Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

[62...]

Moodle, so sorry to hear this:

My ( elderly) dad took a bad fall today . Mom and I weren't home and he passed out while trying to fix something. He hit his head badly and his ribs hurt. :-\

I might not be logging on as much or posting much for the time being . Back soon.

We'll see you when you get back here!  :smitten:

Moo,

So sorry to read of your father's injury.

Take good care.

Hugs,

Marija

Bets I actually found it! LOL Now I have to figure out how to apply it to my .8 mg day dose or you said I was on slightly more than .8. Thanks for the good info.

Important question now am I cutting .01 per day or .001? If I were to cut .01 it would take the 80 days you mentioned. If it is .001 it will take 270 days or so. Which is correct?

Moo

I am awfully sorry about your father. My Dad RIP broke his hips. One then another. It was horrible. Get well soon Moo's Dad.

Me too Moo. So sorry.

My v-friends... I have been unable to login since Friday (Saturday?). I apologize for anything I've missed ... I'm gonna do some READING right now; I have no idea how you all are. I thought the website was down, but it looks like you guys got in, so maybe I was blocked??? I have no idea what's happening, but I wanted to pop in and send love and HEALING to you all. I'll catch up with you when I'm caught up on what I've missed.

If I don't show up, I've been mysteriously kicked out again somehow.

Love!!

Snow

My ( elderly) dad took a bad fall today . Mom and I weren't home and he passed out while trying to fix something. He hit his head badly and his ribs hurt. :-\

I might not be logging on as much or posting much for the time being . Back soon.

Moo,

I'm sorry to heard that you  dad fell,  I hope he will recover soon, how terrible would be there and see how he is suffering,  But I's good to be there and see how strong he is.  Hope your mom make some soup for you and your dad.  My mom used to say soup heal everything.

Hugs

Tex

My v-friends... I have been unable to login since Friday (Saturday?). I apologize for anything I've missed ... I'm gonna do some READING right now; I have no idea how you all are. I thought the website was down, but it looks like you guys got in, so maybe I was blocked??? I have no idea what's happening, but I wanted to pop in and send love and HEALING to you all. I'll catch up with you when I'm caught up on what I've missed.

If I don't show up, I've been mysteriously kicked out again somehow.

Love!!

Snow

Snow,

I haven't been able to log in all day. The server was out I guess.

I know Moo couldn't log in either so Canada and NL were both effected by whatever happened.??

It's late here now so I will just say good night to all and best wishes for a peaceful day tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

:smitten:

ATU

BB site down here.  Now that it is up want to thank those who responded to my crossover Valium question.  Good to know that the depression should go away and also the fatigue.  Will write more but I have to do laundry and pack for a trip I am not looking forward to.  Tomorrow we go to a Willie Nelson concert but I am only going because I can't disappoint my husband, the man is a prince.  I am so fortunate and grateful to have such a loving, supportive husband. 

So, I look forward to being a part of this giving group and hope I will be able to give back as time goes on. I do have so many questions, so you will be hearing from me.  Again, I am so grateful for your responses.  Thank you. Cross

Hey v-ers. I haven't been able to access this site either. It was down for me for a day and a half. Wish we knew what was going on. It's getting to be pretty aggravating. :(

Hope everyone is well.

Oh good! It works! ;D

And I thought it was only here in Europe :laugh:

Depression and fatigue will go away on Valium? Good :P

My crossover is going well,almost no WD but my brain is soo sedated

that I can't almost think :idiot:

And I am back to sleeping 14 hours/day :idiot:

Well that means less hours of suffering during day so I guess that's good ???

Well, phew Snowy and guys! I thought I would have to buy another computer. I couldn't figure out why I could not access BB, but yet, access other sites. I'm glad it is fixed.  :thumbsup:

Moo: I hope when you read this, your dad is better. So sorry about his fall.  :'( At least you were home, but not "at home." I think your eyes are playing tricks on you. Mine did so at the very beginning of my taper. My eye sight went to heck (vision wise), and then when I got a lot lower in my dose it has returned, tho sometimes I get hit by a mini wave and the sight goes bad again, only to returned a few hours later. Wishing you strength!

Hey Mo: I think I answered your question on other medications. But I have to question. Why were you so intent on reading my post about dry micro tapering (Instructions) when you were already doing so???

jp: A lot of people here already gave you some pretty good advice. But I'll just add in my 2 cents. I plan on micro tapering from the very beginning. Using both pills and liquid V. I figured out the math (or shall I say builder did), and I found I could drop the same amount every two weeks that I would do with cut and hold. And boy, do I have a lot to taper from! I think this will be a lot easier on my body. I felt the same way while I was dropping my K with dry daily micro doses. I also agree with Moo: 1 mg is too rich for me. I play the safety net rule and make sure to not drop any more than 5% every 14 days.

Snowy my snowy: How are you doing today, my friend? Now that we are back online. I didn't have the opportunity to ask you yesterday. I guess neither did you and a lot of us. Every time I look at our membership, it seems to have grown by leaps and bounds. More than half the names I don't even recognize. Heck, I didn't even recognize Moodle and others here when she joined. But good old buddies from the older days have long quit this site. I miss them. But builder is a main stay. Thank God for that.

kittensick: Yes, I sure was on a boatload of Xanax. And it didn't even bother me. I even eventually go very very bad I/D W/D. But I started at a low dose and then my pdoc worked my way up, as I didn't know it was addictive. I think I am GABA starved. But I know when I was given pheno in place of it, I just couldn't stand that drug. It made me feel sick and off balance. I couldn't even think. I say no to pheno!

cross: You've gotten a lot of good responses here. I didn't even feel the sedation when I did a partial C/O from kpin to val. I did it so gradually that it took me about five months. I also continued to drop my K while doing the C/O. I know what you mean by feeling straight lined. I felt the same way when I was on my full dose of K. I figured if I went to the hospital I would end up in a morgue. The sedation will pass, like others have told you. Val, yes, can cause depression in some people but I am fine on it. I wonder if those people have a predisposition for it while not even knowing it?

Carita: Does it feel weird not reaching for a pill? I wonder how I will feel psychologically about that.

(((((Tex?))))))

Cheers to all!

Bets because I wasn't doing it right. Please tell me. Is it. 01 predator? Not. 001 per day right? TY. Server was down all day and night yesterday.

Mo

Hi All,

I have been having increased symptoms since Monday morning so I'll be holding at 1.8ml for awhile until this subsides.  Not much else I can do except to continue to cope through this.  It seems the mornings are the worst and then I am fine in the evening.  Mainly 4am minor cortisol rush and then the chemical anxiety for most of the morning with some minor nausea, dizziness and body feeling sick.  The good news is I can still get out to walk, bike at night and do some weight training.  :)

The head pressure has not returned....knock on wood!!....LOL!

Benzogirl,

I never ever increased my dose because I think it's just going nowhere but this crossover

and tapering is not easy either :( I was kind of ok in morning but now I am really anxious

and depressed about my divorce and losing my child that my BF is getting really sick of me :-\

He told me he has heard about this hundred times all over again. Well I know :idiot::(

Hi All,

I have been having increased symptoms since Monday morning so I'll be holding at 1.8ml for awhile until this subsides.  Not much else I can do except to continue to cope through this.  It seems the mornings are the worst and then I am fine in the evening.  Mainly 4am minor cortisol rush and then the chemical anxiety for most of the morning with some minor nausea, dizziness and body feeling sick.  The good news is I can still get out to walk, bike at night and do some weight training.  :)

The head pressure has not returned....knock on wood!!....LOL!

I knocked on a big-*ss peace of wood for you, just now.  :thumbsup:

It'll probably decrease again after holding for a bit. It's always worked for me.

It'll pass....

Try and distract yourself as good as you can. Some days that's just not that easy but it is key, IMO.

Ugh, hearing you on the chemical anxiety and shaky mornings.

Hope you'll get relief soon

Bets...you asked about feelings around not dosing? It is GRAND!!!! You will be there too. One day at a time.

Sending love and hope to all,

Carita :smitten:

Bets...you asked about feelings around not dosing? It is GRAND!!!! You will be there too. One day at a time.

Sending love and hope to all,

Carita :smitten:

Did it make you nervous at all?

When I read your post just now, I got all giddy..  ;D

Moo...yes, I was nervous. I did lots of self talk....you can do this...you have been through many tough times....you are strong and resourceful....you've done a very sensible taper. I was ready to move on.

It feels so good not to measure a dose. So far nothing more difficult than the taper has come. I am deeply grateful. I need to have a goodbye ritual for my basket of paraphernalia!

Moo...how is your father?

Thank you for asking about the final dose. You will join me...we will all celebrate together!

Love,

Carita    :smitten:

Moo...yes, I was nervous. I did lots of self talk....you can do this...you have been through many tough times....you are strong and resourceful....you've done a very sensible taper. I was ready to move on.

It feels so good not to measure a dose. So far nothing more difficult than the taper has come. I am deeply grateful. I need to have a goodbye ritual for my basket of paraphernalia!

Thank you for asking about the final dose. You will join me...we will all celebrate together!

Love,

Yes! Some sort of ritual burning of the paraphernalia ... :thumbsup:

I'm planning on that as well. I think it'll be good to close it like that.

you DID do all that. And you ARE all that... :smitten:

I'm just going to say I'm sure it'll be healing and healing and healing all the way now for you...

And lots of self care, a treat here and there..

You've finally made it. And you can be proud to have overcome this long journey.

Soon... Soon, I'll join you. Maybe we should ALL meet up and make a bonfire in front of Big Pharma headquarters and toss in our syringes, jars, cylinders, tubes, whatever  :laugh:

Dad is doing better tonight. His ribs hurt a bit still but his headache seems okay now. I think he was very shaken from the fall, also because it made him realize there are many things he can't do anymore and that's sad. Thank you for asking.. :smitten:

It's 8:15 pm here by now. I forgot what it's like to have daylight till well past 10:15 pm.

We got,to end way too late ! But that's okay, since the evening is always my better time of day.

Hope yours is a good one.

Bets,

How are you doing? , The site was down,  I couldn't login for a day, I was reading all the post, I'm glad new people came and  got help from BB,  Moo It's a great help, and  ATU and the others are good in answer questions,  I'll have to return the favor and try to help people too. 

seems that we all are different, We have different symptoms plus some of us have some real problems, 

I'm not longer have acid re flux,  at list is under control, 

I asked many times if someone has problems with low sugar,  but seems that nobody has that problem.

when I'm no eating for few hours, I got pretty bad symptoms,  I cant be without food for more than 4 hours.

Hope someone chime in.

Have a great Day Sweet Bets.

Tex.

Bets,

How are you doing? , The site was down,  I couldn't login for a day, I was reading all the post, I'm glad new people came and  got help from BB,  Moo It's a great help, and  ATU and the others are good in answer questions,  I'll have to return the favor and try to help people too. 

seems that we all are different, We have different symptoms plus some of us have some real problems, 

I'm not longer have acid re flux,  at list is under control, 

I asked many times if someone has problems with low sugar,  but seems that nobody has that problem.

when I'm no eating for few hours, I got pretty bad symptoms,  I cant be without food for more than 4 hours.

Hope someone chime in.

Have a great Day Sweet Bets.

Tex.

Hey Texie!

I have no answer for blood sugar stuff but I wanted to say hi ...

:hug:

Hi tex!

I have problems with not eating. For me it has nothing to do with low blood sugar as I check my blood sugar all the time. I think it may have to do with how the carbs are broken down and get into your brain. I am having to eat high carbs at the moment. My teeth are a mess. It clears my brain fog and gives me energy. But it's a mission. I notice when I hold for a few days it goes away.

I think it may be linked to seratonin or dopamine. Not sure.

I know that Dr. Brown stein who is a longtime diabetic and became a doctor because nobody believed the research he had done on himself - anyway he said that even if you swallows a handful of rocks your stomach would produce neurotransmitters. Due to the cells reaction in the stomach.

I know flip rain and staffygirl had to eat high carbs to make brain fog go away but I get the other crummy stuff too. Also the carbs help take away my anxiety. No clue why. Have only seen a couple others like this. I don't know if it's some vitamin or mineral deficiency or canduda or what but it stinks!

I dose 3 times. Day and have to eat all day long. I try not to eat on either side of my dose but afternoons are hard. Would love to know the answers!

Blessings

Selah

[62...]

Love,

Carita,

You sound strong and joyful!!!

Thank you, thank you for staying around and spreading your words of encouragement!

💗 Marija

Tex, about this:

Have you always been like this or has it just happened during your taper?

I've always tended towards the hypoglycemic and during my taper it has gotten worse. I felt so darned crummy between meals about a year ago (weak, weird in my head) that I bought blood glucose monitoring equipment and began to test my blood sugar between meals. It was pretty low . . . so I just added a snack between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner and things tested normal. I just have to remember to have those snacks! No more feeling weak and weirdness in the head.

Maybe if you try something simple like having a healthy snack between meals (raisins and almonds work for me . . . or a yogurt) that will make a difference.

Glad you got rid of the acid reflux . . . that must have been a bear!

Hope things improve,

Okatz

Hi tex!

I have problems with not eating. For me it has nothing to do with low blood sugar as I check my blood sugar all the time. I think it may have to do with how the carbs are broken down and get into your brain. I am having to eat high carbs at the moment. My teeth are a mess. It clears my brain fog and gives me energy. But it's a mission. I notice when I hold for a few days it goes away.

I think it may be linked to seratonin or dopamine. Not sure.

I know that Dr. Brown stein who is a longtime diabetic and became a doctor because nobody believed the research he had done on himself - anyway he said that even if you swallows a handful of rocks your stomach would produce neurotransmitters. Due to the cells reaction in the stomach.

I know flip rain and staffygirl had to eat high carbs to make brain fog go away but I get the other crummy stuff too. Also the carbs help take away my anxiety. No clue why. Have only seen a couple others like this. I don't know if it's some vitamin or mineral deficiency or canduda or what but it stinks!

I dose 3 times. Day and have to eat all day long. I try not to eat on either side of my dose but afternoons are hard. Would love to know the answers!

Blessings

Selah

Selah,

That is right , I have to eat carbs, like beans or rice, apple pie,  to feel  normal, my blood sugar is almost fine , but when It's goes little lower like 101  It start  the anxiety,  thanks  to my aunt, because her husband is diabetic, she told me to carry  Peanut crackers, 

a endocrinologist told me that I'm not a diabetic,  but that I have a  problem in my stomach that empty quick, sometimes when you drink too much water  with out anything, I drink water with Mango juice, just a little  no to produce burps. 

I would like to know more about Dr Brown.  Tomatoes and orange  make me sick.

Okatz,

Hi,  I  was always a workaholic,  I used to skip meals,  then when my stomach hurt or my brain was fog, I went to eat like crazy,  but not panic attack.    I  messed my Gut and I got a very bad acid re flux, or ulcers,  My stomach hurt and I had a heartburn,  and then one year and 5 months ago, the infamous 14  Feb  2014,  I got a serious panic  attack at Walmart,  they gave  injected ativan,  I slept like a baby in the hospital,  then release the next day,  my doctor said I  had H pylori, He gave me 2 weeks of strong antibiotics,    that killed my stomach flora, then I start  eating every 2 hours, lost 15 pound, I got to  145 lb.    now I'm fat  174.  my normal was 160 lbs always.  last year I was very hypoglycemic,  now I can hold up to 4 hours without eat, but better is every 3 hours,  Yes I snack. 

Food make a lot of difference in my Benzo deal.  and the tinnitus is getting worse when I'm hungry.

But Selah is right some enzymes or something is not working fine in broken down the carbs or minerals. 

My doctor told me that  Benzo slow the digestion and the food became poison , 

did you eat first then take your  V pills ? 

Tex

Hi Moooooooooooooooooooooooooo  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

did you eat first then take your  V pills ? 

Yes, Tex I always took my valium just after eating. When I was dosing several times a day it just worked out like that . . . I was on the road eating my lunch and taking my V. Probably not the best way to do it but at least it was consistent.

Now that I dose 1 x  day I take my vodka/water/valium with breakfast. The Breakfast of Champions, right?  :laugh:

And my tinnitus gets worse when I am hungry, too!