Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

benzogirl,

well I got divorced in 2010 ??? But this stupid WD make it feel like it happened yesterday :idiot:

And yes you are right while new on benzos it's easy to deal with the pain. It actually made me

move on with my life and see things more normal without the stupid emotions :idiot:

But I cannot take them forever-I wish. It's good your Ex gave you everything :thumbsup:

Mine didn't even give me a fork-just nothing >:( And he took my son  :'(

He said I will have no problem to find some billionaire :idiot: Yeah right years after and

I am homeless and keep moving from one friend to another :(

Anyway I am down to 0,75mg K and 15 Valium-still too sedated. I told my boyfriend I feel

dumb on those pills and he told me it's ok that he feels dumb even without pills. So I told

him well that's easier because you are used to it. I am not. Well I should just shut up :laugh:

Hi Kittensick,

Be strong,  kind of same thing happened to me, my divorce was in july 2014, I gave my all, because I was sick and couldn't go to court.

was a long legal battle, took me a lot money and either way I lost everything.  but now I appreciate the most important thing: health.  It is the greatest gift.  I though I'm going to be homeless but I found a good job and I'm getting better on Valium.

there is hope, !!  and BB Is the best thing, My insurance spent a lot money last year in many doctors, they don't care,  for 5 minutes consultation and test:  $ 3500,  what a thieves, the results: everything is OK.

BB is the best doctor for me!!!

Tex 

Hey Tex:

My dad was an internist and a good one. Unlike psychs, the good ones don't hand out meds like candy. I'm sure he will do a complete blood work on you. Might take 7 vials of blood, tho. :D Some people are able to drink, while others cannot. Ashton first said in her manual that occasional drinking is fine. But in her supplement she changed her mind and said no alcohol. I agree. I think alcohol is a weak benzo in liquid form. I don't ever plan to touch the stuff. I don't want to take the risk. Benzo w/d is good enough for me. I'm sure the blood work will come out just fine! I think earlier on you mentioned you were a veggie. Are you getting enough protein? My bro has been one since he was 16. But he eats fish. :)

Hi ya kittensick: I can't even remember the year I got the Big D I was so zoned out on benzos, but I think it was about 9 years ago. I still can't remember some of it. Sorry you didn't even get a fork. Also sorry you have to keep moving from place to place. But that means you have good friends, so that, at least, is good. Oh, don't you worry about the Valium. You are still doing a C/O so it will take some time before you feel less sedated, but you will. In the meantime, take advantage of naps cause you won't get them once you are no longer on K. I enjoyed every minute of my naps. I still can take them from time to time. And gratefully, they are not toxic. I hope you feel better sooner rather than later. :thumbsup:

:smitten:

Bets

Bets,

I'm sure your Dad was a good Doctor,  but now is hard to find one here in Houston,  all is $$$$$,  It's a machine to make money,

they just like people with insurance,  If you don't have insurance you have to go to see a Mexican doctor without license to practice here in USA,under a supervision of  a "Medical Director" doctor$$$. 

the business is booming people came from all over the world.  I know because I was in the Medical Supplies business,  that made sick too.  every day I was dealing with sick people,  listen all the horrid stories and all possible conditions,  but I don't recall talked to a Benzo  patient. 

Hugs

Tex

:smitten: :smitten:

Benzogirl,

yes it's good. From my experience my friends were able to deal with my WDs for 6 months,

then I had to move somewhere else and another 6 months,... ???

Anyway I just contacted my friend who was taking care of me when I was doing crossover

to Valium before and yes he said I wasn't that much sedated ???

So what's up with this European Diazepam?? :idiot: I feel completely sedated,confused

but like not good sedated. I just feel dumb ???

Texfernand,

sorry you lost everything too. Yes you are right health is everything. I guess when I was healthy

I wouldn't worry about the money that much.. But disabled $120/month is challenging.

Yeah I had great job before getting sick 70K and only 29 years old and not from US.

But now I can't work.. I can't even drive. Completely dependent on people around me  :(

And insurance - I couldn't get after losing job because they don't pay mental health care unless

working :idiot: So I spent all my money on trying to taper my pills and still on them :-[

My V-family,

It looks like you guys can get on here with little trouble. Sheesh!! After trying 24x (I counted) this morning, I'm finally here (I hope).

I must have internet issues in addition to whatever was happening on BB.

I am hoping you are all well. Moooooooooooo, where ARE you, girlfriend?

OKatz, just ... I LOVE you.

Bets, Ty for your note.

To be honest, today is YUCK for me physically and in my circumstances, so I can't remember the new peoples' names. But WELCOME!!

Tex, you sound good!! I'm so glad!!

Bart, no one ... NO ONE ... Gives me more hope than you do. But I think allllll the way down, I will struggle with "slow." It is KILLING me. I keep considering a CT. It's just my personality. I want OFF. But you have given such good counsel. How can we possibly thank you for sticking around?

We have a lot of lightning  here ... My lights just blinked. I've got to go for now.

Wait!!! Builder!!! Where ARE you?? You are my inspiration. Come bacccckkkk!

Love,

Snow ❄️

Checking in real quick, too.

( hey Snowy)

There is a real bad storm here . They just said int he news it's the worst since 1910 or something.

Trees uprooted and roofs coming down and stuff.

It's now seemingly getting a bit calmer. But it's cold. And I don't like this weather at all...when you can hear the wind whistling around the house,

Other than that I'm not too, too bad, really.

:thumbsup:

Everyone , keep on going ... :smitten:

Bart,

I google ETOH,  seems is like alcohol ?  what exactly is etoh? 

do you workout every day now?  and before during your taper? 

I'm glad you are doing great, that give me hope. 

Tex

EtOH is the medical/chemical abbreviation for alcohol (ethanol).

Bart,

I google ETOH,  seems is like alcohol ?  what exactly is etoh? 

do you workout every day now?  and before during your taper? 

I'm glad you are doing great, that give me hope. 

Tex

EtOH is the medical/chemical abbreviation for alcohol (ethanol).

Builder,

Thanks,  seems like Bart is drinking alcohol,  a funny doctor told me that most of the regular people cop the stress with social alcohol and sports and some with sex.  he said after finished Valium, star with occasional beer or wine, but a sleep doctor told me that wine is the worst for sleeping,  beer is less harmful,  my sister married a German guy, she lives in Munich, He drinks every day beer and he takes his supplements too. like water.    I was not fan of alcohol before, only in few parties or if a Girl  suggested.  but no a daily drinker, and I think I never drink alcohol alone. 

but now, I'm considering, I have some friends they drink socially every weekend,  but they don't get drunk, just enough to chat and have some jokes.  most of them get together with spouses and family.  and all of them are healthy,  I'm supposed to be the healthier, no drinks, no smoking,good food,    darn!!!!!  wtf !!!!!

any way.

I'm getting better duh!

Tex the lone wolf

:idiot: :idiot: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Tex,

I'm looking forward to the day when I can once again enjoy a nice glass or two of red wine.

Right now if I try it I will be wound up for days afterward. The only thing I drink once in a while is German non-alcoholic beer. It tastes good but without the kick!

Hope your well my friend, you do sound pretty good and your advise is helping so many here.

You are a good man.  :thumbsup:

Take care now.

ATU

Oh that reminds me of my doctor when she was first trying to scare me because I was couple months on Klonopin. She told me you cannot take this forever it's same like drinking alcohol!!

Actually after she told me that I felt much better. I thought OK everybody is drinking alcohol so

I will just take pills and I will be fine. What a mistake!!! :'(

I don't even know one person who is soo messed up from alcohol like I am from pills :(

Everybody is drinking and they are fine. I take pills and fight for life :(

Tex,

I'm looking forward to the day when I can once again enjoy a nice glass or two of red wine.

Right now if I try it I will be wound up for days afterward. The only thing I drink once in a while is German non-alcoholic beer. It tastes good but without the kick!

Hope your well my friend, you do sound pretty good and your advise is helping so many here.

Take care now.

ATU

Same here, ATU... I have no desire for alcohol. But I used to love a nice glass of red wine while cooking. I'm too chicken to try and perhaps Jinx it. So I'm going to make sure I'm all "normal " again before even taking some sips. ( oh and yeah, I don't even cook much these days  >:D)

Hope you're doing better than the last few days.

:hug:

Seriously I don't know if I can do this anymore :( I feel soo sedated,confused,mentally off

that I don't even know what to do :-[ I think I don't have WD symptoms but that Diazepam

makes me way more messed up than Klonopin. I thought I was dysfunctional but now I am

even more :( I was taking Roche Valium before but I don't think it was making me this sedated.

Is it possible that these generic are like 5 times stronger? ???

Seriously I don't know if I can do this anymore :( I feel soo sedated,confused,mentally off

that I don't even know what to do :-[ I think I don't have WD symptoms but that Diazepam

makes me way more messed up than Klonopin. I thought I was dysfunctional but now I am

even more :( I was taking Roche Valium before but I don't think it was making me this sedated.

Is it possible that these generic are like 5 times stronger? ???

Heya,

I think it's more to do with the cross over than the brand.

For as far as I can tell from the boards here, IF people complain about the kind of pill they get, it's about getting a generic and not the actual brand.

How long has it been now since you started crossing ?

I know I've felt like you describe for at least a few weeks and then resumed a taper. The mentally off feeling lasted a bit longer for me personally but has gotten way better the lower I went.

It's not a happy drug, Valium  >:(

Hang in there, Kitten... It'll be ok.

Try and accept it for now ( I know, easier said than done, believe me ) as a part of your journey.. :-\

:smitten:

Tex,

Take care now.

ATU

Atu,

Great Idea,  "German non-alcoholic beer. It tastes good but without the kick!" , Im going to look for that here in Houston, at list my friends won't insist me to drink beer,  I don't know why all the parties and reunions need to be with alcohol??

Well,  I liked Rum and tequila,  but  I don't like the hung over,  so I drank few times with friends  when I was young.

but seems like a beer once in while is healthy. ???

Moooooo,

How are you doing?    how is your Dad doing? 

Kittensick:

Keep fighting for your full recovery my friend, good job!!!!

Tex the Lone Ranger

:idiot: :idiot:    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Lone Ranger!  :laugh:

You're no Lone Ranger here... You're among many fellow benzo Rangers.

Dad is okay today. From the fall, that is. Thank you for asking. The storms here have been scary, trees uprooted and on the highways and all sorts of stuff flying around. So we stayed in an played some games and I cooked a nice dinner for my parents.

That's the fun part about being " home " in two countries...: you can cook something real simple from the other country and people love it.  >:D because they've never had it before.

I had a pretty okay day, apart from feeling sad for some reason and just kind of....pondering lots.

Thinking it also has to do with " now what "?

I am still holding for a bit longer. I feel I should not cut right now. Too much in my mind.. :-\

But hey... Compared to some people, I really shouldn't complain .

I also don't get waybill parties need to involve alcohol and that you're considered a party pooper when you don't drink. I mean..does it make it less fun for people when *I* don't drink ?  ???

Have a good one , Tex. happy weekend.

Moodle,

today is 10th day of crossover. I am down to half Klonopin 0,75mg and 15mg Valium.

I think this is the strongest benzo I ever took :o And I thought Diazepam would be

less sedating than Klonopin >:( It's just hell :(

Moodle,

today is 10th day of crossover. I am down to half Klonopin 0,75mg and 15mg Valium.

I think this is the strongest benzo I ever took :o And I thought Diazepam would be

less sedating than Klonopin >:( It's just hell :(

Alright, so yeah..that makes sense that you're feeling this way.

It can sure make you feel like a mess, a zombie.

I remember standing in front of my fridge, wanting to make something to eat, but I could NOT for the life of me figure out how.

Or I'd walk into a room, forgetting what I was doing. Bumping into stuff.

But a bit after crossing over the sedated feeling left . And it's like that for most people.

Many, if not most, have had this sedated feeling.

It gets better, it really will. :smitten:

moodle,

ok that might be but from what I remember before I wasn't like this when I tried first time.

They did crossover to 25mg not 30mg that Ashton Manual says.

I see you did crossover to 15mg. I am thinking maybe trying lower dose since I am only 85lbs? ???

I can't even imagine going to 30mg/day if I am already sedated like this :(

What dose of Ativan were you taking? Thanks

Kittensick there is another option  - there are a few people who take klonopin plus the valium - I know Bets here is one of them as is Can Do.  I just take a small amt of Valium as did Ellen (see her blog).  We are all tapering the klonopin 1st and then will do the Valium.  For me the Valium did not agree with me after I did the full cross over and I did wait to 'feel better' and never did.  I then did a slow cross over back to  the klonopin  and I left in 2 mg of Valium.  You don't know until you try but if you want to and your doctor will write for both you may want to stick with some klonopin and Valium - taper your klonopin and deal with the Valium later.  If you can't take the Valium at all you can slowly go back to the klonopin.  You need to do what works for you. 

My V-family,

It looks like you guys can get on here with little trouble. Sheesh!! After trying 24x (I counted) this morning, I'm finally here (I hope).

Bets, Ty for your note.

To be honest, today is YUCK for me physically and in my circumstances, so I can't remember the new peoples' names. But WELCOME!!

Bart, no one ... NO ONE ... Gives me more hope than you do. But I think allllll the way down, I will struggle with "slow." It is KILLING me. I keep considering a CT. It's just my personality. I want OFF. But you have given such good counsel. How can we possibly thank you for sticking around?

We have a lot of lightning  here ... My lights just blinked. I've got to go for now.

Love,

Snow ❄️

Hi snow,

I have been in the yuck all week.  I am looking forward to stabilizing soon.

Kgirl10,

that's kind of what I was thinking if the crossover won't work. I really wish it does but

I am doing this so I can be little functional on Valium because it worked for me before.

I felt Librium and Valium as less sedating and made me more functional but not sure

what is going on with this Euro Diazepam? I feel like I am taking Xanax and not Valium ???

Sorry-Xanax with long half life :(

moodle,

ok that might be but from what I remember before I wasn't like this when I tried first time.

They did crossover to 25mg not 30mg that Ashton Manual says.

I see you did crossover to 15mg. I am thinking maybe trying lower dose since I am only 85lbs? ???

I can't even imagine going to 30mg/day if I am already sedated like this :(

What dose of Ativan were you taking? Thanks

It was kind of different for me, Kitten. I updosed considerably and didn't go by the equivalent becaus of that.

I came from 4 mgr Ativan ( lorazepam ) and tapered uninformed and way too quick per dr. advice.

In less than three months to 0.75 mgr.

Then I found bb and crossed over to Valium but to 15 mgr . This should have been 7.5 mgr according to Ashton schedule. And I would have. But I was in pretty bad shape from too much cutting and really had to go back to a dose where I was able to function at least minimally. I couldn't do much on my own anymore.

Some people do not tolerate the Valium but IMO it's too early to tell. It doesn't seem to make you sick xs wise? But the sedation is your biggest worry?

Maybe Betsy will chime in ( hi Bets  :smitten:) on the K and V together? I couldn't tell you..

But I've seen this many many times on here , where people doubt if it is " normal " to feel like this. All I can tell you is that many have had this feeling and I find myself in what you describe, as well.

Whichever would be right for you will eventually sort it self out...

You think the euro diazepam is different ?  ???

My V-family,

Bets, Ty for your note.

Love,

Snow ❄️

Hi snow,

I have been in the yuck all week.  I am looking forward to stabilizing soon.

Sorry to hear things haven't improved yet, Arcade ...

I hope you'll find relief soon.

I just wanted to point out that if he kept to his schedule . . .

OUR BUDDY JJROSK IS BENZO FREE!!!!!

That is amazing!!!!!!

JJ, if you log on,let us know?

I'm dying to hear you're FREE!!!

Carita last week, now you! Smiff, Katz, Kiddo and moi following you closely.

You've come a long way, JJ  :hug: