Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Can do,benzogirl

I am soo sorry I called you a doctor :laugh: Actually I found some of their comments cute haha

Like- let's just learn to stay in bed forever,It's part of your disorder :laugh: I still don't know which

disorder to choose from :D I guess the bipolar type 2 ;D aren't we all kind of bipolar during

withdrawal?  :D Some of their comments not soo cute :tickedoff:

But one of my doctors contacted me today that he cannot stop thinking about me :idiot:

So I asked him about the Valium. He said to stay on those damn 30mg at least 3-4weeks

before doing any taper ;D So it looks like everybody is on same page and I just have to stay

sedated on my 30mg watching ceiling,feeling like I don't want to do anything,.. :crazy:

Yes my BF is kind of supportive but we don't know how to get me to city tomorrow since

I am such a sedated mess :D ok so if it's only 10 days I guess I can do that ;D

Librium-I needed like 150mg/day to feel somehow calm :idiot: definitely not as sedating like Diazepam and WD is little worse but not as bad as Klonopin. Diazepam was the best,so hopefully

it will work second time ???

And BF works from home so I drive him crazy :laugh: I wish he goes to work.  ::)

Kittensick:

You called can do a doctor, not me. Anyway, I think it's pretty nice that your doctor called you to see how you were doing. That means he/she cares. I also think it's a good idea to hold for that long a period of time. People rarely complain about cutting too slowly, but rather too fast. And by then, you can't take that cut back. I'll be here forever, so I won't leave anytime soon. Maybe you can hook your TV on the ceiling and watch from there. I don't know what I would do w/o my Netflix. Just because he asked you to hold for 3/4 weeks, doesn't mean you will be sedated for that long. Just about everyone here who does this C/O, complains about sedation and thinks it will never go away. But it does. Just ride it out. I know at first, I slept an awful lot. Now I wish so much that I could sleep that much a night. Naps? Ha. No more of those.

:smitten:

Bets

Kittensick:

You called can do a doctor, not me. Anyway, I think it's pretty nice that your doctor called you to see how you were doing. That means he/she cares. I also think it's a good idea to hold for that long a period of time. People rarely complain about cutting too slowly, but rather too fast. And by then, you can't take that cut back. I'll be here forever, so I won't leave anytime soon. Maybe you can hook your TV on the ceiling and watch from there. I don't know what I would do w/o my Netflix. Just because he asked you to hold for 3/4 weeks, doesn't mean you will be sedated for that long. Just about everyone here who does this C/O, complains about sedation and thinks it will never go away. But it does. Just ride it out. I know at first, I slept an awful lot. Now I wish so much that I could sleep that much a night. Naps? Ha. No more of those.

Bets

kitten , i would comment but benzogirl won`t let me  :tickedoff:but hoping ya feel better!

Kittensick:

Bets

kitten , i would comment but benzogirl won`t let me  :tickedoff:but hoping ya feel better!

can do: You have very thin skin. I told you I was only sassing you. It was a joke.

Benzogirl,Can do,

I am reading both of you

I made it to City to get my haircut :D I am soo depressed about it because I was soo used to my

hairdresser for 5 years,then no haircut for 2 years. I started to look like homeless :idiot:

After that my BF laid on my only one sunglasses to make it even worse :( So no more sunglasses

for me. I was leaving House only with them because I dont want anybody to see how messy I am :crazy:

TV on ceiling won't work because I can't concentrate on TV at all :idiot:

Kittensick:

Bets

can do: You have very thin skin. I told you I was only sassing you. It was a joke.

benzogirl i know your kidding  ::) hope all is well i am just having a bad day being i be forever tapering i think ya know that feeling  :tickedoff:

Hi everyone

I have a Valium question - I don't know how to ask and don't know the answer.

I know for a fact Valium works differently in different people according to their CYP450 enzymes and whether they are fast metabolizes or slow metabolizes - I think Bart or somebody has mentioned this before somewhere too.

I am stuck stuck stuck. I am severely low on vitamins (have had them tested) and have tried to add some in. I am also severely low in Magnesium - everything I eat affects how the Valium seems to be processed. If I eat a fatty meal 4 hours before it knocks me out for the whole night. Does anybody else tapering this garbage have anything similar?

I try to space out magnesium throughout the day but it interacts.

Super sensitive to everything - foods, lotions, creams, toothpaste...

I don't think the Valium is the right drug for me but don't have a choice at this point.

I know you guys aren't doctors or experts.

People talk about holding to smooth symptoms out. But my food affects my liver sons my symptoms too much to bea able to hold. I feel like I am up and down each day with the Valium.

Anybody else like this?

Ugh. Trying to stay hopeful.

Scared of food messing up my taper. Scared of food period.

Thanks.

Blessings

Kittensick:

Bets

benzogirl i know your kidding  ::) hope all is well i am just having a bad day being i be forever tapering i think ya know that feeling  :tickedoff:

can do: I'll bet you 10:1 that my taper will last longer than yours. I'll take the fee in chopped wood. :D Sorry you're having a bad day. This seems to be your problem when you got to a low dose. I wonder if the micro taper is doing you any favors? But I know it works for me, and I don't have much to complain about since that Japanese water left my system. :laugh:

kittensick: Good for you that you got your haircut. I hope it came out nice. So just ask your bf to buy another pair of sunglasses for you. I have at least 5 pair in my car, so I know I will never be left w/o them. BTW, I only only joking about the TV on the ceiling. I suppose your only recourse is to just eat cookies. Can you at least read in bed? Well, form your  Avatar you sure don't look like you are homeless. But maybe that pix was taken two years ago? You couldn't have changed that much in two years.....................or maybe you could have. It's this benzo crap that will do you in. I bet if you shower, put on nice clothes and make up and then look in the mirror, who will find you look much better with that hair cut.

Selah: I just don't know what to tell you. I dose my V 3X a day and don't have I/D. I had it once while on Xanax and boy, it is just so horrible. 10X worse than the anxiety I had that led me to benzos. I get my vitamins tested too. I'm fine on that score tho I have been taking them for my whole adult life. Funny, every time you read on the internet it tells you not to eat large fatty food meals before you go to bed, else it will keep you up. But I bet they don't know about benzos. I guess from doing a lot of reading here, people who could take or eat anything before benzos now find they cannot. One more cross to bear. I guess if I had that problem I would keep a log of everything I take, and cross off one by one to see which is the culprit. Maybe you can try dosing 4X day? I find no ups or downs. Just a steady feeling. I don't know which enzymes are doing what to me. Never got tested. I think nothing, because I am not having a problem. Try and stay cheerful. Maybe this will pass before you know it. I'll be thinking of you. :smitten:

Bets

Thanks Bets!

Consider yourself lucky and blessed!

Do you take any probiotics?

U am starting to get more histamine responses as the "anti-histamine" effect if Valium wears thin.

I know firmywifeandkids found some antihistamine probiotics that worked for him.

I think my gut is fried.

Lots to think about.

Hey, when you take your vitamins do you do it all at once u bye morning ur spread it out during the day? Just curious as you said you dose 3 times per day.

Also, does anybody ever get tired after their afternoon dose?

Sometimes I do sometimes not. Wondering what that means.

Thanks for the reply.

Last thing - technical question - how do you "quote" what people have posted to include other people's responses. Haven't figured that out yet.

Thanks!

Blessings.

Benzogirl,

that Avatar is from today! :D That's my new haircut ;D I didn't cut my hair for 2 years :idiot:

It was covering my butt when I went to hair salon today :-\ My hairdresser said Damn this will

Take at least 2 hours :-[ I guess she did good job not same like I used to be from US but pretty good

and it's soo much cheaper here :D

Yeah sunglasses :tickedoff: I hope he will buy me new one. I need at least one pair. It's soo hot

and sunny here now :-\

Well right now I can read BB,email,FB but books not really ???  I hope it will come back..

4 years on benzo didn't change me at all but since January when doctors were doing  CTs

It did age me and made me look little sick :idiot: But I guess not soo bad.

I am homeless but travelling homeless,there is always someone offering shelter until they realize

what a hell benzo withdrawal really is ??? So I guess I better get off benzos before I get old and wrinkly and ugly!!  :laugh: Then I will be real homeless ???

And I took shower,put nice clothes on,got haircut but still feel same depressed :( and lazy

and not concentrated.

And my BF told me I look horrible in my new pictures with new haircut like Sophia Loren :laugh:

Not sure what does that mean. Maybe I look old :D

Thanks Bets!

Consider yourself lucky and blessed!

Do you take any probiotics?

U am starting to get more histamine responses as the "anti-histamine" effect if Valium wears thin.

I know firmywifeandkids found some antihistamine probiotics that worked for him.

I think my gut is fried.

Lots to think about.

Hey, when you take your vitamins do you do it all at once u bye morning ur spread it out during the day? Just curious as you said you dose 3 times per day.

Thanks for the reply.

Last thing - technical question - how do you "quote" what people have posted to include other people's responses. Haven't figured that out yet.

Thanks!

Blessings.

Just use the "Quote" tab on the upper right of the post you want to quote. If that person has quoted someone else, it will automatically be included. Put your new comment on the bottom so that it's not included in the quote.

Sorry about the interdose withdrawal, I only had it during my crossover.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks!

Blessings.

My mom is always tired early afternoons when she takes doxylamine the night before, but sometimes she isn't. Doxy lasts for 12 hours.

In the upper right hand corner of a person's post, click on the "Quote" link and it will automatically add everything from their post into your reply.

Thank you guys!

I also get tired after my morning dose but it only lasts an hour.

Ho hummmm.

Selah

I haven't dosed 2 times per day for my mom in a long time, but when I did, she was always groggy after doses.

She still gets groggy after her one nightly dose, but sometimes she looks so tired but can't fall asleep.

Hi,

I have been dry cutting off diazepam off 60mg of Diazepam at 2.5 mg intervals. Got to 47.5 and the withdrawal is too severe. Want to go to liquid titration. Looking for a smoother cut. I switched slowly from Ativan, but the ups and downs are just too much. I don't care about time or how long. More concerned with not damaging my body and life. I need links and plans and any input.

SG57 is my hero. I have other issues. I need help. Thank you.

Hi Willy:

I am planning to use both pills and liquid V to get off 70 mg of Val. I had a difficult time learning the process~~benzo brain~~but builder helped me out a lot. If SG57 is your hero, than builder is mine. builder visits from place to place, including the micro taper section and sometimes, here and sometimes withdrawal. If you want to find him, then just do a search for his name and then click on show posts. That will show you where he last posted. Or you can PM him. Sorry I can't help because I have not begun the process myself. But I do know that when you take the liquid, you have to get your blood count and liver function tests every so often. Wishing you a smooth ride down! :thumbsup:

Hey kittensick:

I guess you got the answer on how to quote. Maybe next time around you'll ask how to quote just one particular section or sentence. If your BF says you look like Sofia Loren, then I would consider that a compliment. He must not be too young to remember her! She was a bombshell in her days. Your pix looks fine. I wish I looked like you, tho I would prefer to be a dumb blonde. So you haven't gotten a hair cut in two years? Why is that? Too sick? Man, that would be bad. I get my cut very six weeks. I'm due. You are wearing sunglasses, so I guess he broke them after that picture was taken. Sorry you are feeling so rotten. Yes, those C/Ts dun you in. :'(

Selah:

Hi there. I just started on probiotics about two weeks ago and so far, no results. That crazy Japanese water did the trick for me. I don't have actually IBS, just some very bad constipation that started about a year ago. That was when my endo told me to take large quantities of Calcium and Vitamin D3. I then went on the internet and learned that high doses of Calcium, added in with some other supplements, can cause constipation. I never had it before I began tapering. This is what I take and when. I have to take my thyroid med on an empty stomach with no other pills. So I usually wake up around 5 am and take it then. Then I go back to bed, and when I wake up around 6:30, I eat, do some chores and then lay in bed for a while. Then when I wake up I take 20 mg of valium, 2,000 mg of Vitamin D3, a split dose of combined Magnesium and Calcium and Omega-3 (to prevent bad cholesterol). Then with my 2nd dose I take 20 mg of valium, my probiotic, my other split dose, my multi vitamin, Vitamin C, and flax seed oil. Then I am done for the day with my vitamins.

At night I take the rest of my valium, the dredges of .3 mg of K (which doesn't work at this point) and my night sleep aids. Lucky for me I am not yet tolerant to the Val. But after my 2nd dose, about two hours later, if I don't get much sleep that night, I just can't keep my eyes open. The fatigue sets in. So I nap for an hour. It's funny. It only lasts or an hour. Even when I stay awake but still feel groggy it only lasts for an hour. Go figure. ::)

Hey kittensick:

I guess you got the answer on how to quote. Maybe next time around you'll ask how to quote just one particular section or sentence. If your BF says you look like Sofia Loren, then I would consider that a compliment. He must not be too young to remember her! She was a bombshell in her days. Your pix looks fine. I wish I looked like you, tho I would prefer to be a dumb blonde. So you haven't gotten a hair cut in two years? Why is that? Too sick? Man, that would be bad. I get my cut very six weeks. I'm due. You are wearing sunglasses, so I guess he broke them after that picture was taken. Sorry you are feeling so rotten. Yes, those C/Ts dun you in. :'(

Noo,no compliment. He was saying I look like her now :laugh: but whatever. Does it matter how I look like if I am in bed all the time? :( But actually I think I am getting little bit more stable,less sedated and less wihdrawal symptoms. But now my digestion is getting worse :( So now I am not in bed but live in bathroom. Can I just get a break? :tickedoff:

I was actually thinking what could I do for job but I think about all the time but never do it :idiot:

I just feel too tired.

And yes my BF is 56 but I am 32 and know who is Sophia Loren and I don't think I look her :D

Maybe Audrey Hepburn ;D But those iPhone pictures make people look really really old wondering

why is that? ;D

But you are right most men want dumb blondes. My Ex dumped me for 17 year old dumb blonde but I think he got tired of her :laugh: So now he has older,smart blonde.

I have olive skin so no way I can be Blonde :idiot: But benzos make me pretty dumb ???

No haircut for 2 years-no money for it  :P

And yes sunglasses broken after picture. I left them on bed and didn't realize he is not 90lbs but

270lbs :laugh:

Hey kittensick:

Noo,no compliment. He was saying I look like her now :laugh: but whatever. Does it matter how I look like if I am in bed all the time? :( But actually I think I am getting little bit more stable,less sedated and less wihdrawal symptoms. But now my digestion is getting worse :( So now I am not in bed but live in bathroom. Can I just get a break? :tickedoff:

I was actually thinking what could I do for job but I think about all the time but never do it :idiot:

I just feel too tired.

And yes my BF is 56 but I am 32 and know who is Sophia Loren and I don't think I look her :D

Maybe Audrey Hepburn ;D But those iPhone pictures make people look really really old wondering

why is that? ;D

But you are right most men want dumb blondes. My Ex dumped me for 17 year old dumb blonde but I think he got tired of her :laugh: So now he has older,smart blonde.

I have olive skin so no way I can be Blonde :idiot: But benzos make me pretty dumb ???

No haircut for 2 years-no money for it  :P

And yes sunglasses broken after picture. I left them on bed and didn't realize he is not 90lbs but

270lbs :laugh:

But I do know that when you take the liquid, you have to get your blood count and liver function tests every so often.

What??

Finally in a window for the first time in months!  Just wanted to share that to hopefully raise some spirits!  Forgot how good it feels , I know it's not permanent, but I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it while it's here.  Gonna be out on the lake fishing for salmon tomorrow, hope everyone is doing good. 

But I do know that when you take the liquid, you have to get your blood count and liver function tests every so often.

What??

I'm not sure whose quote this was, but I'd also like to ask WHAT!?

Where did that idea come from? It's just the same as Valium. Just a different form of it, namely LIQUID.

You might be mistaken with lithium ?

Finally in a window for the first time in months!  Just wanted to share that to hopefully raise some spirits!  Forgot how good it feels , I know it's not permanent, but I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it while it's here.  Gonna be out on the lake fishing for salmon tomorrow, hope everyone is doing good.

Hi Hamm,

Don't think we have met yet but hi and welcome ... :)

Great you're feeling a bit better. I looked at your signature real quick and yeah...that drop by 1 mgr on this low a dose...might have done you in. I'm glad you're doing better now...

:thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

Katz, Meo, Tex, Dpier, Betsy,Snow,ATU, JJ., Marija., Arcade ! Miranda Jane how are the tapers  going?

I haven't been posting much. Lots of stuff to deal with. So I wanted to do a group post and say hi.

I'm at 0.6 mgr right now and not cutting for at least another week. I got slammed and I have some new symptoms that have popped up, and some old one that have left the building.

The akathisia that came out of nowhere also left suddenly, for which I'm very grateful.

The dizziness is with me, as always. And my teeth are killing me.

I have crushing headaches nowadays. But rarely any heart palps left.

I'm kind of nervous as I'm nearing the end of my taper.

Some personal circumstances make it more of a challenge to cut right now. But soon I'll be gambling a small in of 0.025 again. Wait a bit and then another one. Which will bring me to 0.5 mgr TOTAL.

And that means no more day time doses.

I've already dropped the mid day dose. And now soon my morning  dose will be eliminated.

That leaves me with just 0.5 mgr in liquid only for my pm dose.

No more pills. EVER.

Weird , huh? I don't even know how I feel about this all.

Hello to Selah, Kitten, Hamm, Can Do, Basha, Phoebe, Freemeother people that might have joined and I haven't met yet. Hoe you're all Doing okay.

If I forgot anyone, it's not personal. My mind only allows so many posts to read right now.

I'm still overseas for a while longer. The weather is weird. From sticky and humid to rainstorms.

And I'm eating plenty. Which is good , i needed that.

So, for now ..this..I guess..

Hope you all woke up to a better morning.

Moo