Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Mountain,

I still don't understand how the brain is going to heal ??? What kind of food is going to heal

those GABA receptors or whatever is damaged ???

I know that some people do recover but on the other site I am reading all these people are struggling

here soo much and it reminds me The hell I went through for nothing :(

Mountain,

I still don't understand how the brain is going to heal ??? What kind of food is going to heal

those GABA receptors or whatever is damaged ???

I know that some people do recover but on the other site I am reading all these people are struggling

here soo much and it reminds me The hell I went through for nothing :(

Maybe go to the Success story section on the forum. Even people who thought they'd never make it, who suffered tremendously , are living a full life right now.

Some of them were not able to post here for a long time, just too messed up and sick.

And they are out and about and this is in their past.

If there was a food that would heal those receptors, we'd all be growing it by now. So no, you'll need time. You'll need lots of time and it's our job to get through that time as well as we can and taper as gently as we can to make it tolerable.

You'll get there, too, Kitten.

Yes, you'll read a lot of miserable things here because everyone feels lousy. And has the same doubts and are scared, sick etc.

But it gets better. It really does  :smitten:

Moodle,

yeah I guess you are right but the time is the worst part of it :'( Time cost money. My 8 year

old will be probably at College when I will be "normal" I didnt talk to him for more than a year,

that's how messed up I am :'( I cant imagine couple more years :-\

Moodle,

yeah I guess you are right but the time is the worst part of it :'( Time cost money. My 8 year

old will be probably at College when I will be "normal" I didnt talk to him for more than a year,

that's how messed up I am :'( I cant imagine couple more years :-\

It's not said you'll feel,like this all the way down, though, Kitten !

I thought so too but it wasn't .

I felt really bad too about my son being so little no me not being there. It's a totally different situation, of course. But look at it this way : use this time to get better. To allow yourself to sort things out and to get yourself back in the rails.

Thoughts are powerful things and we might even believe all the lies the Valium is telling us.

It works the other way around too, though.. Stop telling yourself you're so messed up.

You are sick right now. Are you telling people who are sick that they are messed up? Of course you don't.. So stop telling yourself that!

You need time to get better. Have some compassion for yourself and take it easy  :smitten:

I mean I am not able to make at least Skype Call. I feel soo disconected or depressed :-[

Just like living in weird bubble :idiot: and not being myself at all :-[

yogi about this:

Has anyone tried pharm grade liquid Diazepam with belly distress or is the belly distress the same whether liquid or pill?

I couldn't tolerate the pharm grade liquid, much to my unhappiness. It made me truly sick. I tolerated the pills just fine, and really hoped I would tolerate the liquid as I wanted to do daily cuts using liquid.

So I made my own. I dissolve 1 mg of valium in 1 ml vodka, and top up my 100 ml beaker with 99 mls of water. That allows me to make cuts as small as I want to. At the moment, I am making tiny .005 mg cuts as I am almost finished and don't want to screw things up on the last .1 mg.

It's been a long haul, but I concentrated on how to make myself feel as well as possible instead of getting done with my taper as fast as possible.

There really is no need to suffer. And boy, I found out that cut and hold, and big cuts, were the ticket to suffering. For me anyhow.

Hope you can figure out how not to suffer . . . it really isn't necessary!

Wishing you better times,

:smitten:

Okatz

I mean I am not able to make at least Skype Call. I feel soo disconected or depressed :-[

Just like living in weird bubble :idiot: and not being myself at all :-[

Yes, that's what it can feel like, yes.

Try and distract yourself good as you can so you can get through the time you need as well as you can...

Hello BBs,

ok so I stopped my last 0.25mg Klonopin and added 5mg Valium. That means I am back to 30mg

Valium and I am soo drugged up again? :( What should I do? Just take 25mg and hope I will get stable on that? Yes and on top of that I still cannot open my mouth. Just little bit. Is this normal? :'(

hello BB's

I have been absent for a while and looking to reconnect with the group. Today I went to the benzo wise website(http://www.recovery-road.org/list-of-symptoms) looking for symptoms that I am currently experiencing and discovered that I have a good many of these symptoms. I realize I have probably stepped up my tapering faster than I should have but grow anxious to remove valium from my system.  I tried to go liquid with pharm grade diazepam and starting having intense belly distress as a result.  So I went back to the pills with the knowledge that the cuts would be much more intense percentage wise and quartering pills creates inconsistency in dosing.  The most intense symptoms are inability to sleep for days, severe tremors, belly distress and bloating, and OCD thoughts that are terrifying in nature.  Has anyone tried pharm grade liquid Diazepam with belly distress or is the belly distress the same whether liquid or pill? Also, looking for a little light at the end of this tunnel, what happens when you jump?  Thank you for any feedback.

I've had worse belly distress with pharma liquid v AND vodka v. The compounded oil liquid v settled it down

Hope you feel better soon

Hey guys,

I need to ask a question regarding my benzo dose. Long story short, I need to taper off of my corticosteroid... NOW. I am going to taper down to 4.0mg of Valium and then sit there... and proceed to taper of the remaining 15mg of my Hydrocortisone.

Do I need to worry about having issues staying on 4.0mg of Valium for the next year or so? Thank you.

Dan

Hey guys,

I need to ask a question regarding my benzo dose. Long story short, I need to taper off of my corticosteroid... NOW. I am going to taper down to 4.0mg of Valium and then sit there... and proceed to taper of the remaining 15mg of my Hydrocortisone.

Do I need to worry about having issues staying on 4.0mg of Valium for the next year or so? Thank you.

Dan

Hey Dan...

Are you cutting soon, then? Cause just two days ago your were in the shitbucket and not doing well at all. I'd certainly hold for a bit longer before coming down to 4 but that's my two cents.

I'm going to leave that other question of staying on 4 mgr to someone else more knowledgable about it, although I don't think anyone could predict... :-\

There has been some discussion of late again about tolerance and I don't think I know enough to say something that could help you about that... :smitten:

Hey guys,

Dan

Hey Dan...

Are you cutting soon, then? Cause just two days ago your were in the shitbucket and not doing well at all. I'd certainly hold for a bit longer before coming down to 4 but that's my two cents.

I'm going to leave that other question of staying on 4 mgr to someone else more knowledgable about it, although I don't think anyone could predict... :-\

There has been some discussion of late again about tolerance and I don't think I know enough to say something that could help you about that... :smitten:

Thanks Moo :)

I'm holding at 4.5mg and have been fairly okay-ish the past few in comparison to usual...

I need to put it on hold, though. I've been having issues with my corticosteroid, and it's something that NOBODY should be on for any length of time unless needed in life or death situations.. I'm starting to have issues associated with longer term use of it, I believe... and it's time that I get off and put that one behind me. If I'm off with the time of taking it by as little as an hour or two, it can screw up my blood sugar levels pretty drastically, and it's something I can't be on long term.

Going to start micro-tapering that tomorrow and holding the valium.

Steroids are something that if you've been on for years and you are c/t-ed, you can die from that. I can't live with that hanging over my head any longer.

Hope you're well  :smitten: ... you are almost done my friend.

Ay, Dan... I didn't know that.

Please, be careful. Take you're time

I'm hoping that that will solve the blood sugar trouble.

Please keep up posted ? :smitten:

Will do :)

Perfect example of the situation I'm talking about... I usually take my hydrocortisone at 8am and then 5pm.... (10mg @ 8am and 5mg @ 5pm).

I took a nap and slept through my alarm until 630pm tonight... so I took it an hour and a half late.. my second dose..

.. for the past 4 hours, my blood sugar has been 110... and it's midnight here... that NEVER happens. ..and I've had periods where doses where missed and taken differently in regards to meals than usual and it will spike to 150 and stay there for hours... or it'll run seriously low... either the drug is getting absorbed differently on empty vs. full stomach... or the timing is throwing it off.

Either way, the steroid needs to be ditched.

Keep you updated and keep me updated on how you are!!  :smitten:

Hey guys,

Dan

No.

Just FIY, I held at 9mg for over 2 years...no problem.

Dan,,

I'm no expert but personally I have used long holds at even lower levels and only ever felt much better.

I think you will be fine.

Wishing you the best of outcomes with the Steriod elimination.

👍

ATU

I was put on it by my MD/ND for a 'test run' to see if it would help eliminate some of the symptoms that I was going through at the time... which happened to be psych drug withdrawal... 3-4 years ago... these things are nasty... seriously nasty...

... I'm doing somewhat okay at the moment.. I just really need to monitor what time and how in relation to meals I take my corticosteroid... I'm most likely going to make sure I become super spot-on about that issue before I wean off of it... in the mean time, still coming down from 4.5mg Valium.. so in the next month I'll be at 4.0mg Valium, will likely hold out... and then taper the HC... I've got about 3 weeks to contemplate it all.

Thanks for the replies guys.. have a good Memorial Day Weekend. :)

Hey guys,

Dan

No.

Just FIY, I held at 9mg for over 2 years...no problem.

I agree with Builder and the others.  We do not have many anecdotal examples of people who have done very long holds, but Builder is one.  I have to think it is a very good thing to do.  Over on SA they are big proponents of long holds for all psych drugs, benzos included.  I think it will give your brain a nice break and set you up for a good finish to your V taper.

[f7...]

yogi about this:

Has anyone tried pharm grade liquid Diazepam with belly distress or is the belly distress the same whether liquid or pill?

I couldn't tolerate the pharm grade liquid, much to my unhappiness. It made me truly sick. I tolerated the pills just fine, and really hoped I would tolerate the liquid as I wanted to do daily cuts using liquid.

So I made my own. I dissolve 1 mg of valium in 1 ml vodka, and top up my 100 ml beaker with 99 mls of water. That allows me to make cuts as small as I want to. At the moment, I am making tiny .005 mg cuts as I am almost finished and don't want to screw things up on the last .1 mg.

It's been a long haul, but I concentrated on how to make myself feel as well as possible instead of getting done with my taper as fast as possible.

There really is no need to suffer. And boy, I found out that cut and hold, and big cuts, were the ticket to suffering. For me anyhow.

Okatz

thank you Kat. Where do you find a syringe that gives you that small of a measurement? The one I have has 1 ml as its largest measurement. Can I use that syringe?

[f7...]

hello BB's

I have been absent for a while and looking to reconnect with the group. Today I went to the benzo wise website(http://www.recovery-road.org/list-of-symptoms) looking for symptoms that I am currently experiencing and discovered that I have a good many of these symptoms. I realize I have probably stepped up my tapering faster than I should have but grow anxious to remove valium from my system.  I tried to go liquid with pharm grade diazepam and starting having intense belly distress as a result.  So I went back to the pills with the knowledge that the cuts would be much more intense percentage wise and quartering pills creates inconsistency in dosing.  The most intense symptoms are inability to sleep for days, severe tremors, belly distress and bloating, and OCD thoughts that are terrifying in nature.  Has anyone tried pharm grade liquid Diazepam with belly distress or is the belly distress the same whether liquid or pill? Also, looking for a little light at the end of this tunnel, what happens when you jump?  Thank you for any feedback.

I've had worse belly distress with pharma liquid v AND vodka v. The compounded oil liquid v settled it down

Thanks Smiff, Is the compounded oil liquid something that is out of the ordinary for a compounding pharmacy?  I think Moodle does the same thing.

hello BB's

Thanks Smiff, Is the compounded oil liquid something that is out of the ordinary for a compounding pharmacy?  I think Moodle does the same thing.

Yup ! Same thing  :thumbsup:

You would pretty much need just some glass jars , such as baby food jars, a ten ml syringe and that's it.

Many people are confusing  the milligrams with mililiters .

When you make a 0.05 MILIGRAM cut , it will most likely be 5 MILILITERS.

So that's the difference .

If you make a 1:100 liquid, that would be correct.

Which would be 1 mgr Valium ( half of a two mgr tab ) in 1 ml vodka. Then add 99 ml of water and Voilá. You got 100 ml of liquid.

It's diluted like that so you can make small cuts.

yogi about this:

Okatz

thank you Kat. Where do you find a syringe that gives you that small of a measurement? The one I have has 1 ml as its largest measurement. Can I use that syringe?

A standard 1ml oral syringe has 50 graduations. So each graduation is .02 ml.  If you your liquid is 1mg/100ml, that's .0002mg.