Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Bets,

Welcome to the adrenal cocktail lounge.  :)

Thanks Arcade: I never even heard of it until I read it here. But I have a question: Snow mentioned that she drinks it every morning and every night. Should I do the same? I don't get spikes in the am but lately, I wake up a lot during the night. :'( Not quality sleep at all.

Bets

Bets,

Yes, every morning, every night. In five days or so, you should see a NOTICEABLE difference! By the way, etown (our own superman) does this too!!

You're healing your adrenals with this. In fact, they recommend you drink this even during the day if you feel anxious. I promise, this has changed my benzo-withdrawal LIFE. I was waking every day at 4 am with cortisol rushes every 10 minutes for an hour and a half. Now? Nothing.

Snow ❄️

Could we please move on from this ?

It's cool.

I'd like the thread to be as it was , maybe people who stayed away will return , with all their invaluable information and experience. If we keep arguing here on non Valium related stuff, it ain't gonna happen.

There are lots of new people here too , who need info and support .

Whatever I said wasn't said with bad intend and I am over what anyone else said.

That's my two cents on it.

Now...please.. On to regular programming  ;D ( pretty please ?)

Bets,

Thanks Arcade: I never even heard of it until I read it here. But I have a question: Snow mentioned that she drinks it every morning and every night. Should I do the same? I don't get spikes in the am but lately, I wake up a lot during the night. :'( Not quality sleep at all.

Bets

Bets,

Yes, every morning, every night. In five days or so, you should see a NOTICEABLE difference! By the way, etown (our own superman) does this too!!

Snow ❄️

We should get you a cape, E!

:laugh:

It's cool.

I'd like the thread to be as it was , maybe people who stayed away will return , with all their invaluable information and experience. If we keep arguing here on non Valium related stuff, it ain't gonna happen.

Whatever I said wasn't said with bad intend and I am over what anyone else said.

I couldn't agree more, girlfriend!!

America misses you, by the way!! I hope things are going well, and I hope "NBD" is real for you!!

Love,

Snow ❄️

It's cool.

I couldn't agree more, girlfriend!!

America misses you, by the way!! I hope things are going well, and I hope "NBD" is real for you!!

Love,

Snow ❄️

Hey ❄️❄️❄️

NBD it is.

America misses me ? Hmmm, are you sure ?  :laugh:

I don't want to be lame but right now it's not mutual. I'm about to ask the home front to send my clothes here and I'd be juuuuust fine . I just missed being home.

But need to be back in time for the start of school .

( I do miss my friends , Starbucks and the scent of the pine and eucalyptus trees surrounding the house ).

I don't have to miss you guys, thanks to Steve Jobs :smitten:

Bets,

Bets

Bets,

You're healing your adrenals with this. In fact, they recommend you drink this even during the day if you feel anxious. I promise, this has changed my benzo-withdrawal LIFE. I was waking every day at 4 am with cortisol rushes every 10 minutes for an hour and a half. Now? Nothing.

Snow ❄️

Thanks so much Snow. I will begin drinking it as soon as I wake up and then before I go to bed. I will probably need more of it when I get lower in my taper. You gave Moo such great advice about what to take for her cold, so I would be super stupid to ignore you! I can find other ways to be stupid. I just can't wait for that package from Amazon to arrive. You say it will take five days for me to notice a change? Well, that's OK. Five days is nothing compared to the benzo taper!! Thank you so much for pointing this out to many of us here. I doubt anyone else would have thought of it. We're lucky you are here with us! :smitten: :smitten:

Bets

You know what? I have a question, to my friends here that know me.

Are all these veiled references to conflict directed at me, and I'm too "duh" to read between the lines? I'm a straight-shooter, black and white, no shades of gray.

If I've created a problem, someone please speak up. I would dearly appreciate it. If necessary, I will apologize. But at this point, I know that I was trying to address a problem with my comments, and perhaps call to note the fact that we are all here to support (not criticize) each other.

Someone please speak up if I've created a problem. I am more than happy to apologize if necessary. I thought all of this was behind us (at long last), and I had returned to my "home" thread.

Am I missing some veiled criticism? Because I can handle it, if you guys are upset with me. Give it to me STRAIGHT, please. I don't read between the lines, as a life practice.

Thanks so much; I do love you guys, and I always, always have your back.

Snow❄️

Bets,

Bets

Bets,

Snow ❄️

Thanks so much Snow. I will begin drinking it as soon as I wake up and then before I go to bed. I will probably need more of it when I get lower in my taper. You gave Moo such great advice about what to take for her cold, so I would be super stupid to ignore you! I can find other ways to be stupid. I just can't wait for that package from Amazon to arrive. You say it will take five days for me to notice a change? Well, that's OK. Five days is nothing compared to the benzo taper!! Thank you so much for pointing this out to many of us here. I doubt anyone else would have thought of it. We're lucky you are here with us! :smitten: :smitten:

Bets

No, honey, I don't think it will take five days. I think it will take one or two. But it was five days for me before I BELIEVED it was real, and it truly never came back. It was one or two days before my sleep issues "seemed" resolved. It was 5 days before I trusted it!

Snow❄️

Bets I know. I was upset in w/d Hell. I apologized a lot. I thought we could move on from this. I just felt hurt at the time. And lost. Hard to feel like you are losing your BB friends and lifeline.

Hope you are all well today.

Hey Mo:

Like Moo said, back to regular programming!!!!! :thumbsup:

Are all these veiled references to conflict directed at me, and I'm too "duh" to read between the lines? I'm a straight-shooter, black and white, no shades of gray.

If I've created a problem, someone please speak up. I would dearly appreciate it. If necessary, I will apologize. But at this point, I know that I was trying to address a problem with my comments, and perhaps call to note the fact that we are all here to support (not criticize) each other.

Someone please speak up if I've created a problem. I am more than happy to apologize if necessary. I thought all of this was behind us (at long last), and I had returned to my "home" thread.

Am I missing some veiled criticism? Because I can handle it, if you guys are upset with me. Give it to me STRAIGHT, please. I don't read between the lines, as a life practice.

Snow❄️

Nope, there isn't a problem, Snowy. Not for as far as I am concerned. I don't think you created a problem and I don't think there isn't a between the lines.

Glad to have you back here. :thumbsup:

NBD for everyone !  :)

Thanks Snow! I just can't wait for my snail mail. I have the other stuff already. And no, it's not you, that issue from the past has long been resolved and forgotten. :thumbsup: Like Moo said, it's back to regular programming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snow❄️

Nope, there isn't a problem, Snowy. Not for as far as I am concerned. I don't think you created a problem and I don't think there isn't a between the lines.

Glad to have you back here. :thumbsup:

NBD for everyone !  :)

Sending you huge amounts of Dutch love, mooooo.

Snow ❄️

Thanks Snow! I just can't wait for my snail mail. I have the other stuff already. And no, it's not you, that issue from the past has long been resolved and forgotten. :thumbsup: Like Moo said, it's back to regular programming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bets:

❤️

Love,

Snow ❄️

[0a...]

My dear friend Carita,

I'm so proud of you.  I remember waaaaay back when you kindly offered your support to me amidst your own suffering.  It is a grand day today.  You have much to rejoice in today and the rest..👌

Love always, S❤️❤️❤️❤️

Bets:

❤️

Love,

Snow ❄️

Snowy:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Luv you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bets,

Thanks Arcade: I never even heard of it until I read it here. But I have a question: someone here mentioned that they drink it every morning and every night. Should I do the same? I don't get spikes in the am but lately, I wake up a lot during the night. :'( Not quality sleep at all.

Bets

I am not sure bets.  I am new to the adrenal cocktail also.  I'll drink it just in the morning for awhile and see what happens.

I guess I'll first try it out and drink it before bed, then see what happens. Thank you Arcade. I guess we have opposite problems.

Bets

It'll help sleep through the night, I hope.

I'm thinking its a reason I don't feel as shaky and adrenalin-ish right after waking.

I could not find the Appel juice in a cocktail either, Arcade. Sorry.

But maybe you could send a pm to Etown, he might know. He is the one who let me know about this last year.

Thanks noodles and snow for checking.  I'll use apple juice :).

Bets,

The lower dosages have been tough for me for some reason.  I do a daily cut but it seems more like a symptom based taper. We'll see what my body says so I am not sure when I'll be jumping.  I have been in a window since yesterday and enjoying the moment.  Taking a bike ride tonight.

arcade about this:

The lower dosages have been tough for me for some reason.

Many buddies have said that the low doses are quite challenging, so you're not alone in experiencing this. I found that my s/x got better under 1 mg. They have not gone away completely but they are so much better. I still get a bit of crappiness from time to time, but nothing like earlier in my taper.

You're doing great!

arcade about this:

The lower dosages have been tough for me for some reason.

Many buddies have said that the low doses are quite challenging, so you're not alone in experiencing this. I found that my s/x got better under 1 mg. They have not gone away completely but they are so much better. I still get a bit of crappiness from time to time, but nothing like earlier in my taper.

You're doing great!

Thanks Katz! 

At the very low doses I was shocked to find how slow I needed to go and how much holding I needed to do in order to keep symptoms at bay. I suspect others are able to go a lot faster at the end. Builder was able to jump at .5mg and do well. We're all different. I never really worried about my slowness because I knew I was continuing to heal and felt pretty well.

Bart

At the very low doses I was shocked to find how slow I needed to go and how much holding I needed to do in order to keep symptoms at bay. I suspect others are able to go a lot faster at the end. Builder was able to jump at .5mg and do well. We're all different. I never really worried about my slowness because I knew I was continuing to heal and felt pretty well.

Bart

Thanks for your input Bart.  I am going to be very careful towards the end here and listen to my body.  It is good knowing we heal on the way down.  I hope to have enough gaba when I jump so the acute phase won't be so bad.

Bets,

The lower dosages have been tough for me for some reason.  I do a daily cut but it seems more like a symptom based taper. We'll see what my body says so I am not sure when I'll be jumping.  I have been in a window since yesterday and enjoying the moment.  Taking a bike ride tonight.

Hi Arcade:

I was doing fine on my drop from 6.5 mg of K until I hit the wall at .625 mg ( I C/Oed to 70 mg Valium. Originally on 10 mg of K) . Then I got a bad case of the benzo flu so I started a dry micro taper. That went really well for me~~I micro cut 12 days out of 14~~, then when I hit .35 mg, I got some bad symptoms. So then pdoc told me to hold four days out of 14 days and I'm feeling much better. So I guess many of us have to take it slower toward the end. I still can't get rid of that darned insomnia. So maybe if you take it a bit slower your symptoms might ease up. Well, at least you are going for a bike ride! That's really terrific!! Me, I'm planning to watch a re-run of Star Trek. :crazy: (at least it's the original series). But hey, I did make it to the Y today.

:)

Bets

My mom has been on the new valium mix with almond oil a few days now, and her worst symptom is back.

Bad panick attacks when going to the bathroom.

I don't know if it is the almond formulation is not as strong or if it is just a coincidence but this symptom was gone for months. She is at .19mg holding 8 days now.

Not sure if she should ride it out thru the hold, hold longer than 18 days or updose to .20mg.