Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hello everyone,

Katz, Meo, Tex, Dpier, Betsy,Snow,ATU, JJ., Marija., Arcade ! Miranda Jane how are the tapers  going?

I haven't been posting much. Lots of stuff to deal with. So I wanted to do a group post and say hi.

I'm at 0.6 mgr right now and not cutting for at least another week. I got slammed and I have some new symptoms that have popped up, and some old one that have left the building.

The akathisia that came out of nowhere also left suddenly, for which I'm very grateful.

The dizziness is with me, as always. And my teeth are killing me.

I have crushing headaches nowadays. But rarely any heart palps left.

I'm kind of nervous as I'm nearing the end of my taper.

Some personal circumstances make it more of a challenge to cut right now. But soon I'll be gambling a small in of 0.025 again. Wait a bit and then another one. Which will bring me to 0.5 mgr TOTAL.

And that means no more day time doses.

I've already dropped the mid day dose. And now soon my morning  dose will be eliminated.

That leaves me with just 0.5 mgr in liquid only for my pm dose.

No more pills. EVER.

Weird , huh? I don't even know how I feel about this all.

Hello to Selah, Kitten, Hamm, Can Do, Basha, Phoebe, Freemeother people that might have joined and I haven't met yet. Hoe you're all Doing okay.

If I forgot anyone, it's not personal. My mind only allows so many posts to read right now.

I'm still overseas for a while longer. The weather is weird. From sticky and humid to rainstorms.

And I'm eating plenty. Which is good , i needed that.

So, for now ..this..I guess..

Hope you all woke up to a better morning.

:smitten:

Moo

Moo,

I know you are not in a good place right now taper wise but you are doing it and coping so so well.

Your positive take on this gives me strength and encouragement.

Stay well and pace yourself as you drop to zero !  :thumbsup:

Hugs:

ATU

So scared. Bad anxiety, near panic all week. Today I fell asleep - nightmares, monsters,burning arms. Woke up paralyzed. monsters, burning arms. so scared.

Mirandajane

I'm at 1.9mg on a hold and take my .9 around lunch and the 1.0 at lights out.

As I get lower and close to 1.5 I'm concerned the daytime dose is going to become pretty meaningless.  Should I go to .75 AM and .75 PM and keep things even?  I'm dry cutting and making more cuts gets dicey due to the powder created by some of the cuts.

My original intent was to simply exhaust the daytime dose to zero and also begin moving it to later in the day as I go along so that by the time it approaches 0 I'm taking it in the early evening.

Was curious how some of you manage the dosing as you get into the smaller doses?

As I get lower and close to 1.5 I'm concerned the daytime dose is going to become pretty meaningless.  Should I go to .75 AM and .75 PM and keep things even?  I'm dry cutting and making more cuts gets dicey due to the powder created by some of the cuts.

My original intent was to simply exhaust the daytime dose to zero and also begin moving it to later in the day as I go along so that by the time it approaches 0 I'm taking it in the early evening.

Was curious how some of you manage the dosing as you get into the smaller doses?

I'm for keeping them even all the way to zero.

Moo,

It is pretty good timing that you are removing your other doses and only going to dose once per day if you dose it at night.

The higher dose will help with sleep.

This is what I did for my mom and it helped her sleep.

Moo, I am doing "OK" ... glad to hear your are doing better.  Wish you the best!

" OK" in withdrawal is not too bad, I gues...  :sick:

Thanks, Phoebe. :smitten:

Moo,

It is pretty good timing that you are removing your other doses and only going to dose once per day if you dose it at night.

The higher dose will help with sleep.

This is what I did for my mom and it helped her sleep.

Hey Meo,

I'm not actually moving my dose. I dose in the morning and in the evening.

And I swap 0.5 pills for liquid each time.

So, the last 0.5 in the morning is now reduced to 0.10 mgr, that dose is liquid .

And I take 0.5 mgr pill at night, which now will have to become liquid , in order for me to taper this last bit.

So, it's not actually a higher or combined dose. It's less . And the only one left, yikes.

Oddly, Valium never helped me sleep.

Hope mom is doing ok...

Thanks moodle,

I've only posted a few times , but it's nice to meet you too!  I love the support from this forum, always makes the bad days better. :)

But I do know that when you take the liquid, you have to get your blood count and liver function tests every so often. Wishing you a smooth ride down!

Absolutely, incontravertibly incorrect!!!

Liquid V is standard pharma powdered V dissolved in a standard food/pharmaceutical grade solvent, either alcohol, or glycol, then diluted with water.  It in no way creates any different load or stress on the liver (or other organs)  than dry V.

While most us use liquid V as a convenient means of making small dose measurements and doses, it is really a product designed for people with either physical or other impairments that make swallowing dry tablets difficult.  It is commonly used in geriatric settings.

Millions of folks all over the world use liquid V without any liver impairment, or any need for testing.  Thousands of V taperers have used liquid V, again with no impairment, or need for testing.  There are no published cautions or warning in the PIL referencing liver testing.

Builder, thank you for clearing up that opinion on liquid valium and the need for liver testing. It seemed unlikely to me.

As you say, it's the same drug as the tablets . . . and no one (doc or pharmacist) ever mentioned anything to me about getting "liver levels" tested.  :idiot:

Thanks again.

Okatz

Thanks moodle,

I've only posted a few times , but it's nice to meet you too!  I love the support from this forum, always makes the bad days better. :)

Heya,

This thread has been a life saver for me at the start. People know what it's like and unfortunately thats not always the case in " real life".

Hope it'll help you as much as it did me. :thumbsup:

But I do know that when you take the liquid, you have to get your blood count and liver function tests every so often. Wishing you a smooth ride down!

Liquid V is standard pharma powdered V dissolved in a standard food/pharmaceutical grade solvent, either alcohol, or glycol, then diluted with water.  It in no way creates any different load or stress on the liver (or other organs)  than dry V.

While most us use liquid V as a convenient means of making small dose measurements and doses, it is really a product designed for people with either physical or other impairments that make swallowing dry tablets difficult.  It is commonly used in geriatric settings.

Millions of folks all over the world use liquid V without any liver impairment, or any need for testing.  Thousands of V taperers have used liquid V, again with no impairment, or need for testing.  There are no published cautions or warning in the PIL referencing liver testing.

:thumbsup:

well said.

Hey everybody, pls don't beat up on me.

I need to make a clarification. I called my pharma and he said I needed those tests. I assumed we all needed those tests. But he later on said, I, in particular need those tests because I am taking other meds that affect my liver, especially because I take levothyroxine. He added that those who take a large dose in IV form need those tests. I tried calling Roxane, by they were closed. Their sister company, Boehringer Ingelheim, said that since they don't make the product, they can't answer my question.

So sorry for the confusion. :-[

MJ: Sorry you are going through a bad wave. :'( Try to remember that this is your benzo brain talking, and not you. I'm sure you will feel better in the future.

Hey kittensick:

I spend a lot of time in the BR too, but nothing really happens. Tho I do get a lot of reading done. Well, good for your X. Now this is his 2nd go around with a blonde. I hope she makes him happy.  I have no clue where you live, but isn't there any disability available? I would think a job would not be right for you now. But I do understand the need for money to live on......plus to get your hair cut. Oh don't worry about the quotes. You'll get the hang of it. Just keep experimenting with it. :smitten:

Moo: Glad to see you back. I just can't wait for you to tell us what it is like not to be a slave to benzos. I guess I would be nervous too. We  are all used to that bottle. I'm glad you are eating. I finally went to see my internist and he said that now, my BMI is in line, so I don't have to lose any more weight. Yippee! I am so sick and tired that my exercise facility has been my 2nd home. I can't wait for you to get back to home, sweet home. But I don't envy you that plane trip back.

need2: I agree. I think that taking two even doses will make your cutting experience more pleasant. The difference isn't that big, anyway. :)

Now everybody, please forgive me!!!!

I started out with three doses a day and I combined my doses after they fell below 2mg. The dose itself doesn't really help with anything in my experience other than keeping the withdrawal tolerable.

I need to make a clarification. I called my pharma and he said I needed those tests. I assumed we all needed those tests. But he later on said, I, in particular need those tests because I am taking other meds that affect my liver, especially because I take levothyroxine. He added that those who take a large dose in IV form need those tests.

We appreciate to correction, Benzogirl.  I knew you would not knowingly perpetuate false info.

:) :)

Hang in there Miranda! Even the worst of withdrawal is temporary. Looks like you are on two kinds of benzos and that seems to be the case for a bunch of folks here. Maybe consider that if you are really struggling one of the factors might be that just being on two benzos does have a tendency to irritate the CNS further. That was certainly my experience with my crossover. Best to finish crossing over rather than being stuck halfway in between and prolonging the discomfort, IMO.

Moodle when I combined doses, it wasn't a problem for me. The anticipation of dropping a dose freaked me out . . . but the actual event was a non-event.  ;)

As someone we know would say, hope this helps.  ::)

Thank you guys!

I also get tired after my morning dose but it only lasts an hour.

Ho hummmm.

Selah

I haven't dosed 2 times per day for my mom in a long time, but when I did, she was always groggy after doses.

She still gets groggy after her one nightly dose, but sometimes she looks so tired but can't fall asleep.

Thank you!

I need to make a clarification. I called my pharma and he said I needed those tests. I assumed we all needed those tests. But he later on said, I, in particular need those tests because I am taking other meds that affect my liver, especially because I take levothyroxine. He added that those who take a large dose in IV form need those tests. I tried calling Roxane, by they were closed. Their sister company, Boehringer Ingelheim, said that since they don't make the product, they can't answer my question.

MJ: Sorry you are going through a bad wave. :'( Try to remember that this is your benzo brain talking, and not you. I'm sure you will feel better in the future.

Hey kittensick:

I spend a lot of time in the BR too, but nothing really happens. Tho I do get a lot of reading done. Well, good for your X. Now this is his 2nd go around with a blonde. I hope she makes him happy.  I have no clue where you live, but isn't there any disability available? I would think a job would not be right for you now. But I do understand the need for money to live on......plus to get your hair cut. Oh don't worry about the quotes. You'll get the hang of it. Just keep experimenting with it. :smitten:

Moo: Glad to see you back. I just can't wait for you to tell us what it is like not to be a slave to benzos. I guess I would be nervous too. We  are all used to that bottle. I'm glad you are eating. I finally went to see my internist and he said that now, my BMI is in line, so I don't have to lose any more weight. Yippee! I am so sick and tired that my exercise facility has been my 2nd home. I can't wait for you to get back to home, sweet home. But I don't envy you that plane trip back.

need2: I agree. I think that taking two even doses will make your cutting experience more pleasant. The difference isn't that big, anyway. :)

I am very sorry, bets!

I didn't mean to be ganging up on you by agreeing with bolder's.

Again, sorry.

Need about this:

[quoteMy original intent was to simply exhaust the daytime dose to zero and also begin moving it to later in the day as I go along so that by the time it approaches 0 I'm taking it in the early evening.

Was curious how some of you manage the dosing as you get into the smaller doses?]

It seems we all do things differently . . . but I combined doses at 1 mg. No particular reason . . . just convenience. I got tired of dragging that second dose (my pm dose) around with me and worrying I'd forget it at home (I did twice). It was very liberating to combine doses and STOP WORRYING.

Okatz

Hey kittensick:

It's 1pm! Time to get up!! :D oh well at least I am sleeping :)

No the blonde won't make my Ex happy because he will get bored really soon and will want someone

with pink hair ;D

Anyway some guys like black shiny hair I think :laugh:

I am getting disability $120/month. I was getting nothing for years :tickedoff: Florida doesn't want to

give me anything :( Did you have a lawyer when applying for your disability?

No I can't go to work but was thinking maybe some job on internet but have no idea what ???

And money for hair-I think I am good for at least 6 months :) after that I don't know ???

Hey kittensick:

I am very sorry, bets!

I didn't mean to be ganging up on you by agreeing with bolder's.

Again, sorry.

Oh that's OK. I was in need of a smack in the face. I never meant to say something false, intentionally, like builder said. I just got it wrong what that pharma guy said. I thought he was talking about all V users, but he was talking about me, specifically. :-[ :-[