Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Benzogirl,

Not sure why my answer is blue also again :tickedoff: I feel like dumb blonde :laugh:

It's 1pm! Time to get up!! :D oh well at least I am sleeping :)

No the blonde won't make my Ex happy because he will get bored really soon and will want someone

with pink hair ;D

Anyway some guys like black shiny hair I think :laugh:

I am getting disability $120/month. I was getting nothing for years :tickedoff: Florida doesn't want to

give me anything :( Did you have a lawyer when applying for your disability?

No I can't go to work but was thinking maybe some job on internet but have no idea what ???

And money for hair-I think I am good for at least 6 months :) after that I don't know ???

It's 1pm! Time to get up!! :D oh well at least I am sleeping :)

No the blonde won't make my Ex happy because he will get bored really soon and will want someone

with pink hair ;D

Anyway some guys like black shiny hair I think :laugh:

I am getting disability $120/month. I was getting nothing for years :tickedoff: Florida doesn't want to

give me anything :( Did you have a lawyer when applying for your disability?

No I can't go to work but was thinking maybe some job on internet but have no idea what ???

And money for hair-I think I am good for at least 6 months :) after that I don't know ???

kittensick:

That's too bad about Florida. I don't know how it works when you have lived here and then moved to another place. You are very smart to stretch those dollars. Well, I know I do most of my work from my computer at home. I don't think I could manage to go to an office when a bad fatigue day sets in. When I applied for disability, it was a long time ago when they were handing it out easily. I lived in Ohio at the time and applied and was rejected. So I reapplied and they sent me to this state appointed psych. I was in such a daze so I didn't even think of getting a lawyer or for that matter, bringing in any documents from doctors. I went in there unarmed. He just asked me a few simply memory questions (which I failed)  and then had me take a multiple choice test. I think I failed that too. Later on I went back in his office and he stamped my file "permanently disabled." So you get about 40%, I think, in that state, of your last salary. So I got my check in two weeks and have been getting them since w/o fail since then.  I hear now that applying for and getting disability is tough to get. I guess the government is running out of money. And it's very hard to get payments for something they consider to be mental, rather than someone who broke his back. I can't believe you slept in to 1 pm? Boy I wish those days happened again for me. Yes, if I were a man, I would be attracted to your dark hair. :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Betsy,

How are you doing?

How much longer on the K for you?

I'll be dropping to 0.5 mgr soon. But not until I get back to CA, I guess. So I don't get slammed IF I do, while traveling .

Still early there but nearing mid afternoon here.

:smitten:

Benzogirl,

well that's probably the problem :tickedoff: My friends told me if I don't get disability Who can get it then? ??? My doctor said it's crazy. But I just didn't get it. And no tests ,just reports from my doctor,hospitals and witnesses. Not enough :-\ And I was working in US that's why my disability is soo

low here. If I worked here would be higher :-\

And being mental is pretty disabling. :( If I wasn't mental and in bed my life would be different  :tickedoff:

But wait maybe if Donald will become president,things will change ;D Maybe he will be more generous

to mentally disabled people ;D

Haha If you were a man... :laugh::smitten:

Hi Betsy,

How are you doing?

How much longer on the K for you?

I'll be dropping to 0.5 mgr soon. But not until I get back to CA, I guess. So I don't get slammed IF I do, while traveling .

Still early there but nearing mid afternoon here.

:smitten:

Hey my noodle:

I'm slowly but surely getting there. Now I am down to .29 mg. I would have gone down further, but when that bad fatigue set in, my pdoc told me to hold for a couple of more days. And so I did. Now my fatigue isn't bad at all. And for some funny reason, when I drop my K I start sleeping much better. Today was something special. I went to bed at 11 pm., woke up at 7:30 am, then went back to sleep and slept for another 3 hours. Yippee! But it does seem like a forever proposition for me. Well, if I remember correctly, you didn't get slammed on the trip, so hopefully you won't get slammed on the trip back. My, you are sooooooooooooo very close to being benzo free. I'm gonna have a cake made you for. :D

:hug: :hug:

Benzogirl,

well that's probably the problem :tickedoff: My friends told me if I don't get disability Who can get it then? ??? My doctor said it's crazy. But I just didn't get it. And no tests ,just reports from my doctor,hospitals and witnesses. Not enough :-\ And I was working in US that's why my disability is soo

low here. If I worked here would be higher :-\

And being mental is pretty disabling. :( If I wasn't mental and in bed my life would be different  :tickedoff:

But wait maybe if Donald will become president,things will change ;D Maybe he will be more generous

to mentally disabled people ;D

Haha If you were a man... :laugh::smitten:

kittensick:

Did you see The Donald speak last night? I did. I never heard of a person who was born w/o a brain who could talk. And what he thinks of women? I feel for Rosie O'Donnell. And the rest of us. No wonder why he hates Hillary so much. The Donald will strip disability from all of us. :tickedoff: Funny/sad thing. I was into a chat room this am that talked only about the debate. And of out 200 people who posted, only one said she disliked Donald. The rest all backed him up and now think he is God. But he is God, isn't he?

Benzogirl,

haha that's exactly what I was thinking...If he becomes a president-no more disabilities and nothing :P Like you said funny and sad. I used to work in Palm Beach so I have kind of idea that a lot of people over there don't have any idea what it is to have average salary or even worse-become disabled :(

And God?  I think maybe a clown at a circus :laugh:

I told my BF I am worried a lot of Americans might for vote for him no matter what because they like

show :idiot: Well if this will happen the show is over and reality will come...

But my BF said Donald has zero chance. Well I hope he is right ???

Because if not,we will be on Valium forever :-\

Now here is something strange that was sent to me. I'm assuming that it is incorrect. If builder says no, then no it is.

Dear Betsy,

All of our FDA approved Literature on our products may be found at www.rli-touchpoint.com by clicking on "Product Catalog" at the top of the page.  A copy of this literature has been attached for your convenience.

On page three of the Prescribing Information under the Section "ADVERSE EVENTS" it states:

"Because of isolated reports of neutropenia and jaundice, periodic blood counts and liver function tests are advisable during long-term therapy."

Any medical questions concerning what is the best recommended for your personal healthcare should be directed towards your prescribing physician as they would be the best source of medical advice.

Kind regards,

Technical Product Information

Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane, Inc.

Tel: (800) 962-8364

Now here is something strange that was sent to me. I'm assuming that it is incorrect. If builder says no, then no it is.

Dear Betsy,

All of our FDA approved Literature on our products may be found at www.rli-touchpoint.com by clicking on "Product Catalog" at the top of the page.  A copy of this literature has been attached for your convenience.

On page three of the Prescribing Information under the Section "ADVERSE EVENTS" it states:

"Because of isolated reports of neutropenia and jaundice, periodic blood counts and liver function tests are advisable during long-term therapy."

Any medical questions concerning what is the best recommended for your personal healthcare should be directed towards your prescribing physician as they would be the best source of medical advice.

Kind regards,

benzogirl, as builder said earlier, the normal population for liquid v are geriatrics and other folks with medical issues that require it not people who are tapering benzos. Valium is the same regardless of the form. People who read this thread for info on tapering valium don't need to be scared needlessly so maybe pump the brakes on this please?

Dear Betsy,

Kind regards,

benzogirl, as builder said earlier, the normal population for liquid v are geriatrics and other folks with medical issues that require it not people who are tapering benzos. Valium is the same regardless of the form. People who read this thread for info on tapering valium don't need to be scared needlessly so maybe pump the brakes on this please?

I have read the same thing regarding liver - but for any Valium - and lots of other meds. All of our meds are processed through the liver. So it's no surprise they state that. Cholesterol meds, vitamins, foods, etc. 

I get my liver enzymes checked every 3 months.

However - I have read many people tapering benzos have had wonky liver enzymes, only for them to come back into the normal range.

I believe it can be an issue if you are on multiple different meds or if you have liver issues to start. But these drugs affect everything. I don't think Klonopin or any other benzos would be any different.

It is espevially true for the elderly who's liver metabolism may be slowed down. But there are many of us with wonky detox pathway genetics that can be affected by toxins in general anyway - whether it be from meds, foods, etc.

My feeling is, if it is something you are concerned about it can't hurt to get it checked and monitored.

I don't think either extreme - being overly cautious about our health or, on the flip side, attributing everything to benzos withdrawal is wise. Everybody on here is different. In different physical shape, with different body chemistry, brain chemistry, etc.

Just my thoughts.

I don't think people should freak out but I don't think people should stick their heads in the sand either.

Blessing Bets,

Don't panick!!!

Agreed, but the issue here is whether or not those on liquid valium needs to be monitored specifically because there is something unique to it that you don't find in other forms. That is not the case.

Other than that, sure, people should do their due diligence when it comes to their health.

Got it Jj!

The liquid Valium I have has red coloring in it - YUCK! And propylene glycol - YUCK!

Both not good for you.

But I am sure the fillers in the tablets aren't any better.

It's all stuff our body doesn't need and doesn't recognize :P

Can't win either way I don't think.

Some people have the powder compounded with almond oil if the other stuff is concerning - unless of course you are allergic to almonds. 😁

Got it Jj!

The liquid Valium I have has red coloring in it - YUCK! And propylene glycol - YUCK!

Both not good for you.

But I am sure the fillers in the tablets aren't any better.

It's all stuff our body doesn't need and doesn't recognize :P

Can't win either way I don't think.

Some people have the powder compounded with almond oil if the other stuff is concerning - unless of course you are allergic to almonds. 😁

I've used that from 15 mgr down to 0.6 today. Worked well for me.

Yeah..,if allergic to almonds  :sick:

I'm wondering : they might be able to use another kind of oil maybe . I've never actually given it thought as to why they use almond oil specifically  ???

Yeah, even with the almond oil though, the pharmacist still has to grind up the pills so you get the filler anyway in the suspension and the valium itself is obviously pure poison that's not good for your liver or any other organ of the body but that is why we are tapering, right?  ;)

Yeah, even with the almond oil though, the pharmacist still has to grind up the pills so you get the filler anyway in the suspension and the valium itself is obviously pure poison that's not good for your liver or any other organ of the body but that is why we are tapering, right?  ;)

Well,,that's the thing. I don't get the pill fillers. They used pure Valium powder , not the stuff to make it into a pill.

So, my liquid is super healthy  ;D

Well,,that's the thing. I don't get the pill fillers. They used pure Valium powder , not the stuff to make it into a pill.

Health valium.

Health valium.

Healium

Health valium.

Healium

Organic Healium, I'm going to look for it at my local food co-op.

Health valium.

Healium

You both made me laugh. Thanks!

I'd like some "healium". Maybe my voice would squeak!

:D

Health valium.

Healium

Organic Healium, I'm going to look for it at my local food co-op.

dont forget the nettle fenugreek cheese.

Yikes, propylene glycol!  seriously?  So is having it made with almond oil a lot more expensive?  I haven't started the liquid yet, but guess I better round up some facts, preferably from those in this group who know about such things.  Thanks for any info you can share.  Cross

Yikes, propylene glycol!  seriously?  So is having it made with almond oil a lot more expensive?  I haven't started the liquid yet, but guess I better round up some facts, preferably from those in this group who know about such things.  Thanks for any info you can share.  Cross

Mine was 65 dollars for 60 ml, lasting about  two or three months, not covered by insurance.

You'll need a compound pharmacy and a script from your doctor.

cross . . . you could always make your own liquid valium by dissolving the tablets in a bit of vodka and adding water.

Of course it wouldn't be healium  ::) and you would have to drink all those binders and fillers that are in the tablets . . . but I am still on the original bottle of vodka I bought at the beginning of my taper. Not a bad deal.

HOWEVER . . . hundreds of people on this forum have been able to tolerate the pharma liquid valium just fine. Most, in fact.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ra...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [El...]
    • [Fr...]
    • [PE...]
    • [ha...]
    • [le...]
    • [...]
    • [Je...]
    • [Sh...]