Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Thank you for the good wishes and prayers.  I'm getting ready to leave in around an hr.  Anxiety ramping up.  Kitten,  I had a horrible case of CDiff and I healed from it so don't worry, colitis does go away.  You probably will have to take some meds to settle your guts down but they will make you feel better.  I wish I could wave a wand and make it all go away for us all.  I hate all of this, they actually put me on this poison when I was in the hospital for CDiff.  I almost died from it also, lost 25 lbs. in 5 weeks.  I was so anxious and crying they put me on 1 mg. Ativan 3 times a day. When I got home I was so sick and anxious and couldn't kick the Cdiff for over a year.  They kept me on the Ativan. Who knew it shouldn't be taken for long time, I didn't.  Now I'm in a bad way but we will all get off of this poison.  Bets, I am going to try the liquid V, hope it doesn't make me worse but cutting these pills is the pits.  Anyway, lets all pray for a better day. 

jjrisk - thanks for  your reply. I have trimmed the B12 down to practically nothing and only taken it for four days. I was shocked that it is still in my system and I had such a terrible reaction. I don't know where to go from here.

Thanks for your suppport,

MirandaJane

jjrisk - thanks for  your reply. I have trimmed the B12 down to practically nothing and only taken it for four days. I was shocked that it is still in my system and I had such a terrible reaction. I don't know where to go from here.

Thanks for your suppport,

MirandaJane

Some of us just can't tolerate supplements while we are recovering, you aren't alone, it's pretty common. I'd try to get what I could from food sources and not worry about supplementing until I was feeling pretty good after my taper. Well not only would I do that, I am doing it.  :) Try not to let it bother you, you'll be able to get around to it sooner or later.

Bets,

I already cut 5mg Diazepam and switched with 0.25mg Klonopin and feel little more alive little anxious. Oh Teva was even worse for me-I felt like having panic attacks 24/7 until I tried brand

and no problems :o But I dont think they even make them anymore..

Oh poor lady. I know how it feels when you dont tolerate almost any pills but need them to be sane.

Its a hell. Pills making you sick and going through WDs disconected from real world that doesnt

understand you. That's why I am here soo much because I am really suffering and cannot go out

and have normal life :-[ At least I have this BB friends who understand :hug:

Freeme,

at least they knew from what bacteria was it. I am not even sure if they know that :idiot:

I will know tomorrow. But I am sooo glad they finally figured out that not all my problems

are only in head :idiot: I went to ER with 30 diarrheas a day couple times and they told me its in my head :D and sent me home.Well now they have positive results for colitis :D

So you ended up on benzos because of colitis? :o

Lost 25lbs? Hmm look at my weight and its finally normal. I hope I wont lose 25 lbs :-\

And I hope its not permanent condition :'(

Bets,

I wrote you answer twice and its gone again :-\

Do you have a problem with you computer? What I do when I write posts that every so often I highlight the post and press control C so it is saved. Then start a new reply and press control V and up it will come. You might want to try that. 8)

Hey ya Kitten:

So maybe the K will work out for you? It's so hard to tell because of that strange valium you are taking. I hope you are not tolerant to it. That was one of Mozart's problems. The Librium and valium made her sick, and the K no longer worked for her. So she ended back on K and takes some Xanax when she feel she cannot handle it. Plus she has some psychical symptoms that mimic w/d to me. Oh, post away!!!!! Yes we all understand and that is why we are here. And who knows how I will feel 6 months from now? That's why I am getting out as much as I can, to be normal. I expect the shoe to drop once I start tapering the Valium. But many say that if you can handle a klonopin taper, then you can handle a Valium taper. I'm not so sure about that. But I don't worry what will happen because worrying does not change things; it only gives you more anxiety. Thinking of your in your time of trouble. :hug:

Bets

That is what I was having, lots of diarrhea, nausea, heart palps, anxiety and couldn't eat etc.  I had taken an antibiotic for an abscessed tooth and it cause me to get CDiff infection.  A stool test will confirm this.  If you have it they will give you Flagyl, or Vancomycin and hopefully you will begin to feel better.  They just took too long to diagnose me, kept telling me it was stomach flu etc. all the while I was slowly withering away.  This is good news, if you have an infection at least you will get the right treatment and maybe feel much better.  I had the MRI and came through fine.  I blindfolded myself and never looked at the machine so I did much better.  Hopefully I can get my back surgery now and get out of this pain and off the other meds.  Hope everyone has a good night and thank you so much for all the prayers, they definitely were heard and helped me through. 

freeme:

I had the MRI and came through fine.  I blindfolded myself and never looked at the machine so I did much better.

Glad this worked for you! I just scrunch my eyes closed and count backwards from 100 many times . . .

Been in a window all night tonight. :)

Feel probably the most normal now that I have felt in a long time. It's definitely seeming to be more of a physical withdrawal for me towards the end here.

Hope y'all are well.

Hi Dpier,

I'm in a cocktail  1.90 V and 20 mg Prozac,  so far I'm feeling OK, with few SX. 

Dr  told me to take 30 mg Prozac but I just did 20 mg.  since October 2014.

when I'm finish with V I will start cutting Prozac. 

Hope all will be good.

Tex

Hey ya Kitten:

So maybe the K will work out for you? It's so hard to tell because of that strange valium you are taking. I hope you are not tolerant to it. That was one of Mozart's problems. The Librium and valium made her sick, and the K no longer worked for her. So she ended back on K and takes some Xanax when she feel she cannot handle it. Plus she has some psychical symptoms that mimic w/d to me. Oh, post away!!!!! Yes we all understand and that is why we are here. And who knows how I will feel 6 months from now? That's why I am getting out as much as I can, to be normal. I expect the shoe to drop once I start tapering the Valium. But many say that if you can handle a klonopin taper, then you can handle a Valium taper. I'm not so sure about that. But I don't worry what will happen because worrying does not change things; it only gives you more anxiety. Thinking of your in your time of trouble. :hug:

Bets

Bets,

Thanks for your words,  If you see me in BB is because I was feeling bad, BB is like a church for me, when I feel bad I login in BB,  It calm me down.

Hugs.

Tex

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey ya Kitten:

Bets

Bets,

Thanks for your words,  If you see me in BB is because I was feeling bad, BB is like a church for me, when I feel bad I login in BB,  It calm me down.

Hugs.

Tex

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Texasman:

Oh, I get it. Finally. I should have figured this out by myself because when I feel good (most of the time  :thumbsup:) I try and get out as much as I can. But I still check in on BB to see if someone is in trouble, so I can support them the best I can. :)

fwiw~~ I think kittensick is C/Oing over back to K. So she now logs on there now.

Freeme,

well good they at least figured out what was wrong. It took The doctors years to figure out

I've had infection :D they told me I have 140bmp heart rate because of anxiety. Well I

after taking Flagyl my heart rate went down back to normal like 64bmp. Crazy right? :idiot:

And all these years with crazy racing heart ??? So yeah I still think it can be somehow connected

to anxiety ???.

I went to hospital today but they dont know what is causing my colitis so they gave me Asacol.

I hope I will tolerate it because I will have to take it for 2 months minimum :(

I dont know if it will make me feel better-it says treat Ulcerative Colitis and Crohns Disease. ???

Sorry I didn't answer yesterday I just kind of fell asleep :smitten:

Bets,

I am still here and I guess and cannot completely crossover to Klonopin because I like it here :smitten:haha

Well I cut 5mg Valium yesterday and added 0.25mg Klonopin. Well I am little better.

I don't feel soo brain dead anymore,less dizzy, I finally took shower,ate and my brain is not as much

on that crazy weird Spaceship :D what a crazy idea trying to stay on 30mg Valium.

I was just dying in bed :'(

Kitten:

I saw you posting on KK. Are you going to add more K? If your valium is so strong, then perhaps it is more than 30 mg when compared to brand?

Bets,

well this Diazepam just feels like different drug to me. I think I will wait a week and add

another 0.25mg Klonopin and will see. I am getting really frustrated. I just took The new

pill for my colitis and was writing something here and my mood just dropped so I googled

that meds and depression and anxiety might be side effect :tickedoff:

I am just pill sensitive. My body doesnt take anything but Klonopin Roche,Czech Seroquel

and that's about it :(

Kitten, So glad they finally figured out your gut was infected.  The brain gut connection is well documented.  One of the symptoms of a gut infection is anxiety, its why they put me on Ativan to begin with.  They just never took me off and I didn't know any better.  You sound much better.  I"m so glad for you. 

Freeme,

yes its infected but they dont know why :D I was hoping for bacterial infection and getting some antibiotics but no they gave me some anti-inflammatory pills that I will have to take for couple months

or maybe forever :idiot: There must be some natural way how to heal colitis? ???

Sorry they didn't take you off. Big mistake. Yes they give Xanax at infection diseases places because

when you are killing bacterias you get die-off symptoms so most people cannot sleep or get anxiety

but it's only temporary.

Kitten:

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. It must be a bummer to be so sensitive of meds. I have seen this here often. I wonder, tho, if a person is not sensitive to them, and then becomes sensitive once they are on benzos? Thankfully, that is not my problem, but I feel sorry for the rest of you guys. :'(

Bets,

I don't think it's benzos that made me more sensitive to meds. I never took any meds for 29 years.

Sometime Zpak or Tylenol but almost no pills. So when I had to be put me in pills one day it was just hell. My body reacted to most of them like its poison. Doctors told me you just have to get used to it

and I listened. They said side effects will go away in 6 weeks but of course they didn't. After 6 weeks

I was almost dead with halucinations and anorexic :idiot: So I think pill work or doesn't. Trying to get used to something that make you horribly sick is just insane. I am still trying to get used to our Valium. Well it's not horrible like other pills but taking something for years that makes you sick is not fun either  :( But I am really scared how will I micro taper Klonopin if I will have to go back :'(

Bets,

I don't think it's benzos that made me more sensitive to meds. I never took any meds for 29 years.

Sometime Zpak or Tylenol but almost no pills. So when I had to be put me in pills one day it was just hell. My body reacted to most of them like its poison. Doctors told me you just have to get used to it

and I listened. They said side effects will go away in 6 weeks but of course they didn't. After 6 weeks

I was almost dead with halucinations and anorexic :idiot: So I think pill work or doesn't. Trying to get used to something that make you horribly sick is just insane. I am still trying to get used to our Valium. Well it's not horrible like other pills but taking something for years that makes you sick is not fun either  :( But I am really scared how will I micro taper Klonopin if I will have to go back :'(

kitten:

Micro tapering is very simple. You need a scale in order to do so. You can buy one on Amazon for about $25. The most often used one is called the Digital Jewelry Scale GEM20. The taper is not slower. You picked how much you want to taper from. For instance, I told the KK members that I wanted to cut 5% every two weeks, so they told me that I needed to cut by .001 grams per day. So, if you want to cut by 10% every two weeks, then your daily cut will be .002 grams. They'll explain how to do in detail. Since I was on a low dose of K when I started, I just needed to cut a .5 mg pill. In your instance, if you do a total C/O, then you would be cutting either a 1 mg pill or a .5 mg pill and then take the rest in pill form. It seems difficult when you 1st read their instructions, but after you get it, you will say something like this to yourself, "Why was I so stupid that I couldn't figure out such an easy thing?" Then, never look backwards. I have it down pat so I no longer visit KK anymore, tho I lived on that site until I got the hang of it. It is very easy. Sorry you are sensitive to medication. Lots of people here have the same problem. I know quite a few of them didn't take any pills also for most of their adult life, so I wonder, that if you take meds at the beginning, you can tolerate them better? Or I guess just some are sensitive no matter what, and others aren't. ???

Bets

I know this is a little repetitive.  I am having a very difficult time with my withdrawals.  I believe I am in tolerant withdrawal since Oct.14 and started my V taper in late April early May of this year.  I am in constant withdrawals and beyond uncomfortable.  I have been cutting .5 mg every 2 weeks and do have an upturn of symptoms after cut - but my day to day withdrawal systems are getting somewhat worse. 

I was wondering if I should increase cuts a small amount ( I could use liquid in combo. with pills) or will it make my day to day worse.

I have such a long way to go, am doing this without support and am one of the older BBs.

Don't know what to do - I never was able to stabilize on V and had updosed 3 times before taper - big mistake.

Please some input.

Thanks

Bets,

I am not crazy about scale idea but I have tried liquid titration for 2 weeks and cut 10% of my K

and then got pretty anxious so I decided to crossover to Valium first and you know how is it

going :D not horrible but anxious today and lazy. Lazy is nothing new. I've heard I could do

5% in 2 weeks and maybe that will work ???

Yeah maybe- I didn't take any pills smoking alcohol healthy diet. Maybe my body is too spoiled? :D

Interesting idea