Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hi all,    :thumbsup: over the last three week's I've taken double  my night twice two or three times completely by accident as I can assure you intentionally up dosing or reinstating is NOT an option no matter what as far as I'm concerned its more harmful than helpful. And on checking my pills  this morning I realized I'd did it again  last night which is a total piss off when your tapering religiously :tickedoff:

I would know the answer to this normally  if I wasn't feeling so anxious, paranoid, and unsure of everything right now, :D and unable to think properly. I don't know what the hell I'm doing or supposed to be doing more than normal as brain fog's getting worse. Anyway, can some one please enlighten me as I can't stop ruminating over it,  and its really worrying me and its making all the sxs worse :-\

Thanks Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

The first thing you can do is stop beating yourself up about it. Its done ... Not the end of the world..

Just put steps in place to make sure it can be avoided going forward.

I soo know that feeling of anxiety that your head just spins..there are no failures. We are doing the best we can ..

Keep putting one foot in front of the other..

Take care x

Builder, Moodle, DiazPam, ....

I am finishing up my first microtaper cut totaling .5 with liquid V.  Unfortunately had a very rough time with the Pharma Grade liquid and will need to try something else - very bad stomach issues.  I called around to compounding pharmacies and none do a almond oil diazepam mix. 

I am thinking of trying the vodka method, but would love to get a compounded mixture.  I also think for the next couple of cuts I may go back to cut and hold and then start daily tapering again, as I see that is the route I will eventually have to go. 

I would like to slightly increase my taper for the next few cuts by .15 as I am not even cutting by 5%.  I am now down to 13 mg and I assume I will have take the .15 as a liquid form - if I do the vodka method how would I do that?  How long will the liquid  last, how much pill do I dilute, and does it need to be refrigerated.  I never drink any alcohol as it gives me a headache, and I am concerned that this may be a problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - I know I will be asking about the microtaper again very soon - once I figure out what liquid to use.

I am finishing up my first microtaper cut totaling .5 with liquid V.  Unfortunately had a very rough time with the Pharma Grade liquid and will need to try something else - very bad stomach issues.  I called around to compounding pharmacies and none do a almond oil diazepam mix. 

I am thinking of trying the vodka method, but would love to get a compounded mixture.  I also think for the next couple of cuts I may go back to cut and hold and then start daily tapering again, as I see that is the route I will eventually have to go. 

I would like to slightly increase my taper for the next few cuts by .15 as I am not even cutting by 5%.  I am now down to 13 mg and I assume I will have take the .15 as a liquid form - if I do the vodka method how would I do that?  How long will the liquid  last, how much pill do I dilute, and does it need to be refrigerated.  I never drink any alcohol as it gives me a headache, and I am concerned that this may be a problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - I know I will be asking about the microtaper again very soon - once I figure out what liquid to use.

5mg tablet+10ml vodka+490ml water  (Solution will then be 1mg=100ml) *

Store at room temp, in a sealed container.

12mg tablets    .85mg (85ml) liquid

12mg tablets    .70mg (70ml) liquid

12mg tablets    .55mg (50ml) liquid

etc... 

You will never be taking more than .8ml alcohol.  That's less than .2 tsp, highly diluted- not enough to worry about

BTW, .15/day is almost 15%/10 days...pretty aggressive.  Are you really sure you want to do that.

* Personally, I prefer a 1mg=10ml solution (5mg tablet+10ml vodka+40ml water), but most folks feel more comfortable with the 1mg=100ml solution.  Both will work, choose whatever your more comfortable with.

Hi all,    :thumbsup: over the last three week's I've taken double  my night twice two or three times completely by accident as I can assure you intentionally up dosing or reinstating is NOT an option no matter what as far as I'm concerned its more harmful than helpful. And on checking my pills  this morning I realized I'd did it again  last night which is a total piss off when your tapering religiously :tickedoff:

I would know the answer to this normally  if I wasn't feeling so anxious, paranoid, and unsure of everything right now, :D and unable to think properly. I don't know what the hell I'm doing or supposed to be doing more than normal as brain fog's getting worse. Anyway, can some one please enlighten me as I can't stop ruminating over it,  and its really worrying me and its making all the sxs worse  :-\

Thanks Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

The first thing you can do is stop beating yourself up about it. Its done ... Not the end of the world..

Just put steps in place to make sure it can be avoided going forward.

I soo know that feeling of anxiety that your head just spins..there are no failures. We are doing the best we can ..

Keep putting one foot in front of the other..

Take care x

Thanks for your reply BB, :hug: I'm not beating myself up my Benzo effected brain is doing it for me on auto pilot  :) but I was wondering if some one could  elaborate a bit more as to whether its of consequence or non consequential as to any effects on my taper, as in is there a negative I could possibly expect from these mistakes geared towards sxs  :D.

Rather than getting bitten further along on top of everything already happening sxs wise and being totally unprepared or in the dark as to why its happening although WD is mostly like that anyway but other things are predictable by their very nature. I think it was Builder who gave an answer a while ago to some one in this position but can't recall what he said ::)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Your inadvertent, occasional updoses will have NO EFFECT on your taper.

Thanks very much Builder  :hug: my 'Rational mind''  :angel: was trying to tell me that but my 'Benzo corrupted mind''  >:D was shouting the loudest .....and winning  :o  Ah well its back to 'Planet irrational''  ::):laugh:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone I need some support I think this is the right thread

Names Chris

So I have been cold turkey detox off high doses and tried to reinstatement 6 times severely kindled

I was originally on 5mg of klonapin but that was a year ago. So I made it 6 months no benzo and was still in severe agony no improvement so I decided to reinstated

I been on 6mg of ativan for 4months now and tried scale taper no good. I'm on methadone and gabapentin Also. But to make a long story short I never stabilized after reinstatement and so I'm basically in severe withdrawal while on high doses of benzo.

I am very sick physically mentally and emotionally I have these depression nervous breakdown where I revert back to childhood and scream and cry in agony and terror burning and foggy and akathisia and restlessness I could go on and on I have waves and better days here and there

I finally found a benzo doctor honzel that goes by Ashton manual and is a detox doctor in Beverly Hills

He is switching me over to valium by replacing 1mg of ativan for 10mg of valium at a time every two weeks

So today is day three of the crossover so I'm currently taking 2mg ativan morning 2mg afternoon and 1mg at bedtime with 10mg valium. It's day three and I actually feel pretty good

But I know it's ganna hit again I think I'm just in a window phase

I'm one of the worst cases I've seen on here not to belittle anyone suffering by any means just trying to give some background I thought I was in tolerance withdrawal which I guess I am to some degree but I've been ct so many times no amount of benzo make me feel better and actually more benzo make me feel worse. With morbid depression and trauma so messed up

I have hepatitis c and my liver not doing well. So I'm worried about this valium switch also because I'm so sensitive any meds adjusting even tiny amounts send me spiraling but this first step was horrible the first day but day three dems ok

I could use some support and tips. I'm worried about the valium building up in my system especially since my liver and I will be on 60mg of valium and the half life is so long that 10mg actually becomes 50mg in your body....

Holy crap. Also valium doesn't cover all of the receptors that the newer benzo hit so I'm afraid it will make my withdrawal worse but be overwhelmed with sedation and Neurotoxicity from not being able to metabolize which is far more common on here than people realize it's happening to them. And doctors don't know about that.

So this is my first step....

What should I expect I've never been stable and I don't expect to get stable from the crossover but I have to in order to taper but man my liver is so sick...And it's the meds that are making me enzymes so high In the several hundreds. Sigh....

I'm worried about the depression and brain fog of valium also.

So other valium people what is the crossover like?

Anyone else here who has crossed over after a cold turkey and reinstated and been completely unstable and gone through the switch to valium? Should I expect to get at least a little bit more stable or is this going to ruin me? Even more..

Chris,

Follow what mrtmeo said.  He pretty much nailed it on the head.  It is possible for you to get stable on the valium.  Make sure you're stable before you start tapering.  It might require a long hold and only you will know.  Listening to yuor body is the main thing.  Start out with 10% cuts every month.  That rate seems to be the safest.  Keep posting back to this thread when you need help.  A lot of good Valium experts here that can help.

I'm not sure about stabilizing....I know it's possible but I have never ever been stable so I'm crossing over at an unstable dose so how would I become stable. I not sure you read the part where I been ctd so many times I'm in ct withdrawal symptoms on 6mg of ativan which I been holding on for 4months and I tried Updosing to 8mg and it made me worse

The only reason I trying to crossover is to possibly be able to taper but 10 percent is too much toon I would like to believe that valium will make me feel stable but lol I really really doubt it

I was tapering ativan at 3 percent was far too much I lost my mind

I will stay here for support and help. Thanks for the response so far I could use some insight what you mean by valium won't cover all the symptoms.

Also my liver is not good

I'm a big fan of the KISS method. Don't over-complicate things, just keep all the calculations nice and simple. This is what I'd do.

I wouldn't bother messing around with a compounded mixture. The vodka method couldn't be any simpler. All you have to do is put 1mg of valium (half a 2mg tablet) with 1-2mls of vodka and top it up with water to make 100ml. That has now given you 1mg of valium equalling 100ml of mixture. Then just work out over how many days you want to reduce 1mg, and divide that into the 100ml.

So, for example, if you want to reduce 1mg over 3 weeks (we'll use 20 days for simplicity), it’s just 100ml ÷ 20 days = 5ml reduction per day. You can either increase or decrease that amount, depending on how fast or slow you want to do.

When you are using this method it will make it easier to stop thinking in terms of mgs, because you are decreasing by mls, but if you want to work out the conversion it’s …..

mls ÷ 100 = mg  OR

mgs x 100 = mls

If you don't want to cut your tablets in half you just put a 2mg tablet with say 2-4ml of vodka and top up with water to equal 200ml. It is still the same concentration. All you have done is doubled the size of the mixture.

You are using such a tiny amount of alcohol that it shouldn't have any effect on you. You don't need to refrigerate. Just store in a cool dark cupboard. My personal routine was to only keep a batch going for up to 5 days, so I was always sure there was no loss of potency.

I'm not sure about stabilizing....I know it's possible but I have never ever been stable so I'm crossing over at an unstable dose so how would I become stable. I not sure you read the part where I been ctd so many times I'm in ct withdrawal symptoms on 6mg of ativan which I been holding on for 4months and I tried Updosing to 8mg and it made me worse

The only reason I trying to crossover is to possibly be able to taper but 10 percent is too much toon I would like to believe that valium will make me feel stable but lol I really really doubt it

I will stay here for support and help. Thanks for the response so far I could use some insight what you mean by valium won't cover all the symptoms.

hiphop,

10% at a high Valium dosage isn't that bad.  When you're stable 10% cuts is recommended every 3 to 4 weeks.  If you're uncomfortable with that try a 5% cut and see what happens.  If you don't feel it, then you can increase. 

Is your doctor giving you the means of tapering at your own speed based on your symptoms?  Is he or she running your taper rate?  Also, is your doctor having you hold for at least 30 days to get stable?

I'll have someone else chime in about Mrt's comment about the valium not covering all of your symptoms.

I know you're worried about not getting totally stable but you'll get to some point where you'll be confident to start the taper.  Just listen to your body.

Builder

I guess I am somewhat confused - I am reducing using 2 mg pills using cut and hold - I am reducing .5 mg every two weeks - I want to increase my reduction just a little to get to 5% so I thought reducing an additional .15 every two weeks would bring me to about that 5%-  .5mg plus .15 mg = .65mg reduction.  I won't be doing a micro taper it would be a cut and hold - I could be looking at this all wrong - I thought I would take .5mg reduction in pill form and reduce the .15 mg in liquid so I would take be taking 12mg in pill form and .35mg in liquid fpr two weeks.  I will eventually do daily cuts, but will like to stay with cut and hold for a little while longer.

If this is wrong  I am not getting it and sorry about that.  I would like to use 2mg pill dissolved in vodka but I don't know the amounts of vodka and water  to use in order to  dissolve and how much to take in liquid form to get the reduction - I am very confused.

DiazPam

I don't know what the KISS method is - I am doing a cut and hold and want to use a combination of pills and liquid and can not grasp the amount of liquid I should be taking.  I want to reduce by .5 mg pills every two weeks and I thought reducing by liquid using 2 mg pills and vodka for an additional .15 reduction would bring me to the 5% reduction  - I thought taking .35 in liquid with the .5 pill would be correct but I am not sure after reading replies from you and Builder.  I don't know if I am getting the whole concept and if I dissolve 2mg pill how much would I take for the liquid portion of the cut? 

DiazPam

I don't know what the KISS method is - I am doing a cut and hold and want to use a combination of pills and liquid and can not grasp the amount of liquid I should be taking.  I want to reduce by .5 mg pills every two weeks and I thought reducing by liquid using 2 mg pills and vodka for an additional .15 reduction would bring me to the 5% reduction  - I thought taking .35 in liquid with the .5 pill would be correct but I am not sure after reading replies from you and Builder.  I don't know if I am getting the whole concept and if I dissolve 2mg pill how much would I take for the liquid portion of the cut? 

KISS = "Keep it simple (stupid/sweetie)" ;)

I'm confused by why you are mixing a cut and hold method with a liquid method. If you are already using a liquid, why not just stick to doing a straight liquid daily taper and forget about a cut and hold taper. The whole point of using liquid is so you can make really tiny cuts on a daily basis, and doing a daily taper means you can keep your side effects under better control.

If you did a straight liquid daily taper, and if you wanted to reduce 0.5mg every 2 weeks, that means you will cut 1mg over a 4 week period. So you would take 12mg in dry tablets each day and then the other 1mg you would reduce over 4 weeks.

I'll take you through the steps using the daily method I used, but of course it is up to you if you want to follow this method. Once you are familiar with the process you can make your own changes by either using a whole 2mg tablet or using a smaller amount of liquid. Don't worry about cutting your tablet in half because you will be using the other half the next day anyway and any tiny inconsistencies will even out, but if you really want to use a whole 2mg tablet, just double the amount of vodka and water to make a 200ml solution.

So, initially you will need to cut your 2mg tablet in half. Then take one half (1mg) and put it in 2ml of vodka. Give it a minute or so to dissolve, but don't worry about the particles you see because they are just the fillers and they won't dissolve. Then top it up with 98ml of water. This has now made a valium liquid solution of 100ml which equals 1mg.

Now, if you want to reduce 1mg every 4 weeks (or 0.5mg every 2 weeks) divide the 100ml (equalling 1mg) by 28 days (4 weeks) to tell you how much to reduce each day. This will be a 3.5ml reduction per day. Below is how you would dose each day. For each of the below measurements you will also need to take 12mg of dry tablets to make up your full 13mg daily dose.

Day 1 – Drink the 100ml solution (plus take the 12mg in dry tablets). This equals your full 13mg

Day 2 – Make a new solution and drink 96.5ml (you can either discard the rest of the solution or use it to make up part of your next day’s dose) - this is your first 3.5ml reduction

Day 3 – Make a new solution and drink 93ml (discard or use remainder the next day) - this is your second 3.5ml reduction

Day 4 – Make a new solution and drink 89.5ml (discard or use remainder the next day) - this is your third 3.5ml reduction

Day 5 – Make a new solution and drink 86ml (discard or use remainder the next day) - this is your fourth 3.5ml reduction

Day 6 – Make a new solution and drink 82.5ml (discard or use remainder the next day) - this is your fifth 3.5ml reduction

etc …….. until you reach zero. Then you would start the process again, but reduce the amount of dry tablets you are taking by 1mg, because you have now reduced your dose by 1mg.

I would personally stop thinking about a percentage reduction. It's okay to use a percentage to work out where you think you should start initially, but you really need to find the reduction amount that suits your body. This could mean that you might need to reduce the number of mls you cut each day, or you could increase it. That's the beauty of a daily taper. You can be totally flexible about how much you reduce each day.

If you reduce by 1mg over 4 weeks, that will be approx a 7.5% cut over a month. I really don't think you should go higher than this until you find out how you feel doing that sized reduction.

If you want to read a more thorough step by step procedure for this method just click on the first 2 links in my signature below.

Hiphop,

When folks updose, ct and change dosing over and over, this causes some serious hypersensitivity in the cns.

It may take a month, months or even a year to find your stable point, but you won't find any relief until you stick to a plan.

There is no easy way out of this but thru via a taper that your body has the chance to recover on.

Once the cns finds that balance, you will find relief enuf to keep tapering at a rate that you can follow the healing at.

It is this waiting time thru bad symptoms that many give up, but it is nearly always required to get to that point where you can see the improvements.

If you stick out long enuf, you will find that sweet spot where you know how long you will have sx's and how long to hold until you feel better to cut again.

Builder, DiazPam

I have been doing a cut and hold until the last cut where I used pharma grade liquid V -it didn't work for me.  For the next few cuts I want to continue a cut and hold but just up my cut by a fraction so I can't dry cut that portion - I will eventually go to daily, but not yet.  Please explain how I could do this I want to dry cut .5 mg and use a vodka mixture with a 2 mg pill for the .15 portion of the cut, which I assume would mean everyday for the two weeks I would take .35 in liquid.  12 MG pills + .35 liquid ?  I am currently on 13 mg and would like to start the cut tomorrow. 

I don't know how to do the mixture and if my math is correct - I want about a 5% cut and hold for these two weeks coming up.  I apologize for the confusion.  Please, some guidance is so needed.

DiazPam, I think the instructions you gave me is for a daily taper - I just want to cut a fraction by liquid to increase my taper rate combining my .5mg cut.

Your drycut/liquid cut combo confuses even me, but I'm sure  you understand it.

So here is probably what you need to know.

A safe vodka solution is 1mg diazepam tablet to 2ml 80 proof vodka.  You can use that ratio for any amount of solution you choose to make...1mg+2ml, 2mg+4ml, 5mg+10ml, 10mg+20ml, etc.

Then you can dilute that 9:1 , or 99:1.  I prefer the 9:1, Pam prefers the 99:1. Either will work.  Obviously with 9:1, each ml will contain .1mg.  With 99:1, each ml will contain .01mg.

Personally, I would dissolve 5mg in 10ml vodka, and add 90ml water (9:1).  You then have 100ml of liquid V with .1mg in each ml.  Store it in a sealed container at room temp, and protecct from direct light.

You want .35mg?...just pull out 3.5ml and take it.  You want .2omg?...just pull out 2ml and take it...etc.

Builder

I only have 2 mg pills - Can u give me that calculation using 2 mg pills - and in your first post you said it was a 15% reduction over two weeks - I don't understand that.  I want to use .5mg dry cut with the remaining fraction in liquid to total a 5%-6% reduction over two weeks.  Am I calculating wrong - all these numbers are spinning in my head.  I truly apologize for my lack of understanding. 

Please - what is confusing about the combo? - I can't dry cut the fraction so I need to use liquid.  I don't want to use all liquid at this point for my reduction - I will do that eventually.  I must be missing something.

I sent you a detailed PM, but the ratio of dry V tablets to vodka should always be 1mg to 2ml.  So if you dissolve a 2mg tablet, use 4ml vodka.  If you dissolve a 5mg tablet, use 10ml vodka.

Builder

I get that - what I don't understand is two things - is my math correct according to the cut amount % as you had said it was 15% and if I dissolve the 2 mg pill in 4ml vodka and add 196ml of water, how much do I draw (given my math is ok) to get .35 mg?

I don't want to be doing a 15% cut.

Thank you

If you dissolve 2mg tablet in 4mg vodka, and add 196ml water, you have 200ml dilute solution, and each ml contains .01mg of V. 

.35mg would be 35ml. 

But at 13mg, 5%=.65mg.  And .65mg over 14 days is .046mg/day, or round up to .05mg/day.

Builder

yes but I would be cutting .5 dry cut and .15 liquid  - the liquid is the question - if I draw .35 mg every day along with the 12 mg in pills (dry cut of .5mg) would that be the 5%?

"But at 13mg, 5%=.65mg.  And .65mg over 14 days is .046mg/day, or round up to .05mg/day - I am sorry but I don't understand this - please explain - I am so confused and upset, are you talking about all liquid and what is the .05 mg/day"

I really don't mean to take up your time. I am dry cutting right now at .5mg a day every two weeks- for 13 mg to get to the 5% it would be .65 mg every two weeks - that is why I want to stay with the .5 mg a day add the extra .15 cut - I don't get the above quote - 13 mg less .5 mg=12.5 mg less .15mg =12.35  - is this correct I would be taking 12.35 mg everyday for 2 weeks and then reducing again - In order to do this I would thought taking 12mg piils and .35 mg liquid would do it.  Please I am ready to give up with this.

Builder

yes but I would be cutting .5 dry cut and .15 liquid  - the liquid is the question - if I draw .35 mg every day along with the 12 mg in pills (dry cut of .5mg) would that be the 5%?

But at 13mg, 5%=.65mg.  And .65mg over 14 days is .046mg/day, or round up to .05mg/day - I am sorry but I don't understand this - please explain - I am so confused and upset, are you talking about all liquid and what is the .05 mg/day

I really don't mean to take up your time.

5% of 13 is .65

.65 divided by 14 is .046

That's just the simple arithmetic without any mg's or ml's attached.

So if you want to 1) cut by 5% over a 2 week period, and 2) do it by making daily reductions, then your daily cut would be .046mg.  That's a pretty hard measurent to work with, so I would round it up .05mg/day.

Builder,

I don't want to do daily reductions I am doing a cut and hold - .5 mg pill would be reduced from my 13 mg and an addional ,15 liquid -

Builder

yes but I would be cutting .5 dry cut and .15 liquid  - the liquid is the question - if I draw .35 mg every day along with the 12 mg in pills and the dry cut of .5mg would that be the 5%? I won't be doing daily cuts  I will be taking 12.35 mg a day for two weeks - does this make any sense -

"But at 13mg, 5%=.65mg.  And .65mg over 14 days is .046mg/day, or round up to .05mg/day - I am sorry but I don't understand this - please explain - I am so confused and upset, are you talking about all liquid and what is the .05 mg/day"

I really don't mean to take up your time. I am dry cutting right now at .5mg a day every two weeks- for 13 mg to get to the 5% it would be .65 mg every two weeks - that is why I want to stay with the .5 mg a day add the extra .15 cut - I don't get the above quote - 13 mg less .5 mg=12.5 mg less .15mg =12.35  - is this correct I would be taking 12.35 mg everyday for 2 weeks and then reducing again - In order to do this I would thought taking 12mg piils and .35 mg liquid would do it.  Please I am ready to give up with this.

Builder

I again apologize for being so confusing - what I want to do is cut from 13 mg to 12.35 mg in one day and hold for two weeks.  I want to dry cut .5 mg and use liquid to cut .15 mg - in order to do cut of .15mg I thought I would have to take .35 in liquid and hold.  I am not doing daily cuts, I just wanted to know how to do this with 2 mg pills and- I know how to dry cut .5mg -its the liquid amounts I am not sure of.  Drawing up .35 along with 12 mg of pills correct for the 5% -I will be holding for two weeks not doing daily cuts -  using 2mg pill with 4ml vodka and 196 ml water - how much would I draw up in liquid - Am I still confusing you - and if so I am so so sorry.  It's me trying to get it right.

Builder

I again apologize for being so confusing - what I want to do is cut from 13 mg to 12.35 mg in one day and hold for two weeks.  I want to dry cut .5 mg and use liquid to cut .15 mg - in order to do cut of .15mg I thought I would have to take .35 in liquid and hold.  I am not doing daily cuts, I just wanted to know how to do this with 2 mg pills and- I know how to dry cut .5mg -its the liquid amounts I am not sure of.  Drawing up .35 along with 12 mg of pills correct for the 5% -I will be holding for two weeks not doing daily cuts -  using 2mg pill with 4ml vodka and 196 ml water - how much would I draw up in liquid - Am I still confusing you - and if so I am so so sorry.  It's me trying to get it right.

Very simple...take 6X2mg tablets, and .35mg from liquid, and do that for 14 days.

And if you are doing 2mg tablets+4mg vodka+ 196ml water, then you will take 6X2mg tablets and 35ml of your liquid.

I don't mathematically know any way to take .5mg dry and get to .35mg by adding liquid.