exercise helps and I manage to fall asleep after that.  8)

To be honest, I have not pluck up the courage to throw away all my benzos yet.  :-[ I feel insecure without them

at my house. As I'm writing this, I decided to throw away them tonight. History must not repeat itself again.

I have no regrets to be on the slower path, as I'm functioning much better than in the past. I'm so glad I found

You are amazing !!!

Well done ! :thumbsup:

nice one

I smashed mine tablets and bottle of liquid v

Then, because I was third day from jumping and a little anxious, I freaked out cause there were remnants of oil on the container. Anywhere there was a splatter seemed as though it was valium staying in my life. I got over it  :laugh:

:clap:

:clap:

I'm not sure who has said you need to stick with either pill or liquid, but it's just not true. Most people who titrate use tablets for most of their dose and then some form of liquified valium for just 1mg. Usually they use vodka, milk or actual liquid valium. I've used all three methods and they all work well. It just comes down to personal preference.

Seeing as you are on a lower dose you could titrate you entire dose if you wanted to, but I frankly don't see the point in liquifying a whole tablet that you don't need to reduce from. You're taking a very accurate dose (ie a whole tablet) and turning it into liquid unnecessarily. I think Colin posted a method somewhere that gives the instructions for liquifying your entire dose, but as far as I'm aware he never did a titration reduction, so he really doesn't have any experience with it. Those of us who have done it are the ones with the experience. Titrating your whole dose is just not necessary.

Maybe I'm being really dumb (which is highly likely..lol..), but I still just don't understand what you mean when you say you "have to take a lot of liquid to fulfull my dosage at this point". Your dosage is only 2.65mg per day, and seeing as that is quite a low dose you could titrate the whole amount if you wanted to, but you would only need to titrate 3mg and reduce from that.  I just don't understand the necessity for the 15mg thing. Also putting 15mg into just 100ml is making a highly concentrated mixture, so you will need to be extremely accurate with your measurements.

There really aren't any better or easier ratios than the 1:10 or 1:100 ones (which would be 3mg with 30ml of liquid or 3mg with 300ml liquid, if you were to titrate your entire dose), so I'm not sure what ratio your husband is using, or why he needs to use 15mg, but if you understand it then that's all that matters, but please make sure you understand it. There was a lady on BB 2-3 years ago who had a family member work out her titration for her, because her liquid valium was the slightly more complicated 2mg=5ml and she didn't want to learn how to do it herself. She suffered really badly and the end result was that the last part of her taper was done as a quick detox in hospital. I'm sure your husband is doing it right, but please make sure that you are dosing correctly, because it's hell on earth if you don't - as I'm sure you already know.

Thank you for the input, I will try a combo of both pill and liquid. How long can you keep the solution sitting on the counter?

:thumbsup: good job

etown

Well this is really no fun at all, in fact it's awful.  Had to switch back to Xanax and having severe ID wd

And major nausea and everything I didn't want.  Oh help.  Way back in April I was hoping to be well all with this tape I started and instead I'm starting over and it's worse.  I guess I kinda expected this making a switch like this.  Doc recommends to raise dose of course.  Trying desperately not to do that.  But man it's hard. 

Well this is really no fun at all, in fact it's awful.  Had to switch back to Xanax and having severe ID wd

And major nausea and everything I didn't want.  Oh help.  Way back in April I was hoping to be well all with this tape I started and instead I'm starting over and it's worse.  I guess I kinda expected this making a switch like this.  Doc recommends to raise dose of course.  Trying desperately not to do that.  But man it's hard.

I think right now you're feeling the switch back to Xanax, mostly.

It's not indicative for how you will feel when your body is used to this again.

It's been through a lot lately...

I can imagine it's so very hard right now.  :-\

With all the worries over this ,too.

Yeah, that's the thing...updosing. There isn't a 100% guarantee it will help you right now, either .

Maybe for a short while. But then what, right ?

My two cents would be to ride it out as good as you can a right now and hold on tight. See again Ina. Couple of weeks what's going on . And then think about tapering your Xanax , maybe a micro taper to start with and reduce tiny amounts for a while to see how you do.

If things improve you can revise again.

I'm not sure if any of this helps...

Moo, you always help me feel better even when I'm feeling awful.  Thank you.  I'm in the dumps big time.  How you doing?  I wish I was you........ Jumping soon!

Moo, you always help me feel better even when I'm feeling awful.  Thank you.  I'm in the dumps big time.  How you doing?  I wish I was you........ Jumping soon!

Yes, I hear you... This is dumps magnified .

Even though it isn't in the very near future, please try holding on to the thought that it isn't permanent...

It's such little solace when you feel so awful. But try to distract yourself with anything that gets you through the day.

Many just spent lots of time watching YouTube videos. I started crafting like an idiot. Eventually.

Not because it's enjoyable per sé. But it will make the day go by. Till it becomes a habit. And one day you'll find yourself enjoying it. And that realization will be BIG.

We all help each other through....you will be fine. It won't be the best of times but it will be the most important thing you could do for yourself, like ...ever.

Be gentle on yourself, don't beat yourself up... :smitten:

You're doing the best you can.

SHARED POST:

Today, Moodle and I . . . JUMPED.

We are DONE!

We held virtual hands today, having taken our last dose.

We did it!!! It was less scary doing this together  :smitten:

We were nervous, excited, but determined. And now it's done!

Okatz and Moodle