Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Just a little update.  Made it to 3.5 mg diazepam.  Symptoms have improved vastly compared to when I was at 5 mg.  tapering a daily amount of .05 mg daily with a hold or two as  I deem necessary depending on symptoms.  It's so odd how symptoms I had at 5 mg , really bad cog fog and palpations have diminished, and new but lesser ones have popped up. Mainly muscle pain and head aches and of course anxiety.  All in all from where I started 1mg Ativan I feel much better .  Can't wait to be done with this mess but I can start to see the finish line.  I know I don't post much but figured I'd give an update .  Good luck to all! 

Just a little update.  Made it to 3.5 mg diazepam.  Symptoms have improved vastly compared to when I was at 5 mg.  tapering a daily amount of .05 mg daily with a hold or two as  I deem necessary depending on symptoms.  It's so odd how symptoms I had at 5 mg , really bad cog fog and palpations have diminished, and new but lesser ones have popped up. Mainly muscle pain and head aches and of course anxiety.  All in all from where I started 1mg Ativan I feel much better .  Can't wait to be done with this mess but I can start to see the finish line.  I know I don't post much but figured I'd give an update .  Good luck to all!

Very cool hamm!  :)

My nausea is freaking brutal today.

Okay, I'm joining the sick dizzies group. I think Katz, too.

:-\

Have you tried ginger tea? I hate it but sometimes, it works.

Sorry you're having this symptom , it's the pits.

:smitten:

See you there.  Will ginger ale work?

arcade I think anything with ginger will work. I've used ginger tea and gobbled tons of Heather's Tummy Drops when my nausea was at its worst about a year ago. Sure, try ginger ale.

See you there.  Will ginger ale work?

sometimes it actually does..

I don't know, arcade. This chemically induced stuff... Whatever works, I'll try it.

I boiled some ginger root a few times and drank it. It's actually settled my tummy but at first it did make me more nauseous since I hate ginger.. ::)

Ginger ale does have caffeine and sugar.

No caffiene, just sugar but I'll have a sip.  Nausea got bad when head pressure went away.  It's like one leg of the table is fixed and onto the other.

No caffiene, just sugar but I'll have a sip.  Nausea got bad when head pressure went away.  It's like one leg of the table is fixed and onto the other.

Yup.... I know that feeling.

You think you're done with Ken wh proms and the other one comes knocking at the door.

How do we know which group of cuts the wave comes from?

I did .02 cuts to 1.7 in August.  Then late August .01 cuts to 1.5.  What is the average lag time in feeling the cuts or cuts catching up with you?

I did .02 cuts to 1.7 in August.  Then late August .01 cuts to 1.5.  What is the average lag time in feeling the cuts or cuts catching up with you?

It all depends how much has built up in your liver and how many days you hold.

It takes time to figure out wether you are ahead of your cns healing, but as time goes by, you will be able to notice when it is time to hold longer or go faster.

There really is no average except an average recommendation of cutting 10% per month.

Everyone is different and responds differently.

It takes time to figure out wether you are ahead of your cns healing, but as time goes by, you will be able to notice when it is time to hold longer or go faster.

There really is no average except an average recommendation of cutting 10% per month.

Mrt,

Thanks for the response.  I am taking Prilosec and I know how bad ppi's are.  I will be tapering the Prilosec after I heal.  Prilosec inhibits Valium.  My doctor and I calculated at worst the Valium is in my blood longer by 16 days.  If I switch to a ppi that does not interact with valium, this will count as a cut but I do not know how much.  I agonize over this all of the time.  I wish I could just switch to clear my mind about the interaction.  I take Prilosec consistently so my blood levels is consistent.  The Prilosec enzyme leaves the body in 10 hours.  I wish I knew if it was making things worse for me.

I take no other meds....Nada.

After thinking about this, it's just Valium with a longer half life??

Mrt,

Thanks for the response.  I am taking Prilosec and I know how bad ppi's are.  I will be tapering the Prilosec after I heal.  Prilosec inhibits Valium.  My doctor and I calculated at worst the Valium is in my blood longer by 16 days.  If I switch to a ppi that does not interact with valium, this will count as a cut but I do not know how much.  I agonize over this all of the time.  I wish I could just switch to clear my mind about the interaction.  I take Prilosec consistently so my blood levels is consistent.  The Prilosec enzyme leaves the body in 10 hours.  I wish I knew if it was making things worse for me.

I take no other meds....Nada.

After thinking about this, it's just Valium with a longer half life??

Hi Arcade,

I know exactly your concerns, but those ppi's are a big pain to get off of.

Tapering them in a cross over to H2 inhibitor's such as zantac, can help.

The ppi's rob us of nutrients, especially, Magnesium, D, Calcium and B12.

It took 3 months of tapering and 3-4 months for the ppi effects to go away after 10 months of use.

If valium stores reduce, it is as simple as adding a one time higher dose of valium and then, holding until stable.

I know Fliprain was on a ppi for awhile, but she didn't seem to have a problem getting off them, so maybe you could ask her.

It takes at least 1- 6 months to recover from ppi withdrawal.

"The PPIs only block the cellular/molecular acid production and allow secondary build up or excessive reduction of the hormones gastrin, cholecystokinin, secretin, glucagon, motilin, VIP, substance P, somatostatin and other biologically active polypetides, which changes all the homeostasis processes of the whole gastro-intestinal system"

http://www.drdach.com/Acid_Blockers_Heartburn.html

Hello everybody:

I will start this post with a big Thanks to BB for be a  great help for me and for others.

this is a great forum,  I wish I can find a forum like this on others topics, but I love this forum, my update:  I'm at 1.90 mg Valium

dry cut and hold,  I was very busy with work and other issues in my life.  but so far I'm getting better than before Valium.

last week I had a big window of 5 days, I felt almost normal, not sx at all,  I was humble and I took it easy,  little incredulous,  then on Friday suddenly I decide to go to Pensacola Beach, I listened to my GF that was always asking to go there.  I drove 8 hrs from Houston,

Friday and Saturday  I felt fine, but Sunday and Monday I started feeling weird, then since Tuesday I'm having sx that I was having few months ago. Since I was feeling fine, I thought  e trip will cure me totally,  but I forgot that I'm n benzo spell .

now I'm trying to get back to normal.  food, sleeping, working, walking.

well thanks for listening, 

moraleja:  Take care of your self and don't make drastic decisions. (changes)

Gracias!!!

Tex

Hey tex.  I had about two weeks of feeling close to being normal.  I had this feeling quite a bit in the upper dosages also.  Once I hit 1.5 I am feeling it again so I'm in a holding pattern.

Arcade,

When you feel good, you are thinking in the next wave, then things get worse than before. 

I couldn't be here for a while because I was trying to be busy, and when I'm busy I feel fine.

when I rest on weekends or vacation I start feeling bad.  I have to keep moving , doing stuff. 

have a nice weekend to you all

Tex 

Hi everyone I need some support I think this is the right thread

Names Chris

So I have been cold turkey detox off high doses and tried to reinstatement 6 times severely kindled

I was originally on 5mg of klonapin but that was a year ago. So I made it 6 months no benzo and was still in severe agony no improvement so I decided to reinstated

I been on 6mg of ativan for 4months now and tried scale taper no good. I'm on methadone and gabapentin Also. But to make a long story short I never stabilized after reinstatement and so I'm basically in severe withdrawal while on high doses of benzo.

I am very sick physically mentally and emotionally I have these depression nervous breakdown where I revert back to childhood and scream and cry in agony and terror burning and foggy and akathisia and restlessness I could go on and on I have waves and better days here and there

I finally found a benzo doctor honzel that goes by Ashton manual and is a detox doctor in Beverly Hills

He is switching me over to valium by replacing 1mg of ativan for 10mg of valium at a time every two weeks

So today is day three of the crossover so I'm currently taking 2mg ativan morning 2mg afternoon and 1mg at bedtime with 10mg valium. It's day three and I actually feel pretty good

But I know it's ganna hit again I think I'm just in a window phase

I'm one of the worst cases I've seen on here not to belittle anyone suffering by any means just trying to give some background I thought I was in tolerance withdrawal which I guess I am to some degree but I've been ct so many times no amount of benzo make me feel better and actually more benzo make me feel worse. With morbid depression and trauma so messed up

I have hepatitis c and my liver not doing well. So I'm worried about this valium switch also because I'm so sensitive any meds adjusting even tiny amounts send me spiraling but this first step was horrible the first day but day three dems ok

I could use some support and tips. I'm worried about the valium building up in my system especially since my liver and I will be on 60mg of valium and the half life is so long that 10mg actually becomes 50mg in your body....

Holy crap. Also valium doesn't cover all of the receptors that the newer benzo hit so I'm afraid it will make my withdrawal worse but be overwhelmed with sedation and Neurotoxicity from not being able to metabolize which is far more common on here than people realize it's happening to them. And doctors don't know about that.

So this is my first step....

What should I expect I've never been stable and I don't expect to get stable from the crossover but I have to in order to taper but man my liver is so sick...And it's the meds that are making me enzymes so high In the several hundreds. Sigh....

I'm worried about the depression and brain fog of valium also.

So other valium people what is the crossover like?

Anyone else here who has crossed over after a cold turkey and reinstated and been completely unstable and gone through the switch to valium? Should I expect to get at least a little bit more stable or is this going to ruin me? Even more..

Hi Chris,

There are a few here that ct's from much higher doses than you and are badly kindled, so you are not alone.

Getting stable is possible after kindling, but you will have to follow your symptoms and find when to cut by your symptoms.

For now, you are still crossing over to the valium and once fully on the valium, you should stabilize within a month.

Once stable or the best you can get, you can start cutting at rate that is comfortable.

Most will cut 10% per month, but some go faster when at higher doses like what you are on.

Realize that the valium will not get rid of all the symptoms but will help with many to make tapering manageable.

Tapering too fast can cause severe protracted symptoms and is not recommended.

IMHO, Ashton taper is way too fast.

If your dr understands benzo's he/she will allow you to taper at a rate that is comfortable for you and not force you into a fast taper which doesn't work.

Benzo's damage receptors and it takes time for these receptors to repair, so patience is the key.

I'm sure others will chime in.

Okatz.... 0.1mg !!!!!  You are getting so close. I'm getting really excited for you. SQUEEEEEE!!!!

I don't always check all the posts on the valium thread, so make sure you send me a PM when you touch down. I don't want to miss the BIG DAY!!!.