Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Moodle and Challis thanks for the words, but there is something very wrong. It is obvious to most doctors. So please don't tell me that daily fever plus all of my other symptoms are just from withdrawal. They are not. Some are perhaps. You are both sounding like dismissive doctors!  I would appreciate some soft support in this if I could get it. And of course to trust that I know what I am talking about.

If by some odd, slim, unlikely chance I am wrong, which I am not, I will eat my words.

I am very sick. I know you can't see me    8)    :sick:

but if you could, you wouldn't chalk it up to withdrawal.

I wish that were the case here. Believe me.

Mo

Mo,

It's not clear to me why you keep looking for help on this thread, as you are not tapering Valium. I know that I've kept my distance because so many here have spent hours of their time offering you support. I've been struggling alone here, without posting for help, because you regularly seem to have a new emergency requesting urgent attention.

Challis and moo have, in my opinion, been very generous and kind to you, and of course no one here is a medical doctor, so everyone does the best they can. You are asking for soft support? They have given you thoughtful, loving, helpful support.

In my opinion, if you keep complaining about what people say to you, they will eventually stop trying.

Maybe you're not finding the support you want here because none of us are on your medication. This is the Valium thread.

In any case, please stop complaining about my friends. They've given you sooooo very much of themselves.

Snow

Mozart this is hardly fair to Moodle and Challis:

You are both sounding like dismissive doctors!

They both took the time to write long, thoughtful posts to you. Did you read them carefully, as Challis urged you to? Did you think about what they said? Perhaps it is you who is being dismissive.

Okatz

Thanks mr

Only need 2 doses, No taper this time.

Mo,

Are they giving you prednisone to bring down inflammation?

Moodle and Challis thanks for the words, but there is something very wrong. It is obvious to most doctors. So please don't tell me that daily fever plus all of my other symptoms are just from withdrawal. They are not. Some are perhaps. You are both sounding like dismissive doctors!  I would appreciate some soft support in this if I could get it. And of course to trust that I know what I am talking about.

If by some odd, slim, unlikely chance I am wrong, which I am not, I will eat my words.

I am very sick. I know you can't see me    8)    :sick:

but if you could, you wouldn't chalk it up to withdrawal.

I wish that were the case here. Believe me.

Mo

::)

Okay, Mo.

I think I'm done opening my iPad, reading what's going on with you that day and do my best to support you. Try and relate. Try to comfort .

Did it ever occur to you that people are staying away here because the thread is hogged by things that have nothing to do with Valium tapers, for which people need support but stop posting cause it's all a bit much ?

We aren't doctors here and can not give you medical advice .  For which you're repeatedly asking. All we can do is share what we know ourselves but it's just never enough or right.

If I post and don't get the exact answer I wanted, I certainly don't blame it on anyone but I'm grateful someone took the time to reply . I just say thanks and move on. >:(

I'd be happy to help in any way I can But Insulting people on here who spend their time replying to you... Alright. I'll zip it.

FWIW: I think Klonopin questions should be posted on the Klonopin support group. We aren't tapering K here.

And since none of your questions here seem to be answered to your satisfaction, maybe post those on the Other Medication board?

If I sound pissed off, that is probably cause I am. And that's not an easy task to accomplish.

We are ALL sick here.

mrtmeo about this:

I remember you mentioning that you had the picky crotch area symptom a long time ago, if I remember correctly?

I'm giggling.

No, it wasn't the, um, crotch . . . but I did have a pretty painful tailbone a while ago . . . and sitting was, er, challenging. I still have some of those symptoms, alas. Neurontin relieved a lot of the discomfort -- the part of that rotten syndrome that was neuropathic. I recall Saga and I trading bony butt stories on her blog. Ai yi, that WAS a long time ago!

Yes, I remember that, Katz.

You said to go see a PT after I developed tailbone pain, too, although I never got it to the extend you did, that I goodness.  That was a nasty one.

After sitting I could not get up. I was able to sit down but not get up .

I'm glad this isn't the case anymore. I also recall you and Saga trading butt stories.

And me and Steve as well ( hey Steve) but in another fashion.  ;D

Good times  :sick:

Thanks Benzogirl, Moodle and OreganKatz for you input - I am taking a good probiotic and I will look into the Mouth Guard if this persists. I just wish the upturn of anxiety from the Z-pak would resolve - it's really intense and I haven't been able to cut.

Basha

Hope it'll pass for you, soon. It's very painful.

For me it just....went away. It came back a few times. But the guard helped me a lot.

:smitten:

BB friends. I respect every one of you including Moo and Challis. I want to know how people in the past have handled surgeries, steroids, etc while in withdrawal. Certainly people have had to face these things.  I have seen people post many questions like that before. Like problems with anibiotics, etc. This is no different.

I was not meaning that as an insult Moo or anyone. You can't hear inflection with typing that's one of the problems. As a nervous person with PTSD I apologize if I say the wrong things. That's not what I meant to do.

Unfortunately I AM in a medical upheaval that I never asked for or imagined and while in w/d it is incredibly harder.

You are all my friends and I am reaching out for others experiences with this particular thing.

I am in the Valium group because I was on Ashton for quite some time. I may end my taper crossing over. Valium is still in my system.

I have terrible w/d sx and BB is my lifeline and support.

Love to all of you.

Mo

Mozart this is hardly fair to Moodle and Challis:

You are both sounding like dismissive doctors!

They both took the time to write long, thoughtful posts to you. Did you read them carefully, as Challis urged you to? Did you think about what they said? Perhaps it is you who is being dismissive.

Okatz

I think Mozart's reply was a bit emotional, which should be fine. People should be free to ask for advice without following any advice that is given.

Mozart,

You once had an allergic reaction to contrast. Is there a different kind of contrast you can take that may be safe ?

It was emotional liberty. I felt hurt as well by the posts. But I answered in a pretty benign way I thought. It wasn't meant to insult.  I am reaching out as others do asking the same advice as others about medications and withdrawals as I have seen numerous times. One of my BB friends posted and said they hoped it didn't sound like a criticism. It did. That doesn't mean we can't communicate to each other about it.

Please understand. I am in terrible w/d. It has as much to do with V as it does K. This is my home here. People don't always understand each other even at home.

I am in a crisis including the harsh w/d. It is urgent and scary. I really want to know how people have handled this situation, how it went for them, how it effected their w/d, etc. Someone has got to have faced needing to take harsh steroids, having surgery or anything like that during harsh w/d?

Liberty no, they won't do the contrast unless I take the steroids. Horrible problem. There was supposed to be a safer contrast but they said some are still allergic to it.

Mozart, just an idea maybe see if they can give you the safer contrast and if you do have a reaction to it then ask if they can give you something to shop the reaction ? Make sence?

Mozart, I agree with what Moo said here:

FWIW: I think Klonopin questions should be posted on the Klonopin support group. We aren't tapering K here.

And since none of your questions here seem to be answered to your satisfaction, maybe post those on the Other Medication board?

You will get answers to your Klonopin concerns on the K Klub thread. Most of us here do not know anything about K. We're valium taperers.

And if you post your meds questions on Other Medications you will get many more eyes than ours seeing them.

It's pretty sad when past and present Valium taperers avoid this thread. And, it's even worse when new people are turned off by all the "non" Valium tapering related posts. :idiot:

Oh well all good things come to an end. 8)

Over and out :thumbsup:

etown

Hey Snow: I know you disappear from time to time. I understand that. You usually don't post your problems here.  Neither do I. I know for sure that I will try and answer any questions that you ask. So post away, my friend! Just because someone here hogs this thread doesn't mean you should leave. I know Chal and Moo have been of good help here with great opinions, but so have I. I can't manage the countless hours I have spent replying to them, only to be ignored. The same exact thing happened to me on KK; that's why I left it for good. But Mozart is being very emotional now, as she has so much on her plate right now. Partially due to herself. I find you to be a really terrific person, and very helpful. But like you, I just don't like it when someone picks on my friends. I read Chal's link to her response on KK, and I agree. This forum does not have the scope or knowledge to help her here. She just needs on ground help at this point. I won't even mention what Prednisone does for me. Take care, my friend. :)

My Moo:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: you wonderful lady! :)

Mozart: I am sorry you have to take steroids. But look at it this way, you only have to take two doses. I think what Moo said in an earlier post and what Chal's response was, makes much sense to me. So if they can't find another way to do a contrast, then you have to take your medicine. I know it sounds hard for you, but maybe it won't be that bad. You have a lot of anticipatory and health anxiety. Those are very common in w/d, just like Moo mentioned. They will pass, I can assure you of this. But as we have all told you repeatedly: Stick with one benzo and the right dose and then become stable. IMO, since you have been doing this and that and this and that, you might take a long time to stabilize. I once mentioned earlier on that I suspected you would C/O back to kpin, and your reply was no way! But you did, didn't you? See, by your posts I think most of us have a good idea of what your next decision will be. I know you meant no harm to Chal and Moo, but I believe it hurt them to read it. I know it would hurt me. Moo is far away in another country, suffering in pain, yet she manages to post to you every day. I really admire her a lot. A lot. She should just stay off BB and enjoy herself! I would just make the best of it with that steroid and before you know it you next procedure will be over with. I truly hope it's your last one; as you have had so many done already. This causes both stress on your mind and your body. I told you many times before that I didn't think the K would work for you anymore, but yet you took it. It's very difficult for us when we cannot find the right answers for you. Liberty was right, we all have an option to disregard opinions offered here. But when they are ignored all of the time, then I think many of us want to give up. I am so sorry you are in pain. I think many of us here have kept you our first priority, but there are many other people suffering who think they will be ignored of their own situation because most of the replies have been made to you. See, this is an open forum: That means it is open to everybody, and they all deserve our responses. Especially here on Valium. Just do the best you can. We will continue to be here for you, at least some of us. STABILIZE, DISTRACT, STABILIZE, DISTRACT!!!! You know I will be thinking of you, but I also think about the others here who are suffering. I pray for the lot of them. One in all. Not just you. Take care and maybe the idea of posting on other medications and KK might help you get the answers that you so desire. But at this point, I think your doctors need to really take over. And doctor shopping because you don't like the first doctor's response to you is not a good idea, IMO. Do you want to be labeled as doctor shopping? You are already labeled an opiate addict. You don't want to add to that file: also being non compliant. Other doctors do not want to see a patient who is non compliant. Just know that I care for you but this is the only way I believe you will understand. I can find no other words at this point. Luv you, Bets

Oh Katz:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

etown: same here! :thumbsup:

Benzogirl - you seem wise and kind. You say stabilize and distract. I try, but can't seem to accomplish either. I just get more symptoms and my mind can't focus. Does it ever get better?

I'm kind of tired of all the drama on the thread, but keep hoping for help with benzo withdrawal.

MirandaJane

Bets I understand. I hope you remember I only switched to rule out fever from Valium. Believe me I didn't want to switch. I hate it. From what I understand I can pick up the c/o at any point again from whatever dose I am on is that correct?

don't want this to be happening. In w/d this neurosis has gotten worse on top of being so sick. I care about everyone on here. I do NOT expect to be treated as the only one suffering. I hope you will all try to understand and guide me through despite all of this. This is my home and lifeline

Moo don't. turn off your IPad.

I certainly don't want to be doctor shopping. I am torn between the two. That isn't my intent. I asked her to remove the opiate thing. she said it's on there as part of my past history. Hopefully she will modify it to add "cold turkey from oxycodone August 2014

I feel for and care about everyone here and what everyone goes through.

I decided to slow my taper to .015ml reduction per day.  .02ml per day was catching up to me.

I have a question for the daily taper friends.  I just want to get a feel for the symptoms you deal with and what calls for a slow down or a hold.

When I consider myself good to continue my daily taper I am not 100% symptoms free.  I have maybe some minor head fog and minor scalp tension that comes and goes.  Very minor dizziness in morning but it goes away as the day goes on.  When I find that my symptoms are increasing it feels like I have a heavy head.  I call it "lead head"...LOL!!  I also have an increase in nausea and dizziness with pins and needles on my skin and sleep issues.  At this point I decide to hold until these subside.  Does this sound normal?  I just want to get a feel on what other people consider symptoms to continue the taper and when to hold.

My coping skills are a million times better compared to the beginning of this benzo mess.

MirandaJane,

By what increments do you cut?

Could it be that you've cut too large or quick for your body ?

I'm wondering ..how did you feel when you started your taper ?

It took me awhile to get stable in Valium, too. And then I started a daily taper and did a whole lot better.

Used to get the weirdest symptoms, one after the other, and yes..it got better. Much better.

Also, are you dosing your Valium just at night ?

I decided to slow my taper to .015ml reduction per day.  .02ml per day was catching up to me.

I have a question for the daily taper friends.  I just want to get a feel for the symptoms you deal with and what calls for a slow down or a hold.

When I consider myself good to continue my daily taper I am not 100% symptoms free.  I have maybe some minor head fog and minor scalp tension that comes and goes.  Very minor dizziness in morning but it goes away as the day goes on.  When I find that my symptoms are increasing it feels like I have a heavy head.  I call it "lead head"...LOL!!  I also have an increase in nausea and dizziness with pins and needles on my skin and sleep issues.  At this point I decide to hold until these subside.  Does this sound normal?  I just want to get a feel on what other people consider symptoms to continue the taper and when to hold.

My coping skills are a million times better compared to the beginning of this benzo mess.  When my wife freaks out over the smallest things, I just shake my head...LOL!!  :D

Hi, daily tapered here ( although I'm now holding more often as my dose is so low, I need to take it easy ).

I can relate to the lead head. With the nausea . And vertigo has been my companion daily during this proces.

I think it will be worth holding for a few days and see if that gives you some relief.

When I get increased or new xs, I held. Usually, the head pressure and tinnitus would increase and would decrease again after holding a few extra days.

I think it's very personal what xs you get and what your signs are. Mine could be vertigo and another person gets headaches or nausea..

I also feel a bit better as the day goes on.

My mornings used to be real bad but are much improved, on lower dosage .

It all sounds " normal " to me, yes.

I'm not ever really symptoms free. Maybe just for a few hours here and there at night.

When you feel you can't tolerate it or feel more icky, it's when I'd hold. Or try to cut smaller.

There isn't really one set of symptoms that can indicate a slow down. Because  we all get so many different effects from it. But I general the dizziness, tinnitus , nausea and cog fog are pretty common indicators, IMO.

arcade about this:

When I consider myself good to continue my daily taper I am not 100% symptoms free.  I have maybe some minor head fog and minor scalp tension that comes and goes.  Very minor dizziness in morning but it goes away as the day goes on.  When I find that my symptoms are increasing it feels like I have a heavy head.  I call it "lead head"...LOL!!  I also have an increase in nausea and dizziness with pins and needles on my skin and sleep issues.  At this point I decide to hold until these subside.  Does this sound normal?

Our buddy etown used to say if you he was having an 80/20 day . . . that is 80% tolerable symptoms, he'd continue tapering. It's became "Etown's 80/20 Rule". That's what I used to decide whether or not to continue tapering.

If s/x got crappy for a few days in a row -- my worst were the sick dizzies, head pressure and headaches -- I would hold.

Sounds like you have a good handle on this!

My coping skills are a million times better compared to the beginning of this benzo mess.  When my wife freaks out over the smallest things, I just shake my head...LOL!!  :D

Hi, daily tapered here ( although I'm now holding more often as my dose is so low, I need to take it easy ).

I can relate to the lead head. With the nausea . And vertigo has been my companion daily during this proces.

I think it will be worth holding for a few days and see if that gives you some relief.

When I get increased or new xs, I held. Usually, the head pressure and tinnitus would increase and would decrease again after holding a few extra days.

I think it's very personal what xs you get and what your signs are. Mine could be vertigo and another person gets headaches or nausea..

I also feel a bit better as the day goes on.

My mornings used to be real bad but are much improved, on lower dosage .

It all sounds " normal " to me, yes.

I'm not ever really symptoms free. Maybe just for a few hours here and there at night.

When you feel you can't tolerate it or feel more icky, it's when I'd hold. Or try to cut smaller.

There isn't really one set of symptoms that can indicate a slow down. Because  we all get so many different effects from it. But I general the dizziness, tinnitus , nausea and cog fog are pretty common indicators, IMO.

Moodle,

Thank you for your input.  What you said sounds about right for me also. 

My tinnitus increases and this is also one of the many signs for me to hold or slow down.  Great to get some feedback on this and it seems I am doing this somewhat right based on my symptoms.