Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Mountain, what Builder said here is right (of course it is):

A standard 1ml oral syringe has 50 graduations. So each graduation is .02 ml.  If you your liquid is 1mg/100ml, that's .0002mg.

I got several from my vet's office. I also ordered a couple online . . . forget where. I'm pretty sure you can find them at amazon or just try googling 1 ml syringe.

Okatz

Made it halfway yesterday!

Down to 3.0 mg Valium!!!

Sloooow but getting there!

Selah

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am happy for you!

Made it halfway yesterday!

Down to 3.0 mg Valium!!!

Sloooow but getting there!

Selah

Great job! Awesome! Very happy for you Selah!

Also, thank you for putting Romans 8:28 in your sig... needed it. :smitten:

Forgot to take 16 mg Valium last night, part of my 40 mg a day.  Should I take all or some of it today?  Have taken my 12 mg morning dose an hour ago.  Sent similar cry for help to withdrawal thread just now.  Hoping someone will see and and answer.  Thank you. Cross

Cross, I replied to the topic you started too. But yes, I'd take it today.

Due to the long half life of Valium, you might not feel the missed dose today but that can change in the next week and then it'll be too late to make up for it.

16 mgr is a lot to skip, IMO

:hug:

Forgot to take 16 mg Valium last night, part of my 40 mg a day.  Should I take all or some of it today?  Have taken my 12 mg morning dose an hour ago.  Sent similar cry for help to withdrawal thread just now.  Hoping someone will see and and answer.  Thank you. Cross

Yes, take all of it!  You will almost certailny regret it if you don't.

Would appreciate some input please..

I am withdrawing from ativan but the insomnia is gastly and I ak trying the cross over again to valium in the night time dose.. I only took a quarter of a 5 mg tablet so next to nothing and feel gastly today..

Groggy, ( which I expected) but also palpitations and nausea.. Is this 'normal' for such a tiny dose? And does it get better?

Am not wanting to take it again tonight , just these side effects.. I thought it was meant to to help anxiety not make it worse!!

Would love your feedback .

I also had a hard time crossing from 2.5 mg. of Ativan, I did it in .25 mg. increments and it took me over 4 months.  I had much the same symptoms.  Nausea, etc but didn't have the tiredness or grogginess too much.  Once I got going it got better.  Crossing was the best thing I did but now that I'm tapering the Valium I am feeling the nausea etc again.  I also am having UTI type burning which right now is the worst symptom for me.  I hope this gets better and I think as you get rid of the Ativan you will do better also.  Hang in there, I am also and its rough but all we can do. 

Thank you for answering !

Tonight I have reduced the valium even more . Was reluctant to take it at all ! But figure if I can do the substitution in small steps may be better.. Seems crazy to be 'increasing' a drug!  But I'm  guessing my body has to get used to it.. The good thing is the ativan is going down.. I think this might take for ever !!

A direct cross over to Valium can be rocky indeed...

It's done in small steps per Ashotn or Peart schedules, since Valium needs a bit of time to build up in your body. It won't cover and of your Ativan symptoms, u fortunately with one dose .

The Valium can be sedating when first starting. However that goes away in a few weeks. Most people experience that when crossing over.

It can be very success full but I think you might want to take smaller steps... :thumbsup:

A direct cross over to Valium can be rocky indeed...

It's done in small steps per Ashotn or Peart schedules, since Valium needs a bit of time to build up in your body. It won't cover and of your Ativan symptoms, u fortunately with one dose .

This is soooo true.

Onelove had the same oxygen desaturation problem from Ativan as my mom, but her's resolved after a few months on valium, but my mom's waxes and wanes still.

Just because valium is a benzo, doesn't mean it will cover ALL the symptoms from a different benzo, but it sure is better than trying to taper a fast acting benzo.

Moodle an Mrmteo

I'm not sure you were directly answering my query or not, and apologies if you weren't !

I was not expecting it to cover ativan symptons and was not what I was asking. I decided to cross to more valium in my dose to hopefully help with insomnia a little. My query was more around wanting reassurance around the 'added' symptons I have experienced from the couple of doses I have taken were normal to valium.. With ativan withdrawal I haven't experienced the grogginess the palpitations and the nausea. I can only put these symptons down to valium as they came on immediatly after the dose of valium. I understand it takes a while for the system to settle down with the valium crossover. It was just asking about the side effects themselves from valium ..

Sorry I wasn't clear. It was a bad day !

Moodle an Mrmteo

I'm not sure you were directly answering my query or not, and apologies if you weren't !

I was not expecting it to cover ativan symptons and was not what I was asking. I decided to cross to more valium in my dose to hopefully help with insomnia a little. My query was more around wanting reassurance around the 'added' symptons I have experienced from the couple of doses I have taken were normal to valium.. With ativan withdrawal I haven't experienced the grogginess the palpitations and the nausea. I can only put these symptons down to valium as they came on immediatly after the dose of valium. I understand it takes a while for the system to settle down with the valium crossover. It was just asking about the side effects themselves from valium ..

Sorry I wasn't clear. It was a bad day !

Oh,,so you didn't cut any Ativan while taking the Valium then? If you did, I'd say it more the cut than the adding of v.

If you didn't , I'm sorry..I don't know  :-\

I didn't get palpitations from Valium but I did get nausea when I just started taking it.

Also, for what it s worth, Valium never helped me sleep. It made me super drowsy and tired at first but no sleeping.

The most prominent side effect of v for me was sedated feeling at first and nausea..

Not sure if this helps.

Hi,

In a wave today.  Looks like a hold but hopefully not for long.

I could feel it starting last night.  Looks like .01 daily with holds when needed.

I need to buy myself a Chromebook.  I am getting tired of using my phone laying around.  I don't want a tablet.  :)

Hey Moodle

Absolutly helps thank you..

I think its just the body getting used to it..

Yes I did the cut the ativan.. I substituted a previous .25 dose of ativan for the equivilant of valium..last night Of that .25 dose I mixed it between ativan and valium.. Fell much better this morning..

For me, definatly seems to help with the sleep. Phew! Too much of a coincidence to go from 3 hours to 5-6 hours is it wasn't the valium. Hope that lasts.. Thanks for answering BB

Hey Moodle

Absolutly helps thank you..

I think its just the body getting used to it..

Yes I did the cut the ativan.. I substituted a previous .25 dose of ativan for the equivilant of valium..last night Of that .25 dose I mixed it between ativan and valium.. Fell much better this morning..

For me, definatly seems to help with the sleep. Phew! Too much of a coincidence to go from 3 hours to 5-6 hours is it wasn't the valium. Hope that lasts.. Thanks for answering BB

Oh, that's great !!!!

It can make such a difference, those few hours...

Yes, then I would say so too.

On 15 mgr I was a numb zombie. But still not sleeping. I ran into my furniture from the stuff.

I did a quicker cross over, Peart style , because of my reaction to Ativan.

Maybe it was just too much at once for you? Could be?

I'm glad you feel a bit better this morning ( or evening, here ).

:smitten:

About a two month use of benzos with some kindling and stuck in a long taper.  Since I wasn't on benzos that long, was the long taper a bad idea?

I don't think so. I honestly don't.

Short term usage is considered two weeks!

I only took Ativan for about 3-4 months myself. And I'm just now almost done, after a 20 months or so taper.

I cut from 4 to 0.75 Ativan in less than ten weeks. And I'm telling you : I'm glad I'm still here.

I don't say that just because.  It was bad.

The people who cold turkey off of this crap and are here to tell us about it, deserve a freaking medal.

Pure gold one. 20 lbs.

So, I could never have done it faster myself. At all.

About a two month use of benzos with some kindling and stuck in a long taper.  Since I wasn't on benzos that long, was the long taper a bad idea?

I don't think so. I honestly don't.

Short term usage is considered two weeks!

I only took Ativan for about 3-4 months myself. And I'm just now almost done, after a 20 months or so taper.

I cut from 4 to 0.75 Ativan in less than ten weeks. And I'm telling you : I'm glad I'm still here.

I don't say that just because.  It was bad.

The people who cold turkey off of this crap and are here to tell us about it, deserve a freaking medal.

Pure gold one. 20 lbs.

So, I could never have done it faster myself. At all.

Thanks moodle.  I ran into a post that put some doubt in my mind.  After what the ER did to me and the Xanax use I don't think I could have c/t either.