Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

kittensick, getting off of benzos is very serious business and should be your choice. I think you owe it to yourself to make effort to understand your situation better so you can make an informed choice about whether or not you want to stay on them. It's your life.

jjrosk,

I want to get off benzos and working on it but I am also worried that I will go through years of hell just to figure out I will be mess again like before them :(

Hi,

I need some help, really having a rough time and a lot of symptoms. I went into a rehab in March, I was only in their for 4 days but what they did to me was added 15 mg of valium to the 1.50 mg of k I was already on. When I left they cut out the K. I have been on 15 mg of Valium since they did this to me and am not doing well at all. Does anyone have any idea what I should do to get stable or is just a wait it out?. I do have a script for 30 mg. Of Valium but I dont't know if increasing my valium is going to help. I hate the thoughts of going up to 30 mg. Of V.

This is a nightmare!

Thank You,

Nancy

Jaddy,

15mg is not enough. Try to go at least 25mg and see how you feel. You might not tolerate Valium

but if you do,then I think you will get better.

Hi,

I need some help, really having a rough time and a lot of symptoms. I went into a rehab in March, I was only in their for 4 days but what they did to me was added 15 mg of valium to the 1.50 mg of k I was already on. When I left they cut out the K. I have been on 15 mg of Valium since they did this to me and am not doing well at all. Does anyone have any idea what I should do to get stable or is just a wait it out?. I do have a script for 30 mg. Of Valium but I dont't know if increasing my valium is going to help. I hate the thoughts of going up to 30 mg. Of V.

This is a nightmare!

Thank You,

Nancy

Jaddy, i did a partial C/O to valium while dropping my k so maybe take a bit more valium to equal 1.5mg of k you need to be on 30 mg of valium why not go up the valium a bit i had to just to get semi functioning but keept it lower then a true equal C/O ? ~CD

Thank you Kitten and CD. What would I do take 10 mg every 8 hours? I know it's going to kick me in the butt as far as being tired goes, but my sumptoms are terrible and I need to try something to try and stabilize. I have headaches, upset stomach, dizzyness off and on, exhaustion, loss of appetite, body aches, mostly in forearms and below legs, depressision. Vivid dreams that wake me up every couple of hours, sweating, frequent urination, that's all I can think off at the moment. Oh yea, just started itching like crazy off and on. I think they really messed me up by cutting my K out in 3 days, didn't give me any time to taper off....I

Jaddy

Well yes they did and you have pretty bad withdrawal symptoms now. Sorry :(

The only think that will help is going up to at least 25mg and stay there and hope Valium

will work for you. Take 10-5-10. Those doctors :tickedoff: But at least they gave you Valium.

When they did CT on me they gave me nothing and told me to live like that. I asked how?

Jump from bridge? The doctor told me better than keep taking Klonopin because its destroying

My GABA receptors :idiot: All I cared about was not to die from not eating,drinking,...

It will take some time to get stable

Jaddy, if your going to go to the full 30 mg IMHO 2X a day maybe 7.5 morning 12.5 at night 12 hours apart think you will feel better !~CD

Thank you kitten and JD, I appreciate your input more than you know. I think I will try the 10 -5 -10. I hate not having any extra for a just in case. I know it will take a while to start building up in my system...wish me luck. I have been going through this nightmare for quite a few years. It took me 2 years to get down to 1.50 mg of K and I'm almost bedridden now.

I hope both of you are showing some signs of improvement, no one should have to suffer like this over a pill. These doctors need to go back to school concerning these drugs, they have no clue what there doing and how many lives there destroying...shame on them!  :tickedoff:

Thank you Kitten and CD. What would I do take 10 mg every 8 hours? I know it's going to kick me in the butt as far as being tired goes, but my sumptoms are terrible and I need to try something to try and stabilize. I have headaches, upset stomach, dizzyness off and on, exhaustion, loss of appetite, body aches, mostly in forearms and below legs, depressision. Vivid dreams that wake me up every couple of hours, sweating, frequent urination, that's all I can think off at the moment. Oh yea, just started itching like crazy off and on. I think they really messed me up by cutting my K out in 3 days, didn't give me any time to taper off....I

Jaddy

Ashton equivalencies are going to be 30mg valium. If it were me, I'd start out by adding 5mg to the nightly dose, wait two weeks and see where I was at, if the withdrawal hadn't gotten much better, I'd add 5mg to the morning dose and wait another two weeks to see where I was at there before adding the final 5mg to the afternoon dose. It's a little hard to get straight once you're gone crosswise with klonopin, but you should be able to find a dose where you are okay enough to taper. The extra mgs will go pretty fast early on in your taper so don't worry about that, the key is to get stable so that your not miserable during your entire taper.

Good luck!

Thank You jjrosk, I might try that dose schedule. What I had started doing a few days ago was taking 10 mg in the morning, I wake up at 4 AM every morning with really bad anxiety with the shakes so by taking the 10 mg. in the morning I was able to get rid of the anxiety and sleep for another hour or two. I wonder if I took the 10 mg at night instead of in the morning the shakes would stop. Right now I'm taking 10 -5 -5.

Jaddy

Thank You jjrosk, I might try that dose schedule. What I had started doing a few days ago was taking 10 mg in the morning, I wake up at 4 AM every morning with really bad anxiety with the shakes so by taking the 10 mg. in the morning I was able to get rid of the anxiety and sleep for another hour or two. I wonder if I took the 10 mg at night instead of in the morning the shakes would stop. Right now I'm taking 10 -5 -5.

Jaddy

Jaddy, I'm sorry you're suffering so badly right now.

I agree with the advice to hold here and try to ride it out. I've been in that feeling at the start after crossing over ( not the same but the feelings seem comparable ) and eventually it did get stable and much better.

Maybe wait a week or two . I know it sound impossible when you feel so bad, but please try and distract with ANYTHING you can think of.

And then see?

Hoping for some relief for you to come soon.

Hang tight :smitten:

Ok. This is what I will do because I am obviously insane at the moment.

Hi Benzogirl

I'm a total math dummy, and that's why I always try to keep things very simple for people to understand.

In reading back a bit I think I read that you are using a 100ml mixture? Is that right?

When you are working with a liquid mixture (eg 100ml), you need to only think in terms of mls (eg 2mls), not mgs or fractions of mgs (eg 0.02mg). Otherwise, if you are a bit dim when it comes to math (like me), it gets too confusing.  I personally think the best thing you can do is forget about decimals and mgs and just think in terms of mls. You will find it much easier that way.

When you are decreasing by a certain amount each day (let's say 2ml), then you need to increase your reduction each day by that same amount - so...

day 1 - 2ml reduction

day 2 - 4ml reduction

day 3 - 6ml reduction

day 4 - 8ml reduction ... etc

If I can help you understand it a bit better let me know.

Cheers DP xx

Builder,

The last post from DiazPam to Benzogirl is confusing me as far as my numbers - My ML solution reduction is going down (less each day) while the numbers given to  Benzogirl seem to be increasing -

"When you are decreasing by a certain amount each day (let's say 2ml), then you need to increase your reduction each day by that same amount - so...

day 1 - 2ml reduction

day 2 - 4ml reduction

day 3 - 6ml reduction

day 4 - 8ml reduction ... etc"

- please help as I just want to get it correct in my head before I begin.

thanks

If you look at the numbers, your reduction is the same each day (.035).  And since you are reducing each day, your total dose declines each day.

All I did to get those numbers was subtract .035 from the previous dose:  .5-.035=.465, .465-.035=.430, .430-.035=3.95, etc. I'm subtracting .035 each day, so you lower your dose by .035 each day.  And that means you will reduce your dose by .5 in 14 days.

If you lower your dose each day, then your total dose declines each day.  That's why its called a taper.

Hi,

I hope my BBs are hanging in there. I fell into deep depression for one day so I tried to take

mood stabilizor and I think it helps little but have horrible sweating side effect :idiot:

But I guess better than suicidal depression  ???

Builder,

I got that - what I didn't understand was why Benzogirl was told to increase daily - I understand what you explained to me.

thanks again

Builder,

The last post from DiazPam to Benzogirl is confusing me as far as my numbers - My ML solution reduction is going down (less each day) while the numbers given to  Benzogirl seem to be increasing -

"When you are decreasing by a certain amount each day (let's say 2ml), then you need to increase your reduction each day by that same amount - so...

day 1 - 2ml reduction

day 2 - 4ml reduction

day 3 - 6ml reduction

day 4 - 8ml reduction ... etc"

- please help as I just want to get it correct in my head before I begin.

thanks

Hi Basha,

The reduction amounts go up because this is how much is being removed from your original 100mL solution.

Each day, you are removing the amounts listed as an example.

So the first day you remove 2mL from the 100mL solution = 98mL

Day 2  100mL minus 4mL = 96mL

Day 3 100mL minus 6mL = 94mL and so on.

Builder,

I got that - what I didn't understand was why Benzogirl was told to increase daily - I understand what you explained to me.

thanks again

I think it is an increase in REDUCTION. So you increase each day.

If you cut 0.05 each day, for example, the next day will be 0.10.

The next day it's 0.15 .

Builder,

thanks again

Because DP is doing a "pull-to-discard" protocol.  DP is one of the most valuable folks here on BB, and she and I pretty much agree on most everything.  So don't interpret anything here as a criticism of DP.

But she started out doing a milk taper.  Because with a milk taper, you are pretty much limited to making at least a 1mg to 100ml dose, and making it daily due to perishability, the milk taper protocol almost has to be pull-to-discard.  If your cutting .2mg/day you would pull out .2 mg (20ml) , discard it, and drink the rest.  Day 2 make another 100ml batch, pull out .4mg (40ml) discard it, drink the rest. Day 3 make another 100ml batch, pull out .6mg(60ml), discard it,  and drink the rest.  With pull-to-discard, then yes,your "pull" mist increase each day, because the amlunt pulled and discarded is the daily reduction.

Apparently because this was the system she started with, she carried it over when she switched to Rx liquid.  There really is nothing wrong with pull-to-discard, if yoy want to start with a fresh mix each day, and discard part of your med.  But it really isn't necessary with Rx liquid, vodka mix, PG mix, etc.  Pull-to-dose protocol makes a lot more sense for these applications.

With a  pull-to-dose protocol, just periodically prepare enough liquid to last several days ( is normally did about 10 days)  and pull out whatever you need to make your cut/dose each day. 

If you start at 13.5m and take 13mg pills, then the liquid portion you would draw and drink each day would be the amounts in my last post to you.

Kittensick, I know your child is alive and well but it's possible that grief counseling could help you if CBT didn't. 

Plus, it sometimes takes a few tries to find a CBT counselor that is a good fit. Even when you lose a child the way you did, there are lots of CBT counselors out there that can teach you how to adjust your thinking and give you tools to cope.  For something that major, it is certainly worth the effort, unless it is just not doable for other reasons. Cross.

Jjrosk,

but it doesnt help when you completely collapse ??? That's how I got on Klonopin.

I dont think CBT works for everyone. Like when you lose a child no talking helped me :-\

Crosstheroad,

thanks. I tried counseling before but I just couldnt do it. I would sit there trying to concentrate

what the counselour is saying,having horrible withdrawal symptoms. Depression,anxiety,nausea.

I couldnt wait to go back to bed :( but thanks for suggestion. Maybe when I get little stable.

Is it normal for people to be this physically sick when they're micro-tapering? It almost has me second guessing shaving pills micro-cutting... I know you are sick Moo... but is severe air hunger, muscle pain, weakness where you can't walk, severely confused, getting memory lapses where I go outside in the backyard and felt like I never left it from like 10 years ago, and generally feeling like you're going to die normal?

I don't know if this is just w/d from w/d-ing or w/d from inaccurate shaving.

I can't go to liquids.. I've tried.

Just wondering if this is something that can happen during a micro.. I've been doing a conservative .02mg/day.

I almost feel like splitting my doses into 1/4ths would be safer at this point... at least then I'd know over the course of a few days I was getting the entire dose I thought I was on. Sorry, freaking out.

Is it normal for people to be this physically sick when they're micro-tapering? It almost has me second guessing shaving pills micro-cutting... I know you are sick Moo... but is severe air hunger, muscle pain, weakness where you can't walk, severely confused, getting memory lapses where I go outside in the backyard and felt like I never left it from like 10 years ago, and generally feeling like you're going to die normal?

I don't know if this is just w/d from w/d-ing or w/d from inaccurate shaving.

I can't go to liquids.. I've tried.

Just wondering if this is something that can happen during a micro.. I've been doing a conservative .02mg/day.

Air hunger, weakness, being confused and memory trouble ( also intrusive memories and memories popping up out of nowhere ) are not uncommon at all.

But if it's this extreme, maybe you need to hold for a bit and see if it becomes more tolerable for you?

Many people have done holds, even on a micro taper.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, D.

:-\

I'm ok. I've been worse.

In fact, I'm not freaking out about it much I think now. Overall it really is a lot better. A lot.

Right now I'm just annoyed and irritated and not sure when to cut, what to do. But I gues it doesn't matter much now, anyway.

We'll see.

::)

Hoping you'll find some relief soon.

In general, I do think liquid is more accurate. You know about the whole homogenous pill thing.