Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I'm feeling awful again today.  Still have diarrhea, nausea, hand,arm,neck tingling numbness, no appetite.  I'm so sorry we all seem to be suffering some.  I had an MRI done on Aug. 19 with contrast so wondering if that made things worse also but seems it would have hit right away.  I know with the long acting Valium I don't get hit for a few weeks after a cut so hope thats what I'm feeling now.  I also take Soma, Norco for the spine issues so hope this isn't making things worse.  Its so hard.  Sending hugs to all and prayers for better days soon.  I have an eye dr. appt. tomorrow which I will have to cancel, I just don't feel up to going out.  Guess we all have to hang tough and just get through it.  I have a bad habit of going to Dr. google and then I scare myself so trying not to do that either.  Hope everyone has a tolerable day.

Yeah.. is it just me, or has the past week been a very very rough patch for a lot of people? It seems like everyone I've talked to on fb who is suffering from benzo w/d issues is suffering very badly.. myself included... the past 4 days especially have seen some of the worst waves I've had in over a year.

Weird. Anyways, I hope everyone is doing better also. Dang.

Hi All,

Just checking in with everyone.  I haven't been thinking about benzos lately as I have been feeling OK the last few weeks.  I have been doing other things that I haven't been doing the last year during my taper and it feels good to finally be doing those things again.  Hopefully I don't jinx it.  The last time I posted a well message I went into a bad wave...haha.  :)

I slowed my taper down to .01ml per day and so far so good.  Baseline is probably around 80 to 85 percent.  Hang in there it does get better when you listen to your body and adjust your taper rate when needed.

Cheers

Great news, arcade. Good for you!

I haven't been thinking about benzos lately as I have been feeling OK the last few weeks.  I have been doing other things that I haven't been doing the last year during my taper and it feels good to finally be doing those things again.

Unfortunately for me, a complication is that I take only a single dose of clonazepam a day.

So I can´t gradually swap doses of clonazepam for diazepam !

Lowering the dose of clonazepam and adding diazepam at the same time gives a very messy effect !

Also, diazepam can greatly potentiate ethe effects of clonazepam and lowering the clonazepam has direct physical effects !

While I could do something like adding a daytime dose of diazepam while keeping the clonazepam, the alternative is a direct crossover.

Btw, that ´Dr´ Reg Peart is not a medical doctor !! Physics ! That´s misleading. I don´t have a doctorate, would any of you take me more seriously if I had ?

How is it misleading when he suffered benzo withdrawal after 40 years of personal experience?

The title of 'Dr' suggests that he was a medical doctor.  He was not.  He is/was not qualified to give medical advice as an MD ! People can get fooled that way.

His personal experience with 'benzo withdrawal' is unrelated to this.

People with a "Dr." before their name wrote/write the prescriptions that got us all in this mess. I'll take Peart and Ashton any day. Wait until you are done your taper before you become an authority on tapering or people won't listen to you either.

etown

Psychiatry has always been considered pseudo science because there is no physical evidence to prove their theories, for ex, scans, blood work, etc.

Non psychiatric drs prescribe psychiatric medications when they do not have the qualified background to do so.

They only know what a pharma rep tells them.

Yeah.. is it just me, or has the past week been a very very rough patch for a lot of people? It seems like everyone I've talked to on fb who is suffering from benzo w/d issues is suffering very badly.. myself included... the past 4 days especially have seen some of the worst waves I've had in over a year.

I, too have noticed many suffering including my mom more than usual.

Maybe it was the recent full moon?

I, too have noticed many suffering including my mom more than usual.

Maybe it was the recent full moon?

Same here... :-[

I notice many are in a bad way recently, yes.

All,

I have mentioned probiotics before and wanted to share this information again.  This was brought up in a success story discussion and I want to share it with you.  There is no proof of this but it is very encouraging.  I would like to also mention AlwaysFrantastic made me aware of this information:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=132472.20

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/magazine/can-the-bacteria-in-your-gut-explain-your-mood.html?_r=3

Quotes from formywifeandkids:

"Rivobuddy, look into Probiotics strains lactobacillus GG, l rhamnosus. These are potent anxiolitcs. They increase GABA receptor expression, reduce pro inflammatory cytokines, degrade histamine and help digestion. Over time if you feed them prebiotic foods, oatbran, onions, gum Arabic, Jerusalem artichokes, etc, you will also boost bifido bacteria numbers, very powerful GABA producing strains in the lower bowel. Give them time to multiply and watch for an initial potential increase in nausea or anxiety as they battle the bad gut bugs for dominance."

Hi rivobuddy,

Increasing GABA receptor expression is basically helping your brain to grow the receptors needed to use GABA. One of the consequences of benzos (at least in theory) is down regulation of these receptors so that there are fewer of them. L rhamnosus reverses this, through a signalling mechanism in the Central Nervous System.

"Basically certain Probiotic strains reverse the down regulation caused by benzos, but without impacting on glutamate. L rhamnosus is one strain missing from the Probiotics below, and it was a key player for me. I don't know the specific strains below, but in general terns, bifido strains are GABA producing, l salivarius is a particularly aggressive strain, and I think it was the reason I was unable to tolerate Probio Probiotics, but is a powerhouse if you can tolerate it. Its often referred to as a foundational strain, so I might revisit it .You could start with a single strain Probiotics maybe? Culturelle or Jarrows Ideal Bowel Support are single strain. If you're in the states Custom Probiotics do samples which could be worth looking at. I want to try B infantis next as it is a big strain in childhood, and I was on a lot of anti biotics as a kid so might need to repopulate. "

Have a good day.

Thank you Arcade for posting the information. My friends who is a neurologist recommended that I eat the yogurt daily and I definitely saw huge improvements after eating it. I healed from a c/t in 6 months.

AlwaysFrantastic:)

I know this is not a probiotic thread, but just want to mention to anyone that doesn't have an appendix.

The appendix is the incubator of our gut bacteria and without one, a person needs to really supplement probiotics more than those who have one.

Hey all,

I've really seemed to hit a wall in my taper. I'm at 4.6mg Valium as of today... and I'm now waking up in the middle of the night pretty much on cue, shaking, sick, weak, starving, and very wired... I feel so incredibly overstimulated to everything.

My body is shaking right now and I've been extremely wired all morning. Gut issues are getting really bad... losing more weight... memory and cognition are very bad.

The past three months about, I've cut 10% each month... doing a micro-taper of about .04mg/every other day or .5-.6mg/month. ... at this rate, I would be off in another 7-9 months... which seems like an eternity.

Any advice on what to do? I've already been tapering from 15mg for around 14 months.. and feel like for the pace I've set out, not being able to continue work or even go part time at school is overboard.

I held my dose for 2 days over the weekend, but got impatient and have cut the past 3 days again.

Any advice? The advice will probably be to hold my dose, and I know that... but after thinking about it, I've had mixed success doing that in the past. I've held for 6 weeks before, and was worse off towards the end of 6 weeks. Also, I've had many experiences like this where I've held for a bit after not even cutting much and felt worse until I cut again... and then got slammed 3 days later.  Should I just continue forward and work on accepting this?

I posted about this on my youtube; I'll take any advice I can get.. getting off the Valium is my gateway to getting off everything else and being able to live again.

Thanks all.  :smitten: :smitten:

I'm feeling awful again today.  Still have diarrhea, nausea, hand,arm,neck tingling numbness, no appetite.  I'm so sorry we all seem to be suffering some.  I had an MRI done on Aug. 19 with contrast so wondering if that made things worse also but seems it would have hit right away.  I know with the long acting Valium I don't get hit for a few weeks after a cut so hope thats what I'm feeling now.  I also take Soma, Norco for the spine issues so hope this isn't making things worse.  Its so hard.  Sending hugs to all and prayers for better days soon.  I have an eye dr. appt. tomorrow which I will have to cancel, I just don't feel up to going out.  Guess we all have to hang tough and just get through it.  I have a bad habit of going to Dr. google and then I scare myself so trying not to do that either.  Hope everyone has a tolerable day.

Hi Free, I think Norco is a tricky thing.  I have to take some when my autoimmune disease flares and it really works well, but the next day I notice my burning from withdrawal is usually worse.  It could also be the contrast you used with the MRI especially if valium cuts hit you a few weeks later.  That makes more sense to me. I am a fast metabolizer. I had a endoscope with proponol (sp?) and really got hit.  Took about a week to feel better.  Hope you are now feeling a little better.

I know this is not a probiotic thread, but just want to mention to anyone that doesn't have an appendix.

The appendix is the incubator of our gut bacteria and without one, a person needs to really supplement probiotics more than those who have one.

mrtmeo, interesting stuff.  Had mine taken out many years ago but never heard of this.  Looks like I have some research to do. TY

I already take probiotics and have taken them for over 4 yrs. since my CDiff infection.  Went to the Dr. today and have a UTI.  They are sending it out for culture to make sure because I really don't want the antibiotics if I don't need them.  Gave me Azo urinary pain relief samples and also Azo cranberry with probiotic samples.  I do feel some better today so hopefully I'm on the mend.  He said it could be my back causing the urinary and bowel issues also. They pretty much dismiss the V connection.  JUst glad I feel better today and hope I don't need the atx.  Feel better everyone. 

Hey all,

I've really seemed to hit a wall in my taper. I'm at 4.6mg Valium as of today... and I'm now waking up in the middle of the night pretty much on cue, shaking, sick, weak, starving, and very wired... I feel so incredibly overstimulated to everything.

My body is shaking right now and I've been extremely wired all morning. Gut issues are getting really bad... losing more weight... memory and cognition are very bad.

The past three months about, I've cut 10% each month... doing a micro-taper of about .04mg/every other day or .5-.6mg/month. ... at this rate, I would be off in another 7-9 months... which seems like an eternity.

Any advice on what to do? I've already been tapering from 15mg for around 14 months.. and feel like for the pace I've set out, not being able to continue work or even go part time at school is overboard.

I held my dose for 2 days over the weekend, but got impatient and have cut the past 3 days again.

Any advice? The advice will probably be to hold my dose, and I know that... but after thinking about it, I've had mixed success doing that in the past. I've held for 6 weeks before, and was worse off towards the end of 6 weeks. Also, I've had many experiences like this where I've held for a bit after not even cutting much and felt worse until I cut again... and then got slammed 3 days later.  Should I just continue forward and work on accepting this?

I posted about this on my youtube; I'll take any advice I can get.. getting off the Valium is my gateway to getting off everything else and being able to live again.

Even with a conservative microtaper, its possible to hit a bump.  I was pretty OK until I got down to 3.5, and there I got hit pretty hard, sxs similar to what you are reporting.

I held at 3.5 for 10 days, and didn't improve much, so I updosed to 3.7, and held there for 2 weeks.  I pretty much recovered, so I started my taper again, at a slower rate (.0125/day instead of .015/day.

FWIW, I had no  problems after that, none, nada, zero...!  I eventually even went back to .020/day, and jumped at .5mg.

I think its a big mistake to try to push through, or hurry your taper.  To me, the goal is 1) get off with the least amount of discomfort, and 2) be well when your done.

Hey all,

Hey man,

I got hammered when I hit 4mg and I mean I got hit super hard.  I had to hold for 4 weeks at 4mg to get stable.  After 4mg things got easier.  From what I've seen on BB 4mg seems to be the magic number when things get a bit rough but simmers down a bit thereafter.  Like builder said, hold for awhile and do not push through it because it will just build up.  Be patient and listen to your body.  I'm pulling for you.

Thank you both. I wish I could show my appreciation but I'm just completely being rocked right now. Thanks for all you guys do.

I know the feeling.  When we're getting rocked we're in desperation for answers.  All I can say is endure it and things will get better.  4mg and 3mg seems to be the big wall for most.  I recall SG57 had a link to a study showing the first few mg cover the most receptors.  This isn't true for everyone but it was true for me.

Hang in there bud.

Same here, DPIEr.

I got slammed at 3.75

Seems like more people get this at some point . Maybe this is your wall , kind of.

I held there for a bit too and did a lot better after again.

Welp, 4.5 mg may be my wall.. if it is or it isn't, it's A wall.. and I need to hold. I can't rationalize putting myself through another day of what I've been going through for the past week+ .. :sick:

Okay, after my second dose today, I feel like I'm literally going insane. I feel so sick... so weak... everything is spinning and I feel like I want to start screaming and shouting... yet I am sitting her.. looking calm as a cucumber... what the hell is going on? I've been cutting slowly, steadily. This can't be normal?

I can't handle any stimulation. I can't breathe. My mind keeps telling me that the pill shaving isn't working. Idk what to do.  :sick:

Okay, after my second dose today, I feel like I'm literally going insane. I feel so sick... so weak... everything is spinning and I feel like I want to start screaming and shouting... yet I am sitting her.. looking calm as a cucumber... what the hell is going on? I've been cutting slowly, steadily. This can't be normal?

I can't handle any stimulation. I can't breathe. My mind keeps telling me that the pill shaving isn't working. Idk what to do.  :sick:

Dpier1987,

I am the same way,.. Can't take any drama or big responsibility right now. Also, I feel like I have to do my breathing consciously or my body won't take care of it by itself.

It's just withdrawal!

I would suggest you do a long hold until things settle.

Hang in there my friend.

:thumbsup:

ATU