Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I am on 4 mg morning, 3 mg afternoon, and 10 mg of valium and do to reduce morning to 3 mg  in morning tomorrow.  Getting bad headaches already ... is this normal at this amount?

Don't know how long you have been on the V but I also had headaches at first.  It went away so hopefully yours will too.  Hang in there. 

I am on 4 mg morning, 3 mg afternoon, and 10 mg of valium and do to reduce morning to 3 mg  in morning tomorrow.  Getting bad headaches already ... is this normal at this amount?

Quite possibly a sign that you are being a little too aggressive in your taper depending on what your goals are. If you want to get off ASAP then you might push through it. But it you want to stay reasonably functional then maybe you could hold longer and make less aggressive cuts. I'm not sure what you are doing now, but starting to cut .5 mg and holding for a couple of weeks might be an approach that you want to consider.

Quite possibly a sign that you are being a little too aggressive in your taper depending on what your goals are. If you want to get off ASAP then you might push through it. But it you want to stay reasonably functional then maybe you could hold longer and make less aggressive cuts. I'm not sure what you are doing now, but starting to cut .5 mg and holding for a couple of weeks might be an approach that you want to consider.

I agree. Maybe try a 0.5 cut and see how you do first ?

Usually revved up symptoms can be a sign you're going too quick. If you haven't cut yet..you might be able to avoid more xs by cutting careful for now?

I used to cut 0.5 every two, three weeks.

I know it looks endless. But you'll get there, okay? :smitten:

( hi JJ)

I know I have heard others say that they were feeling better while cutting, but it is not real common.

My mom was getting really panicky, but once I started her cuts again, the panicks went away.

Maybe this means I should cut faster?

Hey there moo, looks like your going to be joining me and Carlita pretty darn soon. Very cool.

Not too far behind ya, JJ!

Yup, very cool. If it wasn't so scary.. ::)

I think I tapered wisely and so I hope it won't be too bad for too long IF it doesn't just go away ( a girl can dream ) ...

Hope your day is nice. Past midnight here, checking out.

Good to see you here.

It feels like my wave is coming to an end finally.  I will hold for a few more days to make sure I am in the clear and then I will resume my cuts.  I am still very happy that my debilitating head pressure is still gone.

Hi fellow buddies, like JJ I've been gone for a long time. I just wanted to send a word of encouragement  for those struggling. I've been feeling great for the past 5 mos. still have a little cog fog, depr, short term memory loss. But other than that, I'm sleeping like a baby and am able to work. I'm almost at 6 mg V so we'll see how the rest of the taper goes. I've been taking it real slow, almost a symtom based taper. Thanks to DP for introducing me to liquid micro taper. I feel that was the answer for me. Keep it slow and listen to your body. Big hug to Bets.

jwl: Nice to see you back. I'm glad things are going well for you. Work? Great! You give us inspiration. Now, don't be a stranger. :mybuddy:

Arcade: I hope your wave has passed. Good that you got out with your doggie. Every little but helps. I know what you mean hour by hour, as my vision changes that often. Only when I put special eye drops in does it get better. Good news and bad. Some guy hit me in the parking lot, so I have to have body work done. Ugh. But the rental care agency gave me a Mercedes to drive! Now I want to learn how the other side lives. In my dreams. :D

free: I am taking a guess that you don't dream while on drugs like Ativan, Xanax, etc, because they are knock out ones. But Valium does not really make you sleep very well, hence the dreams. Kind of like a alkie who drinks a 5th of Vodka. No dreams for him.

Pheobe: I agree. I think 3 mg is way too much. . 5 mg is more like it. IMO, you shouldn't drop 3 mg this one time and then slow down. That drop will catch up with you, when you least expect it.

mrtmeo: I guess just listen to you body after you make a drop. Then you will know if it is OK and you can speed it up. Or not.

I hope everyone has a great night!

:smitten:

Bets

Bets, thanks for reply.  I am only reducing morning 4mg dose to 3mg ... and then do .5% cut every two weeks.  Do you think this is possible?

Bets, thanks for reply.  I am only reducing morning 4mg dose to 3mg ... and then do .5% cut every two weeks.  Do you think this is possible?

Cutting when you aren't feeling well just puts you further behind. In the case of benzo tapering, going slower is actually quicker in my experience. It's all upside down in the benzoverse. Well at least it's been that way for me.

I think you just have to decide how you want to do your taper; listening to your body to make choices about it or following a set schedule. Neither one is necessary wrong and both will get you to zero.  The way it was explained to me is that once the CNS has down regulated, it takes it's own time to heal whether or not you go fast or slow with your taper. The difference is whether you want to feel semi crappy or really crappy. It might be debatable premise, but one that I personally accepted and based my taper on. I had many more good days than bad while I was tapering. Unfortunately all any of us can do is speak from our own experience for all that that is worth. We all have to make our own decisions and live with the consequences for better or for worse.

Hello Everybody,

Hi Betz, Moo, JJ, DP,rhapsodygirl, mrtmeo, katz, arcade, freeme, phoebe,  ......

JJ  congratulations again!! 

Betz,  How do you feel with that water, one of my major problems is what to drink!!  I cant drink, coffee, coke, sodas, anything black,

I tried soy milk, too much gas,  I can't drink plain water too much burps,  I finally drink water dilute with mango juice, (Jumex)

then I found out that I have to eat first, then after 15 or 20 minutes drink, to help the digestion acids to do the work.

Selah said something about enzymes,  but I lost that link.

I'm such a  chicken, I almost don't have sx,  but the few symptoms  made me sad and scared, I need assurance that everything will be OK.  I fear for the worst.

I'm working, walking, going to shopping, parties,  long meetings,  then suddenly I feel a little tiny punch in the chest,  is my heart?? It's a Benzo?? It's anxiety??  wtf is this??

then I feel a hot adrenaline rush, then  It will pass. 

can I live like this ??    well...... I have to,  no other option duh.

The doubt is my worst enemy ,  most of the people believe is pure withdraw, I hope too,It's just withdraw.

Hope and faith !!!

That's what I need.

Hugs

Tex the lone ranger

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Katz! You are almost there! Happy for you!

I'm ok....had a pretty rough week but today was better. Just sitting with what comes.

Love to all,

Carita :smitten:

Hi:

phoebe:

Since you are on 19 mg, that cut should be fine. :thumbsup: Only about 5%.

Hey Tex:

Yes, the water is like something from the Fountain of Youth. It is ionized, has electrolytes and anti oxidants. Plus many minerals. I've only been drinking it for a week now, and my IBS has gone away. I also feel better in general. You want to take the water that has pH level 9.5. That's all I drink now. Even tho I don't have this machine, my exercise club is just down the road, and even if it is closed, I have a key so I just let myself I and take out a gallon. I think it is called, Eastern Medicine. Much better than the awful Western...

Katz: Keeping an update on your sig.  :thumbsup:

Snowy:

Where are you? I did what you said. Last night I woke up at 3 am with no hopes of falling asleep. I usually do this and then roll over and go back to sleep. Not so in this case. So I dragged myself out of bed and made that sleep mixture with the OJ, and then next thing I knew it was 7 a.m!!!!! You have such great ideas. Tonight, I will drink it before I go to bed. :smitten:

I hope everyone has a great day!

:smitten:

Bets

I woke up at 12:30 am in near panic. This has not happened before. Usually my Ativan and Valium at bedtime keeps me relatively calm until 3 am, when I just start to feel anxious.  I was so scared.

My Ativan dose was from a new bottle of compound solution from the pharmacy. I wondered if they mixed it wrong. Or whether the Valium microtaper is catching up with me. I don't know. It took me an hour to get under control. I was too agitated to meditate or do anything other than walk and talk to my husband like a maniac. I finally was able to take my middle-of-the-night Valium and extra melatonin and doze off and on fitfully until big anxiety at 5 am.

I'm still about to jump out of my skin. It's 8 am.

I never stabalize. The symptoms just keep adding up. What if I become irrational?

I'm so scared.

MirandaJane

I woke up at 12:30 am in near panic. This has not happened before. Usually my Ativan and Valium at bedtime keeps me relatively calm until 3 am, when I just start to feel anxious.  I was so scared.

My Ativan dose was from a new bottle of compound solution from the pharmacy. I wondered if they mixed it wrong. Or whether the Valium microtaper is catching up with me. I don't know. It took me an hour to get under control. I was too agitated to meditate or do anything other than walk and talk to my husband like a maniac. I finally was able to take my middle-of-the-night Valium and extra melatonin and doze off and on fitfully until big anxiety at 5 am.

I'm still about to jump out of my skin. It's 8 am.

I never stabalize. The symptoms just keep adding up. What if I become irrational?

I'm so scared.

MirandaJane

Hi MirandaJane,

My cross over wasn't too bad, I mean I still having the Ativan symptoms but I was able little by little to sleep more with Valium,

one day I had a problem and all the buddies told me that my drug now is Valium, just one day I took  0.5 ativan then came back to schedule, I c/o in one month in a half. then I felt good for 2 weeks, then  I lower quick from 10 to 3 mg in 4 weeks.  I would say from 7 mg.  I only took 10 mg one day. It was too much.  keep the c/o  but watch the food, the stress, the sleep.

Good luck !!

Tex

Nice to see you again JWL. Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work!

Okatz

Katz,

I love your avatar,  It's so cute the cat.

Tex.

Ok,

so I am on 30mg Valium only since yesterday. No WD just bad depression and suicidal :(

I guess normal :D

Sleeping 15 hours= Less hours to deal with madness ???

Benzogirl,

Congratulations on new Mercedes :thumbsup: haha well at least for a while.

You are still able to drive? :o I am wondering what happened to my brain because I can't drive anymore :idiot:  and if I don't drive I cannot live in US :(

I think too much benzos don't make you dream. No dreams on Klonopin :( I think I have some

dreams on Valium ???

Ok,

so I am on 30mg Valium only since yesterday. No WD just bad depression and suicidal :(

I guess normal :D

Sleeping 15 hours= Less hours to deal with madness ???

Congratulations,

But 30 mg Its too much, IMHO  you can cut 0.5  every few days 2 or 4 days until 20 mg or 15 mg, That is my opinion,

I c/o  to  10 mg then  reduce  quick to 3 mg and then hold for 2 months , now I'm in  2.30 mg V.

doing small cuts.

Good luck, 

The sleep is good.

Tex