Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Ok 5th day crossover to Valium and I already feel kind of very sedated ???

How am I going to feel on 30mg Valium? :D

Kind of very very sedated ? ;)

Most people feel increased sedation of zombie-ish when crossing over. I was stepping on my own feet. For many, this effect wears off in a few weeks. ..

Yeah exactly like very very sedated :idiot:

I know it's much better than being psychotic and suicidal. That's for sure!

Well I wish I feel good sedated but it's like I am half brain dead ??? telling him to

wake up!!! :laugh: But doesn't work  :D

Ok few weeks-I am trying to be patient ;D

Few weeks after I am done with crossover? ::)

Yeah exactly like very very sedated :idiot:

I know it's much better than being psychotic and suicidal. That's for sure!

Well I wish I feel good sedated but it's like I am half brain dead ??? telling him to

wake up!!! :laugh: But doesn't work  :D

Ok few weeks-I am trying to be patient ;D

Few weeks after I am done with crossover? ::)

I know... It's better than psychotic feeling. It was the same for me...I felt relief from the inter dose withdrawal I had on Ativan and crazy anxiety . But the sedation wasn't pretty. I hated that stoner feeling. Like I couldn't make myself a sandwich because I'd kind of wander off into space halfway through the process.

Most people report a lessening of sedation in a few weeks, yes.

:smitten:

Yes that's exactly what it is! :laugh: Sandwich? Too complicated :o:) I made myself a yoghurt! :thumbsup::laugh:

Well done! That's quite the accomplishment. ;D

Moodle,

how much Ativan were you taking? :)

I am supposed to switch to 30mg Valium. Looks like a lot! :o

4 mgr.

Were you on 3 mgr Ativan ,then?

I did taper my Ativan already ( way too quick, it's how I landed here ) before crossing over so I ended up taking 15 mgr Valium after crossing.

Ok,thanks :)

That means you should have switched to like 30mg Valium right?

Were you ok on just 15mg?

I am thinking maybe to crossover to only 25mg V but not sure if it will be enough ???

Ok,thanks :)

That means you should have switched to like 30mg Valium right?

Were you ok on just 15mg?

I am thinking maybe to crossover to only 25mg V but not sure if it will be enough ???

4 mgr Ativan is equal to 40 mgr Valium.

I tapered from 4 mgr Ativan to 0.75 in less than 3 months, which was way too quick and father u informed but I had no idea.

It was horrendous.

At 0.75 I was at the end of my rope. Found bb and crossed over to 15 mgr Valium.

In fact 0.75 Ativan is 7.5 Valium. But that was simply not possible for me. I was too far gone after having cut too quick and had to up dose.

Well I can even imagine. My doctor tapered me from 1,5mg Klonopin to 0 in 6 months.

It was the worst thing I had to go through and for nothing :idiot:

Good that Valium saved you :thumbsup:

Hey my Tex: Good for you for making that trip to Dallas in one piece! And no more thoughts about ER visits. You are healing, buddy! Now your daughter can take over the doggies for you. I'm sure you are happy to see her at home. :thumbsup:

My noodle: I'm sorry you got hit by a bad wave.  :'( Weakness, anxiety, sweats or freezing do not sound nice. I think you are almost halfway through your vacation, right? I'm not going to worry about the OJ because I drink it every morning and don't notice anything different. Just waiting for that bag of salt to arrive. I ordered it the same day as others did, and they got it already and Amazon said mine would not arrive until Friday. What, do I live in the Arctic Circle? I hope you feel better soon! I will look at your blog and hope to see some pixs!  :) 1.25 mg!!!! Holy Cow is right!

Carita: So glad you are doing well. I can't wait to be where you are. I always get hope when I see one of the BBs finally being benzo free! You go gal!

Kitten sick: You will make out just fine on your C/O. I did feel sedation at first, but then it goes away. I am on 70 mg and still standing! Unfortunately, it is not a kick butt sleeper compared to Ativan.

Everyone have a great V-er day! It's super hot here and you can cut the humidity with a knife, but still I'm planning to go to the Y. I hope I don't collapse.

:smitten: :smitten:

Bets

Hey my Tex: Good for you for making that trip to Dallas in one piece! And no more thoughts about ER visits. You are healing, buddy! Now your daughter can take over the doggies for you. I'm sure you are happy to see her at home. :thumbsup:

My noodle: I'm sorry you got hit by a bad wave.  :'( Weakness, anxiety, sweats or freezing do not sound nice. I think you are almost halfway through your vacation, right? I'm not going to worry about the OJ because I drink it every morning and don't notice anything different. Just waiting for that bag of salt to arrive. I ordered it the same day as others did, and they got it already and Amazon said mine would not arrive until Friday. What, do I live in the Arctic Circle? I hope you feel better soon! I will look at your blog and hope to see some pixs!  :) 1.25 mg!!!! Holy Cow is right!

Carita: So glad you are doing well. I can't wait to be where you are. I always get hope when I see one of the BBs finally being benzo free! You go gal!

Kitten sick: You will make out just fine on your C/O. I did feel sedation at first, but then it goes away. I am on 70 mg and still standing! Unfortunately, it is not a kick butt sleeper compared to Ativan.

Everyone have a great V-er day! It's super hot here and you can cut the humidity with a knife, but still I'm planning to go to the Y. I hope I don't collapse.

Bets

Hey Bets,

Thanks for your message :smitten:

I'm not getting all that, fortunately. I was explaining to Kitten that I used to get that, that I know those symptoms.

I don't feel well today,though.

Etown is at 1.25 so I commented on that. He came a long way, too.  :thumbsup:

Today I'm at 0.675 ! Whoot....  :sick:

Sorry your weather stinks. Humidity is the devil . I hate that kind of sticky weather.

I'm not half way yet. We are staying quite long this summer. Didn't know how I was going to be doing. Today I'm glad I don't have to fly. I don't think I would have ,Betsy Wetsy ( >:D)

Enjoy the Y. Or at least : good for you to go.

Benzogirl,

70mg I wouldn't be standing :D I think I am just too sedated and it's only 5mg Valium :idiot:

Maybe it's because I am so small-85lbs ???

I hope this will go away... I thought I was sedated on Klonopin but now I am more :-\

Moodle,

It is so awesome how far you are in this.

.675mg!

I would have never thought etown would be that low this early.

I wonder if his liver flush a couple years ago is helping him get thru faster?

Moo,

.675 Wow! That's great!

Good to hear you are doing and feeling so well.

I'm getting by for now but dealing with much lethargy and nausea.

It will pass, it always does.  :thumbsup:

ATU

Moodle,

.675mg!

I don't know Meo.

I'm thinking on researching that once I'm off for a while and it's all out of my system.

Thank you for the support.

Doing kind of crummy right now. I think that cut hit me . Even though it's just such a little bit. :-\

Doing my best to hang in there tonight.

Hope your mom is a bit better. I realize just now that I didn't reply to your former post about he liquid , the oil. How is it going now?

Moo,

.675 Wow! That's great!

ATU

Thanks ATU. I'm not feeling so well right now. Lot of anxiety and not able to keep my head straight.

But proud of still crawling along. It was by accident, that I cut, as you know.

Have you cut recently ? Is that why you feel crummy?

What about ginger tea? Does that help you with nausea?

I despise it but it does work.

I hope you'll be out of this spot again soon.

Moodle,

.675mg!

I don't know Meo.

I'm thinking on researching that once I'm off for a while and it's all out of my system.

Thank you for the support.

Doing kind of crummy right now. I think that cut hit me . Even though it's just such a little bit. :-\

Doing my best to hang in there tonight.

Hope your mom is a bit better. I realize just now that I didn't reply to your former post about he liquid , the oil. How is it going now?

I am so sorry you are getting hit so hard.

Once we get below the 1mg v, cuts definitely, hit harder and faster.

Instead of cutting .01 per day for 5 days, I had to cut .005 for 8 days.

I am not going to bother with titration at this point, but for some, this would help the taper go smoother.

My mom is at .19mg, I might not be able to cut .04mg per month and will have to do .03mg.

Holding longer can always help.

Moo,

.675 Wow! That's great!

ATU

Thanks ATU. I'm not feeling so well right now. Lot of anxiety and not able to keep my head straight.

But proud of still crawling along. It was by accident, that I cut, as you know.

Have you cut recently ? Is that why you feel crummy?

What about ginger tea? Does that help you with nausea?

I despise it but it does work.

I hope you'll be out of this spot again soon.

Moo,

I am still doing a cut and hold. I can't handle the daily taper thing after trying it twice.

So I am in my hold right now after my last cut. I was feeling quite good up until today. Yesterday I was was very active cleaning out the Dryer vents and working on some other household odd jobs. This morning I got up had breakfast and went out yo cut the the lawns and wash off the porch.

After all that I started feeling tired and nauseated. I was up very late last night but by design to listen to Art Bell on Tunedin radio. He was having a 2 hour test program. It started at midnight here do I was up till around 2 am.

I'm sure this will pass. I have had nausea before.

By the way I love Ginger. I am taking it as well as my Apple Cyder Vinegar with honey. :)

I know your cut was by mistake but you will be fine in a short amount of time. Your doing so good and I feel like such a Nancy every time I feel lousy.

Your my inspiration!  ;)

ATU

I had nasty nausea this morning with some time on the toilet.  Also felt heavy all over like I was wearing a steel jacket.  It all went away at 3pm today.  Weird how quickly it went away.  I have very minor dizziness but heading out for a walk anyway after supper tonight.

I took the cocktail last night but it didn't work.  I'll keep trying.  I was going to blame my mini wave this morning on the cocktail but I highly doubt that caused my wave.  Just a coincidence.

ATU, about this:

I feel like such a Nancy every time I feel lousy.

You are NOT a Nancy!! Sometimes we just feel plain old crappy on our tapers. Look at all you did yesterday . . . sheesh! I'm sad to hear that you are feeling bad today.

(btw my name must have been Nancy for over 2 years . . .  :-\  Still is now and then.)

arcade, you've got a great attitude . . . try that adrenal cocktail again! Sorry for your bout of, erm, digestive distress.

Arcade: I think your positive mindset will keep you in good steed. I don't want to have an on-going relationship with the terlet so now I am worried if I should take the cocktail: Pls let us know how it goes for you tonight.

My Moo:

Sorry, I read you post too fast this am. But now you got hit. Feeling crummy is well, crummy. My you! At .675 mg! Do you plan to do the vapor caper?

kittensick: I think I could probably take 150 mg and feel fine. Since I was on such a large dose of K, my C/O to Valium was done very gradually. It took me about five, six months, tho I still had a bunch of K to back me up, as I only did a partial C/O. The K kept we wide awake. Go figure. The transition was so gradual that I didn't even notice it. And I continued to drop my K while doing the val C/O. But pls don't plan on V to be a knock out benzo. I take 30 mg at night and it does nothing to help me sleep. :tickedoff: Nothing!!

Bets

Thank you Bets. So far so good! Wishing you well,

Carita :smitten:

ATU, about this:

I feel like such a Nancy every time I feel lousy.

You are NOT a Nancy!! Sometimes we just feel plain old crappy on our tapers. Look at all you did yesterday . . . sheesh! I'm sad to hear that you are feeling bad today.

(btw my name must have been Nancy for over 2 years . . .  :-\  Still is now and then.)

arcade, you've got a great attitude . . . try that adrenal cocktail again! Sorry for your bout of, erm, digestive distress.

Okatz,

Your always there to cheer me up! Your such a sweetheart!

I started feeling better after I had a bit of quiet time. Sometimes these crazy sxs crop up, like dizziness, nausea, head pressure, light & sound sensativity etc. then disappear almost as suddenly as they arose.

I know I'm inching my way to 2 mg. and I will inch my way down till I'm done.

Thank you for always being there!  :thumbsup:

:smitten::hug:

ATU ( Nancy ) 😉