Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I just wanted to point out that if he kept to his schedule . . .

OUR BUDDY JJROSK IS BENZO FREE!!!!!

Hi Okatz,

That is amazing, I hope I will be soon celebrating with you guys, I'm looking to be benzo free on 2015!!

mrt . . . I hope jj will post about it. He doesn't often log on anymore.  :(

Thanks for letting us know, okatz

btw, did u have or do u still have benzo belly?

mrt I'm not sure what people mean by benzo belly.  :-\ If they mean just a bloated belly, no. But I felt pretty urpy sicky  :sick: from time to time during my taper. Not so much anymore, knock on wood.

mrt I'm not sure what people mean by benzo belly.  :-\ If they mean just a bloated belly, no. But I felt pretty urpy sicky  :sick: from time to time during my taper. Not so much anymore, knock on wood.

Well, aren't you lucky to not have that symptom.

Are you going to taper off the gabapentin after the valium or are you doing it while tapering the valium?

mrt I tapered it down to 300 mg which I take at night. I think I'll wait and taper the remaining dose after I am off the V. It wasn't really that hard, but I am tired of fooling around with pills. It doesn't seem to be making me feel weird anymore, so I'll just wait on it.

kittensick:

As kgirl pointed out, I am still on both K and V. I was on such a high dose of K, that a direct C/O would make me take 200 mg of Valium! Needless to say, my pdoc did not think it was a good idea. For some reason, K keeps me awake and charged and Valium gets me a bit tired. But not at night. I'm wide awake then. :tickedoff: But I'm on 70 mg of Val and like I said before, Valium is not sleep inducing. This is my experience, as a continue to drop my K (now at .33 mg), I get more tired compared to when I was on a higher dose. So you may have to play around a bit. I know kgirl just added a tad of valium. But trust me. You are on day 10 of your C/O so you should feel sedated. Otherwise, I would think it strange. You say you feel just plain dumb. Can I join that club? I'm rather shocked that you are only getting $120/month in disability. I get $3,500. It pays the bills; barely as I have to pay rent and all of that other stuff.  Usually, in the US, your disability is based on what salary you were making when you applied. I think you get 40% of this. I was a semi exec at Disney when I applied, so you get the pix. This may not apply to your question about European Valium, as it is really another benzo, but may be passed off as European Valium. It is also called Mexican Valium, but is a date rape drug. Fwiw~~I've been on US brand V and Teva brand and never noticed the difference. But some might feel different from the fillers.

http://www.drugs.com/illicit/rohypnol.html

Hey Moo:

Yes, I chimed in with kittensick. I'm glad you dad is doing better but you seemed to have quite a nasty storm. I know what you mean about different cooking that you might feel is nothing much but across the ocean they think it is great. Mom whips up some Polish cooking for non-Polish friends which I am very used to and it is er, well, Boooooring! But everybody laps it up like it is French cuisine. I'm glad you are holding. I am just counting the days for you.....I also think Bennie and Clona are very close to being benzo free. Clona any day now, I think. Must look up her sig.  :smitten:

Hey Tex: Are you still in the medical supply business? If so, wait until we are off and then set fire to any package you see that is marked, benzos. :laugh: I guess we are lucky here in CT. Lots of good doctors here because people here can afford to pay for great, high priced insurance. If they have to pay out of pocket, it is chump change to them. I wish you had the same. I wouldn't want to see a Mexican doctor, despite being "overseen" by a US one (Sorry Clona if you are reading this). I had to LOL when you said, if "a GIRL suggested" alcohol. Stay well, my friend. :smitten:

Hey Snowy: Glad to see you were able to log in. I had troubles as well but noticed when I tried to log in as late as midnight I was able to do so. I really think it is a BB software issue, but I suppose if your computer isn't super charged and has used up a lot of memory that might cause a problem. Well, what do I know about computers anyway. Sorry today was a yuck day for you. Maybe tomorrow it will be a luck day for you. :thumbsup:

Hi carita

I am sure you have had this question asked before sorry if it's a repeat. But how did you end up with vaginal Valium?

How did you convince the doctor to do it that way? And how did you measure it - with syringes I am assuming from above.

Wonders never cease of the creativity of this group!

Blessings to you!

Selah

Selah,

I just saw this. Thank you for the blessings! Your question is a good one. I don't mind answering at all. I had pelvic pain and to deliver the medication to the painful area it was prescribed as a compounded cream for use vaginally. I measured out the dose with a syringe and applied it. I was told it would not cause systemic effects...ha! Unfortunately I now know the vaginal pain was actually induced by intermittent use of benzos...a tolerance symptom. Oh, if I only knew then what I know now. :sick:

I'm one week out today and have a been hit with an ugly group of symptoms. Nothing new but the intensity is greater than I've had in the past few months. I had hoped this would not happen as I tapered so slowly...but it is what it is. Time will heal. I'm just frustrated.

Best to you. Thank you for touching.

Carita :smitten:

Carita I am so sorry to hear this:

I'm one week out today and have a been hit with an ugly group of symptoms. Nothing new but the intensity is greater than I've had in the past few months.

Wishing you better days ahead.  :smitten:

Benzogirl,

I am bedridden since February 2012 and I applied for disability 3 times and I didn't think

they would deny me 3 times :tickedoff: Even my doctor was surprised since I am his most

disabled patient. I was suppose to get over $1,000/month there. Not sure why I didn't get

it. Maybe because I didn't have a lawyer ???

Anyway I had to fly back to Europe because living from nothing is not easy.

Here I got $120 so I guess better than nothing. They cannot give me more because I was

working in US and US is not in European Union. So my income doesn't count.

Anyway the worst is that I just dont function :(

Rohypnol-they don't make it here anymore because it got reputation of rape drug and

being highly addictive. So now we have Rivotril which is pretty much same thing just double strength  :idiot:

Diazepam. I don't know anybody who takes it here but I found out on internet that it works good

but maybe too good ???

Hi, just wondering if someone could support/help me? This is my story.

I am on a real cocktail of drugs including V.  I was on 15 mg of that and have cut down to 13mg in a month. I feel really bad and am bedbound. I notice kittensick is the same. It takes me all my strength to get up and get something to eat.

I rang a helpline here in the UK and the man (who had been working with people withdrawing from tranquillisers for 30  years ) said that it was common to be bedbound with this and also common to have thoughts of dying. I feel guilty for being in bed, but my body needs the rest. I did feel better when he said that those symptoms were common. I had been feeling that I was a lazy cow!!!

The helpline guy also said that I had been cutting too quickly. I told him that I was cutting 1mg a fortnight and he told me to cut 1mg per month. I feel I will be in bed forever!

I wanted to ask you guys on here about this. A 1mg cut all at once seems a sudden shock to the body. I was wondering if it would be better if I cut half a mg every two weeks. I don't understand all the titration stuff. It's just me and the tablets. I have tabs of 5mg and tabs of 2 mg so fairly easy to do.

What is your advice and will I ever get better? My boyfriend is very supportive most of the time except when he is very tired from work and having to support the whole household apart from my benefits. Thank you. Gilly. X

Benzogirl,

I am bedridden since February 2012 and I applied for disability 3 times and I didn't think

they would deny me 3 times :tickedoff: Even my doctor was surprised since I am his most

disabled patient. I was suppose to get over $1,000/month there. Not sure why I didn't get

it. Maybe because I didn't have a lawyer ???

Anyway I had to fly back to Europe because living from nothing is not easy.

Here I got $120 so I guess better than nothing. They cannot give me more because I was

working in US and US is not in European Union. So my income doesn't count.

Anyway the worst is that I just dont function :(

Rohypnol-they don't make it here anymore because it got reputation of rape drug and

being highly addictive. So now we have Rivotril which is pretty much same thing just double strength  :idiot:

Diazepam. I don't know anybody who takes it here but I found out on internet that it works good

but maybe too good ???

Kittensick:

Clona21 takes/took Rivotril. She just jumped today so you can find her on either KK or benzo free celebrations. You can also PM her. She is a very nice lady, from Mexico. I see she is online now. It is just another word for kpin. There are others on KK who are on Rivotril. It is 20X times stronger than Valium. That's what I am on. Sorry about that bundled disability. Being bedridden and denied 3X is simply not acceptable. How do you live on $120?? Rivotril/kpin can be a true beast. One of the worst out there. No, I guess we are not in the EU because we are not European. :D I really had no idea that you have been bedridden for three years. I'm so sorry for that. Seems you got slammed pretty good. When will it end? Sigh. I think maybe kgirl had some good advice is you cannot get stable on just Valium. Maybe make it a half and half combo. But I'd wait for a while since you are still in the middle of your C/O. Patience, my dear. I know it's hard but you will get there. I promise you this. Feel better, my friend. Today is church day for me so I will ask one of the pastors there to say a special prayer for you.

Just know that you are on my thoughts and prayers. You have been since you joined us here. You are not a complainer.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Bets

benzogirl,

thanks. I just sent her message. You say Klonopin is 20X stronger than Valium.

It might be and the dangerous part of it it feels like taking sugar pills for me that take anxiety away

until it builds up in my body and I don't want to do anything :( But to people I do look pretty normal

until they live with me and see that I spend most of the day in bed :idiot: The crazy about Rivotril

is when I tried to taper it :o :o :o Then I realized how strong it really is.

Well now trying to crossover to Valium and it makes me 20x more sedated than Klonopin did :idiot:

but I guess I have to do it and see how I feel just on Valium. If it won't work I will do something like

you said-maybe take 2 Klonopins and 10mg Valium and taper the Valium so I can somehow lower

those crazy pills ???

How do I live from $120? I really don't. I stay with friends so at least I don't pay rent...but how long can I go like this?

So you think Klonopin is the worst to get off? I've heard Xanax. I was lucky that I didn't tolerate that

one but I guess Klonopin is bad enough ???

kittensick:

As kgirl pointed out, I am still on both K and V. I was on such a high dose of K, that a direct C/O would make me take 200 mg of Valium! Needless to say, my pdoc did not think it was a good idea. For some reason, K keeps me awake and charged and Valium gets me a bit tired. But not at night. I'm wide awake then. :tickedoff: But I'm on 70 mg of Val and like I said before, Valium is not sleep inducing. This is my experience, as a continue to drop my K (now at .33 mg), I get more tired compared to when I was on a higher dose. So you may have to play around a bit. I know kgirl just added a tad of valium. But trust me. You are on day 10 of your C/O so you should feel sedated. Otherwise, I would think it strange. You say you feel just plain dumb. Can I join that club? I'm rather shocked that you are only getting $120/month in disability. I get $3,500. It pays the bills; barely as I have to pay rent and all of that other stuff.  Usually, in the US, your disability is based on what salary you were making when you applied. I think you get 40% of this. I was a semi exec at Disney when I applied, so you get the pix. This may not apply to your question about European Valium, as it is really another benzo, but may be passed off as European Valium. It is also called Mexican Valium, but is a date rape drug. Fwiw~~I've been on US brand V and Teva brand and never noticed the difference. But some might feel different from the fillers.

http://www.drugs.com/illicit/rohypnol.html

Hey Moo:

Yes, I chimed in with kittensick. I'm glad you dad is doing better but you seemed to have quite a nasty storm. I know what you mean about different cooking that you might feel is nothing much but across the ocean they think it is great. Mom whips up some Polish cooking for non-Polish friends which I am very used to and it is er, well, Boooooring! But everybody laps it up like it is French cuisine. I'm glad you are holding. I am just counting the days for you.....I also think Bennie and Clona are very close to being benzo free. Clona any day now, I think. Must look up her sig.  :smitten:

Hey Tex: Are you still in the medical supply business? If so, wait until we are off and then set fire to any package you see that is marked, benzos. :laugh: I guess we are lucky here in CT. Lots of good doctors here because people here can afford to pay for great, high priced insurance. If they have to pay out of pocket, it is chump change to them. I wish you had the same. I wouldn't want to see a Mexican doctor, despite being "overseen" by a US one (Sorry Clona if you are reading this). I had to LOL when you said, if "a GIRL suggested" alcohol. Stay well, my friend. :smitten:

Hey Snowy: Glad to see you were able to log in. I had troubles as well but noticed when I tried to log in as late as midnight I was able to do so. I really think it is a BB software issue, but I suppose if your computer isn't super charged and has used up a lot of memory that might cause a problem. Well, what do I know about computers anyway. Sorry today was a yuck day for you. Maybe tomorrow it will be a luck day for you. :thumbsup:

Benzogirl, not meaning to jump on in your thread. As you know i did a partial C/O like you did so figured i would put it out there for others.Went from 4mgs k and slowly added 45mgs valium. Down to .45mgs k in the am along with 15 mgs v ~ pm i take 30 mgs of v no k do not really feel the valium it`s insane and i agree for sleep valium is not really good i would say i may feel a bit more relaxed for 3 hours then the effect is gone. Having bad wave the last couple of days so Lord just trying to ride it out as i guess i have no choice but honestly one of the worst so far in my 11 month taper. So i hope this helps some of you and benzogirl count your blessings that your not going thru this ! ~ CD

Gilly,

sorry you are also bedridden. I am bedridden for ong time and I hate it since

I used to be very active person before  :-\ And now it's even worse. I am bedridden and mess

in head :-[ Before I was just lazy and everything took soo much effort but now I can't do almost

anything on my own. Well at least I am typing. I had days when I couldn't even focus on computer.

And I can't even watch TV :idiot: Just cannot focus on anything. One doctor told me I have ADD

but other doctor told me no way since I was straight A student. That it's from benzo and I have to

stop :(

I don't know what to tell you about Valium since I am trying to do second crossover and it's such

a hell. Nothing like the first one ??? But from what I remember when I got to lower dose like 20mg

I had to down slow.So I think just go like super slow.That's what I will do if I will make it on Valium. Did you function on higher doses?

Carita - thanks for your response!! Was thinking dosing that way would beceasiervthanbhaving to deal with stomach issues. But everybody is different and my doctor wouldn't go for that anyway.

Tex

The oranges and tomatoes you struggle with are most likely linked to histamine intolerance. Valium is an antihistamine - my dermatologist told me the prescribe it for hives of all things ! Shocking!

Also, it blocks the DAI enzyme that degrades histine.

Oranges and tomatoes are foods that release histamine into your blood. There are other foods too that do this and can increase your symptoms because of this.

There is a website called thelowhistaminwchef.com that has lots of info and recipes.

On the high carb thing. I  still trying to figure it out.

I know benzos mess up your carbohydrate metabolism and I think that is part of it. Possibly lack of digestive enzymes in my case as I am type 1 diabetic. Didn't have this problem before benzos but all bets are off now.

Could write volumes on blood sugar and cortisol issues related to the adrenals - but don't feel well right now.

Do you have lots of food sensitivities? I do and it's a struggle.

I think for my wife and kids has some low histamine probiotics he researched and takes. You could maybe check that out.

Gotta go.

Blessings

Selah

Hi all, soon I will be ready for a new RX of V.  I have read to use the same manufacturer throughout the taper if possible. I can't afford Roche so have to take generic. I would like some suggestions of the best V generic to take and especially the ones not to take. Bets, I think you said you had taken Roche and Teva, did you like Teva ok.  I know Teva has some good generics out there and some that are not so good.

I would be very appreciative if the members of anyone who has tapered V could share their experiences.  Then I will have time to start calling drugstores to see which generic they use. I know they usually just order the cheapest at the time but maybe I can find a small, friendly drugstore that will special order the same kind each time if I commit to only using them......I am such a dreamer.  I have this problem of thinking that everyone is kind and helpful, even though I have been proven wrong countless times. I have been accused of having my rose-colored glasses surgically attached.  :thumbsup

Selah, thanks for the histamine link, I didn't even know about the oranges and tomatoes.

Again, thanks to anyone who can share their good/bad V generics with me.  Cross

cross about this:

Then I will have time to start calling drugstores to see which generic they use. I know they usually just order the cheapest at the time but maybe I can find a small, friendly drugstore that will special order the same kind each time if I commit to only using them......I am such a dreamer.

I have used Teva all throughout my taper. I don't know if it is any better or any worse than others . . . but once I started using it I figured it was wise to stick with it.

And my (small but not so friendly) pharmacy has always been willing to fill my script with Teva. My doc writes it right on the script and the pharmacy also has it in my records. I've never had a problem. You can talk to your pharmacist and tell them that you want e.g. Teva and I bet they will accommodate you. After all, they want your business.  ;) I think Teva is such a common generic that it would not have to be special ordered.

Good luck!

Okatz

Hey Cross,

I use Watson generic brand and I get them from a small pharmacy in town. I had to call around for them and make sure that they always use the same brand.  They are excellent in my opinion. Teva is the most common, cvs uses them and mylan I have heard is the worst, cheap with lots of fillers that can cause headaches.

I've been taking Mylan since the start of my taper. I luckily do not have headaches as a taper xs.

IMO, it's what you're used to from the get go. I never wanted to switch once I was on my brand.

benzogirl,

thanks. I just sent her message. You say Klonopin is 20X stronger than Valium.

It might be and the dangerous part of it it feels like taking sugar pills for me that take anxiety away

until it builds up in my body and I don't want to do anything :( But to people I do look pretty normal

until they live with me and see that I spend most of the day in bed :idiot: The crazy about Rivotril

is when I tried to taper it :o :o :o Then I realized how strong it really is.

Well now trying to crossover to Valium and it makes me 20x more sedated than Klonopin did :idiot:

but I guess I have to do it and see how I feel just on Valium. If it won't work I will do something like

you said-maybe take 2 Klonopins and 10mg Valium and taper the Valium so I can somehow lower

those crazy pills ???

How do I live from $120? I really don't. I stay with friends so at least I don't pay rent...but how long can I go like this?

So you think Klonopin is the worst to get off? I've heard Xanax. I was lucky that I didn't tolerate that

one but I guess Klonopin is bad enough ???

Hi kittensick:

Yes, there is always a debate on which benzo is worse, kpin or xanax. I've taken both and from my personal experience, I find klonopin to be worse. It's just that it is a very tricky benzo.  Xanax, by any means, is also a disaster. That drug I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It is also not a good drug to taper from. I bold faced one of your sentence. Klonopin is 20X stronger than Valium. So is Xanax. So to get the correct equivalency, you have to substitute 1 mg of K to 20 mg of Valium. Just because you are taking 20 mg of Valium does not mean you are taking more benzos. It's those numbers that can fool you. Pls, don't pay attention to them. I have to keep reminding you that you  have to wait until your C/O is finished and then wait another few weeks before the sedation will wear off. I forgot to mention that can do is also on both. I'm sure he'll be happy to get a PM from you. However, he is having difficulties getting off the K, while I am not.

When you say sometimes you feel like you are taking sugar pills, which drug is it? V or K? If it is K, then you are probably tolerant to it. All three of us, kgirl, can do and me and taking a combo of both. If you feel uncomfortable with a total C/O, then you may want to think about taking both drugs. Less Valium and more K. But I  give you fair warning: klonopin is a true beast when it comes to insomnia. I think that's it's # 1 s/x. I had troubles with sleep for a long time, but as I got lower in my K dose, my sleep has returned for the most part. I can now usually get about 7.5 hours a night. I'll take that any day of the week! But if it were me (and it was me), I would wait a while before you make a decision to stay strictly on Valium or decide to take both. :)

can do: No bother jumping in. I'm glad to see you here. Yes, I do count my blessing every single day that this K taper has been rather easy. But I have my Valium to back me up. I guess you do as well. If you are only taking 30 mg of Valium at night, and the K in the morning, you may want to make a switch and take some K at night, and less of it in the morning. I'm sorry you have been going through a wave. I guess all of us were unable to log into BB for a while, so nobody really posted. What symptoms are you having? You say you just have to ride it out. That is so true. Benzos remind me of a tiger. Viscous and uncaring. That's why sometimes I log onto to YouTube and type in Jefferson Starship and the song, Ride the Tiger. You might want to listen to it. It is one of my favorite songs. Hang tough, pal. :thumbsup:

cross: I think Teva is a good drug. They are the largest pharmaceutical company in the world, based in Israel. Like Moo said, if you stick to  one brand you should be fine. Kazt also mentioned that Teva is so commonly used, that just about any pharmacy will carry it. I know the Teva brand is the mainstay of CVS. If not, any pharma can special order it for you. I'd steer clear of Mylan. I think River said the same thing about Mylan. The FDA is keeping a careful watch on them. I have been taking Teva now for 18 months, and I am doing well with it. Just continue to buy Teva, IMO. Good luck to you! :smitten:

Bets

Gilly,

There is some information missing in your signature, like how many years you were on diazepam and anything about the rest of your cocktail.

In the absence of other information, cutting 1 mg a month seems reasonable.

It's important to stay positive, you will most likely recover.

Anybody explode in anger. I know it's common. How do you calm down after? Can't get my adrenaline to stop. My interdose withdrawal stinks.

Selah