Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Oregonkatz and moodle,

thanks. I will try liquid but how long do I have to stay on 30mg Diazepam? I am scared it will

build up and I won't wake up at all after 3 weeks on it :(

Oregonkatz and moodle,

thanks. I will try liquid but how long do I have to stay on 30mg Diazepam. I am scared it will

build up and I won't wake up at all after 3 weeks on it :(

It's not unusual to be so sedated on Valium. At all.

I would say hold a bit more and then make a smaller cut. Then see how you're doing on that.

Sometimes a rest from it helps. And you just crossed over. so that makes  sense to me.

Once you know how and when you react to a cut, you might be able to speed it up a bit on your higher doses, still. But no need to hurry right now, if you don't do ok.

It's kind of a touch and feel as you go thing, but it will settle at some point,

Can't say when, it's different for everyone.

Cross -

Just browsed your brothers site. I think is it second chance.org?

Awesome stuff. And a man after Gods heart! Please tell him I was encouraged today by his words!

Blessings

Selah

Moodle,

I know what do you mean and it makes sense. Yes I just did crossover so I should feel

more sedated. But I was on 40mg Valium,then 150mg Librium and 1.5mg Klonopin and

nothing felt sooo sedating like this Diazepam :( Maybe Klonopin made me sleep that much

and was also very sedating but at least I was going out at the beginning and doing some stuff

untill it built up in my body and I became lazy and told my doctor no more. I used to be driven

person and now this? :-\

Thanks Selah, I will tell my nephew, he is doing so much good in this world. If you are on Instagram, check out his inspirational messages. POTSC Cross

I seem to be getting headaches several times a day and I am due to cut again Sunday.  Is this normal?

Hey Phoebs,

Sorry you got headaches.

Yep, it's certainly not uncommon. Some people get headaches from this as a symptom, unfortunately.

Can you take some ibuprofen?

Some days it is coming from the back of my neck. Then is helps to have it massaged, for me.

Phoebe about this:

I seem to be getting headaches several times a day and I am due to cut again Sunday.  Is this normal?

As Moodle says, this is not uncommon as a s/x. Our buddy Diaz-Pam used to get them as I recall and they were a big warning signal that cuts were piling up. Maybe a hold here instead of a cut? Or a smaller cut size?

Hope you feel better.

Okatz

Thanks all for your answers ... will try to take a smaller cut and use ibuprofen.  Mine is on the top right side and does hurt!  >:D

Thanks all for your answers ... will try to take a smaller cut and use ibuprofen.  Mine is on the top right side and does hurt!  >:D

At least it's not on the left side. That would suck even more . >:D( just kidding... Sometimes we got to, right ?)

Feeling my 1.25 mg. cut today also, the mouth, tongue burning and stomach pain are back.  Hope they don't get worse.  Last cut it only lasted a few days and slowly got better.  I have to have an MRI on thursday and i"m dreading it.  I'm claustrophobic and naturally they want to sedate me but I refused.  They use benzo.  I'll just have to get through it.  I did the open one but it really isn't so open and I made that so hoping I can do this.  Then I might have to have the back surgery.  Anyway, I am also going to look into the liquid V and see if its easier for me.  This pill cutting is a pain and as I get lower it crumbles sometimes.  Does anyone have any secrets for helping the burning tongue and stomach pain s/x's?  Nothing helps much except a heating pad does help a little for the gut pain.  Hope you all have an easy weekend. Kitten, I would definitely hold for a while here.  You will stabilize and not be so sedated, you just have to get used to the drug.  A good long hold will help.  I had to hold a month after this last cut and if I have to I will hold another month with this one.  Slow and steady will win.

free about this:

Anyway, I am also going to look into the liquid V and see if its easier for me. 

It will definitely make reducing easier. And while I have no experience with the burning, I was just thinking that microtapering daily would relieve your body of the stress of cut and hold . . . and might just help with the burning, which is a common benzo s/x. You could take most of your dose in pills and use 1 ml in liquid to do your daily reductions.

Hope your MRI goes okay. I, too, am EXTREMELY claustrophobic but somehow survived one in March of '13. Ugh, I counted backwards from 100 as often as I had to until it was done. AND I told the MRI operator that she had to keep talking to me so I didn't feel panicked and forgotten and abandoned in the damned machine. She did talk to me and the counting helped. I think they are used to dealing with claustrophobic basket cases like us.

Chin up!

Okatz

Freeme,

I am really freaking out about the Diazepam. It just makes me feel really weird  :o and now I cannot fall asleep :idiot: Am I crazy or what? ???

Wow tongue burning ??? I've never had that and I thought I've had every single WD symptom that exist.

I brought The list to my psychiatrist and he said great you will probably be dead soon :P

Stomach pain is normal I think. Ive had this before. Well we have nerves everywhere so withdrawal

is just hell :( I hope you feel better. I will try to stay on Diazepam couple more weeks but if that wont

work I guess nothing will work and I will be vegetable forever :(

It's just very surprising how long people here are tapering. I think even the best psychiatrist would

think we are all crazy here and it cannot take that long :P

Moo:

Hey. What are your doing being up so late?  ;D Thanks for your pep talk. I am trying to be supportive to both my mom and Joe. I guess it all boils down on what he wants to do with his life. We just want some communication from him. If he says he has to go back to detox for a 5th time, than at least we will know he is trying and it will be a safe haven for him. So you understand what it is like being stuck in the middle. But I am feeling less depressed now, mainly thanks to you guys posting to me. I really hate to be a whiner. But they give me inspiration and hope. So grateful for you being here for me. :smitten:

cross: Your nephew sounds like one super guy. He has found his path and is helping others in so many ways. I spent a long time on his website, trying to soak everything in. I learned a valuable lesson from it. And sent my brother an email about what one blogger suggested what you say to a loved one in trouble. Thank you so much for caring. :hug:

Hey Kitten: Yes, I'm back. I just took one day off, having a pity party with no invites. Everytime I see your online name, I can't help but wonder if you meow as loud as one of my cats, Katie. :D I know well about sleeping your day away. I did so when I was on a high dose of kpin plus one very nasty drug that I wouldn't wish on anyone~~Clozaril. After I got off that, I wasn't sleepy at all. In fact it's rather odd. The K actually gave me energy. The Valium did tire me out a lot for a while. I can't recall when you made the total C/O, but if it was recently, then like others said here; I think everyone feels this way at first. I'm sorry your new brand is so strong. I bet it feels like you updosed. I also looked for a reply from you, but could not find it. It probably went into cyberspace. That happens to me. Anyway, thanks for the pat on the back. I think the lot of us have to be our own #1s. I suppose it is especially hard of those with spouses. They may need the help, but I'm sure they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. These benzos do not only affect us, but the people around us. If you made the C/O recently, I would suggest, like others here, that you wait a bit for your CNS to settle down. But if you said you just feel very sedated and have no anxiety, maybe your doctor is right. But I wouldn't cut by too much. Valium has a way of catching up on you later on. I really don't know what is worse, having insomnia or sleeping your life away. I used to sleep 16 hours a day at one point. Still to this day, I do take a nap in the afternoon. In the end, it's really up to you to decide what to do. fwiw~~I find benzos easy (so far) compared to my failed taper off Seroquel. I guess  I shouldn't have tried to drop two drugs at the same time. I really think that drug should be taken off the market. To me, it is poison. Did you happen to watch Gwen Olsen speak on the Mental Wellness Summit? It gave shivers down my spine. But then again, I guess we all know what is up with pharma. It's just that spoken words made a difference compared to what you read. I really hope that sedation goes away. I suppose taking the brand again is not an option? :smitten: :smitten:

benzogirl,

Hi how are you doing? , It's been a while since I post in BB, I was busy with work, house and taper, I'm at 1.95 mg V and feel better every day.  I feel that I need more activity, probably because I'm taking Prozac,  Benzos are downer, I'm walking 30 or 45 minutes every 2 or 3 hours. 

Thanks everybody for the great support, There is hope.

I took Seroquel only one day, It was too much,  I took half of the dose to start, but I stopped the next day,  It's a strong drug.

Be safe

Hugs

Textini

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:,   

Moo:

Hey. What are your doing being up so late?  ;D Thanks for your pep talk. I am trying to be supportive to both my mom and Joe. I guess it all boils down on what he wants to do with his life. We just want some communication from him. If he says he has to go back to detox for a 5th time, than at least we will know he is trying and it will be a safe haven for him. So you understand what it is like being stuck in the middle. But I am feeling less depressed now, mainly thanks to you guys posting to me. I really hate to be a whiner. But they give me inspiration and hope. So grateful for you being here for me. :smitten:

cross: Your nephew sounds like one super guy. He has found his path and is helping others in so many ways. I spent a long time on his website, trying to soak everything in. I learned a valuable lesson from it. And sent my brother an email about what one blogger suggested what you say to a loved one in trouble. Thank you so much for caring. :hug:

Hey Kitten: Yes, I'm back. I just took one day off, having a pity party with no invites. Everytime I see your online name, I can't help but wonder if you meow as loud as one of my cats, Katie. :D I know well about sleeping your day away. I did so when I was on a high dose of kpin plus one very nasty drug that I wouldn't wish on anyone~~Clozaril. After I got off that, I wasn't sleepy at all. In fact it's rather odd. The K actually gave me energy. The Valium did tire me out a lot for a while. I can't recall when you made the total C/O, but if it was recently, then like others said here; I think everyone feels this way at first. I'm sorry your new brand is so strong. I bet it feels like you updosed. I also looked for a reply from you, but could not find it. It probably went into cyberspace. That happens to me. Anyway, thanks for the pat on the back. I think the lot of us have to be our own #1s. I suppose it is especially hard of those with spouses. They may need the help, but I'm sure they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. These benzos do not only affect us, but the people around us. If you made the C/O recently, I would suggest, like others here, that you wait a bit for your CNS to settle down. But if you said you just feel very sedated and have no anxiety, maybe your doctor is right. But I wouldn't cut by too much. Valium has a way of catching up on you later on. I really don't know what is worse, having insomnia or sleeping your life away. I used to sleep 16 hours a day at one point. Still to this day, I do take a nap in the afternoon. In the end, it's really up to you to decide what to do. fwiw~~I find benzos easy (so far) compared to my failed taper off Seroquel. I guess  I shouldn't have tried to drop two drugs at the same time. I really think that drug should be taken off the market. To me, it is poison. Did you happen to watch Gwen Olsen speak on the Mental Wellness Summit? It gave shivers down my spine. But then again, I guess we all know what is up with pharma. It's just that spoken words made a difference compared to what you read. I really hope that sedation goes away. I suppose taking the brand again is not an option? :smitten: :smitten:

Knock it off, Betsy! You're NOT a whiner . ;)

I wasn't late, was I! I've been in bed quite early. I'm back in CA. Maybe that's why it looks like it.

No more 9 hour time difference.

You're not responsible for his actions, Bets. Obviously you care. But you're you, too.

:smitten:

Benzogirl,

I don't meow :D I think I chose the name because My Ex used to called me Kitten but now I am sick from him and he is probably calling me Bitch and The worst person on planet because I am stuck on pills  and cannot do anything :( So I thought Kitten is better than B.... :P I woke up today with bad anxiety and tried to walk around but I have terrible vertigo :o Again I am not sure if it's withdrawal or Diazepam side effect? :( With K I had it same. It actually gave me energy :idiot: and no side effects

but after 8 month made me lazy and not motivated :-\ Diazepam just make me very tired,actually

worse than on K but cutting K is impossible,not sure about Diazepam yet ??? But I think K kind wasnt

working that well after 4 years. It still did but not really.

Oh yeah you are absolutely right about benzo issues affect people around us and that makes it

worse. We want to get better for them fast but we can't :(

Seroquel-well I as tapering only that,nothing else that May be thevreason why it was easier ???

But I am still on 75-100mg depends how much I need to sleep. I tried to cut down now but no way.

I just wanted to sleep little less..

Ok,

I woke up with pretty bad anxiety and now it's worse. I have horrible Vertigo :'(

I don't know if it's Diazepam or withdrawal symptom and it's kind of scary :(

Is it possible I still have withdrawal symptoms from Klonopin or is it still the

2.5mg cut that I went back up to 30mg? Really confused and scared :o

Any ideas? Is vertigo common?

I am back and I have another problem and it's kind of really weird :idiot: I've had this before I tried

to taper those 30mg Diazepam. Every little stupid thing makes me laugh ??? I feel kind of stoned

like on pot. I smoked pot one time and that's how it was and I didn't like it because I just want to

be normal. Not laughing like I am stupid :idiot: but I don't want to be deeply depressed also when tapering :-\

Will this laughing will go away? I've never had this on any kind of benzo before :-\

My BF told me I am just stoned ???

Hey my Noodle: Glad to see you back safe and sound. I must have missed that post about your returning, tho I knew it was going to happen anyway. I'm sure you had a very nice vacation and managed to fly all of those hours while in w/d. That takes guts.  :thumbsup:I'm am guessing that you will be making a cut soon, if not already. The first thing I plan to do after I am healed is to take a trip to the Netherlands and Norway. I have read very nice things about them. I hear the people there are very friendly, and not so much cement and highways. But I just don't want to spend 6 months in darkness. If the Trump wins, then I am outta here. Thanks to the support of you guys, I managed to get my depression lifted. Now I'm back at my own crazy baseline. I will be forever grateful for the Val group. I spoke at length to my AA sponsor who has seen and heard it all, and she said it is up to Joe whether he wants to live or die. I am just offering him a lot of support via email, as he refuses to return our calls. He was never like this before. I'm still waiting to hear back from him. OK, enough whining now. :laugh: I will accept you telling me that I am not a whiner....I guess your first step is to get back your sleep habits. I'm so happy to have you back. I hope your son and his grandparents had a good time. :smitten:

Hey kitten: Meow!  :laugh:

I wouldn't over worry about the vertigo. Yes, it is nasty but I've seen so many posts about it here. So it seems to be a pretty common w/d symptom. Or it could be that that strong Valium you are taking might be the cause. But who really knows? Since you are having bad anxiety (I am scared to death of that), then I would continue as is until you find you have less. No need to suffer all the way down. I'd forget about that X. He probably also calls his new partner kitten as well. I found life more pleasant without my marriage. My mom should have kicked my dad out of the house quick step. Then we would have had a calm house.  I plan to do the liquid Valium route. I don't have much w/d symptoms to even mention here, as my depression about my brother has gone away. Hey, I'd rather be laughing than crying. Enjoy it while you can. Thanks to you guys! :thumbsup: Hang in there kiddo. At least you are awake!  :)

Hey ya Tex: Glad to see you back. I was getting kind of worried about you so I was going to wait for a few days and then do a search for your name and see when you last posted. I think you are feeling better because that poison is almost out of your system. I am doing fine right now, but was in very bad depression mode because of my brother and his current problem. I let it all one day here a while ago. I got a lot of support so that lifted my depression. Now I'm back to my crazy baseline. Wow, imagine being at only 1.95 mg? I am so proud of you!!!! :thumbsup: I think I will have to bake a cake for you when the time comes and send it PO Box, Texas. You are doing so well!! I am so grateful for this. I bet you are too. I'm glad that you are feeling better today. One more thing: walking, much?  :D

Bets

Benzogirl,

I don't know either what causes hat crazy vertigo :idiot:

Oh I am scared of anxiety too,when I get suicidal,... I don't want that again :'(

How can I forget about X? I didn't have it like you. He has fancy house,cars,yacht,my son,new hot girl

and I am close to homeless not having money for food :tickedoff: Good your depression is gone.

I was depressed in morning,it went away after noon dose but now I am kind of high :idiot:

I just want to be normal,somewhere between ??? And I want to be outside not laying in bed :-[

I am back and I have another problem and it's kind of really weird :idiot: I've had this before I tried

to taper those 30mg Diazepam. Every little stupid thing makes me laugh ??? I feel kind of stoned

like on pot. I smoked pot one time and that's how it was and I didn't like it because I just want to

be normal. Not laughing like I am stupid :idiot: but I don't want to be deeply depressed also when tapering :-\

Will this laughing will go away? I've never had this on any kind of benzo before :-\

My BF told me I am just stoned ???

Yes, V will give you give you a mild buzz when you first start it, but you quickly lose that effect.