Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Mrtmeo,

thanks. I hope you are right and my life is not over :-[

Underlying disease-well I have colitis :-\

Are you P-ANCA positive?

btw, you can do it and get your life back if you stick to your plan.

It's a hard road but thousands have done it and so can you!

P-ANCA positive? ???

Typically, ulcerative colitis patients are P-ANCA positive.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12050913

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-ANCA

This is probably a test that your drs wouldn't bother to tell you about because they don't know anything about the test.

If you see a rheumatologist, he will know about this test.

P-anca is associated with Myeloperoxidase Antibodies (MPO ab).

Have any of you ever found that you have to change the times of your dosing schedules?  I currently take 10 mg at 10 am, 10 mg at 2 pm and 12mg at 7 pm. 

I know it is advised to dose with Valium twice a day.  I'm wondering if I could do 20 mg in the morning and 12 in the evening.  I always have a really hard time in the afternoon.  Seems like I have interpose withdrawal from 3-7pm.  I just don't want to be comatose if 20 mg is too much to take in the morning but I cannot seem to come up with a schedule that I really feel comfortable with. Maybe take the bulk of it at noon?  I'm a bit wary of changing things too much because it always takes like 7 days for changes to catch up with you on Valium but I am really struggling with the afternoon.  But I don't want to take doses too close together either.  Anybody have any ideas? How I could switch around and make my life more comfortable ?  I'm thinking I should switch the middle dose to more and the evening dose to less.  But I'm also trying to micro taper very slowly so not sure how this would work out and which dose to cut first.  I think night time because I don't have trouble sleeping , my worst time is daytime like afte lunch till 7pm.  This drug really scares me because it just changes so much , seems like. Doctor is no help with this question.  Any advice or ideas appreciated.

Thanks guys.  I would rather dose twice a day if possible.

For my situation I just moved my mid day dose to night time.  I then help for a few weeks to make sure the dosing change was OK.  I then tapered my night time dose to even out the doses.  Everyone is different though.  Would a bigger dose at night feel better?  Help with sleep?

Have any of you ever found that you have to change the times of your dosing schedules?  I currently take 10 mg at 10 am, 10 mg at 2 pm and 12mg at 7 pm. 

I know it is advised to dose with Valium twice a day.  I'm wondering if I could do 20 mg in the morning and 12 in the evening.  I always have a really hard time in the afternoon.  Seems like I have interpose withdrawal from 3-7pm.  I just don't want to be comatose if 20 mg is too much to take in the morning but I cannot seem to come up with a schedule that I really feel comfortable with. Maybe take the bulk of it at noon?  I'm a bit wary of changing things too much because it always takes like 7 days for changes to catch up with you on Valium but I am really struggling with the afternoon.  But I don't want to take doses too close together either.  Anybody have any ideas? How I could switch around and make my life more comfortable ?  I'm thinking I should switch the middle dose to more and the evening dose to less.  But I'm also trying to micro taper very slowly so not sure how this would work out and which dose to cut first.  I think night time because I don't have trouble sleeping , my worst time is daytime like afte lunch till 7pm.  This drug really scares me because it just changes so much , seems like. Doctor is no help with this question.  Any advice or ideas appreciated.

I've dose three times a day throughout my whole taper. Equal,doses...

It is tough to say when you should dose but it shouldn't matter much , inter dose withdrawal wise...

Valium is too long acting and your dose is quite large still.

Maybe the 3-7 time is just your " witching hour".

I had mine from 7- 12 ish in the mornings.

And some people have worse evenings, although most seem to get some relief later in the day.

Maybe you could space your doses about more evenly.

Is what I would do.

Take your morning dose as soon as you wake up. Around 8?

Then your next one at around 2-3 pm and the last one around 9-10 pm?

That's what I would try, personally .

I'm sorry it is still so rough right now.

It switched around for me, personally. From feeling really drained in the afternoon to be anxious int he afternoon. And then it turned around again.

My two cents.

:smitten:

Then

Welp, I guess I'm beginning to accept that this is going to take a long time to finish. Even now with having slowed down and then holding... I'm still reeling from previous cuts up until this point.

Wondering, would it make sense to stay pat on the Valium and work on some of the other drugs, considering their w/ds are far easier and I can bounce back WAY more quickly from their w/ds?

Welp, I guess I'm beginning to accept that this is going to take a long time to finish. Even now with having slowed down and then holding... I'm still reeling from previous cuts up until this point.

Wondering, would it make sense to stay pat on the Valium and work on some of the other drugs, considering their w/ds are far easier and I can bounce back WAY more quickly from their w/ds?

Hmmm.

My take on it..is that you don't feel better by holding. Right ?

So, how will you feel okay enough to taper off the other meds?

I don't know Dan. But to,me, I guess if the Valium is out of,your system , you'd be much better.

Just my two cents.

You're over 2/3 done now.

Are you going up and down a out decisions ? It's happened before ...and I can imagine.

There isn't a handbook or one size fits all and it can be so scary to have to decide on your own.

But I think I'd leave the benzo behind first at this point, because you've also posted recently that you see to be okay now with the steroid .

Thanks Moo :)

It's going to depend on how I come out of this latest hold. If I feel somewhat okay and stable, I may decide to lower the other meds a little bit... at least the HC for peace of mind.

If in a month or so, I'm feeling pretty okay.. well, making a decision on whether or not to take another 5mg off the steroid is something I need to think about.. I would feel much better knowing I'm down to 10mg HC, because that is finally getting down to the point of being a low dosage for that... and it's scared me for a long time being on that long-term at the 15-20 mark.

We'll see how this plays out.... just got to say, this past week has been the toughest of the taper.. by far.

Hope you're well Moo!  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Moo :)

It's going to depend on how I come out of this latest hold. If I feel somewhat okay and stable, I may decide to lower the other meds a little bit... at least the HC for peace of mind.

If in a month or so, I'm feeling pretty okay.. well, making a decision on whether or not to take another 5mg off the steroid is something I need to think about.. I would feel much better knowing I'm down to 10mg HC, because that is finally getting down to the point of being a low dosage for that... and it's scared me for a long time being on that long-term at the 15-20 mark.

We'll see how this plays out.... just got to say, this past week has been the toughest of the taper.. by far.

Hope you're well Moo!  :smitten: :smitten:

Im sorry to hear that, Dan...  :-[

Really, I hope it gets better soon. This all isn't easy...

Yesterday I ceased taking a benzodiazepine

It is quite a relief after all this time. My initial benzo use was a bit less than 2 years. Now I've spent 2 years tapering I've accrued 4 years on the evil junk.

Symptoms come and go with a greater intensity but it isn't too difficult to manage, and/or wait out.

I'm looking forward to what life will be like on the other side...

Love to you all

It is quite a relief after all this time. My initial benzo use was a bit less than 2 years. Now I've spent 2 years tapering I've accrued 4 years on the evil junk.

Symptoms come and go with a greater intensity but it isn't too difficult to manage, and/or wait out.

Love to you all

YOU KILLED IT SMIFF!

etown

Love to you all

Hiya Smiff!

I'm so happy for you. You have been so helpful to others, including me, and I'm so glad that YOU MADE IT!! :)

Love right back!

Steve  :smitten:

On another note...

I'm down to sub .5 mg in my taper now, and over the last week, I began experiencing tinnitus AFTER I took my bedtime dose of valium, Gabapentin and Trazodone, and no other time. I experienced it between approx 1 and 2 hours after my dose, and by morning it was gone. I figured it must then be the one of those meds causing it, and I reduced the Gabapentin and Trazodone and, of course, continued my valium taper. That worked (or seemed to have worked) for 2 nights, but on the 3rd, it was back, and now, today, I also woke up with it. A little while ago, I took 1mg valium and 300mg of Gabapentin to see. No real difference, and that knee-jerk reaction was not smart.

As Tinnitus is related to withdrawal, it seems weird to me to experience it after taking meds. Any thoughts on this? Anyone experience anything like this?

Thanks!

Steve

Love to you all

Smiff,

Well done sniff. I just know your life after benzo said will be rewarding! 👍

ATU

I was taking my Valium 20 in am and 20 in pm.  When I told my doc that at about 2pm everyday I felt unwell, he changed it to 3 times a day. 12mg at 8am 12 mg at 2 pm and 16 at 8pm. That took care of my 2 pm problem. Cross

On another note...

I'm down to sub .5 mg in my taper now, and over the last week, I began experiencing tinnitus AFTER I took my bedtime dose of valium, Gabapentin and Trazodone, and no other time. I experienced it between approx 1 and 2 hours after my dose, and by morning it was gone. I figured it must then be the one of those meds causing it, and I reduced the Gabapentin and Trazodone and, of course, continued my valium taper. That worked (or seemed to have worked) for 2 nights, but on the 3rd, it was back, and now, today, I also woke up with it. A little while ago, I took 1mg valium and 300mg of Gabapentin to see. No real difference, and that knee-jerk reaction was not smart.

As Tinnitus is related to withdrawal, it seems weird to me to experience it after taking meds. Any thoughts on this? Anyone experience anything like this?

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

It all depends on how long it takes for the drugs full effects.

My mom would sometimes get symptoms just before her valium dose, but they would go away 2 hours after her dose.

Valium's effects should be at its highest by 2 hours where ativan tends to be about 20 minutes.

I don't know how long for gabapentin.

On another note...

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

It all depends on how long it takes for the drugs full effects.

My mom would sometimes get symptoms just before her valium dose, but they would go away 2 hours after her dose.

Valium's effects should be at its highest by 2 hours where ativan tends to be about 20 minutes.

I don't know how long for gabapentin.

Thank you so much  for your  reply. The tinnitus actually starts about 2 hours after my valium (I tested that out) so I thought that must not be it. I have wondered if the valium had become "paradoxical," but not much I could do about it; prob still not wise to jump at current level. At my current dose, even very small reductions seem to have an effect. I've never up dosed since I started, but I think I will go from .38 back to.40 and see.

If you or anyone has anything to add, much much appreciated!

Steve