Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

SG, is it okay to weigh pills and shave them to micro-taper? My symptoms have been unbearable for so long.. and I've been micro-tapering with a scale.. only doing about 7-10% month. I don't know how to explain the severity of what I'm going through.

You've tried liquids and the scale, right?  I don't know what to tell you other than to slow down more or just hold a long time.  Don't allow symptom increase.

Yeah.. I tried liquid Rx and pill combo and went into some pretty bad withdrawal from it. I guess I don't know what to say either lol.. I'm just trying to find some way to make this easier I guess.

Builder,

how many?  :-\ And how many never did it out of this hell? :(

I guess water titration is my last option :( I am on Diazepam and I guess better than Klonopin right?

I am kind of confused today. Didn't expect such a brutal withdrawal? :o from Diazepam :idiot:

I am already back to 30mg and I guess more normal I hope. But this will take me forever  :(

if it will ever happen but I cannot stay on 30mg also :-\  I sleep 15 hours on that but when I

Tried do decrease little I lost my mind great :'(

But does the Valium in vodka and water even works? :(

If you can feel better the time it takes won't matter much.  So I think feeling better should be your focus.  Do what it takes to achieve that.

When you begin MT you will be able to remove the V without all the hardship.  Hopefully, you can begin trending toward feeling better as you go.

Yes, the alcohol/water method works fine.  Maybe those who use it will chime in to reassure you.

Bets, been thinking about you, hope as time passes you are feeling better.  I don't believe in "time heals all wounds" but the wounds leave scars, some way fainter than others. I wish you mega faint scars.

My nephew founded POTSC (second chance.org).  I just checked that Instagram account and saw something that made me think of you and may be helpful.  " Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace."

Of course, there are worse situations than yours but so what?  This is happening to YOU, you are living and feeling the pain.  You had mentioned that you felt bad about complaining because someone had a bad situation, don't ever feel bad about complaining, there will always be someone somewhere that has it worse....but like I said....this is YOUR pain, don't compare it to others.  Of course, we have empathy for people that are suffering but we can only feel our own painful situations.  Imagine, if God hadn't made us that way.  We couldn't go on.  He has made us just right from the beginning.  Peace out. Cross

Bets,

I had not read your post. Since I just kind of mostly browsed when I was overseas , I missed some longer ones.

But I agree with all your other friends here, Betsen.

You have nothing to be ashamed of. At all!

I'm so glad you shared. Thank you for that.

It's very very difficult to have a sibling or other family member on drugs or drinking. It affects everyone close to them and around them and related.

I know from experience with my own brother, who used drugs throughout his twenties. Luckily he got his act together after a decade of being self destructive and unreliable and making everyone feel sorry.

It's just such nasty behavior . And it's easy to just judge. It's still your brother. And then you're so angry at them and hurt and sad and worried. I understand that. But I don't think getting angry in his face is doing any good.

I also agree that you can only do what you do. Which is having to focus on getting well.

Betsy, if you keep this bottled up all on your own, no wonder you feel depressed.

You do deserve peace!

And you're not complaining, you never do.

Maybe it's time to do so a bit. Cause you have every reason.

I agree with above post . There are always people worse off. That doesn't make your pain invalid.

Love ya :smitten:

SG57,

yes you are right. I have to get myself stable even if I will feel sedated and lazy :-\

But losing mind is way way worse :'( It's just soo scary and painful :(

Well I hope MT will work... I already posted about this. I guess that is my last option :(

SG, is it okay to weigh pills and shave them to micro-taper? My symptoms have been unbearable for so long.. and I've been micro-tapering with a scale.. only doing about 7-10% month. I don't know how to explain the severity of what I'm going through.

You've tried liquids and the scale, right?  I don't know what to tell you other than to slow down more or just hold a long time.  Don't allow symptom increase.

Yeah.. I tried liquid Rx and pill combo and went into some pretty bad withdrawal from it. I guess I don't know what to say either lol.. I'm just trying to find some way to make this easier I guess.

If you try the vodka method you will still get the exact same medication but you are just making it into a solution. If you haven't tried that, I'd give it a go.

kitten as builder said yes there are many here who have used the vodka method. I have used it successfully for about 2 years. I am almost finished with my taper.

Okatz

builder,

you were tapering 9mg V like very loong time. Did you have any WD symptoms? ???

Only mild, and only occasional.  Generally speaking, by taper was pretty troublefree.

I went through two waves in the last month.  The first one I had to hold for two weeks.  This recent wave I had to hold for 5 days.  I learned that .02ml reduction at this dosage is too fast for my CNS.

The good news is my baseline went up a little bit after these waves.  My vertigo is pretty much gone and so is my head pressure.  Now I'm just left with a headache and random low level anxiety that comes out of nowhere.  I also get the random pins and needles on my body.

I notice when I went to run errands my CNS gets overstimulated and I get low level anxiety.  3 to 4 months earlier when I went out to run errands my head pressure would get worse including anxiety so I am seeing some little improvements.

Before this benzo mess I had no anxiety at all when running around.  I loved doing it.  Goes to show how powerful this withdrawal is.

Dpier.  I wonder if we're having a hard time because we were kindled a bit?  I stopped and started Alprazolam at the advice of my doctor so I think I was kindled possibly.

arcade, that is good news.

I think most of us have that crap feeling in the back ground. There is always something that's there but as long as it tolerable I guess we got to go with that.

I also get overstimulated still when among lots of people or in really bright light ( Cosctco anyone? I can't...).

I think I improve months by month .

:thumbsup:

I think most of us have that crap feeling in the back ground. There is always something that's there but as long as it tolerable I guess we got to go with that.

I also get overstimulated still when among lots of people or in really bright light ( Cosctco anyone? I can't...).

Yeah you nailed it noodle.  Walmart gave me bad head pressure.  Today...no head pressure just the annoying low level w/d anxiety.

Yeah you nailed it noodle.  Walmart gave me bad head pressure.  Today...no head pressure just the annoying low level w/d anxiety.

Yup. Some days I really just can't deal with stores. Or driving. Or chatting. Or ...or..

And then I don't.

It sucks but that's the way it is for now. You got to take care of yourself now.

:smitten:

jjrosk,

I was going to answer you yesterday but I fell asleep and couldn't write :idiot:

Well I guess I have no other option than vodka method because cutting pills-I just lose my mind.

I guess I am super sensitive or idk :sick:

Ok,

I guess I am little bit more stable on 30mg today but too sedated again. Of course :(

I slept 15 hours,woke up during night to go to bathroom and damn that was difficult :o

I remember walking here like super drunk,then falling in bed. Now I am still little anxious

but very very sedated. But I guess better than losing my mind :-[

Damn. Why did the doctors put me on 1.5mg Klonopin and not less? I guess because they make

0.5 smallest dose ???

Hi kittensick: My, you are up and adam today. Don't worry, you'll make it. Sometimes it just seems that you can't. I would take a page from Grinch1's success story and see what her taper was all about. Oscar, well I don't know what he is doing now but he was pretty messed up. Maybe he has a blog that you can read. I recall that he held for a year. I didn't realize how strong your valium is wherever you live. I hope it is not Norway or I would be at your front door. That is my pipedream, to move there. You are one lucky lady to have reduced your seroquel by a lot fairly easily. I dread the thought of tapering it myself. No, I certainly would not cut my dose in half. :nono: I agree with SG and builder. I found once I began my dry micro taper off K I felt very few symptoms. I am planning to do the same with liquid Valium. I'm actually glad that our Valium is weaker than yours. That means there is less amount of it in our bloodstream. But the dry cutting is very annoying and tedious. And the scale seems to fight you all of the time. I hope you feel better, hon. :smitten:

Hey my noodle gal!

Thanks for much for the post. I really do feel better when I read something that gives me encouragement. Yours made my day! I did think it out and decided not to be angry with my brother. I guess I am still a bit angry inside me, but keep it to myself. I wrote him a very nice supportive post, but it hasn't been returned. I do recall now that he was using cocaine and MJ a lot during HS, so that may have been the start. What really bothers me that the situation affects my mom so much. I think she has aged 20 years. I just see her going south. I'm super glad your sibling got it to the straight and narrow. I guess a lot of us here have had the same situation. I always thought it would be my eldest brother, but he is fine and Joe is not. Again, than you, you sweetie pie!

cross: Thanks for remembering me. You are so kind.  :) I will certainly check out POTSC and see what I can learn from it. Maybe I'll pass it on to my brother. Ise you had your own family troubles. I am now learning that no family is perfect, even tho we might think that way. I guess I think that God has given us a paths to choose. It is up to us whether to take that path. That is called free will. :hug:

Arcade: I am so glad you are feeling better and that maybe your baseline is better now. Thank God that Vetitgo went away. I guess you did have a bad wave. Those are very unpleasant. But from what I have learned and I guess you have too, that means we are healing. I'm wishing you a smooth ride down.

I can only hope that everybody here can manage to have a nice day~especially kitten.

:smitten:

Bets

Betsy..... Here ya go:  :hug: :hug:

Good on you for trying to not let someone else take away your peace . It's hard but it can be done.

I understand your mom is on your mind with this. I used to despise my brother for " doing this" to my parents. It nearly brought my mom down.

And at the same time, I felt for my brothers situation .

You're in the middle of this. But you aren't responsible. You can only listen and then try do your own thing.

cross: Thanks for remembering me. You are so kind.  :) I will certainly check out POTSC and see what I can learn from it. Maybe I'll pass it on to my brother. Ise you had your own family troubles. I am now learning that no family is perfect, even tho we might think that way. I guess I think that God has given us a paths to choose. It is up to us whether to take that path. That is called free will. :hug:

Bets, since I put my nephew's site out there and you said that you see I have my own family problems (I do, I do!!!) I need to clarify that my nephew only started his organization to help people who are hurting, he is just a Mega Giver, he has been a pastor, he runs workshops to teach people how to help hurting people, gives away thousands of Bibles to prisons, does conferences all over the country, is working on his latest book and on and on.  All that he does is because God has called him to do it, he lives a charmed life and has never had a drug or alcohol problem.  Hope your day is filled with lots of good thoughts and healing. Cross

kitten about this:

Oregonkatz, and you didn't have WD symptoms also?

I had lots of w/d s/x. But they became a lot more tolerable when I started doing a daily taper. Cut and hold was not good for me. 

Okatz

Benzogirl,

glad you are back :hug: I wrote a message about your brother but it wasn't sent. Sorry for your brother. I know it must be hard. But you cannot help someone who doesn't want help.

You have to help yourself first!

Yes my Diazepam is soo strong that it's not even fun. I am sedated to death. I sleep most of the

time or trying to stay awake,that's why I tried to cut 2.5mg to be little bit more awake but

lost my mind. I didn't have this experience with Valium or Librium. I liked those 2 better because

I think they were less sedating and easier to taper. What I am taking now is just strong. I feel soo

doped. More than on Klonopin :'( Maybe its same like when they used to make Rohypnol,

just changed the name to Diazepam? ??? I am pretty scared now. Not sure if I made good decision

going from Klonopin to Diazepam. They are both very strong but Diazepam seems even stronger :(

I told my BF that I am not sure if I made good decision about Diazepam and he got angry. He said you go back on Klonopin and you have to leave house :( I guess I will try to get stable on Diazepam

but how much more stable can I be if I sleep 15 hours and thevrest of the day trying to keep my eyes

open. I talked to doctor who is supporting slow Valium tapering and he told me to go down with dose

since I am already sleeping too much and had no anxiety.

kitten about this:

Oregonkatz, and you didn't have WD symptoms also?

I had lots of w/d s/x. But they became a lot more tolerable when I started doing a daily taper. Cut and hold was not good for me. 

Okatz

Same here, Kitten.

I did much better on liquid.

Hi Katz :smitten: