Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Okay, after my second dose today, I feel like I'm literally going insane. I feel so sick... so weak... everything is spinning and I feel like I want to start screaming and shouting... yet I am sitting her.. looking calm as a cucumber... what the hell is going on? I've been cutting slowly, steadily. This can't be normal?

I can't handle any stimulation. I can't breathe. My mind keeps telling me that the pill shaving isn't working. Idk what to do.  :sick:

Dpier1987,

I am the same way,.. Can't take any drama or big responsibility right now. Also, I feel like I have to do my breathing consciously or my body won't take care of it by itself.

It's just withdrawal!

I would suggest you do a long hold until things settle.

Hang in there my friend.

:thumbsup:

ATU

( hey ATU  :hug:)

Why is it so hard to hold when deep down you know that's what you have to do? Seriously. I know I need to stop comparing myself to others.. but at this rate I'll never get off this shit.

Why is it so hard to hold when deep down you know that's what you have to do? Seriously. I know I need to stop comparing myself to others.. but at this rate I'll never get off this shit.

At the rate you're going now, you'll feel like crap.

What is it you chose?

Dpier1987,

I learned a long time ago. Time is not an issue. If you need to hold that's fine, it's better than an updose, right!

Look at me, I have at this longer than many but I don't care. I know a long hold makes me feel better so I do it when I need it. We will be off make no mistake about that!

ATU

Thank you ATU.

At this point, I may just hold the Valium until 'stable' and taper off the other medications first. I don't think it's in my best interest to stay on the steroids for another 2 years while I wean the rest of the Valium..

..either way, this is absolutely insane.

Hi:

Sorry I haven't been on this site. But I've been focusing on KK now because it may turn out that my scale might defective and came w/o an important part. I ordered a new one, but who knows if my micro taper all along has been done all wrong? If that's the case, then I am in deep trouble. I might have to go back to start, tho people tell me otherwise. I won't know for sure until the new scale comes on Friday. I've tried so hard to keep with the program, to be able to just ease off the K. Now I don't know if that will happen or not. Say a prayer for me, please. :'(

Bets

Thank you ATU.

At this point, I may just hold the Valium until 'stable' and taper off the other medications first. I don't think it's in my best interest to stay on the steroids for another 2 years while I wean the rest of the Valium..

Dpier1987,

One day we will look back on these benzo taper years and think, wow,..what a crazy ride. But it will all be behind us then.

Hang in there!  :thumbsup:

ATU

. I might have to go back to start,

No, you won't have to do that. :)

Thank you once again builder. You always make me feel better.  :) :)

Bets, I also don't see why!

No....don't do that..

Hi:

Sorry I haven't been on this site. But I've been focusing on KK now because it may turn out that my scale might defective and came w/o an important part. I ordered a new one, but who knows if my micro taper all along has been done all wrong? If that's the case, then I am in deep trouble. I might have to go back to start, tho people tell me otherwise. I won't know for sure until the new scale comes on Friday. I've tried so hard to keep with the program, to be able to just ease off the K. Now I don't know if that will happen or not. Say a prayer for me, please. :'(

Bets

Praying for you Bets!

Thank you ATU.

Dpier1987,

One day we will look back on these benzo taper years and think, wow,..what a crazy ride. But it will all be behind us then.

Hang in there!  :thumbsup:

ATU

You too man. Thanks you.  :thumbsup:

Anyone

Between .5 mg and .75 mg and should be at .5 mg by next week

I am finding it incredibly hard to believe that these tiny cuts at this little level of dosage can create this kind of withdrawal...whew!

Makes me start thinking maybe something else is wrong with me...but i know withdrawals.

I can feel the closeness of getting off of these and that is keeping me going.

Hope everyone gets through this :-)

My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Shasta

Anyone

Between .5 mg and .75 mg and should be at .5 mg by next week

I am finding it incredibly hard to believe that these tiny cuts at this little level of dosage can create this kind of withdrawal...whew!

Makes me start thinking maybe something else is wrong with me...but i know withdrawals.

I can feel the closeness of getting off of these and that is keeping me going.

Hope everyone gets through this :-)

My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Shasta

I'm with you on all this, Shasta.

We just have to accept for now and allow time to tell us.

Doubt is a sneaky one.

Glad you're almost there.  Don't rush it..

I try the same.

Thanks for the update

Hello my BBs friends. I went to dentist and it was first time in my life they inject me with something

and I feel kind of sick like very cold but its hot outside. Is it from The dentist or benzo withdrawal? ???

Hello my BBs friends. I went to dentist and it was first time in my life they inject me with something

and I feel kind of sick like very cold but its hot outside. Is it from The dentist or benzo withdrawal? ???

Kittensick,

I too recently had to have dental work and the freezing really left me feeling weird. I hate the feeling of the freezing injection anyway but this time it hit me hard. I think it is just normal withdrawal anxiety. Were you nervous about the dental visit at all?

ATU

All tied up,

it went away so I guess it was really reaction to that injection. Now I cannot open mouth and they didnt extract the wisdom tooth :tickedoff: I think they are ancient here :idiot:

Nervous about dentist? Haha No!! I am not scared of anything just benzo withdrawal :(

Everything else is just joke ::)

[77...]

hello BB's

I have been absent for a while and looking to reconnect with the group. Today I went to the benzo wise website(http://www.recovery-road.org/list-of-symptoms) looking for symptoms that I am currently experiencing and discovered that I have a good many of these symptoms. I realize I have probably stepped up my tapering faster than I should have but grow anxious to remove valium from my system.  I tried to go liquid with pharm grade diazepam and starting having intense belly distress as a result.  So I went back to the pills with the knowledge that the cuts would be much more intense percentage wise and quartering pills creates inconsistency in dosing.  The most intense symptoms are inability to sleep for days, severe tremors, belly distress and bloating, and OCD thoughts that are terrifying in nature.  Has anyone tried pharm grade liquid Diazepam with belly distress or is the belly distress the same whether liquid or pill? Also, looking for a little light at the end of this tunnel, what happens when you jump?  Thank you for any feedback.

hello BB's

I have been absent for a while and looking to reconnect with the group. Today I went to the benzo wise website(http://www.recovery-road.org/list-of-symptoms) looking for symptoms that I am currently experiencing and discovered that I have a good many of these symptoms. I realize I have probably stepped up my tapering faster than I should have but grow anxious to remove valium from my system.  I tried to go liquid with pharm grade diazepam and starting having intense belly distress as a result.  So I went back to the pills with the knowledge that the cuts would be much more intense percentage wise and quartering pills creates inconsistency in dosing.  The most intense symptoms are inability to sleep for days, severe tremors, belly distress and bloating, and OCD thoughts that are terrifying in nature.  Has anyone tried pharm grade liquid Diazepam with belly distress or is the belly distress the same whether liquid or pill? Also, looking for a little light at the end of this tunnel, what happens when you jump?  Thank you for any feedback.

Hi MG, welcome back :)

Yes, I had GI trouble with the pharma grade liquid and switched to a compounded liquid.

You can also titrate your own by dissolving 1 mgr pill ( half of a 2 tab) into 1 ml vodka, add 99 ml water and then pick a rate good for you to tape with and reduce that daily.

I don't heave belly distress from the pills.

I'm not sure with what rate you tapered but your symptoms are quite common in withdrawal and if they increase, you. Ugh to want to hold a bit and then continue on at a slower rate.

Speeding up the process is not the right way to go, actually... When the drugs are out of your body, it doesn't mean it all goes away right away. I do think that with a daily taper or cutting smaller , you can step off this stuff healing on the way down.

It's rough to be patient, I know. But it will take time and we have to wait for our bodies to be better and there is nothing to do about it. You can make it worse by going too fast, though.

The intrusive thoughts are common too. I know they can be scary. Just remember it's not you. It's not your mind, it's your actual brain trying to regain balance and it's doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing to heal..

I'm sorry you're dealing with that.

Well, that's my two cents. Hope it helps.

[77...]
Thanks Moodle, I actually saw your post on the microtaper feed and was wondering where you get the valium powder almond oil compound script filled? Also, how long and where (fridge necessary?) do you store the liquid of the alcohol/water recipe and how do you figure out the dosage?  My mind is a wreck and 2 plus 2 does not equal 4 for me these days :idiot: Day 2 no sleep, I took 2 big cuts within a 2 week period and feeling it.  The pharmacist told me the preservative in the diaz liquid may be the problem but the belly ache persists even though I have stopped so I think it might just be Benzo belly. Thanks again!

Thanks Moodle, I actually saw your post on the microtaper feed and was wondering where you get the valium powder almond oil compound script filled? Also, how long and where (fridge necessary?) do you store the liquid of the alcohol/water recipe and how do you figure out the dosage?  My mind is a wreck and 2 plus 2 does not equal 4 for me these days :idiot: Day 2 no sleep, I took 2 big cuts within a 2 week period and feeling it.  The pharmacist told me the preservative in the diaz liquid may be the problem but the belly ache persists even though I have stopped so I think it might just be Benzo belly. Thanks again!

I think you're cuts are large and you're body hasn't caught up. You can try avoiding that indeed by either cutting smaller or doing a daily taper.

I've sent you a pm about the liquid: each town has a compound pharmacy where they do costum made scripts. You'd need your prescriber to write one out and then you take it to the compound pharmacy instead of regular pharmacy. No fridge needed.

When you titrate your own, you also don't want to put it in the fridge.

You just tell us how fast or slow you want to go and I can tell you how much you'd need to cut daly to reach that .

If you'd like to cut 0.5 mgr every two to three weeks for example ( which sounds reasonable for your 15 mgr dose ) I could let you know how much to daily cut to reach that .

Could be just benzo belly or the last liquid trying to settle. Who knows, really!mits always one thing else, isn't it?

Can somebody please tell me if I will get my life back when I get off those damn pills?

I lost about 95% of my life and my friend is telling me I will never have that life back that

I will have to learn with my new messed up brain :(

I cannot work,drive,socialize,watch TV,listen to music,just nothing :(

[77...]

Dear Kitten,

please do not allow other people to bring darkness your way.  These people know nothing of the miraculous way the brain heals itself.  You can do it.  This is an excellent forum and if you read people's stories, you can see for yourself that people do recover and so you will you! Please check out the Mentoring thread (http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=133108.930)

for support from people who have recovered.  Sending Love and encouragement, this is just a little hiccup in your life path. Create a positive internal dialogue and when the monsters come out to play, let them know that you are in control  ;)