Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

About a two month use of benzos with some kindling and stuck in a long taper.  Since I wasn't on benzos that long, was the long taper a bad idea?

I don't think so. I honestly don't.

Short term usage is considered two weeks!

I only took Ativan for about 3-4 months myself. And I'm just now almost done, after a 20 months or so taper.

I cut from 4 to 0.75 Ativan in less than ten weeks. And I'm telling you : I'm glad I'm still here.

I don't say that just because.  It was bad.

The people who cold turkey off of this crap and are here to tell us about it, deserve a freaking medal.

Pure gold one. 20 lbs.

So, I could never have done it faster myself. At all.

Thanks moodle.  I ran into a post that put some doubt in my mind.  After what the ER did to me and the Xanax use I don't think I could have c/t either.

Lots easy to doubt everything, but in our hearts we know we did what we could.

:smitten:

Cheers Moodle.. You're so right there! Even an extra hour of sleep is amazing!

I have felt reasonably ok today. ( you know what I mean !)

I am just going to gradually increase the valium into that .25  dose until it is all of it..

Yes I think my body really reacted to it.. Even such a small amount .. Of valium itself it was only  1.125.. Cripes 15 mgs I think I would have been comatose !!

Keep on touch xx

Cheers Moodle.. You're so right there! Even an extra hour of sleep is amazing!

I have felt reasonably ok today. ( you know what I mean !)

I am just going to gradually increase the valium into that .25  dose until it is all of it..

Yes I think my body really reacted to it.. Even such a small amount .. Of valium itself it was only  1.125.. Cripes 15 mgs I think I would have been comatose !!

Keep on touch xx

I was  :laugh:

Right? And nobody believes me 30mg Valium make me comatose ??? They actually think there is no way pills can affect me soo much that its all psychological :idiot: 25mg is better but still soo

tired and depressed :( And yes I agree. Valium makes me feel like zombie but falling asleep is harder

than on Klonopin :P

Oh and I am still mess in head but my GI issues are almost gone :o Didn't I tell all those doctors

I have big issues and I don't think its in my head. Now I am like 2 weeks on full dose of meds for colitis and I think it's 95% better. So I suffered soo long for nothing. No diet,nothing helped before ???

Hi, guys. I thought I'd pop in and say hello. I tend to hibernate when I feel badly, and I've been having a rough go of it for a while. I just don't like to endlessly complain, and I fear that's all I would have been doing for weeks and weeks.

I expect to be at 3.25 on Saturday (I'll update my sig then); but my goodness! Somehow the benzo train has mowed me over, and I just don't know what to do anymore.

I've tried reducing my cut; holding; taking the larger dose in the morning (2 mgs) and the smaller in the evening (the other 1.31 mgs). I'm mt-ing with v & v, 1.5 mls/day (no idea how many mgs that is).

I'm so happy to see so many new folks around here finding help and friendships. This is the very best board on BB, in my opinion. I don't add much, because, obviously, my advice is worth next to nothing, as I cannot even figure out my own personal taper without quite a lot of discomfort. But I do lurk around, and I'm very happy to see so many of you doing so well.

Moooo ... holy cow, woman! You're nearly done! KittyKatz ... you are barely even on vapors anymore! WOWWWWWWWWW. I hope you guys are well. I really, really do.

Love and healing to you all.

Snow

Hi snow,

Good to hear from you!  I am sorry you're having a rough time.  Hopefully it gets better for you soon.

Thank you arcade!

I'm on the verge of giving up, to be honest. Surely CT from this level of dose can't be worse than this endless drip-drip-drip of symptoms. I think I'd rather get hit hard and fast and heal than deal with this slow, water-torture method. Each day the minutes get longer, you know?

I hope you're well, arcade.

Snow.

Hi Snow. Sorry you are having such a rough time. But I think that CT would be a bad move.

Yes, you'd get the valium-taking over with. But not the withdrawal symptoms. Everyone on this board who I have read about doing a CT has had a truly rotten time afterwards. Some were not even functional.

If your s/x are bad, maybe smaller reductions? Maybe .01 mgs? I think JJrosk's signature is worth looking at for guidelines to a manageable taper.

Just a thought.

Okatz

Oregonkatz,

what does it mean they are not functional? :o Many doctors stopped me CT before. Does it mean I won't be functional even if I am back on pills and tapering? ???

Well I am not much functional but was worse before going back on pills.

Thanks

Kitten I meant that after CT they felt so bad that for a time they were not able to drive or work or do the things we all normally do. CT is very hard on your system. 

Hi snow,

Good to hear from you!  I am sorry you're having a rough time.  Hopefully it gets better for you soon.

Thank you arcade!

I'm on the verge of giving up, to be honest. Surely CT from this level of dose can't be worse than this endless drip-drip-drip of symptoms. I think I'd rather get hit hard and fast and heal than deal with this slow, water-torture method. Each day the minutes get longer, you know?

Snow.

Snow,

I have my ups and downs.  More ups lately.  Yesterday and today I am feeling the downs.  I guess we could compare tapering to mini hells instead of one big hell that will shock our system and might land us in protracted.  I'll take the mini hells to better my odds.  I can only say hang in there because there is no other alternative.  Things might turn around quickly for you. Your BB friends will be here for you.

Hi snow,

Thank you arcade!

Snow.

Hey Snow.

Seems that this point... 3-4mg is a rough patch for a lot of people... and I've considered just making it cut and getting this over with sooner also... it appears we have similar reactions to this whole process... I've been cutting quite slow also with a micro taper and it's still unbearable most of the time... hang in there my friend.. We'll get there somehow.

Oregonkatz,

I know I have been there many times and I just don't get it. How can someone actually EVER recover from cold turkey if they don't eat,sleep,drink and are psychotic pretty much 24/7 and it doesn't go away :o Well at least that is my case. There is no way somebody can survive that for too long or will they actually start sleeping? I never did :idiot:

Guys, thank you soooo much for the love. I am just weary and worn down. Five minutes of "good" would energize me, you know?!

I can't imagine that 3 mg of V would destroy me as a CT; so many have dealt with so much more!! I dunno; I'm still thinking.

Your support means the world to me. I am hoooooping you are well.

(Sweet dpier ... We might be similar, but I think I'm a much bigger weinie than you are. I am falling apart; you're hanging tough!! Yay, you!!)

Love,

Snow

Hey Snow....

So sorry to hear about the rough spot you're in.

Yes, even a half an hour of okay would give hope again, right ? Just one spot of normal in the day.

It will pass again, I'm sure of that. Hang tight, okay?

Hey Snow....

So sorry to hear about the rough spot you're in.

Yes, even a half an hour of okay would give hope again, right ? Just one spot of normal in the day.

It will pass again, I'm sure of that. Hang tight, okay?

Right now? I am loving you and so grateful for you, mooooooo, through my tears.

Snow :smitten:

Hi snow,

Thank you arcade!

Snow.

Snow,

I have my ups and downs.  More ups lately.  Yesterday and today I am feeling the downs.  I guess we could compare tapering to mini hells instead of one big hell that will shock our system and might land us in protracted.  I'll take the mini hells to better my odds.  I can only say hang in there because there is no other alternative.  Things might turn around quickly for you. Your BB friends will be here for you.

You make sense. My brain is so broken. Thank you for caring. I'm clinging, right now, to your advice.

Love,

Snow

A few weeks ago I had a long window of normal me.  Not 100% but felt great.  It gave me a lot of hope and I cling to it now as I have been suffering a bit the last two days.  A window will come for you anytime out of nowhere soon. 

I'm always so grateful to read of folk's 'windows' ..

I really feel if I had known how hard this would be at the begining I might not have done it !!

But there is no going back now .. Head down into the wind..

Xx

I have so much admiration for you all.  I am in a bad wave myself.  I was doing semi ok after last cut on Aug.11 and on Aug. 29 was ready to make another small one and I got hit with the urinary pain and pressure.  It just won't let up.  I am on my knees also.  Hanging by my fingernails.  I'm going to Dr to talk about it I can't take this for months and months, I can barely function.  YOu are all my lifeline.  Feel so hopeless since I still have so far to go.  I know I shouldn't think like this but can't help where my mind goes.  Its almost two weeks and this symptom won't let go along with other ones.  Have had the tongue burning since Feb. and now the burning urinary symptoms, its too much.  YOu all are so close, try to hang on.  If you can't I feel there is no hope for people like us who have so long to go.  Praying for you all to get some peace and have your horrible s/x's over so you can go on. 

Freeme ... I hear you !!

You are doing really well. I always try to keep reminding myself how far I've come, but doesn't always help. Like you this place is my lifeline. I have only myself for support in the 'reality world' .. No one else has a clue !!

I think just knowing others are experiencing similar  symptons to myself is so reassuring. I battle to keep health anxiety at bay and this whole process doesn't help at all..

We're all just hanging in there by our fingernails !!xx