Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Can do,

I had to do crossover little faster because Valium was making me walking Zombie :o

Well compare cutting just Klonopin and doing crossover to Valium. Crossover made a lot less WD symptoms-let's say 95% less and the WD are mental not physical ???

So now I am off Klonopin. Shouldn't it be off my system or will I still have WD from last 0,25mg? ???

My BF said I talk too much. That's definitely WD. I had crazy racing thoughts before during withdrawal

but now it started just today :idiot: I hate them :tickedoff:

I guess I will have to stay on my 30mg for a while or I lose my mind :crazy:

Just saw a video of my son. He is the cutest thing on planet and I want to be with him soon :'(

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask a question for those who've micro-tapered the low doses.

Have you all found that a 10% reduction over say, 2 weeks when you are below 5mg of Valium is the same symptom wise as a 10% reduction over 2 weeks at the higher doses?

So... same symptoms when doing:

20-->18mg

...as....

5.5-->5mg (I've done this the past two weeks and it's been brutal)

?

I was hoping that somehow magically once I got down to the last third that %'s wouldn't really come into play as much... because if they do, it's going to be a lengthy taper even down from 5mg.

Thank you all.

Hey guys,

Have you all found that a 10% reduction over say, 2 weeks when you are below 5mg of Valium is the same symptom wise as a 10% reduction over 2 weeks at the higher doses?

20-->18mg

...as....

?

I was hoping that somehow magically once I got down to the last third that %'s wouldn't really come into play as much... because if they do, it's going to be a lengthy taper even down from 5mg.

Thank you all.

I don't think that I was around 10% cuts until around 2 mg and below. If you are having rough withdrawals I'd try doing a ten to two week hold and cutting less aggressively. The percentages provide a good rough guideline I think but how your body is responding to the cuts is a much surer indicator to go by. It's a lot easier to stay out of trouble than to get out of trouble once you are in it.

Hey guys,

20-->18mg

...as....

?

Thank you all.

I don't think that I was around 10% cuts until around 2 mg and below. If you are having rough withdrawals I'd try doing a ten to two week hold and cutting less aggressively. The percentages provide a good rough guideline I think but how your body is responding to the cuts is a much surer indicator to go by. It's a lot easier to stay out of trouble than to get out of trouble once you are in it.

Thank you much jjrosk. I'm definitely in pretty deep symptom wise... and was hoping that these last few mgs wouldn't be as brutal.

What pace were you doing when you got down to around 5mg... pace per month?

I really do appreciate your post.. the validation is needed, because it's so hard to believe that cutting at .02mg/day can bring up such symptoms.

Dan

dpier, yeah it's on my sig. Our erstwhile buddy Chrenraf used to cut at .02 and hold at regular, planned intervals. Have you tried anything like that? btw, I like your avatar, that kid can really ball :)

This is strange.

Since cutting my mom's dose from .19 thru .16, she has had far less sx's and her appetite is coming back.

Maybe I can cut further, so will try.

At the worst, I can always hold.

[ee...]

This is strange.

Since cutting my mom's dose from .19 thru .16, she has had far less sx's and her appetite is coming back.

Maybe I can cut further, so will try.

At the worst, I can always hold.

Great to hear mrtmeo!

An increased appetite is so promising. 😊

Marija

dpier, yeah it's on my sig. Our erstwhile buddy Chrenraf used to cut at .02 and hold at regular, planned intervals. Have you tried anything like that? btw, I like your avatar, that kid can really ball :)

Thank you JJ. I have tried that all except the regular intervals... that might be a good idea... I've just kind of been stopping when I've felt the need or things get to overpowering.

..and yes, Giannis is a growing beast. I was lucky that I got to meet him (for like 2 seconds, lol).  8)

Hey DP,

You are down to 5.15mg!

I remember when you were in the thick of it at 18mg.

Glad to see you are getting there fast.

I need some advice!! I'm tapering valium very slowly but sx are adding up and getting so much worse.

I'm at 15.5 valium and .16 ativan - which is equal to 1.6 valium. And I've only cut .5 mg. in two weeks by microtapering .05 liquid per night. The I had two nights of panic attacks nearly all night. I stopped tapering for the past three nights. Getting a little more sleep but "anxious sleep" and lot of anxiety and wakefulness every hour or so. Not only lack of sleep, but now I'm having memory difficulties and burning skin. And nausea is constant but I have to eat due to weight loss (I'm at 104 pounds and have a stomach disorder). I can't go anywhere but my doctor's office, and my husband has to drive me. I can't go shopping or to lunch or the drug store or ANYWHERE. I'm on the verge of panic all the time and in bed most of the day trying to calm down.

Should I resume tapering? At the same rate? Or will I just get crazier? I hate to go slower, but I don't think I can stand getting any worse. I never stabilize. Symptoms keep adding up.

Does everybody else manage to taper faster than me? If I were functional, I wouldn't mind tapering more slowly. But I can barely feed myself and I've had several spells of disorientation and near panic.

I really need some advice from Benzo Buddies.

Thank you!

MirandaJane

Hey DP,

You are down to 5.15mg!

I remember when you were in the thick of it at 18mg.

Glad to see you are getting there fast.

Thank you :)

Times are tough, but numbers are moving down... best to you buddy!

I need a help again :D I did crossover to Valium in 16 days and I know I should stay on

same dose for some time but this is ridiculous. Its 3pm and I am soo drugged,cannot wake myself up :-\ 4 days on 30mg.

How about if I will go down to 27.5mg and will try to get stable there? ???

kittensick:

I would answer the first question you posed to me but it seems that can do and JJ managed to cover it all. You made the total C/O four days ago. I know it's hard to stay awake, I had the same problem and did my C/O over a 5 month period. You just have to have some patience to get over the sedation. We all had to. You have about 10 days to go, so if you can ride the benzo train you should be able to hop on board to this train.

MJ:

When I got an uptick in my symptoms and I am doing a micro taper, then I just held for a couple of days during a 14-day period. Now, they are gone for the most part.

Benzogirl,

10 days to go where? :D You mean if I stay on Valium for another 10 days my WD symptoms will go

away and I will get some of my brain back? ???

My BF told me I look like hell today. Great! That's how I feel :tickedoff:

So you think I should stay on 30mg Valium right?

Benzogirl,

10 days to go where? :D You mean if I stay on Valium for another 10 days my WD symptoms will go

Kitten , enjoy the sedation :D IT WILL wear off and stay on the 30 mg of v for now your still having withdrawls from the klonopin let the v build up and the klonopin work it`s way out and do like me get a Tan makes you look good even though ya feel like shit lol !`CD

Can do,

Hahaha How do you know I am getting Tan to cover my pale sick face? Lol yeah it makes you look

soo healthy right? Even if we still feel like shit haha But then nobody believes me I am broke :D

Ok I will stay on Valium ??? And my digestive issues are back! :tickedoff: I need a break :P

Can do,

Hahaha How do you know I am getting Tan to cover my pale sick face? Lol yeah it makes you look

soo healthy right? Even if we still feel like shit haha But then nobody believes me I am broke :D

Ok I will stay on Valium ??? And my digestive issues are back! :tickedoff: I need a break :P

Kitten, Yup a Tan works great heck ya look in the mirror makes you feel better and honestly the valium sedation will wear off i should not be saying this but i like it  :crazy: better then being all anxiety riddin right?  :) ~ CD

Can do,

you like the sedation? :crazy: But you are not like in bed all the time right? ???

Well yeah it's better than anxiety for sure :D Now you are like my doctor telling me if I have no

anxiety than the pills are working even if I am bedridden :D

Can do,

you like the sedation? :crazy: But you are not like in bed all the time right? ???

Well yeah it's better than anxiety for sure :D Now you are like my doctor telling me if I have no

anxiety than the pills are working even if I am bedridden :D

kitten, you called me a Doctor  :tickedoff: ? No i just like feeling relaxed ! Sorry your too sedated i can understand your situation just try and stay on it for 30  days then you can taper off so feel better ok and do like me drink some coffee  ::) ~ CD

can do: Why do you keep hijacking my threads?  You are very prolific. :laugh:

Benzogirl because they are interesting lol ! :laugh: but i won`t anymore  :( ~CD

Benzogirl,

Hi kittensick: I can't seem to reply to you fast enough. I think can do is leaning on his computer.  :laugh: :laugh:

When I said 10 days to go, I meant that by then the sedation should go away. Tho don't worry is it takes a bit longer. That does not mean your w/d symptoms will go away. I'm not sure of the conversion rate from Librium to Valium. But I do know that 1 mg Xanax = 20 mg of Valium.  So I assume someone did the math for you, hence the 30 mg should be correct. Like can do said, enjoy the sedation while you can. Take my word on this. Later on you might beg for that sedation to come back. Just hold a while and see how you feel 10 days to two weeks from now. And pls, do not start your taper before then. You'll make it through the sedation period. Pretty much all of us managed to do so. Patience, my dear. In regards to your BF, well, ain't he so kind and supportive?? I hope he works long hours. Like 36-hour shifts.  :D

:smitten:

Bets