Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Anybody explode in anger. I know it's common. How do you calm down after? Can't get my adrenaline to stop. My interdose withdrawal stinks.

Selah

Oh, yep! I know that feeling..

Sorry you're having to deal with that.

It hasn't been uncommon for me to explode over things totally unimportant and futile. Or about things in the past or present things I couldn't shake.

The adrenaline feeling that won't leave after is nasty.

I usually went to a calm place, mostly my bedroom , and so the 4-6-6 breathing exercise.

Inhale for 4 second, hold for 6 and then slowly exhale in 6.

It made my breathing and hr regular again.

I also did a lot of guided meditation ( I can't do it on my own much , need a voice so I can focus ) and took little walks.

I'm not sure if this helps. It seems so " yeah, I already thought of that " kind of thing but it did work for me.

Also, I use a box of pastels and have a sketch pad at hand and kind of just started getting it out on paper.

Hope mor expelled will,post how they dealt with this. :smitten:

Thanks noodle.

Yup. Need all the help I can get. Scare people away. My tolerance for u helpfulness and ignorance is at an all time low right now. Can't go for a walk. Makes it harder.

Breathing will try.

Thanks noodle.

Yup. Need all the help I can get. Scare people away. My tolerance for u helpfulness and ignorance is at an all time low right now. Can't go for a walk. Makes it harder.

Breathing will try.

Maybe you'd like to lay down and put one of these on and try and forget a bit. Some days it really helps,me to feel better. Or at least not as angry, sad or whatever the day came up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLUVKqY_qqM&sns=em

Thanks Moodle!

Will try those!

I feel like I have decreased stomach digestion and absorption. Anybody else with this?

Also, is there a theory behind why we become so chimeric ally / food sensitive and what to do about it? If someone knows and can direct me that would be great!

Blessings

Selah

benzogirl,

I don't know how to explain the feeling of this new Diazepam. It's just really strong and weird.

What I meant by Klonopin being like sugar pills...Well from day 1 I took it,it just calmed me down,

made me feel normal less anxious and I slept like baby. I didn't have this drugged up feeling at all.

The problems started after like 8 months. I realized I just don't care about anything and I became

very lazy so I went to my doctor and told her that I don't like this feeling because I used to be very active. She told me Well,that's what these pills do and they are only for old people and she doesn't

understand why they gave me such a horrible pill anyway. Well it as because no other pill worked for me ??? So she tried to taper me off and then I realized I was in huge trouble :D

I know Klonopin is 20X stronger than Valium. I read all about it since I am trying really hard to get

off these damn pills. But this Diazepam is kind of weird :idiot:

I was taking Roche Valium before I think total 8 months and highest dose 40mgs but never felt soo

drugged. Actually I made it to store with my boyfriend today and I guess I am little bit less drugged

but still I am like drunk,confused. I wouldn't be able to go on my own.

Well but like you said I am going to do complete C/O and then decide what to do :D

What did you mean by sleeping? I still sleep like dead woke up at 10:30 today  :D

But yeah it took me little longer to fall asleep like half an hour but I think it's still good :)

Hi Kitten,

The valium really made my mom groggy and out of it all the time.

This went away for the most part after the first few weeks.

She has been a little ditzy the whole taper down, but not so much that she can't do anything.

It effects older people more strongly than younger folks.

At this lower dose, her cognition had been getting much better, but now, it is on and off.

I can tell her real self is coming back but is not completely there yet.

mrtmeo,

thanks. That might be an issue also. One doctor at loony bin told me I have very slow metabolism.

I was like what? :o I am 85lbs :laugh: She explained it to me that for some reason I metabolize pills

like old person :idiot: I don't know why is that since I should be perfectly healthy physically ???

I am only 32 look 20 but I guess my body is old :D

And yeah I hope it goes away since I ordered more Valium :-\

Hi Kittensick:

What I meant by sleeping is two fold. One, many people don't find it to be a knock-out drug like Xanax or klonopin or even Ativan. I also meant my sleep has gotten so much better since I dropped my K dose by a lot now. I think the K backfired on me a while ago and it no longer did anything to get me to sleep. If anything, it kept me awake. I think everyone here on BB would like to be able to sleep like you do. From what I have read here, klonopin and Valium tapers can give you bad insomnia. I suspect the same for xanax. Also, from what I have read here, people tend to get addicted to Ativan more quickly than other benzos, but sleep is not a problem for many of them. That used to bug the heck out of me.  :D The sleep, I mean.  :smitten: fwiw~~ you can check your metabolism rate by a simple blood test. Mine came out average, but that was before I began to exercise. I hope it is faster now.

((((Moo: so happy to see you!)))) Hope dad is OK...... :smitten:

(((MY Tex?)))))

(((can do: Still hung up on KK?  :D )))

I hope every V-er is having a nice day. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Kittensick:

What I meant by sleeping is two fold. One, many people don't find it to be a knock-out drug like Xanax or klonopin or even Ativan. I also meant my sleep has gotten so much better since I dropped my K dose by a lot now. I think the K backfired on me a while ago and it no longer did anything to get me to sleep. If anything, it kept me awake. I think everyone here on BB would like to be able to sleep like you do. From what I have read here, klonopin and Valium tapers can give you bad insomnia. I suspect the same for xanax. Also, from what I have read here, people tend to get addicted to Ativan more quickly than other benzos, but sleep is not a problem for many of them. That used to bug the heck out of me.  :D The sleep, I mean.  :smitten:

(((MY Tex?)))))

Hey Betsy Wetsy... >:D

Dad is as okay as expected..  :smitten:

The storm here has been horrendous. There is millions of dollars worth of damages and trees, branches all over the roads, half uprooted trees and they are still checking which ones need to come down.

It was kind of scary,

And...coming from CA, I don't even own a warm jacket anymore here. I have a ski jacket that I bring in winter but I didn't now. Boy, do I regret it!

I've been sitting under a blank it with heating pads today. :o

Even though I keep saying I miss the seasons, I also hate cold feet!

Hoping you're doing well as can be .

When is the last dose of K, Bets? Must be coming close ( or did I miss it  :P).

:smitten:

benzogirl,

sorry K stopped making you sleep. Well I did have insomnia while tapering before but I would just

increase Seroquel and then go back to my original dose. Doesn't Seroquel makes you sleep?

It always worked for me. I think it's pretty strong for sleep and I like that it's not that addicting

I guess ??? Not sleeping is horrible I know. When they took my pills CT I just stopped sleeping :o

Hell !!!

And I am not tapering yet just doing crossover so maybe soon I will be here complaining about

insomnia :P But I will just take Seroquel  :D

Oh and I didn't know there is a blood test for metabolism ??? I thought I've already had every single

blood test done and other tests :D

Hi Kittensick:

What I meant by sleeping is two fold. One, many people don't find it to be a knock-out drug like Xanax or klonopin or even Ativan. I also meant my sleep has gotten so much better since I dropped my K dose by a lot now. I think the K backfired on me a while ago and it no longer did anything to get me to sleep. If anything, it kept me awake. I think everyone here on BB would like to be able to sleep like you do. From what I have read here, klonopin and Valium tapers can give you bad insomnia. I suspect the same for xanax. Also, from what I have read here, people tend to get addicted to Ativan more quickly than other benzos, but sleep is not a problem for many of them. That used to bug the heck out of me.  :D The sleep, I mean.  :smitten: fwiw~~ you can check your metabolism rate by a simple blood test. Mine came out average, but that was before I began to exercise. I hope it is faster now.

(((MY Tex?)))))

benzo, girl this last bit of k kicking my butt. The valium ummm think i hit tolorance with that as at 30 mgs before bed i mostly feel nothing ! `CD

Hi kitten - you can be a fast or slow metabolized of drugs based in the genetics of your liver enzymes. That is why some people can get away with dosing Valium once per day while others have to dose several. You are not alone cans I also think while we taper these enzymes get turned off and on so things can change.

Also when you are taking more than one drug at a time - they can interact and cause a virtual "updose" of the drugs in your body because they are competing for similar enzymes in the liver to be netabolized by.

Selah

Thanks to okatz, river, moo and bets for answering my generic Valium question.  Do you think I might get more responses if I just wrote the board instead of a Valium support group?  Thank you.  Cross

cross you might. Although we are the folks on here who have had, unfortunately, lots of experience with valium.  ;)

You could start your own thread and see if you get more replies.

Good luck!

Okatz

Did anyone start to expirence  less symptoms as they tapered down.  I feel like since beginning my diazepam taper I don't have as many anxiety symptoms but more physical ones.  Also I'm doing 5 mg diazepam in 100ml of milk, and reducing 10% every two to three weeks, does that sound reasonable?

Thanks to okatz, river, moo and bets for answering my generic Valium question.  Do you think I might get more responses if I just wrote the board instead of a Valium support group?  Thank you.  Cross

Hi ct,

Have asked the pharmacist about the different generic valium strengths?

Sometimes the pharmacist can be very helpful when trying to find the right medication.

Hamm most of my truly rotten s/x greatly diminished as I approached 1 mg.

If you are having bad s/x you might try reducing 10% every month and see if that helps.

You might also consider daily reductions instead of cut and hold (I am assuming c & h is what you are doing). Daily reductions really saved my taper -- I found this method to be much easier on my body and brain. The information is in my signature.

Hope this helps.

Okatz

Okatz

Thanks for the reply .  I'm doing daily cuts at 1ml per day which is 0.05 mg /day .  Right now I've been holding for about a week since my symptoms were getting bad.  They're starting to lift a little, but they are still there and ever changing.  When I first started tapering Ativan before crossing to diazepam it seemed like my symptoms were mostly anxiety and depression, now they seem much more physical, heart palps, weird sensations, numbness.  It's all just bizarre. 

Hamm, holding a little longer might well help you. When I started doing daily cuts, I was surprised that the cuts caught up with me. But they do. I think most of us doing daily cuts incorporate holds. You just have to pay attention to your s/x. When they pile up and start getting bad for 2 or 3 days in a row, that's probably your body telling you it's time to hold for a bit.

It truly is a bizarre ride, this benzo reduction!

Hope things improve. :thumbsup:

Okatz

Thanks, okatz, I just might try that and see if I get a larger response. Cross

cross you might. Although we are the folks on here who have had, unfortunately, lots of experience with valium.  ;)

You could start your own thread and see if you get more replies.

Good luck!

Okatz

Hi mrtmeo, I have asked just a few pharmacists, got their opinions and amazingly they actually believe that all generics are the same. I gave up a long time ago trying to explain to doctors, pharmacists and consumers that that is not true.  People who think all generics are the same really have their heels dug in deep on the subject.  It's really too bad , since a lot of people would feel better if they just got their generics from a different manufacturer. Thanks for the idea, I do appreciate it. I do communicate a lot with pharmacists most know more than doctors, but there are some who won't help and have a standard line when you ask a question......."Ask your doctor".  As if.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Cross

Hi ct,

Have asked the pharmacist about the different generic valium strengths?

Sometimes the pharmacist can be very helpful when trying to find the right medication.

Hi Valium Buddies,

I am new here, but wondering if you all have some input about doing an Ativan to valium switch. I'd love your input. I know Ashton recommends it and I'm not sure if I should stick to tapering Ativan or do the switch. so any input would be greatly appreciated. do you guys recommend it based on your experiences? has it been easier to taper with valium than a shorter acting benzo like Ativan?

thanks

shan

Hi Valium Buddies,

I am new here, but wondering if you all have some input about doing an Ativan to valium switch. I'd love your input. I know Ashton recommends it and I'm not sure if I should stick to tapering Ativan or do the switch. so any input would be greatly appreciated. do you guys recommend it based on your experiences? has it been easier to taper with valium than a shorter acting benzo like Ativan?

thanks

shan

It really depends Shan. Some people find the switch a life-saver but for others it doesn't work.

It depends how badly interdose wd is biting

And then it depends on whether valium agrees with you, which you'll only know the answer to once you are switched over sadly.

How bad is the interdose wd?

Ok,so I just got my results from colonoscopy and it's little bit positive for infection :(

The doctor is on vacation so she will deal with it in 2 weeks. Not sure how ???

Well at least I am kind of getting used to Valium...

Ok,so I just got my results from colonoscopy and it's little bit positive for infection :(

The doctor is on vacation so she will deal with it in 2 weeks. Not sure how ???

Well at least I am kind of getting used to Valium...

kitten i had problems with infections in the colon so hope it`s not too bad mine still is not right! Any questions feel free to ask as i been there. And glad the valium is helping you~CD